managerial contracts.

hi,

is anyone else getting really annoyed by the contract situation when renewing your contract? i never used to mind taking low wages but i have won 20 trophies now (just got the trophy hoarder achievement) been at the club 11 seasons now and my wages are only at £57,000 a week with a world class reputation. i got players on much bigger wages and wondering why this years fm is getting harder to get a decent pay rise. i have tried going for longer contracts and 1 year rolling but even 1 year rolling im only getting offer £1000 a week increase.

im not gonna say this is a bug or anything but wondering what others thought and how they are getting on.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/296377-12.1.1-Managers-poorly-paid

This is something I noticed in my game, I think it's a bug caused by ever increasing demands on teams to balance the books & the easiest wages to cut are those of the non-playing staff.

It could also have a knock-on effect of speeding up the managerial merry-go-round as it is less expensive to break a managerial contract.

I don't have an answer for that, but personally speaking I'm not really too fussed about my wage. I think all it is really used for is:

- An indication of how much confidence the board has in you.

- A mechanism for calculating compensation if you are offered a job at another club.

Edit: I seem to be possibly bucking the trend in my current save as I'm 2nd season with Pompey in the Premiership and my wage is £25,000 - higher than all but one of my players.

i dont personally care about it too much just annoying me as i love the realism but considering 20 trophies in 11 seasons so far including the champions league twice, europa cup once , 4 prem titles, 5 fa cups, 8 league cups ontop on the numerous world club champions, community shields etc etc. world class rep on 57k a week its no wonder im getting every top job offered at 3 times me wage but as i wanted a long term lower league bottom to top challenge i refuse them.

I havent got as far into the game as you so maybe im not at the cap yet, but i have never had any trouble getting a pay rise, i usually only sign contracts in 2 year increments and have generally got around 25% wage increase on each contract, this has happened at Chelsea, Aston Villa and Hearts

Archived