Prove to me your stiker scores headers

Just a test here really, I can not and any of my mates can't get big target men to score headers. In fact it's so hard to get any striker with pace/acc under 10 to score any goals.

I can get my wingers to score a few headers and of course the odd one from a big fella (not from corners or free kicks) can anyone show me how or prove to me that it can be done.

It's the single most annoying thing in FM and is the main reason i've given up till the match engine is updated, i'm sick of pace and more pace. It's not that i can't win, i've won the champions league 4 times with Vauxhall Motors but find it tedious that it's all done in the same stock way.

It's really tiresome to watch the same generic cut inside and through ball working all the time yet wingers crossing to the middle is virtually a waste of time. Please somebody reignite my fire!

I don't tend to play with target men. I prefer possession football with a playmaker.

I had Walcott get two headers for England against Moldova recently in an eventual hattrick. He was set to poacher with Rooney DLF-attack. Both came in at angles in open play (ie, from behind him rather than a winger from the touchline).

Had Dzeko at Man City get a couple, when set as Advanced Forward, and that freebie striker I took on at Leeds (can't remember his name, but he's suspended for about six games at the start of the season - young French chap), he got a few as poacher when playing alongside a skillful DLF.

I get a decent mix however you are right heading the ball isn't really a preferred option for a striker, mostly I find they'll tap it in or slide and put it in. Wingers seem to score more headers getting on crosses from the opposite side and my late arriving AMC chips in with a few.

However in saying that it doesn't really bother me as long as they are going in by some method.

I found that my pacey strikers with basically no heading are scoring more header goals, so far, than my Target Man like striker with lots of heading and jumping. Dunno why.

Then again, I am in the really obscure lower leagues of Northern Ireland and my players are mainly youths on nothing contracts.

I'll describe one my players made in a friendly match:

- one of the fowards goes near the goal kick line and cross the ball over the keeper

-player heads it over the keeper again but it's going to go out of the field

-The foward that crossed the ball heads it once again over the keeper

-another head, post and goal :p

Whilst I don't see many headed goals, I see a lot of goals scored with the feet after crosses are put into the box.

I think you need to look for anticipation before jumping/heading, though of course those attributes can be useful on the halfway line or defending.

Most of the headed goals I see from open play are like the ones Vector described. Usually, a striker (and not necessarily a big one) goes unmarked at the far post and a winger/striker crosses it over a distracted keeper. On a few occasions, I've seen a diving header from a deflection.

If you're using a single forward and attempting to cross it in while he's dealing with two centrebacks, you're not going to have much luck but that's the case in real life as well.

You might try putting your target man/deep-lying forward on support duty so they arrive late in the box with some momentum instead of stopping and standing around for the cross.

Just a test here really, I can not and any of my mates can't get big target men to score headers. In fact it's so hard to get any striker with pace/acc under 10 to score any goals.

I can get my wingers to score a few headers and of course the odd one from a big fella (not from corners or free kicks) can anyone show me how or prove to me that it can be done.

It's the single most annoying thing in FM and is the main reason i've given up till the match engine is updated, i'm sick of pace and more pace. It's not that i can't win, i've won the champions league 4 times with Vauxhall Motors but find it tedious that it's all done in the same stock way.

It's really tiresome to watch the same generic cut inside and through ball working all the time yet wingers crossing to the middle is virtually a waste of time. Please somebody reignite my fire!

Whats your tactics and role for the wingers and strikers?

This is basically a set piece situation.

Headed goals from open play dry up the further up the leagues you move. In FM, for a striker to score a header from open play he has to be wide open and hit perfectly. Happens more often in lower quality leagues where marking is non-existent. Hardly ever works in the top leagues. Explains why dafuge's giant striker scores a lot, for example, as defenders in NI are probably rather poor.

Romelu Lukaku and Ishak Belfodil as wide strikers. FC dropping deep constantly to give them space to run in behind.

Rafael and Fabio set to aim for the far post with the crosses. My towering wide forwards scored a header at least every other game.

I'd show you proof but my hard drive died and I lost the greatest save I've ever had :(

I think that for you too constantly score headers, you need strikers who are exceptionally strong, exceptionally good in the air, and exceptional at finishing with their head (and finishing in general).

Lukaku and Belfodil had 19-20 in all those attributes. And at 6'4" and 6'3" respectively, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who could stop them.

In FM, though, it does seem like your player needs to be a great deal better in the air than the player opposing him for him to have a good chance of scoring with his head. Maybe this is one way the ME deals with too many chances being created. Gotta keep scores realistic.

Romelu Lukaku and Ishak Belfodil as wide strikers. FC dropping deep constantly to give them space to run in behind.

Rafael and Fabio set to aim for the far post with the crosses. My towering wide forwards scored a header at least every other game.

I'd show you proof but my hard drive died and I lost the greatest save I've ever had :(

I think that for you too constantly score headers, you need strikers who are exceptionally strong, exceptionally good in the air, and exceptional at finishing with their head (and finishing in general).

Lukaku and Belfodil had 19-20 in all those attributes. And at 6'4" and 6'3" respectively, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who could stop them.

In FM, though, it does seem like your player needs to be a great deal better in the air than the player opposing him for him to have a good chance of scoring with his head. Maybe this is one way the ME deals with too many chances being created. Gotta keep scores realistic.

You are just exploiting far post with forwards mimicking inside wingers. I used Demba Ba in similar manner to obliterate opposition in Primera.

@Cleon Marcão is hybrid between Pele and Drogba last player in real football that was anywhere close to his ability (and mix of qualities) was Adriano.

This is an headed goal my striker just got;

[video=youtube;RF0C_okKZI8]

This is the strikers stats;

transfer1.png

I think he's scored roughly 12 headed goals from crosses out of his 28 goals scored so far.

Cleon

I notice that you have the Attributies page the first tab on your sceenshot, how did you do that? Does that mean when you click no the players name you get that screen first not the Profile page?

I notice that you have the Attributies page the first tab on your sceenshot, how did you do that? Does that mean when you click no the players name you get that screen first not the Profile page?

Preferences - top right hand corner. Change it from profile to attributes.

Cleon

Preferences > General > Default Player Selection

You are just exploiting far post with forwards mimicking inside wingers. I used Demba Ba in similar manner to obliterate opposition in Primera.

@Cleon Marcão is hybrid between Pele and Drogba last player in real football that was anywhere close to his ability (and mix of qualities) was Adriano.

pfft whatever >.>

Archived