+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: PH71's Journey - featuring The Alphabet Challenge

Hopefully they go after you

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 224 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

The squad is awful and things aren't looking too good in the league

International Squad

I for Impossible.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

A skilled manager like you should be able to turn that around .

Reserves

You're a brave man taking that.

First Team Squad Member

More desperate than brave tbf

Semi Pro

Well you need to stay 365 days to stay at the club to complete the challenge, heh? Otherwise I'd tell you to start thinking about J. Better turn that around quickly.

First Team Squad Member

yeah if I was to be sacked I have to take on another 'I' job and complete the 365 days

Reserves

I find it hard to believe you're that desperate, unless you didn't want to wait.

Youth Team

Finally an I job. Not your favourite one, but at least you're progressing.

Amateur

6 point behind and little more than half of the season. I'm sure you won't get relegated.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    I find it hard to believe you're that desperate, unless you didn't want to wait.
    desperately impatient would be a better way of describing by decision to take the job

5 games later and only 5 points, not great but I will be buying some players in the August transfer period so hopefully they can improve results.

First Team Squad Member

The transfers I've made definitely seem to have improved results, 12 points in 8 games sees us just 2 points away from safety with 8 games to go...

Reserves

Not a bad run of form for a team in relegation trouble. Can probably survive if you keep it up.

First Team Squad Member

Whilst things aren't looking great with 3 games to go, we do have a decent run in for squeaky bum time, we face Avangard Podolsk away who we should get a draw at, a home game with Mordovia that I'd like a draw out of, and an extremely winnable last game - which sees us at home to already-relegated bottom place side Nizhniy Novgorod. I'll be disappointed if we do go down, I've spent quite a bit of money and the squad is good enough to compete for a mid-table spot next year if we stay up.

Amateur

Interesting move there, but hopefully you'll be able to save them.

Amateur

So... bring on the J-clubs :P

Japan and? :P

First Team Squad Member

I don't think Japan are manageable because of the copyright thing, the main 'J' side is obviously Juve but unless we get a tycoon takeover or a crazy cup run I can't see me taking Irtysh to anything that big in Russia, so my reputation probably wouldn't be high enough for the Juve job if it came available. There's a few clubs in the lower Spanish/Italian leagues for 'J' like Jaen, Jerez, Juve Stabia, then there's a couple of lower league Portuguese sides - Juventude de Evora and Joane. There's also Jerv of the 3rd tier in Norway. So yeah, the chances of a glamorous 'J' are pretty slim

Youth Team

That will be an interesting finish! Hopefully the boys can take those 3 matches and you get some help from other teams.

International Squad

What about Jamaica?

International Squad

Or Jarrow Roofing Boldon way down the English leagues.

First Team Squad Member

Jamaica sadly aren't an option, the only national sides I can manage are European, African, South American, Australia or one of Mexico, USA and Canada. And the English leagues are only down to the BSN and BSS, so no Jarrow Roofing Boldon either

-
    A 2-2 draw with Mordovia (which should really have been a win, we were 2-0 up until the 82nd minute), a 3-1 win at Avangard Podolsk (which saw a Pavlov hat-trick) and a 2-0 win at home to Nizhniy Novgorod sees us safe by a mere point, although we had better goal difference so technically 2 points.

Last edited by PaulHartman71; 15-07-2012 at 23:54.

Third Team

Good Job Paul, good to see survival, now you can worry about "J" Clubs as you should keep your job for the new season.

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, there is a chance it could take just as long/if not longer than an 'I' club just because there's not that many 'J's available. I'm content to stay with Irtysh until one becomes available though. Bit of a dead end team now I've spent all the money though, should be good enough to avoid relegation for the next few seasons but doubt I'd ever be able to push for promotion as there's not that much money in this division/at the club.

Youth Team

Well at least survival shouldn't be an issue now.

Amateur

Survival is good enough No worries for a J-team.

Done your job with survival. Well done.

Reserves

Well done scraping it, hopefully you can push on up the mid-table as you think this team can.

Part-Timer

Wow, great end to the season there! Come join me in Mexico and sign for Jaguares .

First Team Squad Member

I is for Irtysh

I took over at Irtysh when they looked pretty certain to go down, after fiddling around with their formation/tactics a bit and bringing in some better players, things started to look better and eventually I kept them up. The squad is now pretty decent and good enough to push for mid-table next season. The finances at the club aren't great, they had a decent transfer budget and I spent pretty much all of that meaning that I will probably have to sell in order to buy next season. The transfers that I did make included bringing in left back Gennady Golovin as the club had no real left back that wasn't complete crap. A defensive midfielder in Alexey Shevyakov as the other defensive midfielder was pretty useless. A cheaper guy I brought in was Alexandr Shevchenko who is a very decent right back for this division. Artem Alborov completed my spending, he's a decent central midfield player who has potential to become a very good player.

