FMH 2013 Suggestions and Requests

Well, it is a bit early. But I think that the earlier SI gets our ideas, the bigger the chances to see them implemented next season. So, my first idea is to add something similar to "shouts" in the Desktop version. We could have some buttons that when pressed could toggle mentality, pressure, tackling without the need of going into the tactics screen.

Other requests:

• A game editor.
  • More save slots - at least 12. Infinite is better.
  • Separate in-game rankings from gamecentre rankings.
  • Simple and advanced player instructions. Keep the role system in the simple one, add individual player instructions in the advanced mode.
  • FIFA and UEFA rankings.
  • Player interaction with loaned in players.
  • Improved International Management experience - More player and media interaction, requests for club managers, convince a player to change nationality, a more special world cup coverage.
  • Variable league reputation.
  • Include average statistics on tackles, headers, interceptions, passing... on player's screen.
  • New unlockables and challenges!

I'll definitely add a bunch more through the year ;)

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very simple ideas here.

1.More leagues(specifically Argentine and Serbian) its a bit strange to be able to manage a national team that doesn't have a base league.

2.an editor is great too

3.allow more filters(expected wages, player status)

4.option to disable match engine completely.

5.challenges available in FMHI

6.choose number of divisions rather than 1 full country plus 3 top divisions. to play(up to a max of 8 at least), (playing England full and 3 others equal 8.)

7.start lower.(eg: include BSBP/BSBN in england, Brazil Third.)the leagues are already there,but seems like the data isn't.

8.able to offer contracts to greyed out players(able to do so in the full FM game)

Will add more when they come to mind.^^

very simple ideas here.

1.More leagues(specifically Argentine and Serbian) its a bit strange to be able to manage a national team that doesn't have a base league.

2.an editor is great too

3.allow more filters(expected wages, player status)

4.option to disable match engine completely.

5.challenges available in FMHI

6.choose number of divisions rather than 1 full country plus 3 top divisions. to play(up to a max of 8 at least), (playing England full and 3 others equal 8.)

7.start lower.(eg: include BSBP/BSBN in england, Brazil Third.)the leagues are already there,but seems like the data isn't.

8.able to offer contracts to greyed out players(able to do so in the full FM game)

Will add more when they come to mind.^^

1. Argentine and Serbian leagues are great too, with Boca Juniors, River Plate, Lanus, Red Star, Partizan, etc. But I think Russia and Ukraine would seem to be more reasonable, both of them in the top 10 of UEFA league coefficient thingy.

7. I think there's already BSBN and BSNS on 2012? Ok I understand most FMHi players are in the UK, hence the addition of Welsh leagues, but I think England has enough lower leagues? BSBN and BSBS include semi-pro teams, and I'd like to see more lower leagues of other countries, e.g. Germany Regionalligas, where many second/reserve/youth teams play.

I would probably most like to see increased abilities/roles for asst. managers and/or scouts.

I am curious: for all the people who would like more leagues, do they want more lower leagues or more top leagues in different countries?

I would probably most like to see increased abilities/roles for asst. managers and/or scouts.

I am curious: for all the people who would like more leagues, do they want more lower leagues or more top leagues in different countries?

I'd like both :) but if I really had to choose, I'd like to see more top leagues in different countries, I think BSN and BSS and the Spanish lower divisions are enough for now.

1. Argentine and Serbian leagues are great too, with Boca Juniors, River Plate, Lanus, Red Star, Partizan, etc. But I think Russia and Ukraine would seem to be more reasonable, both of them in the top 10 of UEFA league coefficient thingy.

7. I think there's already BSBN and BSNS on 2012? Ok I understand most FMHi players are in the UK, hence the addition of Welsh leagues, but I think England has enough lower leagues? BSBN and BSBS include semi-pro teams, and I'd like to see more lower leagues of other countries, e.g. Germany Regionalligas, where many second/reserve/youth teams play.

Blue Square Leagues are more important to be included as there is a larger FMHi fanbase coming from teams in them leagues than German etc. Plus SI were perhaps aiming to gain more sales from the Welsh hence adding the Welsh league.

Next leagues they should implement should be the MLS, Irish, Russian and maybe Turkish.

Wrote this on FMHVibe but thought I may as well post a bit here (only allowed 5 images so I have linked the rest):

gallery_1_1_63216.png

One of the major factors of the international and club game every two years is the African Cup of Nations. Some players go to the Cup in blistering form for their club and as this occurs in the January and February months it means that they potentially miss a few weeks at their clubs and as Manchester City and Newcastle have found out this can have a big affect on morale and general team performance. However FMH doesn’t factor in this competition at all and in the case of the Copa America when not loading Brazil it is the same in which a lot of players were fatigued after returning to their club later than expected.

