+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FMH 2013 Suggestions and Requests

Amateur

Default FMH 2013 Suggestions and Requests

Well, it is a bit early. But I think that the earlier SI gets our ideas, the bigger the chances to see them implemented next season. So, my first idea is to add something similar to "shouts" in the Desktop version. We could have some buttons that when pressed could toggle mentality, pressure, tackling without the need of going into the tactics screen.

Other requests:
    • A game editor.
    • More save slots - at least 12. Infinite is better.
    • Separate in-game rankings from gamecentre rankings.
    • Simple and advanced player instructions. Keep the role system in the simple one, add individual player instructions in the advanced mode.
    • FIFA and UEFA rankings.
    • Player interaction with loaned in players.
    • Improved International Management experience - More player and media interaction, requests for club managers, convince a player to change nationality, a more special world cup coverage.
    • Variable league reputation.
    • Include average statistics on tackles, headers, interceptions, passing... on player's screen.
    • New unlockables and challenges!

I'll definitely add a bunch more through the year

Bolton Wanderers Researcher

I'd be amazed if ideas for FM13 weren't already decided upon. Maybe better off looking for options for FM14/15.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

I've a 'template' in mind for FMH 2013 .... however its flexible and I haven't started work on it yet (still working on updates etc.) ... as such ideas are eagerly received and I'm flexible ..

Amateur

Definitely want an editor...

Amateur

very simple ideas here.
    1.More leagues(specifically Argentine and Serbian) its a bit strange to be able to manage a national team that doesn't have a base league.
    2.an editor is great too
    3.allow more filters(expected wages, player status)
    4.option to disable match engine completely.
    5.challenges available in FMHI
    6.choose number of divisions rather than 1 full country plus 3 top divisions. to play(up to a max of 8 at least), (playing England full and 3 others equal 8.)
    7.start lower.(eg: include BSBP/BSBN in england, Brazil Third.)the leagues are already there,but seems like the data isn't.
    8.able to offer contracts to greyed out players(able to do so in the full FM game)

Will add more when they come to mind.^^

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jason_150457 View Post
    very simple ideas here.
    1.More leagues(specifically Argentine and Serbian) its a bit strange to be able to manage a national team that doesn't have a base league.
    2.an editor is great too
    3.allow more filters(expected wages, player status)
    4.option to disable match engine completely.
    5.challenges available in FMHI
    6.choose number of divisions rather than 1 full country plus 3 top divisions. to play(up to a max of 8 at least), (playing England full and 3 others equal 8.)
    7.start lower.(eg: include BSBP/BSBN in england, Brazil Third.)the leagues are already there,but seems like the data isn't.
    8.able to offer contracts to greyed out players(able to do so in the full FM game)

Will add more when they come to mind.^^
    1. Argentine and Serbian leagues are great too, with Boca Juniors, River Plate, Lanus, Red Star, Partizan, etc. But I think Russia and Ukraine would seem to be more reasonable, both of them in the top 10 of UEFA league coefficient thingy.
    7. I think there's already BSBN and BSNS on 2012? Ok I understand most FMHi players are in the UK, hence the addition of Welsh leagues, but I think England has enough lower leagues? BSBN and BSBS include semi-pro teams, and I'd like to see more lower leagues of other countries, e.g. Germany Regionalligas, where many second/reserve/youth teams play.

Amateur

I would probably most like to see increased abilities/roles for asst. managers and/or scouts.

I am curious: for all the people who would like more leagues, do they want more lower leagues or more top leagues in different countries?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rougon View Post
    I would probably most like to see increased abilities/roles for asst. managers and/or scouts.

I am curious: for all the people who would like more leagues, do they want more lower leagues or more top leagues in different countries?
    I'd like both but if I really had to choose, I'd like to see more top leagues in different countries, I think BSN and BSS and the Spanish lower divisions are enough for now.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sol19 View Post
    1. Argentine and Serbian leagues are great too, with Boca Juniors, River Plate, Lanus, Red Star, Partizan, etc. But I think Russia and Ukraine would seem to be more reasonable, both of them in the top 10 of UEFA league coefficient thingy.
    7. I think there's already BSBN and BSNS on 2012? Ok I understand most FMHi players are in the UK, hence the addition of Welsh leagues, but I think England has enough lower leagues? BSBN and BSBS include semi-pro teams, and I'd like to see more lower leagues of other countries, e.g. Germany Regionalligas, where many second/reserve/youth teams play.
    Blue Square Leagues are more important to be included as there is a larger FMHi fanbase coming from teams in them leagues than German etc. Plus SI were perhaps aiming to gain more sales from the Welsh hence adding the Welsh league.

Next leagues they should implement should be the MLS, Irish, Russian and maybe Turkish.

Semi Pro

Wrote this on FMHVibe but thought I may as well post a bit here (only allowed 5 images so I have linked the rest):

One of the major factors of the international and club game every two years is the African Cup of Nations. Some players go to the Cup in blistering form for their club and as this occurs in the January and February months it means that they potentially miss a few weeks at their clubs and as Manchester City and Newcastle have found out this can have a big affect on morale and general team performance. However FMH doesn’t factor in this competition at all and in the case of the Copa America when not loading Brazil it is the same in which a lot of players were fatigued after returning to their club later than expected.

In my opinion factoring in a real life occurrence such as this would be more realistic despite it may take up some significant memory. It could be a bit of depth that would enhance the game a lot by making the player think about possibilities that managers in real life have to.

