iPhone Loans

So David Goodwillie is available for loan. So as Blackpool in the Championship I offer to pay his entire £10,000 a week contract and take him on loan.

This is turned down which is fine BUT

Huddersfield in League One offer to pay 50% of his wages and this IS ACCEPTED.

SURELY they would want him to play at a higher level and have his wages paid?

Very UNREALISTIC :(

• SI Staff

I'll take a look - do bear in mind that first team experience is the main thing most clubs are after with loans unless they're in financial trouble ... ie. they want the player to improve more than they want to recoup wages.

Same thing happened witn me and Burnley in a seperate thread I made, Had chelsea turn down a loan offer for a goalkeeper while i was in championship, offered 50% wages (8k) as thats all i could afford, it was declined, week later Bradford in League 2 get him for 100% wage contributuion...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This was annoying me again.

I made an offer for Goodwillie it was rejected he went to Colchester

Same for Scott Allan he went to fleet wood instead

And same for Jon Flannagan and he went to Bournemouth

I started 3 new games as Colchester, Fleetwood and Bornemouth and made the exact same offers and they had accepted in my original game. All 3 where rejected and they joined other lower teams.

So what ever team you are your loan bid will be rejected!

I see this as a MAJOR bug which ruins the game a bit. Especially when playing in the lower leagues.

When I was at dorchester in the championship a couple season back I made a loan offer for messi as a joke, but suddenly there was things like:

Leicester City have made an offer to loan Lionel Messi until the end of the season.

And everyone started bidding for messi :p

• SI Staff
I'm guessing it would be FM13 for a fix rather than an FM12 update.......?

Can't really give any potential timescale as the transfer system is complex, messing around with it can sometimes cause more problems than it solves so any changes will require a lot of QA...

• SI Staff
I would like to add, it seems when you pay money towards a players wages, if his contract increases while he is at your club then your contribution will also increase. This can be crippling for a small club.

This is a known issue which has been raised internally. I agree it's very annoying, and does make a big difference when playing as a small club. However, as Alari said before - the transfer system is a complex beast, and so probably won't be an easy fix.

Thanks for bringing it up. :thup:

Archived