GK Stupidity PT. 2.

Hi there,

I posted this video loke a month ago:

[video=youtube;pLvoD6VRVNg]

Here is the thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/295440-This-would-never-happen-IRL.

Now I playes VS Chelsea and my GK got a yellow card for this!!!

[video=youtube;YH2Sp_3D_IM]

Come on!! How stupid is that??

Seriously SI you should fix this **** up GK AI cuz it ******* up the game for real.

Am I the only one that thinks he just walked outside of the box with the ball?

Thats about representation and the 3d isn't always 100% as there are a limited number of animations.

He catches the ball about 3/4 yards away from the 18yard line. His feet aren't moving which implies he is in the air and he lands virtually on the line. Although I can see why you may think that I'm confident the implication is that momentum took him outside.

Thats about representation and the 3d isn't always 100% as there are a limited number of animations.

He catches the ball about 3/4 yards away from the 18yard line. His feet aren't moving which implies he is in the air and he lands virtually on the line. Although I can see why you may think that I'm confident the implication is that momentum took him outside.

I guess your might be right, but still to me it looks like he walked with the ball outside of the box.

May I ask why a goalie would jump 4 yards forward on an easy ball like that then? Or why a goalie wouldn't drop the ball when he realises he's risking that his "momentum" takes him out off the box?

Both parts shouldn't happen. A goalie would never pounce on a ball in a hurry when there's no pressure on him. Then in a case where he'd actually would need to pick up momentum if the possibility exists that it takes him outside the box he'd drop the ball. He wouldn't hang onto it as the ball is glued to his hands.

May I ask why a goalie would jump 4 yards forward on an easy ball like that then? Or why a goalie wouldn't drop the ball when he realises he's risking that his "momentum" takes him out off the box?

Both parts shouldn't happen. A goalie would never pounce on a ball in a hurry when there's no pressure on him. Then in a case where he'd actually would need to pick up momentum if the possibility exists that it takes him outside the box he'd drop the ball. He wouldn't hang onto it as the ball is glued to his hands.

He made a mistake.

Yes, but his legs start moving again after he's landed, which to me wouldn't suggest that part of it was momentum. Plus he is barely off the ground anyway, so there shouldn't be anywhere near enough forward movement. I've had similar happen with a dive that started well inside the area (I think my keeper got a red card for that) - it wasn't momentum. Perhaps it is the starting position being misrepresented?

Whether it is poor representation or not, it does look shoddy.

And the OP is saying it's an unreal mistake that shouldn't be in the game. Yes, keepers handle outside the box when travelling with momentum, this is ridiculous. Why willl some ppl not accept criticism of the game? I bet even the mods would say this is poor gameplay. It needs to be interpreted better.

Stampler, this is a forum, it's where ppl come to discuss good and bad things about FM.

Stampler, this is a forum, it's where ppl come to discuss good and bad things about FM.

Oh. Thank you for reminding me, my son.

I was saying that you cannot expect football to be depicted as in reality in a football manager game (yet). Therefore it makes absolutely no sense to rant about this : (Quote from supermeppen) "Yes, but his legs start moving again after he's landed, which to me wouldn't suggest that part of it was momentum."

I think he should

1. either be more realistic in his thinking about computer games

or

3. program a football manager game first before complaining about things about which you just cannot complain for it is not the fault of the programmers but the nowadays technical possibilities.

And the OP is saying it's an unreal mistake that shouldn't be in the game. Yes, keepers handle outside the box when travelling with momentum, this is ridiculous. Why willl some ppl not accept criticism of the game? I bet even the mods would say this is poor gameplay. It needs to be interpreted better.

I don't think anyone is really arguing that it could be shown better by the match viewer tbf.

In terms of criticism I think a lot of regular users have seen the 3d match viewer improve year on year since it was introduced in FM09. Examples like this are much rarer now compared to previous versions and because of this these users tend to be a bit more laid back about them. They accept that the ME/3d match viewer isn't perfect and trust that SI will improve it each year without toys being thrown out of the pram on the forums.

Oh. Thank you for reminding me, my son.

I was saying that you cannot expect football to be depicted as in reality in a football manager game (yet). Therefore it makes absolutely no sense to rant about this : (Quote from supermeppen) "Yes, but his legs start moving again after he's landed, which to me wouldn't suggest that part of it was momentum."