One of my major problems is that I have to manually go through my players in cups to find out who they’ve done. This may ok if I only have one international player but factor in it being a big club such as Chelsea where 30 players could go every time a World Cup occurs.
    What I’d like is a round-up of how my players do and if one of them stood out or was top scorer as every time a major competition comes around players who may be the best in the world could flop and this may affect their club form, however this doesn’t happen in FMH currently and it would be a nice little touch and with a report of how they’ve done and if one has won the tournament it could directly affect my first choice XI and also the player’s morale/fatigue in general as I may be inclined to rest a player for the friendlies if he played in the World Cup final where as I may not know otherwise without spending a considerable amount of time searching.

Simple little enhancements with a news item on this could go a long way as these statistics would be available in the real world and a lot of pressure would ensue on the World Cup golden boot winner for the season following. Also it would help the manager know he is on form and should be picked for the start of the season at least.

This was mentioned on the SI forums and I have to say I loved this idea so much I decided to include it. The feature itself is fairly basic but something that would be amazing. The ability to send a few scouts to a major international competition in order to find hidden gems or top performers whether this is on a general level, age range or position search is something that is current in the real world and to do this on FMH would make the tournaments more interactive than they are at present.

Using a major tournament as a scouting platform often inspires moves so why should FMH be any different? I reckon it shouldn’t and this feature is one that has to go in for anyone that wants to take their transfer policy to the most realistic method but it also could be used as it is in real life to watch the progress of a player you may want to sign but have doubt about due to him being based in a small nation.

A major annoyance is that the news feed is often full during an international break just to tell you who got called up or played. One simple message as follows could be used for international call ups:

“The following players have been called up for international duty for the 30/01/2012-01/02/2012:
    England – Frank Lampard, John Terry, Ashley Cole
    France – Florent Malouda
    Ivory Coast – Didier Drogba
    …”
    A similar message could be used after the matches have been played listing who’s played, who’s scored and who’s captain like currently but adding to this good performances’, players’ first caps and landmarks (such as scoring 100 goals for their international side) would bring more depth to the game while not really adding anything but in fact taking things away (lots of news items).

Again it is a few simple changes, but they will add to the overall feel to the game and stop it being too predictable or boring in this aspect as I for one often don’t read the international news items anymore.

Read it all here
    http://fmhvibe.co.uk - The original Football Manager Handheld fansite

Amateur

Totally agree w/ Dec's post(s).

More leagues would be great. I'd love the Argentine, MLS, Russian and even the Japanese league. I know licensing can be an issue here though.

I've requested this many times but I would love more player and board interaction. I want to be able to fine and praise my players for specific reasons i.e. player gets sent off in an important game and I want to vent my anger at him for that reason. I would also love to issue ultimatums to the board. I really miss that feature.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lillywhite Dean View Post
    More leagues would be great. I'd love the Argentine, MLS, Russian and even the Japanese league. I know licensing can be an issue here though.

I've requested this many times but I would love more player and board interaction. I want to be able to fine and praise my players for specific reasons i.e. player gets sent off in an important game and I want to vent my anger at him for that reason. I would also love to issue ultimatums to the board. I really miss that feature.
    Indeed, the J-League sounds fun. I'd like to see more leagues from either North/South America or Asia/Oceania.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Sol19 View Post
    Indeed, the J-League sounds fun. I'd like to see more leagues from either North/South America or Asia/Oceania.
    New Zealand? Tonga? Vanuatu? Fiji?

Amateur

New leagues are fine, but I want to see some flavour to what is otherwise simply a different database. You can do this through graphics and also different types of news report and media interaction. Managing in Italy for example should be an intense media examination of every game. I'd like to see far more media interaction with both newspaper reports at the end of games and favourite/antagonistic reporting. I also want to see interaction with other managers. Currently there isn't any.

For example, in a recent game my Lincoln team went to Man City and beat them 4-2 in an end to end thriller. As they are one of our main competitors I was expecting jubliation from the players, a pat of the back from the board, an angry reaction from their manager, some gloating from our fans. Instead there was nothing. Not one message about anything. It was a massive victory, but you just wouldn't know. This is what i want in the game and it's not like it's even hard to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugster View Post
    New leagues are fine, but I want to see some flavour to what is otherwise simply a different database. You can do this through graphics and also different types of news report and media interaction. Managing in Italy for example should be an intense media examination of every game. I'd like to see far more media interaction with both newspaper reports at the end of games and favourite/antagonistic reporting. I also want to see interaction with other managers. Currently there isn't any.

For example, in a recent game my Lincoln team went to Man City and beat them 4-2 in an end to end thriller. As they are one of our main competitors I was expecting jubliation from the players, a pat of the back from the board, an angry reaction from their manager, some gloating from our fans. Instead there was nothing. Not one message about anything. It was a massive victory, but you just wouldn't know. This is what i want in the game and it's not like it's even hard to implement.
    I have to agree with this 100%. Although I would like to see more leagues from around the world, I would prefer to see more interaction from the media, board and players. It would give the game so much more depth. I'd also like to see more interaction from the media, players and board when it comes to derby games and cup finals.

Amateur

Agreed. It would be great to have rivalries play an extra role in mgr/fan/player/board interactions. Maybe another newspaper screen?

Amateur

haven't had time to read all the above suggestions but mine are ...

