Challenges?

There are various challenges set up by forum members for FM over in the Challenges, sign ups and experiments forum. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/31-Challenges-Sign-Ups-amp-Experiments

As for in the game itself there are various steam "achievements" which you can unlock by doing certain things in the game and track the progress of by pressing shift+TAB whilst on the game screen.

What do you actually get by doing those challenges. What do u mean steam achievements which can be unlocked. I never knew u could do such a thing. Where did u find out about it.

Steam achievements were introduced in 09 I think it was which coincided with the first time I bought FM as a digital download via Steam. They're really just a cosmetic feature that don't really give you anything apart from a convenient way to keep track of certain landmarks in your managerial cereer, e.g gaining promotion from the bottom to the top tier of a particular nations league structure, x amount of clean sheets in a row, staying at 1 club for 10 seasons etc.

If you are playing fm through Steam and in online mode pressing shift+TAB will bring up a screen overlay were you can check which ones you already have (if any) and which ones you have still to unlock. If one gets unlocked whilst you're playing through Steam in online mode a small square icon should briefly appear at the bottom right of the screen to let you know about it.

What free transfers you will be able to sign will depend on a number of things such as club rep, manager rep and wage structure. Basically if you start as an international footballer many good players will be willing to join you but if your a sunday league footballer it will be much harder attracting players above your station. The Steam achievements has a couple for climbing from the bottom to the top league which is quite fun. Can be done in France, Italy, England, Scotland, Spain and Brazil I think.

I dont know about that, there are so many free transfers how arent even two stars or even good players. Where and how do u find so good free agents for crap teams.

Ignore the star rating in lower leagues, just look for Determination and Pace. There, you're already one step ahead of the entire league. ;)

Sorry im confused. But when i go on the free transfer page there are so many players which crap abilities and a line through their attributes. Also i dont play online just normally so where and how do i find steam achievements. Seems there are new things i dont even know about

You don't need to be playing an online network game to get achievements. You should get a pop up in the bottom right corner of your screen telling you that you have the achievement. You can see all the achievements you have unlocked when you go to launch the game on Steam.

Never had such luck, where do u find out which achievement to unlock. But more importantly does it matter if i never get these achievements, are these important.
No, they don't affect the game at all, they're just something some people like to get.

You find out what achievements you have from Steam when you launch the game, the achievements are listed below the "play" button.

• 1 month later...
As im not bothered about steam achievements, are the challenges in this forum worth doing it, and is their any reward if the challenge is completed.

No, there is no reward for doing any challenges on this forum. They are just for bragging rights and fun.

Oh ok, are there for the best players, as im not as awesome as some of the guys here, so would i struggle because they are CHALLENGES afterall.

Don't have a clue if you would struggle or not. You should go have a look in the Challenges forum and see if there is anything there that looks interesting to you.

Archived