The key players for the season were the Goalkeeper - Anton Provotorov, he's pretty good for this level but is unhappy and will leave on a bosman at the end of the season. I don't think replacing him will be particularly easy. The young Bulgarian central defender Stanislav Venkov, who is definitely the best defender at the club which is impressive considering his age. The 22 year old Ukrainian striker Mykhaylo Shpak is a strange one, he really should be scoring more goals than he does and I am hoping he scores more next season, his pace often sees him get into great positions but he'll blow an easy 1on1 chance which is frustrating. Victor Hugo Farias is a very good player for this level despite his age, his physical stats are fantastic and mean he gets a lot of assists despite his poor technical stats. Kirill Pavlov finished as top scorer with 14 goals in 30 games, a pretty good total really for a relegation battling side and his goals kept us up really. He's got a lot of decent stats and if he and Shpak can both get double figures next season we should definitely get a mid-table finish.

History
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Season     Club                   League                  Position     Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2009/10    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           9th        Joined in July   
    2010/11    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           11th       Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
    2011/12    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         19th       Joined in June 
    2012/13    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         9th        None
    2013/14    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         5th        Promoted via play-off
    2014/15    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square Premier       1st        Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
    2015/16    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div S      8th        Joined in November
    2016/17    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div C      1st        Champions, Promoted via play-off, resigned in June
    2017/18    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Joined in November
    2018/19    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Sacked in January
    2019/20    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          10th       Joined in May
    2020/21    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          3rd        Lost in play-off semi final
    2021/22    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
    2022/23    East Fife              Scottish 2nd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
    2023/24    East Fife              Scottish 1st Div          5th        Resigned in June
    2024       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       7th        Joined in July
    2025       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       4th        None
    2026       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       1st        Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October
    2026/27    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        8th        Joined in October
    2027/28    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        1st        Promoted as Champions, Serie C2 Super Cup winner, Resigned in June
    2028/29    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            8th        Lost in 3rd round of play-off 
    2029/30    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            4th        Lost in 2nd round of play-off
    2030/31    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            6th        Promoted via play-offs
    2031/32    HFC Haarlem            Eredivisie                11th       Resigned in July
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2032       Irtysh Omsk            Russian 1st Div           15th       Joined in July

Trophy Cabinet
    Code:
    Bradford Park Avenue 
    - Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
    - Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
    - Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
    - Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag 
    - Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

Gallipoli Calcio
    - Italian Serie C2/C x1 - 2027/28
    - Italian Serie C2 Super Cup x1 - 2027/28

First Team Squad Member

Doesn't make for the happiest of reading, indicates I could be in Russia for at least another season or two.

Reserves

Probably Juve Stabia then.

Youth Team

Well, may as well make the best of it

First Team Squad Member

An amazing run of form in our first 10 games of the season sees us top the league by 4 points, dropping only 5 points out of all the 10 games. I can't see us keeping this form up for the rest of the season, but it certainly will put us in contention for one of the two promotion places.

Doesnt look like staying in Russia is a bad thing .

First Team Squad Member

Well, er, this was a very welcome surprise

Youth Team

Hmmmm....interesting

Reserves

Nice turnaround in fortunes on and off the pitch.

Reserves

Hope the tycoon becomes the new owner and change the fortunes of the club with you at the helm.

International Squad

Irtysh might suddenly be the place to be!

First Team Squad Member

Dropped down to 2nd and form hasn't been great, could drop out of the top two spaces sooner rather than later. Not heard anymore from the tycoon yet, hoping the interest doesn't die down!

Still going along nicely.

First Team Squad Member

A possible English revolution in Russia? ú23M definitely sounds very promising!

Part-Timer

Tasty.

Youth Team

That's a huge amount of money for a team of that calibre

Part-Timer

Wait and see whether the takeover is successful, and whether he delivers the money if it is. It's puzzling why an English businessman would want to pump millions into a Russian team, especially one that doesn't have European football as a short term prospect.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Northernpilgrim View Post
    Wait and see whether the takeover is successful, and whether he delivers the money if it is. It's puzzling why an English businessman would want to pump millions into a Russian team, especially one that doesn't have European football as a short term prospect.
    Looks like you've jinxed it

Bitches .

First Team Squad Member

And it's back on track

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    And it's back on track

Yeah... they're going to play with you for a bit.

Third Team

Queue twelve messages back and forward over 9 months, and then finally a decision, don't get caught out with transfer embargos, I ended up with one lasting 6 months during a takeover and then they gave me no money..

First Team Squad Member

Reserves

It's worth it if the tycoon takeover goes through.

First Team Squad Member

It's not like I have the money to buy any players anyway tbf

Youth Team

Embargos suck. Hopefully they figure out their business soon.

