Football Manager book - send us your stories!

Hi,

My name's Neil White, I'm the editor at BackPage Press and this summer we will be publishing 'Football Manager Stole My Life', a book celebrating 20 years of glorious obsession.

And we need your help. Part of the book will involve your stories - not about how you won the Champions League with Fleetwood Town (nice one, though) but about how FM has broke out of the screen and into your life.

So far we have heard about:

- A recovering heart surgery patient who smuggled a lap top into the hospital ward, causing a medical emergency when his team scored a late equaliser in a derby match

- A student who tracked down his favourite non-league FM legend on social media to inform him that he was destined for the EPL and international stardom

- An FM 'intervention' when concerned flat-mates held their friend down and broke his disc after a 'lost weekend' on FM

Whatever your story, we'd love to hear it.

Please send your FM stories to footballmanager@backpagepress.co.uk

Read more about the project http://www.backpagepress.co.uk/news/blog/football_manager_stole_my_life/

Thanks again for your stories. So far our favourites include: some borderline stalking of a favourite FM player; how FM turned a career in teaching into a life of hard labour; and a near-miss on the pools after FM predicted a weekend of results in La Liga

Keep them coming to footballmanager@backpagepress.co.uk

Neil

www.backpagepress.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

In the Sun newspaper, Jigsaw, a reporter, stated that his wife told him she was leaving because he played too much Footy manager and did not take any notice of her. He told her she was being unprofessional and he would decide if she went or not.

Hahaha REALLY looking forward to this book. I've kinda fallen out of love with FM since I was in school and me and my mate used to obsess over it, but can still definitely relate to those who take it far more seriously than just a game.

Will have a think to see of I've any stories of my own!

In the Sun newspaper, Jigsaw, a reporter, stated that his wife told him she was leaving because he played too much Footy manager and did not take any notice of her. He told her she was being unprofessional and he would decide if she went or not.

Classic, just laughed out loud in the office (while working at the same time of course)....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

My name's Neil White, I'm the editor at BackPage Press and this summer we will be publishing 'Football Manager Stole My Life', a book celebrating 20 years of glorious obsession.

And we need your help. Part of the book will involve your stories - not about how you won the Champions League with Fleetwood Town (nice one, though) but about how FM has broke out of the screen and into your life.

- A recovering heart surgery patient who smuggled a lap top into the hospital ward, causing a medical emergency when his team scored a late equaliser in a derby match

- A student who tracked down his favourite non-league FM legend on social media to inform him that he was destined for the EPL and international stardom

- An FM 'intervention' when concerned flat-mates held their friend down and broke his disc after a 'lost weekend' on FM

Read more about the project http://www.backpagepress.co.uk/news/blog/football_manager_stole_my_life/

When is this book going to be published and will it be available in Australia

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Will this be sold in Australia

wow, got my copy from Amazon on Saturday, great work guys, however Amazon now say its not released until 10/08 ? Had Amazon jumped the gun in releasing it ?

10/8 was always the scheduled release date as far as I'm aware but a few people, myself included, have had emails from Amazon saying it's been sent and you have gone one better and received yours!!

10/8 was always the scheduled release date as far as I'm aware but a few people, myself included, have had emails from Amazon saying it's been sent and you have gone one better and received yours!!

Hmm, I must just be the unlucky one. My Amazon pre-order still says 'Not yet dispatched' :(

Honestly, is this thing available ANYWHERE? Even Amazon.co.uk is telling you they will take 9 to 14 days to dispatch. I ordered the book last Wednesday on Amazon.de - a market place dealer based in Germany claimed to have it in stock - as of now, it still hasn't even shipped though.

Did anybody get the book "early" from Amazon.co.uk despite the aparent delivery delays of up to 11 days? I'm thinking about canceling my deal. Really, I ordered this last Tuesday when my shop of choice claimed to have it "in stock", got no update whatsoever so far, got no E-Mail reply on any of my questions for this week, nothing. If anybody knows how to get one of these to Germany as quickly as possible, you're welcome. I was hoping to have something to read by this weekend - as I ordered my book on Tuesday the 7th when it was claimed to be "in stock", not an unrealistic thing to look forward to. Meh.

Archived