I think he should

1. either be more realistic in his thinking about computer games

or

3. program a football manager game first before complaining about things about which you just cannot complain for it is not the fault of the programmers but the nowadays technical possibilities.

Ha ha, you think that responding to a post in a non-aggressive manner but with a different viewpoint is a rant! How odd.

So Cougar is ok to say it is momentum, but I can't say it isn't momentum? Bizarre. Anyway, does FM even have a full physics engine running? If not, then momentum doesn't even exist as a concept in the game, rendering this whole point moot.

Your third point is just silly.

So what you're saying, essentially, is don't come on here and point out obscurities or things we find inept? I doubt he was throwing things out of his pram, just pointing out how silly it was! I find a ot of silly goings on in the ME. It needs improving, nobody can argue that.

Stampler, why would that apply to me? I don't programme games I coach youth football. I buy the game to play, the same as some movies may have flaws which I would point out, doesn;t mean I have to have directed a movie! If I pay to watch, play or take part in something, as a customer I am allowed an opinion, I don''t have to have done something in that field, I leave that to the experts.

Dolph:

Sorry, I was being a bit too hard on you. I apologize for that. I was just furious about the whole complaining thing about things that cant be programmed better at the moment and glitches like that can still appear so no use to complain about. But , after drinking a cup of tea, I can of course see it more your way and apologize, it wasnt meant to get to you , just a general rant (from me this time, Supermeppen ;) )

So what you're saying, essentially, is don't come on here and point out obscurities or things we find inept? I doubt he was throwing things out of his pram, just pointing out how silly it was! I find a ot of silly goings on in the ME. It needs improving, nobody can argue that.

I do honestly wonder how my original post, which also asked a question, could be interpreted as a rant in any form or fashion.

This forum is very strange sometimes.

No worries Stampler! We all agree to disagree on some things. Some posters on here just can't understand why some users are not totally happy with the ME. I'm not, but, I wouldn't argue that everybody shouldn't be! I can see why others are happy with it. We all have differing opinions.

Not at all.

However something that happens very rarely (like this example) is not as high a priority as something that occurs much more frequently. You need to accept that the ME/3d match viewer will never be perfect but that SI do a decent job of improving it year on year.

It's the same match engine as 11.3! It's decent at best! Even SI have said it needs a massive overhaul.

I suspect you say its decent at best because you are fairly new to the series which probably explains some of your frustration with other users.

Compared to previous versions the ME is the best its ever been while compared to other companies its light years ahead of what they have produced.

Thats not to say it can't be improved though and SI have always overhauled their ME every few years so thats nothing new.

Cougar, I'm 30 years old and have been playing since the first version, I think I was 13. I also remember my excitement at the new Championship Manager Italia way back in 94/95 I think? In my opinion Football is a fantastic game! I'm just not happy about the ME. I can see why some are, just not me.

Cougar, I'm 30 years old and have been playing since the first version, I think I was 13. I also remember my excitement at the new Championship Manager Italia way back in 94/95 I think? In my opinion Football is a fantastic game! I'm just not happy about the ME. I can see why some are, just not me.

Then you've seen the improvements that have been made over the series.

I guess it comes down to the post that Graham206 made in the ME thread about how different people view the current state of the ME.

Then you've seen the improvements that have been made over the series.

I guess it comes down to the post that Graham206 made in the ME thread about how different people view the current state of the ME.

Thats pretty much why i come across as uber defensive, i remember some of the states the ME was previously and can appreciate the level SI have arrived at, there are no real glaring bugs in the ME, not like we used to have, for the best part a game in FM is watchable, even if it is still like watching a game and not a natural game of football.

Despite what seems to get banded about, i dont want SI to stand still or think FM is the pinnacle of games, i just appreciate how far it has actually came since it changed to FM from Champ Man.

I can understand that Milner. I really struggle to watch, the ball hitting my players off weak crosses and rebounding to the opposition when the nall would be easily controlled or a ball passed to my player which seems to hit him and rebound off to the opposition, these were just two from the last game! There are so many more, as 1 guy pointed out in another thread. I see your reasons for enjoying it, I personally hate watching it.

Archived