First Team Squad Member

we're now on level points with Avangard Podolsk, our recent form has been quite poor including a 2-0 loss to Avangard Podolsk, promotion is pretty unlikely as we have a tough run in.

Oh and to make things worse...

Amateur

Just caught up, and this has been amazing. Good to see someone make it so far down the alphabet! Lets hope a J becomes available by the end of the season. Though if this Tycoon take over happens, It would be nice to hang around for a season longer. Build up a good squad, increase that reputation, then approach Juventus!

First Team Squad Member

@leonavich - thanks, Juventus would be great, hopefully the tycoon will eventually buy the club!

Just a few days later and we're back on track!

Amateur

Big success after big takeover would mean Juventus isn't only a dream. :kutgw:

First Team Squad Member

I could have posted a screenshot of what has just happened, but this Pink Floyd song tells you more than a screenshot ever could...

Amateur

So only thing you need now is

Reserves

Annoying how long you can have 'will they/won't they?' about takeovers, over a year sometimes.

Amateur

A very exciting twist Interesting to see what happens next!!

First Team Squad Member

Third Team

No extra for your budget yet, but that balance will help at least

Youth Team

Wow! A Chairman that just gives money instead of loans money Haven't had that before.

Amateur

Congrats on the tycoon takeover, I always seem to get boring consortium's That sort of money will help you push on to the top of Russia

Part-Timer

Congrats on the takeover, things are looking rosey now You won't want to leave for your next club at this rate .

Reserves

Exciting times ahead I see, maybe J will have to wait?

International Squad

Tom Lee must have more roubles than sense.

Reserves

Lots of money!

First Team Squad Member

A poor end to the season sees us fall short of promotion, however with the financial resources we now have we should be able to go up next season.

Reserves

Bad luck missing out, still money is very much on your side.

Ding dong. A nice bit of money in the kitty there .

First Team Squad Member

I is for Irtysh

Obviously we've now got a **** load of money in the bank, but at the start of the season we had virtually nothing and the transfers I made reflected this, only two guys brought in and one of them was a freebie. Overall the squad is pretty decent for this division but didn't deserve promotion, I will be using money I get next season to significantly improve the squad. I don't plan on using more than a few million though as I want to save the most of it for when/if we are promoted to the Premier Division, in-case the guy is tight and doesn't give us anymore cash.

Due to the annoying 3 foreigner rule of the division I had to sign a new Goalkeeper, as I already had the Bulgarian defender Venkov, the Argentine midfielder Farias and the Ukrainian striker Shpak - I had to get in a Russian GK. None of the GK's that my scouts had found were that great and obviously at the time I had limited funds, Artem Demidov was the best I could find and he was okay, he will surely be replaced now we have big money. Alexandr Shevchenko was more than handy at right back this season. Gennady Golovin has been the first choice left back, he's not as good as Shevchenko but is still decent. Stanislav Venkov had another very good season in the middle of the defence. Alexandr Kuchin is decent enough although nowhere near the same quality as Venkov. Anantoly Taresenko had an okay season playing as a defensive midfielder. Victor Hugo Farias had a very good season on the right hand side, with 8 goals and 7 assists. Taras Batov had a pretty poor year on the left hand side, nowhere near as effective as Farias was. Artem Alborov did pretty well in the middle of midfield, 2 goals and 9 assists, although his passing ratio was pretty poor for a playmaker. Kiril Pavlov did decent up-front, 8 goals and 3 assists for the Russian. Mykhaylo Shpak had an unbelievable season, 5 assists and 24 goals in 37 games - he will be important next year if we are to be promoted.

So yeah, I'll be staying for at least another year hoping to get promoted. One big annoyance is the 3 foreigners rule which means I can't just sign a **** load of cheapish South Americans and dominant things that way

History
    Code:
    Season     Club                   League                  Position     Achievements
    2009/10    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           9th        Joined in July   
    2010/11    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           11th       Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
    2011/12    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         19th       Joined in June 
    2012/13    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         9th        None
    2013/14    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         5th        Promoted via play-off
    2014/15    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square Premier       1st        Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
    2015/16    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div S      8th        Joined in November
    2016/17    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div C      1st        Champions, Promoted via play-off, resigned in June
    2017/18    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Joined in November
    2018/19    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Sacked in January
    2019/20    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          10th       Joined in May
    2020/21    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          3rd        Lost in play-off semi final
    2021/22    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
    2022/23    East Fife              Scottish 2nd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
    2023/24    East Fife              Scottish 1st Div          5th        Resigned in June
    2024       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       7th        Joined in July
    2025       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       4th        None
    2026       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       1st        Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October
    2026/27    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        8th        Joined in October
    2027/28    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        1st        Promoted as Champions, Serie C2 Super Cup winner, Resigned in June
    2028/29    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            8th        Lost in 3rd round of play-off 
    2029/30    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            4th        Lost in 2nd round of play-off
    2030/31    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            6th        Promoted via play-offs
    2031/32    HFC Haarlem            Eredivisie                11th       Resigned in July
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2032       Irtysh Omsk            Russian 1st Div           15th       Joined in July
    2033       Irtysh Omsk            Russian 1st Div            7th       None

Trophy Cabinet
    Code:
    Bradford Park Avenue 
    - Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
    - Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
    - Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
    - Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag 
    - Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

Gallipoli Calcio
    - Italian Serie C2/C x1 - 2027/28
    - Italian Serie C2 Super Cup x1 - 2027/28

First Team Squad Member

Pretty nice budget for the season!

