+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bloody Torres!!

Lurker

Default Bloody Torres!!

Hi all, is it actually possible to get Torres to play well for chelsea?? I play 4-2-3-1 with either Torres or Drogba up front, I play Drogba as a target man attack and he scores no problem but when I play Torres when rotating my team he couldnt hit a barn door!! I play him as either a pocher attack or advanced forward attack and same results each time, rubbish rating and no goals!! Any suggesttions are very welcome.

Cheers

Amateur

Sounds like SI have done a VERY good job with Torres here then because he sucks for Chelsea in real life as well

Have you tried playing him up front along side anyone else instead of like a lone striker? Maybe linking him up with Drogba for instance with Drogba as the target man and Torres as either an advanced forward or poacher.

Subs Bench

The best place to ask would be this thread.

Semi Pro

With his attributes on FM I find playing him alongside a Target Man (support) with Torres as DLF (attack), ensuring the team shout-out "pass through defence" is active.

Reserves

Personally I would have a lone forward on support orders and as its Torres probably a complete forward.

Part-Timer

I think this is a question AVB would like to know the answer too!

Amateur

Poacher for me has him at 6 goals in 3 apps I think it is.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer89 View Post
    Poacher for me has him at 6 goals in 3 apps I think it is.
    Unrealistic then, perhaps not if you were playing FM09/FM10 etc.

But it should not be happening on FM12, maybe Torres should have his CA reduced some more to fix this.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

I've had excellent results using him as an advanced forward.

Banned

The AI seem to do wonders with Torres, always getting 25+ goals a season.

Amateur

I play him as an Advanced Forward in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Two in the MC positions as a DLP support and BWM defend, then my two wide players are inside forwards, with the AMC a trequartista. He scores roughly 20-25 a season in about 30 games (I rotate him with Lukaku).

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    Unrealistic then, perhaps not if you were playing FM09/FM10 etc.

But it should not be happening on FM12, maybe Torres should have his CA reduced some more to fix this.
    Why should his CA be reduced just because he's not scoring goals? Maybe reduce his finishing or his composure, but he still does plenty on the pitch, just look at the cross he made to set up Mata against Man Utd that still shows hes got the ability

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Squadinho View Post
    I play him as an Advanced Forward in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Two in the MC positions as a DLP support and BWM defend, then my two wide players are inside forwards, with the AMC a trequartista. He scores roughly 20-25 a season in about 30 games (I rotate him with Lukaku).
    I used a similar formation (4-2-3-1) with much success also. Alternately, my approach is 4-3-2-1 with a DMC and two MCs at the center, 2 wingers and Torres up front. In the Team Instruction, I set him as TM with 'pass to feet' option. Wham, 20+ goals per season.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jimbowmanuk View Post
    Why should his CA be reduced just because he's not scoring goals? Maybe reduce his finishing or his composure, but he still does plenty on the pitch, just look at the cross he made to set up Mata against Man Utd that still shows hes got the ability
    Did you miss the winking smiley face?

He is an absolute god for me in the first season at the moment!

28(2) appearances
    24 goals

then with kalou and drogba both on 16 goals for the season
    also currently sitting 6th in premier league, 5 points off the lead with 7 games to go
    knocked out of the fa cup in the 5th round
    won league cup
    semi final of the champions league against arsenal still to come

Part-Timer

He's truly amaaaazing for me, even at 32, soon to be 33. I'll post up some screen shots of his tactical instructions ect. if I can get round to it; but he has scored 77 goals in 78(16)apperances over the space of two seasons since I've been managing him at Chelsea; and he should be on course to hitting his 200th Chelsea goal this season, counting in the previous AI managed seasons.

I use Classic tactics, so don't have a defined 'role' to suggest. To make sure he's on the last man, so high mentality, with high creative freedom, run with ball sometimes, move into channels, run from deep often, roaming on.

He's still a great player in the game, so it's really down to your tactical set up with him to get him firing - no use saying "SI have done a great job with Torres, he's total 7hit for me, blah, blah, blah". Should still be my main goal threat up until he is 35 if he can keep his pace!

Third Team
    The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw121 View Post
    Hi all, is it actually possible to get Torres to play well for chelsea?? I play 4-2-3-1 with either Torres or Drogba up front, I play Drogba as a target man attack and he scores no problem but when I play Torres when rotating my team he couldnt hit a barn door!! I play him as either a pocher attack or advanced forward attack and same results each time, rubbish rating and no goals!! Any suggesttions are very welcome.

Cheers
    ]

Isn't it scary how realistic SI have made this game

Amateur

I rotate him with Fierro playing as CF Trequartista with Sanago as Poacher along side him. Scores a decnt return and this is @ 33. signed on a free for Fulham.

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

torres did really bad in the first season in my game. something liek 5 goals in over 45 appearances. the next season he gets about 40 goals and he's we'll on his way to that in the third.

+ Reply to Thread