- more saves have been mentioned - hope this is not just limited to save games, but saved custom tactics and saved custom player searches as well
    - ability to search for more than one single position e.g. Def R AND L, or Mid R AND L
    - In FMH Spanish Cup games seem to always limit the number of subs to just 5 ... according to a match report taken from Sky it's actually 7 ... same for the Spanish Super Cup

Lurker

The two new features I would love to see are being able to offer greyed out players a contract and the feeder club system.

Amateur

- Ability to negotiate a permanent deal as part of loaning a player
    - Media interaction to include rivalries
    - Player Interaction needs improving, I should be able to give feedback on a few specifics, eg form, disciplin, bookings / sendings off etc
    - Editor (not esential for me but a good idea, maybe as a seperate downloadable app?)
    - Ability to enable disable a timeframe window for last day transfer deals, usually offers are made and dont go through
    - Ability to either manage the reserve team or automatically have the assitant do it, allowing reserve players to play in reserve games throughout the season.
    - Ability to search for specific player attitudes, e.g search for relentless, loyal, sporting etc

Amateur

Please please please do something about the regens! The predictability ruins the fun completely.

Amateur

The most important thing is to NOT over complicate the game. The handheld version is better than the computer version because it is not a bloated mess. Anything they add to future handheld versions should either speed the game up even further or not add any additional time/button presses. This is why I cringe when people ask for more tactical options. Right now the tactics are simple and easy, as it should be. They added the ability to move players around, and with the player tactical roles, that is enough imo. If anything they could add another player tactical role or two, but anything else like special instructions etc will be a mess that ruins what is supposed to be quick, simple, fun.

My suggestions...

1. Improved international news. We dont need MORE info for international call-ups etc, as a club manager. You can have a team that has 10+ internationals, meaning you have to button press ten times to cycle through the news. All call-ups should be done on ONE news item.

2. Improved transfers. You should not have to pay double the value for every player you sign, and have the vast majority of your selling opportunities be at even value. I understand the idea of teams not wanting to sell players and basing valuations as such, but virtually all transfers in the game (even interested players) require a bid twice the value and selling largely (not every time) at break even valuations.
    Editor would be cool to build dynasty teams, but not that important. Id kinda like a "No Injuries" option, but I figure the inclusion of such a feature would be slim-to-none.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by WayneRooneysHaircut View Post
    The most important thing is to NOT over complicate the game. The handheld version is better than the computer version because it is not a bloated mess. Anything they add to future handheld versions should either speed the game up even further or not add any additional time/button presses. This is why I cringe when people ask for more tactical options. Right now the tactics are simple and easy, as it should be. They added the ability to move players around, and with the player tactical roles, that is enough imo. If anything they could add another player tactical role or two, but anything else like special instructions etc will be a mess that ruins what is supposed to be quick, simple, fun.

My suggestions...

1. Improved international news. We dont need MORE info for international call-ups etc, as a club manager. You can have a team that has 10+ internationals, meaning you have to button press ten times to cycle through the news. All call-ups should be done on ONE news item.

2. Improved transfers. You should not have to pay double the value for every player you sign, and have the vast majority of your selling opportunities be at even value. I understand the idea of teams not wanting to sell players and basing valuations as such, but virtually all transfers in the game (even interested players) require a bid twice the value and selling largely (not every time) at break even valuations.
    Editor would be cool to build dynasty teams, but not that important. Id kinda like a "No Injuries" option, but I figure the inclusion of such a feature would be slim-to-none.
    Somewhat agree to that, but I think there are a few quality players out there that you can get without paying a double of their value. You could enquire the managers for a price. Of course, some isn't always good enough, especially those in England. They often seem overpriced, is that a feature in game? Overpriced players playing in England?

he most important thing is to NOT over complicate the game. The handheld version is better than the computer version because it is not a bloated mess. Anything they add to future handheld versions should either speed the game up even further or not add any additional time/button presses. This is why I cringe when people ask for more tactical options. Right now the tactics are simple and easy, as it should be. They added the ability to move players around, and with the player tactical roles, that is enough imo. If anything they could add another player tactical role or two, but anything else like special instructions etc will be a mess that ruins what is supposed to be quick, simple, fun.
    This is something which simply won't happen while I'm in charge of the project - I'm very passionate about keeping the 'flow' of things as elegant and usable as possible ... I want the game to continue improving and evolving, but without becoming more complicated for users to pick up and play.

(that doesn't mean tactics won't be evolved in the future - if I can work out something like 'roles' which is easy to use but allows more flexibility then I think it would be valid to add it in, but if it makes the game slower or harder to play then its unlikely to happen)

Amateur

I'd like to see the ability to do do different deals, ie.
    -Making a loan move permanent
    -Buy back clauses
    Also a new intimate way to communicate with managers, like talking about your fondness or hatred for them

Amateur

The ability to player swap is a key one for me

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mrhammerman3000 View Post
    I'd like to see the ability to do do different deals, ie.
    -Making a loan move permanent
    -Buy back clauses
    Also a new intimate way to communicate with managers, like talking about your fondness or hatred for them
    Candlelight dinner with Sir Alex?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rafafloripa View Post
    Candlelight dinner with Sir Alex?
    Avram Grants would be much better company. Think of the jokes!!!

Amateur

I've always wanted to be able to control the second team more ever since I bought FM10 for the iPhone.. If you ever get 3/4 of your strikers injured you'd want to be able to appoint someone from the second team. Right now I've got all my strikers gone, I need a striker badly and the transfer window just closed.. Would be great to be able to promote someone you haven't previously demoted.

