I'm right damn you!

I wouldn't call this a complaint as such, love the game in every way, but this is just a suggestion for future editions. In my current save I have been touring the eastern corners of Europe for the first time for a long time, coaching Dinamo Zagreb, CSKA M, and now Shakhtar, absoloutely loving it, winning everything but the elusive champions league so far (although my all conquering cska side really should have gone all the way, with just one terrible game in the quarter finals ruining the dream). I have also won the Euros with Belgium, utilising their golden generation, and am now preparing my youthful Iran team for a world cup adventure.

So that was the background (sorry for the bragging) and here comes my suggestion. I have twice faced this situation:

1. In my 2nd season in cska I decided to sell my top scorer Vagner Love after I decided that my younger talents were a better bet for the next season, and the fact that he was on the wrong side of 30 and his contract running out next summer he wanted a raise on his already significant wages. So I decided I would probably get the most out of him in terms of transfer fees now. Therefore I sold him to Bayern for £12m.

2. Again 2nd season, now in Shakhtar I decided to sell Pedro (and bear with me). I somehow got him on free transfer the summer before, and he had a good season with us, scoring important goals and providing a number of assists. However in the summer I saw Xherdan Shaqiri (sp) was available on free, and with him being 25 and pedro 30, I decided to do a swap. I got £11.5m for him, again from Bayern.

I do not regret either sales, as my younger players really stepped up and performed brilliantly. The problem is that months after these transfers my fans are still 'on my back' regarding the players, as they feel they never should have been let go. Its not like this has a significant impact on my management of these clubs, but I would like to answer back ;) Wouldn't it be possible to hold a press conference after 'controversial' transfers where I'm allowed to justify my dealings?

A reasonable feature suggestion actually.

I recently raised 120m+ in transfers over 18 months and all the fans were on my back. Needless to say the fans were right to be annoyed; but having press conferences directed at changing fan opinion would be a good feature.

Good idea.

I had a simlar situation with Fabio at Manchester United. End of second season, and his contract had 1 year left on it. He was still back-up to Evra but wanted 85,000 per week to sign a new contract. I tried 4 seperate times to negotiate with him, and got him down to £82,000 per week. I felt it was too much to pay a back-up player especially considering I had some good youth players coming through, so sold him to Levekusen for £16m.

I kept getting the message that the fans are unhappy with your decision to sell Fabio. I would like the oppurtunity to say 'I sold him due to his stupid high wage demands, and I feel it is in the best interests of the club'.

This is a cracking idea. I really like it. I think these moments of interaction really help to make the game feel deeper and more realistic.

I sold Leon Best to Southampton at the start of my second season at Newcastle, and the board keep telling me they're disappointed with the decision to sell him. Maybe something could also be tied into this to try and appease the chairman too.

It annoys the hell out of me. It's either the fans or the board who moan when I sell/release (who I deem is really bad) a player they 'love' and who in fact has been at the club for 4 months prior to me arriving.

I would love that option just to say 'Well, yes I sold him, but I think he's poor compared to this amazing 18 yo'

Archived