Add/Remove League Feature - Feedback

The feature in question had been one of the most wanted features for years...People had been saying how great that would be for career games, how it would revolutionize the game etc. Now we finally have it, but no one seems to talk about it, no one even mentions it. From the huge excitement over it before the game release we came to a stage where it's completely ignored.

I haven't played the game long enough to try it out, so I'm wondering...

Have you tried the add/remove league feature? What's your experience with it? What's good and bad about it? Is it what we hoped for?

I would say the fact no one mentions it says its working very well, most threads on here are complaints about the game. I dont really move about the FM world i stay at one club usually so for me the great thing is being able to add different leagues when i get new feeder clubs, especially ones for work permits, since starting the game i have added the Romanian and Croatian leagues and am away to add the Serbian leagues and it worked seamlessly, in fact i didnt even notice the load ups when they were added at the end of a season. Havent noticed any issues with adding or removing leagues either. Thumbs up from me :)

I think I enjoy starting with a few (4/5) leagues for a fast, responsive, game, knowing I'm going nowhere for the first few years. As I get promoted I drop off the lower leagues & add the higher ones so all leagues have a chance to offer me a job.

Like Miner syas, it's working well & that's likely the reason it's not appearing in this forum.

It doesn't yet do what I wanted. What I would like is to be able to start in one country and select the leagues relevant to that one (so if I start in Sweden, I would have Scandinavian leagues only). When I get my reputation up enough, I would like to be able to get offered jobs in other countries, and then change so the leagues relevant there are on instead of Scandinavian.

In FM12, you have to know before you start which leagues you would like to be able to turn on at a later date. If you do not select them at all at game start, you will never be able to turn them on. Also, they have to be running to get a job there, so in reality, you have to have all leagues loaded and running to be able to "play anywhere, any time". Given you also need to wait after selecting them for the start of the next season before the leagues are active, you have to know in advance what you will be wanting to do, and make sure you start with everything loaded - the exact opposite point of what the feature should be about.

It is a good start, and seems to be working ok, but in a limited fashion.

In FM12, you have to know before you start which leagues you would like to be able to turn on at a later date. If you do not select them at all at game start, you will never be able to turn them on.

I was under the impression that this is not correct? It would just be "remove leagues" then.

I was under the impression that this is not correct? It would just be "remove leagues" then.

I will withdraw much of that if I am wrong! You can switch from "view only" to full for sure, but I'm not sure you can go from off completely to on.

But the part about leagues having to be active to get a job there remains valid, so for journeyman saves, you do have to guess in advance where you want to manage later and switch on the leagues in advance.

I will withdraw much of that if I am wrong! You can switch from "view only" to full for sure, but I'm not sure you can go from off completely to on.

I believe you can. In my career game I'm hoping to activate the Brazilian and Argentinian leagues when my worldwide rep is high enough to get a big job there. I've already removed several other leagues for speed reasons.

But the part about leagues having to be active to get a job there remains valid, so for journeyman saves, you do have to guess in advance where you want to manage later and switch on the leagues in advance.

I agree with this. It's their first stab at doing this kind of thing though so hopefully that can get looked at it in future versions.

It is indeed complete nonsense - I've just started a new save with only England and Scotland running, and can add in any other league.

As for the second point, this would be tricky technically, I imagine - you'd have to retain a lot more clubs in the initial database to make this feasible, which would hugely increase the size of a save game, for very little return. Just plan ahead :)

My biggest issue with it is that (presumably) the players that need to be created to make a league active will have no history. I don't think I will use the feature before the game knows how to simulate a believable biography for those players. Having 30 year olds in the game with no playing history kills the suspension of disbelief for me.

Archived