Also this not being in the game yet doesn't make any sense, right now you can not control your academy at all. You need to purchase 16-17 year olds and demote them to the second team etc, you do not have any control whatsoever over who you want to promote from your academy..

Semi Pro

Will this game be multiplayer anytime soon? All my mates Play it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by lovenkrands01 View Post
    Will this game be multiplayer anytime soon? All my mates Play it.
    Cant see it working, as you would constantly have to wait for your mates to press continue, and if 1 leaves the game or just dosnt log on for a while youd be stuck

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Chris View Post
    Cant see it working, as you would constantly have to wait for your mates to press continue, and if 1 leaves the game or just dosnt log on for a while youd be stuck
    Not very different from the PC version. Still, you could implement it via Wi-Fi, so you would know your pal is still playing.

The ability to save your managerial profile at any point so that when you begin a new game, you do not have to start from the beginning again with regards to reputation and managerial points.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lillywhite Dean View Post
    The ability to save your managerial profile at any point so that when you begin a new game, you do not have to start from the beginning again with regards to reputation and managerial points.
    Back from the future

Amateur

Default Specific training options?

One frustration I'm having is that (for example) I've a crop of young players coming through who are quite promising, but they are all rubbish at headers.

It'd be nice to be able to train that kind of thing specifically (and also to actually make an impact...)

And the transfer market is suffering a similar problem, the only players with headers in green have pace in blue and typically strength in orange...

Playing Man City and regularly in Europe, so it's not a price problem...

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metatone View Post
    One frustration I'm having is that (for example) I've a crop of young players coming through who are quite promising, but they are all rubbish at headers.

It'd be nice to be able to train that kind of thing specifically (and also to actually make an impact...)

And the transfer market is suffering a similar problem, the only players with headers in green have pace in blue and typically strength in orange...

Playing Man City and regularly in Europe, so it's not a price problem...
    Are you talking about regens or young players who are in the database at the start of the game? Cause our statistics show there are actually slightly too many regens that come through with good heading at the moment.

By the way, if you look at the current areas of training, setting some schedules as more intensive than others is likely to influence the way a player's attributes develop.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    Are you talking about regens or young players who are in the database at the start of the game? Cause our statistics show there are actually slightly too many regens that come through with good heading at the moment.

By the way, if you look at the current areas of training, setting some schedules as more intensive than others is likely to influence the way a player's attributes develop.
    I noticed that as well, in 2017 i picked up a load of young players on a free and they all had amazing heading, (i won the championship by about 20 points by basing my team around it.) Even the players promoted through the academy had green in heading.

Amateur

Loan move with a view to permanent is a must!

Amateur

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I personally would love to see the ability to start your own completion's during off season make a comeback, like in old school Champ Manager. I'd also love to be able to see past tables etc, like where everyone finished 4 or 5 seasons ago.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post

Just FYI, I'm playing on the iPhone version.

I think I understand how training works in general and I've had success with some players, but others - and more and more young players seem to be stuck with one low score in the fitness area (either orange strength or stamina) and I'm struggling to find a training combo that works for this. (What seems to happen with all my fitness attempts is that their good score gets better and there's no impact on the bad one...) I don't expect a young player with a score of 7 to get to green, but surely 10 shouldn't be out of reach over a year or two?

Likewise, I can't find a combo that affects heading at all. There's no mention of it in the manual.

Maybe I'm just missing something, but it seems there's an oversight somewhere.

Amateur

More positively - some kind of feature that helps compare two players - ideally for a particular position.
    Or just something that puts their stats side-by-side...

Amateur

I'd love to be able to see my past records, league finish, how many trophies I won etc. I guess the ability to see a managers past history would be great. Considering the game is called Football MANAGER, there isn't enough info to keep or show our history.

Amateur

Some way to compare two particular players might be good - or to compare around a particular position?
    I don't need to know that young transfer prospect isn't as good as Sanchez (Zanetti regen, I'd guess, D RLC) because Sanchez is going to play on the left and I'm looking at the young player as a right back, so I'd like to know how he compares to my current right back.

Not easy on a phone screen/processor perhaps, but it would help with the flow of the game, I think.

Amateur

A money cheat
    Sometimes it's just fun to pretend you are a Russian multibillionair who buys a local team in the lower division. Billions of dollars will be spend to attract the best players. Of course, this should not affect any serious stats and/or achievements.

Make it an € 0,79 in-app purchase. Then you guys earn some well deserved money. And the people who don't like to cheat, will not buy/use it.

Semi Pro

There is an unlockable called sugar daddy that does this.

Amateur

That's only ~50 million. And you have to wait 3+ seasons.

A want an alternative for the editing save game money cheat.

Semi Pro

It isn't only Ł50m. It depends on your club/league. Also once you've unlocked it you can use it in any career even from the start.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dec9693 View Post
    It isn't only Ł50m. It depends on your club/league. Also once you've unlocked it you can use it in any career even from the start.
    Seriously? I did not know that. I unlocked it in FMH 2010. But I didn't know you could use it at the start of a new game.

Other thing: I would like to see achievements like on the Steam version.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagic107 View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I personally would love to see the ability to start your own completion's during off season make a comeback, like in old school Champ Manager. I'd also love to be able to see past tables etc, like where everyone finished 4 or 5 seasons ago.
    Haha yeah, I remember that. For some reason, I used to call my pre-season tournaments the Tikka Massala cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rano View Post
    A money cheat

Make it an € 0,79 in-app purchase. Then you guys earn some well deserved money. And the people who don't like to cheat, will not buy/use it.
    Please no in-app purchases. They are the worst thing to happen to mobile/portable gaming in my opinion.