In my opinion factoring in a real life occurrence such as this would be more realistic despite it may take up some significant memory. It could be a bit of depth that would enhance the game a lot by making the player think about possibilities that managers in real life have to.

gallery_1_1_39262.png

One of my major problems is that I have to manually go through my players in cups to find out who they’ve done. This may ok if I only have one international player but factor in it being a big club such as Chelsea where 30 players could go every time a World Cup occurs.

What I’d like is a round-up of how my players do and if one of them stood out or was top scorer as every time a major competition comes around players who may be the best in the world could flop and this may affect their club form, however this doesn’t happen in FMH currently and it would be a nice little touch and with a report of how they’ve done and if one has won the tournament it could directly affect my first choice XI and also the player’s morale/fatigue in general as I may be inclined to rest a player for the friendlies if he played in the World Cup final where as I may not know otherwise without spending a considerable amount of time searching.

Simple little enhancements with a news item on this could go a long way as these statistics would be available in the real world and a lot of pressure would ensue on the World Cup golden boot winner for the season following. Also it would help the manager know he is on form and should be picked for the start of the season at least.

gallery_1_1_16752.png

This was mentioned on the SI forums and I have to say I loved this idea so much I decided to include it. The feature itself is fairly basic but something that would be amazing. The ability to send a few scouts to a major international competition in order to find hidden gems or top performers whether this is on a general level, age range or position search is something that is current in the real world and to do this on FMH would make the tournaments more interactive than they are at present.

Using a major tournament as a scouting platform often inspires moves so why should FMH be any different? I reckon it shouldn’t and this feature is one that has to go in for anyone that wants to take their transfer policy to the most realistic method but it also could be used as it is in real life to watch the progress of a player you may want to sign but have doubt about due to him being based in a small nation.

gallery_1_1_10268.png

A major annoyance is that the news feed is often full during an international break just to tell you who got called up or played. One simple message as follows could be used for international call ups:

“The following players have been called up for international duty for the 30/01/2012-01/02/2012:

England – Frank Lampard, John Terry, Ashley Cole

France – Florent Malouda

Ivory Coast – Didier Drogba

…”

A similar message could be used after the matches have been played listing who’s played, who’s scored and who’s captain like currently but adding to this good performances’, players’ first caps and landmarks (such as scoring 100 goals for their international side) would bring more depth to the game while not really adding anything but in fact taking things away (lots of news items).

Again it is a few simple changes, but they will add to the overall feel to the game and stop it being too predictable or boring in this aspect as I for one often don’t read the international news items anymore.

Read it all here

More leagues would be great. I'd love the Argentine, MLS, Russian and even the Japanese league. I know licensing can be an issue here though.

I've requested this many times but I would love more player and board interaction. I want to be able to fine and praise my players for specific reasons i.e. player gets sent off in an important game and I want to vent my anger at him for that reason. I would also love to issue ultimatums to the board. I really miss that feature.

More leagues would be great. I'd love the Argentine, MLS, Russian and even the Japanese league. I know licensing can be an issue here though.

I've requested this many times but I would love more player and board interaction. I want to be able to fine and praise my players for specific reasons i.e. player gets sent off in an important game and I want to vent my anger at him for that reason. I would also love to issue ultimatums to the board. I really miss that feature.

Indeed, the J-League sounds fun. I'd like to see more leagues from either North/South America or Asia/Oceania.

New leagues are fine, but I want to see some flavour to what is otherwise simply a different database. You can do this through graphics and also different types of news report and media interaction. Managing in Italy for example should be an intense media examination of every game. I'd like to see far more media interaction with both newspaper reports at the end of games and favourite/antagonistic reporting. I also want to see interaction with other managers. Currently there isn't any.

For example, in a recent game my Lincoln team went to Man City and beat them 4-2 in an end to end thriller. As they are one of our main competitors I was expecting jubliation from the players, a pat of the back from the board, an angry reaction from their manager, some gloating from our fans. Instead there was nothing. Not one message about anything. It was a massive victory, but you just wouldn't know. This is what i want in the game and it's not like it's even hard to implement.

New leagues are fine, but I want to see some flavour to what is otherwise simply a different database. You can do this through graphics and also different types of news report and media interaction. Managing in Italy for example should be an intense media examination of every game. I'd like to see far more media interaction with both newspaper reports at the end of games and favourite/antagonistic reporting. I also want to see interaction with other managers. Currently there isn't any.

For example, in a recent game my Lincoln team went to Man City and beat them 4-2 in an end to end thriller. As they are one of our main competitors I was expecting jubliation from the players, a pat of the back from the board, an angry reaction from their manager, some gloating from our fans. Instead there was nothing. Not one message about anything. It was a massive victory, but you just wouldn't know. This is what i want in the game and it's not like it's even hard to implement.

