danger_mouse's Journeyman Career!

danger_mouse

My Aim is to just play the game by LLM rules and see where the game takes me. I wont be setting any goals due to the fact i feel ill follow them rather than enjoying the reality of the game.

Leagues Loaded:

Game__JourymanCareer_GameStatus.png

I will be adding more leagues as and when i want to.

The Start:

I have started Unemployed with Sunday League Rep. I went on holiday until i was offered a job.

bufc.gif?w=584

Boston United FC when i took was were sitting 14th but are predicted 2nd place. I have a wage budget of £3,000 p/w, and my current wage bill is £3,500 p/w, with £0 transfer funds.

BostonUnitedSquad_Players.png

We have a decent size squad but are missing some important players. But i am finding it hard to find players to come in on a very tight budget, and with no teams interested in my deadwood.

October 2011

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures.png

A good start my 1st month in charge, although i can see why the club is doing so poor with the lack of morale. And a disapointing end to a short cup run.

November 2011

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures2.png

Against Vauxhall and Worcester we were very poor, and didnt look like creating any chances nevermind scoring a goal.

Altrincham, we played alot better and there were signs of a turnaroud, Altrincham were in the playoffs at the time.

Workingham, again we played very well and totally out played them, and had a good croud at the game/

FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Rnd, Harrogate Railway, a must win game and we won, more importantly Warren McBean scoring a Hattrick, thats 5 in the last 2.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages.png

Haha is this a popular destination with around here?

Enough for a tea party. I think it must be one of those jobs vacant at the beginning of the game, just like we've had a few people at the same Norwegian and Turkish clubs.

January 2012

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Gainsborough, I wasn't expecting alot given our recent run, and the team didn't let me down.

We were lucky against Harrogate, a last minute from Newsham gave us a much needed 3 points.

On to the FA Trophy 2nd Rnd, again we were lucky and got a late equaliser, and the Replay isnt worth talking about.

Histon and Blyth, both games we were under dogs for, but we out played them both for another 6 points.

I was expecting us to ride our luck against FC Halifax, but it wasn't to be.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages-2.png

February 2012

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

Nuneaton and Hyde, Again we out played them both and to score sheets tell the story, 2 solid victories.

A tough game again Eastwood, but only a late consolation goal for Newsham.

Now to end the month with Gloucester, a team we should be beating but we were given a lifeline by Neil Mustoe in form of an Own Goal.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages-3.png

March 2012

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures4.png

So, Bishop's Stortford and Stalybridge, two good results for us an impressive 3-1 win.

Didn't expect us to do much against Solihull Moors, Though another good attendance.

Altrincham we really should have won the match, some players just were not up for it.

And Vauxhall, as much as expected a good win for us.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages3.png

April/End Of Season Report 2012

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-22.png

Well, not the way I wanted to end my 1st season, W1, D2, L2. I feel we should have beat Workington and Hinckley but one positive was the 2,127 fans (or kids for a quid) that turned up for our last home game of the season.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages-22.png

Table Graph'>http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/danger_mouse1986/JourneymanBoston11 12/BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_PastPositions.png"]Table Graph

Transfers

Finances

Pre Season Update 2012/2013

bufc.gif?w=584

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures.png

A mixed start to this season saw us win at home to Bristol Rovers, our parent club, but a poor loss to Stafford. FC United have been promoted to thats another tough opponent this year. The board have increased my wage budget despite us being over budget for most of last season and now being in debt.

BostonUtdTransfers_History.png

Alot of older players on high wages have left the club since the end of the season to reduce the wage bill, and i feel i have replaced them all with better players, but only time will tell.

Dean Bouzanis: The ex Liverpool player joined after his contract expired and has taken over the No.1 shirt from verteran Paul Bastock.

Nathan Fox: Released from Notts County and will mainly be used as a back-up LB.

Joe Swindell: Released from Nottm Forest, Joe looks like he has the ability to step in from the bench and make the difference when needed. Joe is also on a youth contract.

Willie Nicol: Another young forward signed for a free, Willie will start the season in the youth team to develop.

David Fernandez: An experienced 36 y/o AMC who has been playing in the SPL for the last 9 years. May have to be re-trained to MC to fit into the team.

Gareth Williams: I tryed to sign Gareth when i took over at Boston but he rejected me to join another club, he was the released and i couldn't say no to him.

Arthur Motaung: The young South African DC has joined on loan for the season, but seem injury prone having already had 2 injuries.

Ben Davisson: Another youngster joined on a free from Charlton, he will be may 1st choice LM.

Toby Dipper and Greg Rutherford: 2 more young back-up players signed after a trial day.

August 2012

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures2.png

Gainsborough, Start of the season i didn't know what to expect, last seasons top scored McBean scored his 1st hattrick for the club and got injuried for a month.

Nuneaton, A tough game but Pablo Counago stepped up and socred the winner late in the 2nd half.

Solihull Moors, Disappointed with this match after 2 good games, didnt really look like scoring.

FC Halifax, again not the best performance but we scrapped through.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages.png

September 2012

bufc.gif?w=584

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Workington, A good game with Counago netting a brace and a big attendance.

Tamworth, Average performance, but another 3 points on the board.

Chester, We were both level after 80mins, but we edged out 3-1 winners with 2 late goals.

Alfreton, The only loss of the month and it was avoidable.

Lowestoft, A great win, Lowestoft were 2nd at this time so it was nice to get an early victory.

Altrincham, A Bore draw, but not a loss.

Cambridge C, A win in the cup, lets see who we get next round.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages-2.png

bufc.gif?w=584

October 2012

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures3.png

Guiseley, A fantastic, well dominated win, and 2 goals for our young DC Darcy.

Bury Town, So after being 1-0 until late in the 2nd half we then just collapsed.

FC United, Im glad we beat FC United, i think they are 1 of the stronger teams in the league.

Corby, A very late penality saved use from another defeat.

Bury Town, Twice in 1 month, and we still couldnt beat them, Im starting to think Bury are my bogey team.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages2.png

bufc.gif?w=584

November 2012

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures4.png

Eastwood, No win but not a loss either, a fantastic 20 yard screamer from Wilkinson in the dying minutes of the match.

Harrogate, Well we smashed them, And another goal for youth player Willie Nicol.

Blyth, Center back Darcy scored a great goal from just inside the box but a 2nd half goal from Blyth sank our 3 points.

Barrow, A solid 1-0 away win against Barrow.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages3.png

So were still top just before the half way mark of the season, and were slowly creeping away from the bunch, but we really need to turn these draws into a win or 2. On another note, were drawn Bury Town in the cup AGAIN!! Not looking forward to it.

bufc.gif?w=584

December 2012

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures5.png

Lowestoft, A nice win in the cup and we've qualified for the FA Trophy 1st Round.

Hyde, Well we were 3-0 up at half time, for them to pull it back to 3-3 in the 2nd half, but a couple of last minute goals sorted us out.

Bury Town, Well our 3rd time against Bury and we havn't won once, i didnt expect anything from it and i was right, another loss, Bury are now my most hated team in the league.

Southport, And poor match, Southport were bottom and we should of taught them a lesson, but it was quite the opposite.

Stalybridge, A much needed win to keep us ahead of the pack.

Gainsborough, Again we should have won this but our forwards are miss firing of late.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages4.png

So even after afew bad results we are still 8 points clear of the chasing teams. But we do have afew injuries now, so i will be looking at strengthening afew positions in January.

bufc.gif?w=584

January 2013

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-22.png

Sorry about the screenie i took the wrong one.

Nuneaton, Poor game, didn't look like scoring.

Solihull Moors, Again didnt look like scoring but we still havn't lost this month.

Workington, This time we did score but we also looked weak at the back, should have claimed all 3 points.

Tamworth, Much better game but the score line could have been more, all in all a good unbeaten month.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages4-1.png

Still top and still 8 points clear, need to turn the draws into wins though.

Transfers:

BostonUtdTransfers_History2.png

Just 4 brought in, 3 defenders and 1 winger, with Kozluk and Chilvers we have alot of experiance which should carry us to the title, Bryne is rated at having the potential to become a League 2 quality right back, and Gittings has come in to cover Davisson's 2 month injury on the left wing.

bufc.gif?w=584

February 2013

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures6.png

Again took the wrong screenshot.