Amateur

-The ability to compare between players ( it will be the most helpful tool).

- choose name for save file.

- more than 4 save files.

more will coming after my first season of playing.

And I am with Lillywhite Dean (no in-app purchases).
    Last edited by alnemes; 13-03-2012 at 11:31.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rano View Post
    Seriously? I did not know that. I unlocked it in FMH 2010. But I didn't know you could use it at the start of a new game.

Other thing: I would like to see achievements like on the Steam version.
    did you know you can spam turn it off and on and the money just keeps going up and up

Amateur

Scouting System - It's just kind of annoying because sending a scout to scout means you lose all the previous scouting reports. So the only way to actually build a scouting network is to manually scout everyone. That's just crazy busy work. Either that or remove the limit to the number of players you can scout at a time. That way at least I can mark everyone to be scouted at one time.

Training - The system is ok, but I don't think anyone fully understands it outside of SI. Maybe a better explanation in the game of what trains what would help. Does anyone really understand what the "Motivational" category is? Does it train a players leadership? Does it train nothing and just keep up morale?

Integrate first team & tactics button. If you go to first team, you can't set your player roles and such. The functionality of those two sections are so similar they could easily be integrated into one place.

Rework a players profile. At the very least allow us to change a players training from their profile. It's just kind of a pain to be looking at a player and think "Hey, I need to put him on a fitness schedule" and then have to back out and go to training and then search through a list of players to find that same guy again. If you could change it from their profile, it would be much more user friendly.

Amateur

We should have a notepad like on the pc version...

Amateur

Is there any way of having off the field incidents?

Appreciate you probably couldn't do this with existing players for legal reasons, but when the regens start to come through. Players arrested for fighting on a night out/breaking curfews and drinking before matches - stuff like this

Amateur

Gbr Comparing players

The 2 (very similar) features I would most like to see in future versions would be:

1: The ability to compare a players stats with another players.

2: The ability to compare a players stats with their own past stats. E.g. Check player X's current stats with his own stats from the start of the season/when you bought him/before you changes his training regime etc. This second feature would be especially rewarding when viewing the stats of a player you bought young and have developed over a few years- thats my favorite aspect of these type of games, seeing players develop, it's almost impossible to keep tract of every players stats (would be hundreds of figures to remember), hence this "Comparing feature" would be a nice addition.

I think the 2 above suggestions (essentially the same thing just executed differently) would be possible even with a small handheld screen. You could use something similar to the existing stats screen but have one players stats in red, the other in blue, with the highest of the 2 values in bold for example.

3: one very minor change, but one I think would be simple to alter, is the appearance of the stars when looking at a "Player's potential". There are about 6 stars (or around that) but they overlap each other. It's a small point but I would prefer it if they didn't overlap as it would be easier to count the stars, I think it would make the game look more polished :-)

Keep up the great work. Really enjoying the game. It's really great that the developer/s read and post on this forum!

Amateur

First of all: larger database. More players from countries like Serbia,Czech Rep.,Poland,Slovakia,Argentina etc.

Amateur

I think the ability to be offered a managerial role at a better club is an essential must for this game. Its what being a manager is all about really

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garycrombie View Post
    I think the ability to be offered a managerial role at a better club is an essential must for this game. Its what being a manager is all about really
    This is something that is already in the game, though it might take you a little while to build up your reputation to the extent that bigger clubs get interested in you

Amateur

Not sure if its already been suggested but scouting an international tournament would be nice

Semi Pro

I included it in my write up above, feel free to check it out .

Amateur

Great second post lmao

Banned
    Originally posted by ajw10: I'd be done with AFC if Coq went on loan!

Fantastic idea.

I've said this before but I simply will not buy FMHi until it has these 3 features:

1. The ability to view the cup draws.
    2. No 30 season limit - have an unlimited time on one save.
    3. The ability to manually transfer in the correct team badges for the EPL etc.

I would also like to see iCloud usage for saves (I.e. be able to continue an iPhone save on my iPad).
    Last edited by Sy13; 28-03-2012 at 20:47.

Semi Pro

1. Mistakes
    Mistakes by a referee are part of football now whether we like it or not. Sometimes these shape up a match but other times they're minor such as a dive getting a player a yellow card.

These are in FM but not FMH and form of a referee does affect the game play in this. It works both for and against you as your players can dive and get the opposition sent off, have an offside goal ruled as a goal and much more. However it also works against you to bring balance into the game as goals can be cleared off the line but ruled in or even the reverse in which your goals can be in but ruled not to be.

Should this be in FMH though? I believe so as it is a part of the modern game and will bring realism to the match engine; as long as it isn't weighted in one favour or to extreme in the amount of mistakes that occur. This isn't the end however as after the match you could go to the press after a good/bad game by the referee and slate or praise the referee or choose to decline to answer the questions. These will have an effect as after a so much bad press given to referees by you or in harsh circumstances you may be punished with a touchline ban, in which your options will be locked down during a match for a certain amount of games and the assistant does any changes.

2. Personalities
    Different referee personalities could change your tactics and the emphasis of the game. A little message before the game will tell you what type of referee it is, this could then impact the way your team plays as for example a harsh referee may get his cards out a lot so playing committed tackling wouldn't be a good way to go. Another example could be a referee who doesn't deal with pressure that well so will favour the crowd that gets on his back, so you may want to play defensive away from home and avoid the offside trap.