Reserves

Great war chest, should build quite a team.

Amateur

So yeah, I'll be staying for at least another year hoping to get promoted. One big annoyance is the 3 foreigners rule which means I can't just sign a **** load of cheapish South Americans and dominant things that way
    I'm quite sure that similar rules are in top division. Something like 5 or 6 foreigners in match squad.

**** me, that is some budget.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by nie jem frytek View Post
    I'm quite sure that similar rules are in top division. Something like 5 or 6 foreigners in match squad.
    yeah I think I read something stating the foreigner rules as a major reason as to why Anzhi would struggle to dominant Russia/Europe irl when they first got their sugar-daddy owner.

@SRL/Delta - It certainly is! I'm hoping to spend around 1/4 of that, saving the rest for the Premier Division itself.

First Team Squad Member

Not been the best start to the season despite the money spent...

Pretty worrying times

Youth Team

Uh oh.... hoping for a change of form!

Reserves

Oh dear, so much for a brave new dawn, unless you turn it around sharpish.

Oh dear .

First Team Squad Member

A pretty strong run of form sees us improve our position dramatically, still outsiders for promotion but I have gone from very insecure to just insecure so that's one positive.

Reserves

Just 'insecure'? That's alright then.

Youth Team

Looks like the change of form was right on time!

International Squad

Nice bit of progress and a fair budget increase.

First Team Squad Member

We've been okay but the teams above us have been more than okay, we're 3 points behind 2nd and they have 2 games in hand...not looking great!

Thinks are looking much better than after 10 games but the pressure on your side must be immense now.

Amateur

There are any J options for move on available at the moment?
    Last edited by nie jem frytek; 01-08-2012 at 23:49.

Youth Team

Your progression in this part of the season has been great. If you can hold this throughout an entire season, you should be able to break those higher clubs.

Third Team

Good Work there Paul, just outside that top grouping, keep up the pressure and make the board happy again.
    The money clearly didn't help to settle the club, good work getting the team blended and keeping your job, are you looking for "J" Jobs now?

First Team Squad Member

Yeah so a poor 8 points from 6 games has seen promotion all but gone from our hands, it is still technically possible but is extremely unlikely. Hopefully the board give me another chance and don't sack me!

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Thinks are looking much better than after 10 games but the pressure on your side must be immense now.
    Yeah they bottled it at the end, it was Spurs-esque!

Quote Originally Posted by nie jem frytek View Post
    There are any J options for move on available at the moment?
    Nope. All at least stable

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Your progression in this part of the season has been great. If you can hold this throughout an entire season, you should be able to break those higher clubs.
    Unfortunately doesn't look like that will happen despite the decent comeback we had!

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    Good Work there Paul, just outside that top grouping, keep up the pressure and make the board happy again.
    The money clearly didn't help to settle the club, good work getting the team blended and keeping your job, are you looking for "J" Jobs now?
    Bringing in as many players as I did probably did more harm than good at the start of the season, there were quite a few complaints of poor harmony throughout the season so far, I am guessing that is part of the reason we played poorly. I am looking for 'J' jobs, there just isn't any out there!

Third Team

Bringing in as many players as I did probably did more harm than good at the start of the season, there were quite a few complaints of poor harmony throughout the season so far, I am guessing that is part of the reason we played poorly. I am looking for 'J' jobs, there just isn't any out there!
    This is probably one reason why I am always afraid of getting a tycoon takeover as they expect everything, but it can be very disruptive changing the starting line-up all at once as well. Hopefully you keep your job and can turn it around in the new season.

First Team Squad Member

Yeah it's been pretty disruptive, the annoying thing is at this stage last season I only had 2 less points! I've spent ú2M+ for 2 extra points ffs

Third Team

ú1M per point? I am not sure that the owner will go for that...

Yeah its going to be squeeky bum time to see if you keep your job.

Reserves

Yeah it's been pretty disruptive, the annoying thing is at this stage last season I only had 2 less points! I've spent ú2M+ for 2 extra points ffs
    Not great value.

First Team Squad Member

Ended up with 4 points more than last season, same position though. I'm currently back to very insecure, but should be safe for now as we don't have anymore matches until next season, my contract still has 2 years left as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast