Bloody Torres!!

Hi all, is it actually possible to get Torres to play well for chelsea?? I play 4-2-3-1 with either Torres or Drogba up front, I play Drogba as a target man attack and he scores no problem but when I play Torres when rotating my team he couldnt hit a barn door!! I play him as either a pocher attack or advanced forward attack and same results each time, rubbish rating and no goals!! Any suggesttions are very welcome.

Cheers

Sounds like SI have done a VERY good job with Torres here then because he sucks for Chelsea in real life as well :D

Have you tried playing him up front along side anyone else instead of like a lone striker? Maybe linking him up with Drogba for instance with Drogba as the target man and Torres as either an advanced forward or poacher.

I play him as an Advanced Forward in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Two in the MC positions as a DLP support and BWM defend, then my two wide players are inside forwards, with the AMC a trequartista. He scores roughly 20-25 a season in about 30 games (I rotate him with Lukaku).

Unrealistic then, perhaps not if you were playing FM09/FM10 etc.

But it should not be happening on FM12, maybe Torres should have his CA reduced some more to fix this. ;)

Why should his CA be reduced just because he's not scoring goals? Maybe reduce his finishing or his composure, but he still does plenty on the pitch, just look at the cross he made to set up Mata against Man Utd that still shows hes got the ability

I play him as an Advanced Forward in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Two in the MC positions as a DLP support and BWM defend, then my two wide players are inside forwards, with the AMC a trequartista. He scores roughly 20-25 a season in about 30 games (I rotate him with Lukaku).

I used a similar formation (4-2-3-1) with much success also. Alternately, my approach is 4-3-2-1 with a DMC and two MCs at the center, 2 wingers and Torres up front. In the Team Instruction, I set him as TM with 'pass to feet' option. Wham, 20+ goals per season.

Why should his CA be reduced just because he's not scoring goals? Maybe reduce his finishing or his composure, but he still does plenty on the pitch, just look at the cross he made to set up Mata against Man Utd that still shows hes got the ability

Did you miss the winking smiley face?

He is an absolute god for me in the first season at the moment!

28(2) appearances

24 goals

then with kalou and drogba both on 16 goals for the season

also currently sitting 6th in premier league, 5 points off the lead with 7 games to go

knocked out of the fa cup in the 5th round

won league cup

semi final of the champions league against arsenal still to come

He's truly amaaaazing for me, even at 32, soon to be 33. I'll post up some screen shots of his tactical instructions ect. if I can get round to it; but he has scored 77 goals in 78(16)apperances over the space of two seasons since I've been managing him at Chelsea; and he should be on course to hitting his 200th Chelsea goal this season, counting in the previous AI managed seasons.

I use Classic tactics, so don't have a defined 'role' to suggest. To make sure he's on the last man, so high mentality, with high creative freedom, run with ball sometimes, move into channels, run from deep often, roaming on.

He's still a great player in the game, so it's really down to your tactical set up with him to get him firing - no use saying "SI have done a great job with Torres, he's total 7hit for me, blah, blah, blah". Should still be my main goal threat up until he is 35 if he can keep his pace!

Hi all, is it actually possible to get Torres to play well for chelsea?? I play 4-2-3-1 with either Torres or Drogba up front, I play Drogba as a target man attack and he scores no problem but when I play Torres when rotating my team he couldnt hit a barn door!! I play him as either a pocher attack or advanced forward attack and same results each time, rubbish rating and no goals!! Any suggesttions are very welcome.

Cheers

]

Isn't it scary how realistic SI have made this game :D

Archived