I personally feel this will bring a new way of thinking to tactics and give the game a bit more depth within the match engine while making it less predictable. It is a pretty simple thing but it can make a big difference and bring an extra dimension into the game.

What do you think?

Amateur

Perhaps in the 'mop-up' update we could be able to view how many appearances were loans and starts? It makes me a bit iffy that my striker Raul Gracia (regen) had 43 appearances and 46 goals 5 assists in one season, but 31 apperances 11 goals 4 assits in the next (where I played him as a substitute for 15 or so matches to close out the game/match fitness/happiness). In the next season, I started him more often and had 11 apearnces, 13 goals and 1 assist with maybe 3 or 4 substitute appearances. I don't think it accurately represents how valuable the player is.

Also Dec9363's posts are really in-depth. Worth a look I reckon.
    Last edited by hyrussk71; 02-04-2012 at 00:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Dec9693 View Post
    Referee's
    Just so everyones aware - referee's will make mistakes in games and will (in rare circumstances) lose control of a game a little and become temperamental/snap a bit (had a highly aggressive match where the referee becomes card happy all of a sudden, thats whats happened).

With regards to personalities these are actually available - but at the moment referee's a all 'bland' because there wasn't the memory to store/display referee statistics over time ... without which I thought it was a little harsh to leave such things invisible until the match begins (ie. you not be able to take this into account when you select your team).

This might change in the future though ... time will tell.

Semi Pro

Intrestomg mate thanks. Mistakes are something not being published much so I feel my changes could improve the game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    Just so everyones aware - referee's will make mistakes in games and will (in rare circumstances) lose control of a game a little and become temperamental/snap a bit (had a highly aggressive match where the referee becomes card happy all of a sudden, thats whats happened).

With regards to personalities these are actually available - but at the moment referee's a all 'bland' because there wasn't the memory to store/display referee statistics over time ... without which I thought it was a little harsh to leave such things invisible until the match begins (ie. you not be able to take this into account when you select your team).

This might change in the future though ... time will tell.
    I'm using Tevez upfront in a Man City save, and he *always* manages to dive and get penalties, or to force red cards.

Amateur

apart from spain and germany, your youth team doesn't play any matches, which is annoying if i have bough lots of young players,
    so a reserve team league for EVERY league is a must

Amateur

Another vote here for being able to compare two players' stats, please.

Although there's prolly enough room on the iPad screen to do this, i guess it would be quite tricky on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Perhaps there could be a side-by-side comparison for the iPad, while on the iPhone/iPod Touch there could be a button to quickly switch back and forth between one player's stats to the other; not ideal for the smaller platforms, but better than nothing?

Amateur

Tmaybe you could fix that stupid thing where players take shots from the halfway line and keepers only just save it. It's very unrealistic.

Amateur

Being able to sort player lists by attributes, like in PSP.

Amateur

your manager reputation/points shouldn't be based on the trophies you win as in one season i won community shield got to the final of the fa cup and league cup, semis of the champions league and 3rd in the prem, yet i only got 90 manager points
    annoying!!!

Amateur

Expanding the player database would totally do it for me. Keep the simplicity in the game and keep it quick. Love the game in this state already though!

Banned
    Originally posted by ajw10: I'd be done with AFC if Coq went on loan!

Aside from my earlier suggestions (viewable cup draws, ability to import your own EPL team logos, no 30 season limit per save), I'd really like to see a bit more realism to freshen it up. For example, transfer deadline day is so exciting in real life as deals go through every hour until midnight and the rumours go overboard etc. In the game it just passes without any fuss - no attempt to inject any excitement or realism at all. Also, if you take a minnows side to the latter stages of the FA cup nothing is said about it whereas in real life there is a big commotion.
    It's the little details like this that would make a big difference to me. Apart from a few new features every year it's essentially the same game from years ago. It doesn't feel like SI are trying anything to spice the game up a bit and make it "feel" like real life without including unnecessary items like agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy13 View Post
    Aside from my earlier suggestions (viewable cup draws, ability to import your own EPL team logos, no 30 season limit per save), I'd really like to see a bit more realism to freshen it up. For example, transfer deadline day is so exciting in real life as deals go through every hour until midnight and the rumours go overboard etc. In the game it just passes without any fuss - no attempt to inject any excitement or realism at all. Also, if you take a minnows side to the latter stages of the FA cup nothing is said about it whereas in real life there is a big commotion.
    It's the little details like this that would make a big difference to me. Apart from a few new features every year it's essentially the same game from years ago. It doesn't feel like SI are trying anything to spice the game up a bit and make it "feel" like real life without including unnecessary items like agents.
    Agreed

How do you effectively use scouts?

There are times where I would like a scout to go out and find me a RB or a LM. As I understand it, you can't actually do this on FMH can you?

Also, when I ask a scout to look for players by region, the results often return unrealistic targets i.e. players who's wage or value far exceeds my budget.

Is it possible to include a 'scout player filter' similar to the filter used in the player search screen? That way I could tell my scout to go out and try find me a LW, who earns no more than Xk per week and is worth no more than X amount.

Amateur

Scouting is something which I think needs some more improvement so there's more depth and precision to the system.

