Is there any point having players tutor other players?

There was a bug like this in 12.0that was fixed for 12.1: "- When tutoring when asked to change a player’s personality is used the competition news item no longer states little was gained."

I haven't seen the problem since then.

What, exactly, is happening with your tutors?

I would say out of 10 efforts here, 5 get turned down by the youngster, 4 youngsters finish up learning now't & maybe 1 gets something out of the process.

Law of diminishing returns operates here.

Too much down-side, not enough up-side; I don't bother with this feature any more.

OK, I just did a quick holiday save. I set up nine tutoring relationships at the outset. I received no outright rejections, though one young player required convincing.

The results were as follows:

2 ended prematurely due to a clash of personality (no attribute/personality change, -50 to the players' relationship)

1 ended with the young player gaining nothing (no attribute/personality change, -4 to the players' relationship)

3 ended with young players slightly disappointed but gaining insight into the mental aspect of the game (minor attribute/personality change, no change to players' relationship)

3 ended with the young players delighted (major attribute/personality change, +100 to the players' relationship)

So according to this statistically insignificant sample, assuming you can convince a player to be tutored, it looks like you have a 1/3 shot of getting each type of result (failure, minor success, major success), so you have about a 2/3 shot of getting some kind of positive result. That seems about right to me.

OK, I just did a quick holiday save. I set up nine tutoring relationships at the outset. I received no outright rejections, though one young player required convincing.

The results were as follows:

2 ended prematurely due to a clash of personality (no attribute/personality change, -50 to the players' relationship)

1 ended with the young player gaining nothing (no attribute/personality change, -4 to the players' relationship)

3 ended with young players slightly disappointed but gaining insight into the mental aspect of the game (minor attribute/personality change, no change to players' relationship)

3 ended with the young players delighted (major attribute/personality change, +100 to the players' relationship)

So according to this statistically insignificant sample, assuming you can convince a player to be tutored, it looks like you have a 1/3 shot of getting each type of result (failure, minor success, major success), so you have about a 2/3 shot of getting some kind of positive result. That seems about right to me.

I don't agree that this is insignificant at all, that's a big help mate and gives us a better understanding and insight in what to expect.... Thanks for your time in posting this

I don't agree that this is insignificant at all, that's a big help mate and gives us a better understanding and insight in what to expect.... Thanks for your time in posting this

I agree, thanks for your time and effort on looking into this.

For players refusing to tutor/be tutored where you have to try and convince them, either I've been on an incredible lucky streak or it improves with reputation. At the start of my save with sunday league rep, pretty much every other attempt at tutoring either the tutor or tutee would need some convincing if they worked together at all, but 8 years in and with a world class rep now, I've been having 7+ tutors for the last two years and I have not needed to try and convince anybody at all. As far as I'm aware none of my players have world class rep yet, so maybe its reputation in relation to the players. Anybody else notice something like this or just a coincidence?

Archived