Chester, 2-1 win, a good start to the month.

FC Halifax, A solid away performance against a team pushing for promotion.

Alfreton, Again another win, but nothing flattering.

Lowestoft, This on the other hand was flattering, great win against a strong Lowestoft.

Altrincham, A home draw, slightly disappionted win didn't take all 3 points but another seemless month.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages5.png

Again still 8 points clear as the season draws to an end, let hope we can keep a nice healthy distance between us and the rest of the pack.

TomBarrettNews_Inbox2.png

TomBarrettNews_Inbox-4.png

TomBarrettNews_Inbox-3.png

TomBarrettNews_Inbox-5.png

So, being linked with the Mansfield job in my opinion is realistic, Mansfield isn't to far from Boston and i would class them as local rivals.

Onto the West Ham job, way to unrealistic, i would never be in the running for it and if it did come alone, i would turn it down.

Bouzanis has a good point, my contract is due to expire at the end of this season and i have not been offered a new one, last season they offered me a contract on the 8th of May, i can understand why it was left so late, but this season it looks like were going to win promotion and still i havn't been offered a contract. Im not to sure how long im going to wait for 1 before i make my mind up whether or not to stay at Boston, which it sad because i would like to stay but im not begging for a contract.

Its always nice to know im wanted somewhere. Stirling were bottom of League two when this offer was made, and i wasn't interested at all.

bufc.gif?w=584

March 2013

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures11.png

Guiseley, Another draw and a lucky one at that, were getting good at last minute goals...Just call us Man Utd.

Corby, Very poor, Corby are fighting relagation so we kind of messed up this one.

FC United, With FC United chasing us this was a must win, and we did win. A very good goal from Williams set us off nicely. And a season high att.

Bury Town, Again a must win with Bury sitting 2nd at the start of this match, and weve finally done it :D weve beaten Bury Town. Feels like weve won the league already.

Eastwood, Slightly upset about this result, after 2 very good wins we slipped up again here.

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages6.png

So still going strong, now 7 points clear but i think it will be enough to win us the league.

Nice being linked with jobs. Good luck for the rest of the season.
You seem to be enjoying life down in Boston!

Cheers guys :thup:

And i am enjoying life in Boston at the moment but im still yet to recieve a new contract offer, im in 2 minds whether or not to tell the chairman where to stick his contract for making me wait, weve been top of the league since before christmas now, if that doesn't deserve 1 i dont know what does.

bufc.gif?w=584

April & May / End of Season 2013

BostonUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

Harrogate, A good start to the month, and a solid 2-0 win.

Blyth, Great game for Counago scoring 4 goals, but poor defensive display.

Barrow, Again good going forward but sloppy at the back.

Southport, We got our own back on Southport, they beat us away earlier in the season.

Hyde, A 1-0 win was good enough in my eyes.

Stalybridge, A win is a win, its 3 points, and it also means weve done it...weve won the league :D

BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages-23.png

So there it is, Boston United have won the BSN, heres just afew things to look over.

League Graph

Transfers

Finances

Key Players:

GK:

Dean Bouzanis: What a guy to have between the posts, as soon as my scouts found him last season i knew he would take us to glory, so i decided not to renew last seasons gk and sign this guy, and i was right to.

DC:

Kiran Darcy: Signed Darcy last season as a back-up for this season, he stepped up and slotted in due to an injury and made himselfs the 1st defender on the team sheet every single game, stats dont do this guy justice, there is no corner cheat or anything being used at all, Darcy just likes scoring.

MC:

David Fernandez:My veteran midfielder, brought to the club as first choice but played more of a rotation due to injuries and fitness, but he was instrumental to getting vital victories.

ST:

Pablo Counage: Most will remember Pablo from his days at Ispwich, now banging them in at Boston, 26 league goals and top league scorer. Could not have done it without him.

You must have a nose bleed being top all time nearly. Well done on being Champions :applause:

To be honest i didn't realise we were top for so long, it always seemed like we had a battle on our hands and it was always a fight to stay where we were, kind of makes it feel like it was a much earned promotion.

Archived