I have to agree with this 100%. Although I would like to see more leagues from around the world, I would prefer to see more interaction from the media, board and players. It would give the game so much more depth. I'd also like to see more interaction from the media, players and board when it comes to derby games and cup finals.

haven't had time to read all the above suggestions but mine are ...

- more saves have been mentioned - hope this is not just limited to save games, but saved custom tactics and saved custom player searches as well

- ability to search for more than one single position e.g. Def R AND L, or Mid R AND L

- In FMH Spanish Cup games seem to always limit the number of subs to just 5 ... according to a match report taken from Sky it's actually 7 ... same for the Spanish Super Cup

- Ability to negotiate a permanent deal as part of loaning a player

- Media interaction to include rivalries

- Player Interaction needs improving, I should be able to give feedback on a few specifics, eg form, disciplin, bookings / sendings off etc

- Editor (not esential for me but a good idea, maybe as a seperate downloadable app?)

- Ability to enable disable a timeframe window for last day transfer deals, usually offers are made and dont go through

- Ability to either manage the reserve team or automatically have the assitant do it, allowing reserve players to play in reserve games throughout the season.

- Ability to search for specific player attitudes, e.g search for relentless, loyal, sporting etc

The most important thing is to NOT over complicate the game. The handheld version is better than the computer version because it is not a bloated mess. Anything they add to future handheld versions should either speed the game up even further or not add any additional time/button presses. This is why I cringe when people ask for more tactical options. Right now the tactics are simple and easy, as it should be. They added the ability to move players around, and with the player tactical roles, that is enough imo. If anything they could add another player tactical role or two, but anything else like special instructions etc will be a mess that ruins what is supposed to be quick, simple, fun.

My suggestions...

1. Improved international news. We dont need MORE info for international call-ups etc, as a club manager. You can have a team that has 10+ internationals, meaning you have to button press ten times to cycle through the news. All call-ups should be done on ONE news item.

2. Improved transfers. You should not have to pay double the value for every player you sign, and have the vast majority of your selling opportunities be at even value. I understand the idea of teams not wanting to sell players and basing valuations as such, but virtually all transfers in the game (even interested players) require a bid twice the value and selling largely (not every time) at break even valuations.

Editor would be cool to build dynasty teams, but not that important. Id kinda like a "No Injuries" option, but I figure the inclusion of such a feature would be slim-to-none.

The most important thing is to NOT over complicate the game. The handheld version is better than the computer version because it is not a bloated mess. Anything they add to future handheld versions should either speed the game up even further or not add any additional time/button presses. This is why I cringe when people ask for more tactical options. Right now the tactics are simple and easy, as it should be. They added the ability to move players around, and with the player tactical roles, that is enough imo. If anything they could add another player tactical role or two, but anything else like special instructions etc will be a mess that ruins what is supposed to be quick, simple, fun.

My suggestions...

1. Improved international news. We dont need MORE info for international call-ups etc, as a club manager. You can have a team that has 10+ internationals, meaning you have to button press ten times to cycle through the news. All call-ups should be done on ONE news item.

2. Improved transfers. You should not have to pay double the value for every player you sign, and have the vast majority of your selling opportunities be at even value. I understand the idea of teams not wanting to sell players and basing valuations as such, but virtually all transfers in the game (even interested players) require a bid twice the value and selling largely (not every time) at break even valuations.

Editor would be cool to build dynasty teams, but not that important. Id kinda like a "No Injuries" option, but I figure the inclusion of such a feature would be slim-to-none.

Somewhat agree to that, but I think there are a few quality players out there that you can get without paying a double of their value. You could enquire the managers for a price. Of course, some isn't always good enough, especially those in England. They often seem overpriced, is that a feature in game? Overpriced players playing in England?

• SI Staff
he most important thing is to NOT over complicate the game. The handheld version is better than the computer version because it is not a bloated mess. Anything they add to future handheld versions should either speed the game up even further or not add any additional time/button presses. This is why I cringe when people ask for more tactical options. Right now the tactics are simple and easy, as it should be. They added the ability to move players around, and with the player tactical roles, that is enough imo. If anything they could add another player tactical role or two, but anything else like special instructions etc will be a mess that ruins what is supposed to be quick, simple, fun.

This is something which simply won't happen while I'm in charge of the project - I'm very passionate about keeping the 'flow' of things as elegant and usable as possible ... I want the game to continue improving and evolving, but without becoming more complicated for users to pick up and play.

(that doesn't mean tactics won't be evolved in the future - if I can work out something like 'roles' which is easy to use but allows more flexibility then I think it would be valid to add it in, but if it makes the game slower or harder to play then its unlikely to happen)

I've always wanted to be able to control the second team more ever since I bought FM10 for the iPhone.. If you ever get 3/4 of your strikers injured you'd want to be able to appoint someone from the second team. Right now I've got all my strikers gone, I need a striker badly and the transfer window just closed.. Would be great to be able to promote someone you haven't previously demoted.

Also this not being in the game yet doesn't make any sense, right now you can not control your academy at all. You need to purchase 16-17 year olds and demote them to the second team etc, you do not have any control whatsoever over who you want to promote from your academy..

Cant see it working, as you would constantly have to wait for your mates to press continue, and if 1 leaves the game or just dosnt log on for a while youd be stuck

Not very different from the PC version. Still, you could implement it via Wi-Fi, so you would know your pal is still playing.

One frustration I'm having is that (for example) I've a crop of young players coming through who are quite promising, but they are all rubbish at headers.

It'd be nice to be able to train that kind of thing specifically (and also to actually make an impact...)

And the transfer market is suffering a similar problem, the only players with headers in green have pace in blue and typically strength in orange...

Playing Man City and regularly in Europe, so it's not a price problem...

• SI Staff
One frustration I'm having is that (for example) I've a crop of young players coming through who are quite promising, but they are all rubbish at headers.

It'd be nice to be able to train that kind of thing specifically (and also to actually make an impact...)

And the transfer market is suffering a similar problem, the only players with headers in green have pace in blue and typically strength in orange...

Playing Man City and regularly in Europe, so it's not a price problem...

Are you talking about regens or young players who are in the database at the start of the game? Cause our statistics show there are actually slightly too many regens that come through with good heading at the moment.

By the way, if you look at the current areas of training, setting some schedules as more intensive than others is likely to influence the way a player's attributes develop.

Are you talking about regens or young players who are in the database at the start of the game? Cause our statistics show there are actually slightly too many regens that come through with good heading at the moment.

By the way, if you look at the current areas of training, setting some schedules as more intensive than others is likely to influence the way a player's attributes develop.

I noticed that as well, in 2017 i picked up a load of young players on a free and they all had amazing heading, (i won the championship by about 20 points by basing my team around it.) Even the players promoted through the academy had green in heading.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I personally would love to see the ability to start your own completion's during off season make a comeback, like in old school Champ Manager. I'd also love to be able to see past tables etc, like where everyone finished 4 or 5 seasons ago.

Just FYI, I'm playing on the iPhone version.

I think I understand how training works in general and I've had success with some players, but others - and more and more young players seem to be stuck with one low score in the fitness area (either orange strength or stamina) and I'm struggling to find a training combo that works for this. (What seems to happen with all my fitness attempts is that their good score gets better and there's no impact on the bad one...) I don't expect a young player with a score of 7 to get to green, but surely 10 shouldn't be out of reach over a year or two?

Likewise, I can't find a combo that affects heading at all. There's no mention of it in the manual.

Maybe I'm just missing something, but it seems there's an oversight somewhere.

I'd love to be able to see my past records, league finish, how many trophies I won etc. I guess the ability to see a managers past history would be great. Considering the game is called Football MANAGER, there isn't enough info to keep or show our history.

Some way to compare two particular players might be good - or to compare around a particular position?

I don't need to know that young transfer prospect isn't as good as Sanchez (Zanetti regen, I'd guess, D RLC) because Sanchez is going to play on the left and I'm looking at the young player as a right back, so I'd like to know how he compares to my current right back.

Not easy on a phone screen/processor perhaps, but it would help with the flow of the game, I think.

A money cheat

Sometimes it's just fun to pretend you are a Russian multibillionair who buys a local team in the lower division. Billions of dollars will be spend to attract the best players. Of course, this should not affect any serious stats and/or achievements.

Make it an € 0,79 in-app purchase. Then you guys earn some well deserved money. And the people who don't like to cheat, will not buy/use it.

It isn't only £50m. It depends on your club/league. Also once you've unlocked it you can use it in any career even from the start.

Seriously? I did not know that. I unlocked it in FMH 2010. But I didn't know you could use it at the start of a new game.

Other thing: I would like to see achievements like on the Steam version.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I personally would love to see the ability to start your own completion's during off season make a comeback, like in old school Champ Manager. I'd also love to be able to see past tables etc, like where everyone finished 4 or 5 seasons ago.

Haha yeah, I remember that. For some reason, I used to call my pre-season tournaments the Tikka Massala cup.

A money cheat

Make it an € 0,79 in-app purchase. Then you guys earn some well deserved money. And the people who don't like to cheat, will not buy/use it.

Please no in-app purchases. They are the worst thing to happen to mobile/portable gaming in my opinion.

Archived