Amateur

Invert scrolling - the fat scrollbar doesn't right when I have to pull it in the opposite direction. Back in the old FMHi's then I could just drag it like I would a normal scrollbar...
    Manager profiles are in the game, so in the hall of fame why must I go to the club page to access the manager stats and not just click on their name?
    Suggestion, I understand that top players are added into the game for realism, and if you're playing ECC and stuff, but players that are ageing and without a club (for instance Cristiano Zanetti) don't make sense loading into the game if you're managing, say, Prestatyn in the WPL. This would allow you to load more players into the database that could be of use to the player.
    Last edited by Ceirdiff; 11-04-2012 at 16:30.

I think this has been mentioned a few times before but the game needs to recognise rivialries. I think morale, board happiness and fans happiness should be greatly affected by the winning or losing to your fiercest rival. I also think there should be some media interaction implemented around this as well.

Amateur

I love that you can loan out all players under a certain age now, although it's not much help when your star player is within that age bracket
    Maybe a slightly more useful feature would be to allow you to loan out all players in the reserves.

Lovin' the new version

Amateur

This may be just me but I'd like the game to be a little harder. I find that once I get a suitable formation I can win everything and that obviously isn't the case in real football. Maybe more shock results and better AI would be the solution but either way, I think some formations are way overpowered

Amateur

There are shock results...like when I beat a Premiership team, managing in the League 2.

Yeah, I agree it needs to be made harder, but I'd prefer have some more tactical control first.

My main suggestion is definitely a bigger player database. I don't know if the leagues you choose at the start affects the players that you can sign within the game but I always see people who play the desktop version saying they found a star player from somewhere and when I go to try to check him out on the handheld then he isn't there. They aren't regens or from that odd a team. A lot of players are cut off from other teams for example if I'm Rangers then teams in Holland or something only has a few players in the teams that you can actually buy and things like that.

Also, option to buy from loans is a good idea and I agree that the game needs to be harder. I go Rangers most of the time and I've won the Champions League with in a couple of seasons and I've ended up with a team with Fabregas, Pato, Higuian and Wilshere in it before

More leagues as well cause I like going more obscure teams in the desktop version like Cluj, Mentalist and APOEL and things like that to see how high I can take them.

Great game though SI, just little things.
    Last edited by AndrewRangers; 15-04-2012 at 12:51.

Star Player

Just got this, seems pretty good, much prefer it to modern FMs and wish I could just play this on the PC.

On thing I would like though is the ability to block transfers in th first window (I don't think this exists)

Amateur

I've read *most* but not all of the replies, so apologies if any of my suggestions are boring repeats

* Rivalries: Seems like it would be a welcome addition and add alot of realism to the general gameplay. Theres nothing better than pulling off a shock result against local rivals!

* Offer to buy clauses in loan contracts: I'd definitely like to see this. It's most annoying when you loan an out of favour / fringe player from another team, only to improve his moral and increase his value, then lose him when he returns to his team (who are now unwilling to sell). I think it would be rare to secure future stars with offer-to-buy clauses but not so much for out of favour players.

* Loading custom formations in-match: I had a strong feeling that you could do this, but either its not there or I have just missed it. It's annoying when I want to shift to a custom defending to custom attacking formation (for example) mid game, but am forced instead to stick to the presets.

* Scouting positions: Would like to choose a particular position for scouts to concentrate on. Nothing worse than when your after a goalie in the next window but scouts keep offing up strikers!

---> As a side point I think sometimes the scouting setup produces players that are wildly unrealistic, either not interested in joining are far out of budget, but this seems like more of a FMH12 bug / quirk than a suggestion for FMH13.

Ant.
    Last edited by aphillips; 20-04-2012 at 00:44. Reason: Buy clauses sounded a little confusing...

Quote Originally Posted by The Rafalution View Post
    On thing I would like though is the ability to block transfers in th first window (I don't think this exists)
    Noted - I'll consider this for the future, would you want 'no transfers' from CPU clubs at all during this period? .... while it'd leave clubs with 'realistic' squads it might seem a bit odd, also would you still expect to be able to sell your players and buy other clubs players? (ie. I'm a tad concerned you could easily cheat using this).

Quote Originally Posted by aphillips View Post
    I've read *most* but not all of the replies, so apologies if any of my suggestions are boring repeats

* Rivalries: Seems like it would be a welcome addition and add alot of realism to the general gameplay. Theres nothing better than pulling off a shock result against local rivals!

* Offer to buy clauses in loan contracts: I'd definitely like to see this. It's most annoying when you loan an out of favour / fringe player from another team, only to improve his moral and increase his value, then lose him when he returns to his team (who are now unwilling to sell). I think it would be rare to secure future stars with offer-to-buy clauses but not so much for out of favour players.

* Loading custom formations in-match: I had a strong feeling that you could do this, but either its not there or I have just missed it. It's annoying when I want to shift to a custom defending to custom attacking formation (for example) mid game, but am forced instead to stick to the presets.

* Scouting positions: Would like to choose a particular position for scouts to concentrate on. Nothing worse than when your after a goalie in the next window but scouts keep offing up strikers!

---> As a side point I think sometimes the scouting setup produces players that are wildly unrealistic, either not interested in joining are far out of budget, but this seems like more of a FMH12 bug / quirk than a suggestion for FMH13.

Ant.
    I think this is a good condensed list of the most popular requests. The only thing I'd add, to which others have also commented on, is to make the game harder.

Amateur

I would like it to be easier to see if a player is jaded or slightly tired. Maybe a "!" symbol?

And how does it work if a player has more than one issue affecting his happiness (e.g. Retiring at the end of the season + jaded?). Would be nice if we were able to see all conditions afflicting a player.

Finally, I would love see the defensive statistics (like tackles and headers) on the squad detailed view "Stats". We can't really judge how good a defensive player has been right now, except by average rating.

Lurker

well i like more interactions with the player

a no season limits unlockable

more events i guess,if a referee did bad in a game,cause media uproar,or support from fans and directives

media,pre game or post game press conferences could be cool

more training and team instruction options,i like my team to play like barcelona does,keep possesion,and attacking a lot,and i feel like short attacking instrucitons dont fill up for that

and set piece training in a way

when you buy players,check the option for the second teams,or reserves...i buy a lot of players in young ages,and if i send them to the second team they get mad :s and was my option to build them there

keep tactics option on second team or reserve,i want to set the playstile the same as my major team,that way,if i promote a player,he does not need to learn how to play in a new system xD

when starting the game,choose the divisions in the tournament,i want to start unemployed in the adelante liga,but i want to get the chance to go to other lowers division in other countries if they offer me a job xD

the scout should give the option to search for a role or more tactical position,a left winger for example

a lot of things from others post are great,like the argentina and serbian tournaments,the argentina tournament is the best tournament of south america imho... or interactions with others managers,yeah tell x manager i hate them for getting my job at x club xD

compare players too

the option to disable the match engine,you know skip the date and give you the result of the game

and more presence in world tournaments,even the option to go and scout and see the stats of a player in a world cup could be so fun

the option follow the progression of a player,get news if he is injured or scored a hat trick

in tactics i like more options without feeling doomed,like using 3 defenders,or even with a lot of offensive midfielders and no true forward xD

wingers,i read somewhere that wingers arent good,and i found they all perform pretty bad.Fix this please! i hat to set the players as inside forwards always in my last game,fix this please! i actually like to use a old schools winger

and a lot more i cant remember now
    i hope they get a few of this thing for the game

PS: english is not my home language,so sorry if i write something wrong xD

Amateur

Yep, I've mentioned this for years - a post match media and fan response (and opposition responses if possible) for every game just like in the PC version would add so much to the game. I'd much rather have this than any more leagues, tactics etc...The only time you get any comment on your team's match performance is during an email item telling you whether you've progressed or not in a cup game and even then it's when it's an unexpected result.

Scouting club and national tournaments would be good if possible as well. I'd also like to see more players in the squads of the top continental club sides.

Amateur

2D match engin modifications:

You know the match is an important part of the game that can give you feel you are the coach of the team when you see your team performance and act depending on that, this will make the game more enjoyable.

So i want to put some ideas hoping they will be useful to bring that feel:

- Make an option to choose how long you want the match to be (for example , 5 min. match or 10 min. match) like football sim games. so, you can see the whole match as long as you like.

- You can make a color for the ball. for example, blue and make it light blue when the ball is closer to the ground and goes darker to represent how high the ball is. ( this will make the feel if it is pass or cross for exampl).

With these two modifications i think there is no need for text commentary anymore.

Thank you for this good game.

Note: Sorry if my english is not clear.

Reserves
    'If that rabbit won't run, get it out of the microwave' - F1 Predictions Champion 2007, 3rd 2006

I'd like to be able to set my starting reputation like in the full game.

This maybe a stupid idea but what about relationships like a player who is single gets a girlfriend and the player has a morale boost and then after a while he could get married and get kids and stuff

and they could also get into arguments and have a huge morale decrease they also may need time out for " personal reasons" feel free to blast just a idea

I've seen a lot of requests from people who would like to see an extended or full 2D match engine in FMH.

Not sure if this is yet technically possible, but even if it is, I think it’s a bad idea.

FMH is supposed to be a lite version of Football Manager. One of the great aspects of FMH is the ‘pick up and play’ feature of the game. You could get through a whole season in one night if you had the time. Extending the match engine would start making FMH a more complex game which would require more of your time. I like the fact that I can whizz through a game in no time at all but still feel I’ve seen enough to make informed decisions that impact that the game and results.

I actually now switch off the 2D match engine.

I also saw someone suggestion the idea of being able to skip a game all together and just see the result. You can already do that by asking your assistant to take over your game. I think skipping the game goes against the whole point of playing it though

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by The Wiganer View Post
    This maybe a stupid idea but what about relationships like a player who is single gets a girlfriend and the player has a morale boost and then after a while he could get married and get kids and stuff

and they could also get into arguments and have a huge morale decrease they also may need time out for " personal reasons" feel free to blast just a idea
    Or players wont start due to family issues?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wiganer View Post
    Loving the way you mention a 'morale boost' when he gets a girlfriend ... but not when he gets married

PS - More seriously this wouldn't be feasible as we're modeling real people and I wouldn't want to upset someone if they found they got a girlfriend in the game and are already married or gay, celibate or whatever ...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by manufan2010 View Post
    Or players wont start due to family issues?
    take a bad idea .. add an even worse one

o)

Amateur

Is there any chance of adding crowd sounds like the old CM games e.g. in the build up to a scoring chance or a miss etc.

Amateur

- Can we remove the appeal process when the person sent off has received 2 booking please
    (Appeals should only be for straight reds I think)

- Please add the extra 2 substitutes for Spanish Cup games .... there are only 5 subs in the current game allowed to be picked when it should be 7 (same as League & Euro competions)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast