[FM11]Slavojkia must be a hell of a place!

emgergo

My twenty-something season LLM save is put to rest for some time (dead bored by Scandinavia now), so I started a European challenge anew. Playing by the LLM rules, though this can't be classified as a game of that subforum - using some Central European league expansions. Barring Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia and the Iberian peninsula all continental countries are loaded.

I had a look around the leagues and found one with a good name and nice colours (matching my real-life favourite club) in the Slovakian third tier. So we start from here.

FK SLAVOJ TREBISOV

Slavoj_Trebisov.png

You tell me what to make of that club coat of arms. Looks like some wicked little device and a butcher's knife is good for harvesting both stars and wheat.

We'll start with wheat, get to stars later. I hope it's wheat, not broken arrows.

Club information and facilities.

Trebisov itself is a small town quite near to the Hungarian-Slovakian-Ukrainian triple border, it goes by the nice Hungarian name of Tőketerebes. The town's medieval fort was besieged by about a dozen times by warlords, robbers, Turkish, Habsburg, Hungarians and whoever happened to go there. It was finally destroyed in the late 17th century. Since then there was a cholera uprising, some modest improvements and economical depression since the 1990s, highlighted by the local Roma rioting.

Nice place, innit?

The team's not better, either.

Slavoj Trebisov have no real history to boast of, but the club celebrates its centenary in 2012. The local stadium looks a nice little place.

Main standWith bicycle parkingClub shopWe have a scoreboard! \o/He's the local hero

SEASON 2010–2011

I'm appointed and over wage budget. Even when my highest earner gets the astronomical sum of 50 euros! Finances are somewhat sorted when an offer comes in for my right-back. 8K is taken without a thought. Right-backs are easy to come by, unlike money.

At least while I field a full team, there'll be a right-back in it.

5 free transfers are in, said right-back and an MC with expiring contract left. I have no idea how strong the other teams are, we're tipped 8th in a league of 16. Only one goes up, only one goes down.

NOTABLE PLAYERS

Don't make me laugh. But I have a starting lineup.

[/url]GK - Sudimak

DR - Zembera

DC - Csolle

DC - Sovab

DL - Hoffman

MR - Tomovcik © He's MR, MC, AMR, AMC, AML, ST, assistant manager and most probably the local bartender, too.

He can play in so many positions he's bound to be useless in all of 'em.

DMC - Capko

MC - Zrubec

ML - Baran

ST - Rusnák

ST - Alusik

+++

SUB1 (ST) - Goga (on loan from Kosice)

SUB2 (MC) - Hanicak (on loan from Presov)

The rest is not worthy a mention. They make up the numbers.

Transfer strategy: No parent team as of yet, will look into a regional one maybe later. Realistically we can might draw players from Northeastern Hungary and Carpathian Ruthenia, so I'll scout those parts apart from Slovakia.

Pre-season went well, but I've long learnt it means absolutely nothing.

Comedy hour: my coach seems to be undermining the ass. man, wanting to remove him from corner kick and penalty kick duties.

He's having none of it :D

Corner 1Corner 2Penalty taking

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D I am playing a Slovak save on FM12 (SMF Senec from the 2cnd tier), it's difficult but fun. Good luck!

Also with your linked photobucket images, could you link to the full size images so it's a bit easier to see? :o

Oh sure, will edit those :). Done.

Starting the season with really good morale thanks to a 4-0-1 pre-season record, 4 wins against better opposition.

A tip for when you're climbing the leagues, the Slovak cup gives Euro qualification so it can be worth going for the cup for the extra income, especially as I found the gap between 1st and 2cnd tier not too large, bar 2 or 3 teams (Bratislava, Trnvara and Ruzmeberok, excuse the terrible spellings but I'm not on FM at the moment haha!)

So onto the autumn season then. I signed a left winger and a centre-back to help out out miserably thin squad.

OK it's not that thin but I have about 15 players who might not even recognise football if they see it.

We were off to a good start - as morale can wildly change, it was important - and played very solid football throughout the autumn. After a five-match unbeaten run we lost our first to Lipany, must to the dismay of our travelling fans. All four of them. :D

The loss was followed by a very good unbeaten run and after a slight loss of form - 2 losses in the league, 1 in the cup - we finished off the half season with three wins in a row, and look like we might even go up. Humenne leads the pack with 41 points, us and Bardejov - who started the season with a seven-game winning streak - are following them on 39 apiece, Ruzina and Spisska Nova Ves are on 34. Luckily Ruzina's start was absolutely awful (0 points in 4 games), otherwise they'd be further up.

LEAGUE TABLE

PLAYERS (at least, the ones who count)

As you can see, Alusik is a key attacking outlet, sitting 3rd on the top scorer list with 12 goals (he scored 4 against Stara Lubovna in a 4-2 win!), half of which were headers. He missed 6 weeks with an ankle injury, which was far from ideal, but we had a fairly good fixture list during that period - and a 15 year old youth striker, Alexander Hlavac scored 5 times during that! (it was a brace and a hat-trick). Defense is quite solid, attacking play could be even better with some more creativity - and my main worry is the short bench, I can rarely sub in players who can make a difference. One or two loans (a winger and an MC/AMC, maybe an AMC/FC) could sort this out.

Home form is brilliant, only one draw in the opening round against Poprad - they got away with it very luckily -, the rest is all wins. Away form is, well, not bad, but any mediocre team can beat us on their day. And we're playing both direct title rivals away in the spring...

The Cup provided the best match of the autumn, as we managed to smash a Corgon Liga (first tier) team, we steamrolled Banská Bystrica 4-2 :eek: Then we went out easily to second-tier Puchov.

Comedy Moment: We managed to lost the Battle of Lipany. The second one after 1434 :D (I know, I know, it's another Lipany)

Finances: OK. Very modest profit.

Spring to-do list:

- convince my ass. man to continue playing (5 goals, 9 assists from him so far!)

- get at least one player who can bring some more attacking punch

- relegate about 5 players to groundsmen, they are not of any use on the pitch...

New winter signing 1: Gavala (ST)

New winter signing 2: Ciz (everything on the left, including carrying water bottles)

Off-season went well, four wins, one draw. We won the first spring match away at Stara Lubovna and went top. That's the good news.

This is the bad news:

Gavala out.

S***.

Alusik out.

Oh, s***. So that's my first-choice striker duo gone. When the crap comes-a-rollin', boy, it rolls good :mad:

So we lost our striker duo in the very first match of the spring, and two matches - two draws - later my starting goalie followed suit and got himself to hospital. Youth keepers were hopeless and even more alarmingly we lost the edge in front of goal, so it was time to sign two free agents my scouts hyped up, just in time to face then league-leaders Humenne for a big clash.

Fedor (GK)

Helcz (ST)

Fedor conceded on a guy called Drogba (Didier's cousin, IRL he's been on trial in Hungary :D), but we turned around the crucial away tie thanks to set piece goals from my centre-backs and a debut goal from Helcz. That pretty much gave the boost that we needed, next five matches were four wins and a draw, no goals conceded and both new signings having stellar matches.

Back to the top, as the rivals messed up.

In the 28th round we faced 5th placed Spisska Nova Ves as our direct rivals, Bardejov and Humenne faced each other. It proved to be the crucial round as we routed our opposition, while they drew. Thanks, guys.

There were two rounds left and we had a four point advantage, but faced Bardejov away, who needed a win to keep their championship and promotion hopes alive. They did just that with a long-distance screamer, breaking our 13-game unbeaten streak. Too tight.

Although our advantage was cut, a win in the last round would have secured the title. You never know with B teams - sometimes it's half the first squad, sometimes it's deadwood and youth -, fortunately Zilina B was bad enough this time and looked disinterested, too. Three goals in the first 30 minutes sorted it out, as all our club-record 535 supporters started celebrating the promotion.

The two travelling Zilina-fans had a bad day, though. One up! \o/

Spring fixtures with scorers

League table

Our position chart

The position chart of Humenne and Bardejov

Comedy hour: the dumbest question of all time, as we won't have a league game in the next 3 months. Finally my answer made it to the press, too :D

The season was far above my expectations, but probably it had to do more with high morale than quality. The closest we get to quality is when we drink quality local beer.

Or when we watch Champions' League on the telly with the squad.

SQUAD

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Name

[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Nat

[/TD]

[TD=width: 141]Position[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Apps[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Gls[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Ast[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Av Rat[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Cur A[/TD]

[TD=width: 86]Pot A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Roman Zembera

[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]D ®[/TD]

[TD]31[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.17[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rastislav Tomovcik[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]M/AM (RC), ST[/TD]

[TD]31[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]7.22[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jaroslav Capko[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]D (LC), DM, M (LC)

[/TD]

[TD]29 (2)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]7.03[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Peter Kovac[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]M (L)[/TD]

[TD]29[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]6

[/TD]

[TD]7.19[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Peter Kitas[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]D ©, DM, M ©[/TD]

[TD]25 (1)[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.29[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jozef Csolle[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]D ©[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.12[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Emil Sudimak[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]23[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.76[/TD]

[TD]* ½[/TD]

[TD]** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Zrubec[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]M ©[/TD]

[TD]22[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]7.18[/TD]

[TD]****[/TD]

[TD]****[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jan Goga[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]21 (7)[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]7.11[/TD]

[TD]** ½[/TD]

[TD]** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Martin Hoffman[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]D (RL)[/TD]

[TD]21 (7)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.95[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Martin Alusik[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]19 (1)[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]7.52[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Zoltan Sovab[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]D ©, DM, M ©[/TD]

[TD]15 (11)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.90[/TD]

[TD]** ½[/TD]

[TD]** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lubomir Rusnak[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]12 (12)[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.85[/TD]

[TD]** ½[/TD]

[TD]** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ondrej Ciz[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]D/WB/M (L)[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.42[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Dominik Hanicak[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]M ©[/TD]

[TD]11 (10)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]6.97[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marian Fedor[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.14[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[TD]*** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marek Helcz[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]8 (1)[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]8.06[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Alexander Hlavac[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]4 (11)[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.09[/TD]

[TD]** (youth)[/TD]

[TD]***[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Baran[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]M/AM (L)[/TD]

[TD]1 (6)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.47[/TD]

[TD]½ (youth)[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Milos Kiss[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]M ®[/TD]

[TD]1 (5)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.00[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[TD]** ½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Martin Fedor[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]D (LC)[/TD]

[TD]1 (1)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.50[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Milan Jurco[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]M ®[/TD]

[TD]0 (8)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.44[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Peter Simko[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]D (RC)[/TD]

[TD]0 (3)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.60[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marcel Gavala[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]0 (1)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.30[/TD]

[TD]****[/TD]

[TD]****[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Peter Sedlak[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[TD]½[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Dedicated to Jpr ;)

By the way, roll of honour for last season in Slovakia and surroundings.

Slovakia: Champions - Nitra, Cup winners - Moldava (no first tier team in the semis!)

Hungary: Champions - Videoton, Cup winners - Vasas

Ukraine: Champions - Dnipro, Cup winners - Chernomorets, Dynamo Kiev and Shakhtar won f*** all :eek:

Czech Rep: Champions - Teplice, Cup winners - Mlada Boleslav

Romania: Champions - Timisoara, Cup winners - Otelul Galati

Poland: Champions - Lech Poznan, Cup winners - Zaglebie Lubin

Austria: Champions - Rapid Wien, Cup winners - Rapid Wien

Champions' League: Arsenal, Europa League: Man. City

I wanted to fire Simko and Jurco who are useless.But they are tied to the club until 2015, who was the muppet who offered them a multi-year contract? Argh! :mad:

Plans: nothing much, survival. I'm very well below wage budget, but my ass. man and coaches say we can cope with the current squad. Max. 3-4 arrivals for quality, I need a left and a right winger, maybe a centre-back with more routine and a backup right-back.

FK Slavoj Trebisov, 2011-12

Slovakian 2nd tier

My ass. man/can-play-in-every-position-man said our league-winning squad could be enough for survival, so I rather strengthened the staff and the youth over the summer (or so I think now). Much better scouts (now 6 of them!), new coaches and a number of acquisitions for the U19 team. Only three (young) players arrived for directly the first team.

Bajan (ML) has a lot of flair and good dribbling, but he can't cross for his life, not the best thing from a winger. He can prove himself as starting left-winger Kovac is out 2-3 months with the only pre-season injury hitting the squad.

Jakubco (MC) is the only loanee, as Hanicak refused to get his loan extended. He has pace and agility, and I'll plan to use him mostly as a sub.

Bartos (DR) will start on the bench behind Zembera, but he looks to be good enough to actually challenge him - which is nice, especially that Zembera has had top division clubs sniffing around.

Full squad

YOUTH

U19 Team

Some good prospects there for our current level, mostly new signings, but we have our own, too.

Baran (ST) doesn't look special but he's well-balanced with high professionalism and teamwork.

Bubenko (ST) is a promising angry youth.

Pavlik (MLC) has an agressivity which suggests me he's a natural. In pub brawls.

Babic (DL) might already be a decent DL - he'd surely be one in the third tier -, nice physical stats but worryingly crap in some other departments.

Majoros (DLC) can be big. Very high bravery, high determination and work rate, he can tackle, he can head the ball and he's not that slow.

Guba (AMC/ST) is the bomb, probably the Yeti of the Beskids came alive. Despite being only 16 he's had a season in Zilina B (8 matches/1 goal). 200 cms/93 kgs and growing :D Jumping is great (he'll learn heading hopefully, too), determined, brave, has flair, finishing and OK set pieces. I'll be hugely disappointed if he doesn't turn out to be a first-team player.

ALL TRANSFERS

+++

Board expectations: fight bravely. Mine: fight bravely and stay up. Media: 11th Finances: OK, very modest profit. Starting XI: same as last year, and it's a 4-4-2 with a midfielder (Capko) dropped to DM. Fedor – Zembera, Kitas, Csolle, Ciz – Capko – Tomovcik, Zrubec, Kovac (inj.) – Helcz, Alusik ©. The weak link is the right wing, because Tomovcik is 38 and his back-up, Kiss is 16, but Kosice poached the winger I really wanted to sign.

Friendlies went very well, one of the better pre-seasons I've had.

By the way, friendlies: the best offer I've ever had. Pocketed all six euros that were offered, they might buy you some hideous beer from Lidl or Aldi.

AUGUST

Rd 1: Moldava 0-3 (H). What an absolutely sh*t way to get things going against the Slovakian Cup holders, who were off a back-to-back beating by Anorthosis in the Europa League. I blame myself partly, as Ivan Zrubec took my speech (For the fans!) too literally and showed up the quickest red card of the league for the fans after a horrible tackle on 5 minutes. Even with 10 men we controlled the first half but as Moldava got their break in the second we collapsed. BTW first goal was scored by the guy whom Zrubec tried to annihilate. :mad:

Rd 2: Lucenec 1-1 (A). That's better, we were looking to come away with a win after Alusik's goal, but five minutes from time a free-kick was booted up, Kitas lost a key aerial battle, Fedor spilled the ball, their forward sent a trickling shot, and finally Zembera wanted to clear but hoofed it up into his own net. That hurt.

Rd 3: Nove Mesto 0-0 (H). They were the other relegation-tipped team (reminder: we are the other...) and they came with a safety tactic, including five defenders, one striker and some equipment for trench warfare probably, too. They did not have a shot on goal and I doubt they've been to our penalty area, but our attacking play was devoid of any ideas. Our creativity amounts to a concrete block. Rubbish and we should really win these matches.

Rd 4: Rimavska Sobota 1-4 (A). They are promotion contenders and showed why, as they easily rolled over us. Two soft goals from set pieces, two from counters, Alusik got the consolation.

Rd 5: Dubnica 2-4 (H). Not better at all. Another two soft goals from headers, but Tomovcik got one back just before half time. We started the second half brightly but missed two chances and they punished us with counters, after 1-4 Alusik got one back. Worrying defensive errors and very wasteful attacking are not good things. Morale down the drain for some players.

SEPTEMBER

Rd 6: Duslo Sala 0-1 (A). I tried a counter-attacking 4-3-3, with the only result being our usual 45-50% possession dropping to 40. Conceded from a set piece yet again and set up the proud winless record of the league. Also lost defensive midfielder Capko for four weeks.

Rd 7: Dolny Kubin 2-1 (A). Yeah, baby! Reverted to our usual setup, and somehow we had a good day out. We were playing better in the first half and made the most of the chances in the second, as Goga and Alusik got themselves a goal apiece from counters - with a temporary equaliser in the sandwich. First win! \o/

Rd 8: Puchov 3-0 (H). Now that was wow. They are a good team yet we had the steamroller working, outplayed, outshot and outscored them. Goals by Goga, Tomovcik and Kitas. Still dead last as since we started winning every other winless team started winning, too! :mad:

Rd 9: Ruzomberok B 3-0 (H). Confidence is high now and the team plays accordingly, I'm really happy with the clean sheets, too. Goga, an own goal and Helcz's first of the year helped us to an easy win. Lost left back/left winger Ciz for 4-5 weeks and central midfielder Jakubco for 4.

Cup 1st rd: Vrbove 3-0 (H). It seems like the team can't get enough of 3-0s, not that I'm complaining about that! Vrbove is dead last in its group at the third league, no away fans showed up and they were right. A very easy win and I played mostly substitutes and reserves.

+++

U19 watch: I felt they can be good, as three of them (giant Guba, left back Babic and MLC Pavlik) got in the national U19s squad, and so far they are performing: 8 wins out of 8, 24-1 goal difference! That's very encouraging. Majoros (DLC), Guba, Pavlik already debuted in the A-team as well.

+++

Rubbish August, great September and we're on a roll now. I find it the lower the league (and its quality) the more important the morale, teams are terribly streaky. The league is incredibly tight, there's only 10 points between leaders Morava and league last Duslo Sala! A lot of draws all over the scoreboard. I'm not holding too much hope for our winning streak, as we'll have three away fixtures, against Senec (5th but were 11th 4 rounds ago), Trencin (2nd) and Moldava (1st). Two or three points would keep me happy.

SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER

Rd. 10: Senec 1-1 (A). First match of a three-game away streak. Left-winger Bajan gave us the lead and we held it until 91 minutes, when they scored with a screamer. Gutted.

Rd. 11: Trencin 1-1 (A). This time Goga put us in front, and we only managed to hold the lead until... well, the 89th minute. ******* points away valiantly in the last minutes.

Rd. 12: Moldava 0-0 (A). Zrubec made the Double, meaning he recieved his second red card in the first half against Moldava this season. He really hates (playing) them! This time we dug the trenches and defended, gaining a thoroughly undeserved point. The closest we got to their goal was probably at the kick-off! Shots: 19 v. 1 to them.

Rd. 13: Lucenec 3-1 (H). A dream start, Tomovcik, Alusik and Gavala scored in the first 14 minutes of the game, which was decided there and then.

Rd. 14: Nove Mesto 1-0 (A). The other newcomer to the division was doing very well, too, sitting on 4th place (we were 5th). Winning the match meant a swap in places, centre-back Kitas headed home the winner from a set piece in an ugly tie on a marsh instead of a pitch.

Rd. 15: Rimavska Sobota 3-0 (H). Wow. We simply smashed the league leaders with a Helcz brace and an Alusik goal in what probably was the finest performance of the season so far.

Rd. 16: Dubnica 5-0 (A). :eek: Them being mid-table is one thing, but they have one of the strongest squads in the league. To be honest, for 40 minutes we were on the back foot, but they gave away a penalty and a red card. Zrubec scored the penalty, centre-back Zoltán Sovab added another and in the second half they fell apart and we ran riot, Kitas, Helcz and Capko scoring.

It's halfway through the season and we're up on fourth.

NOVEMBER

Rd. 17: Ruzomberok (A) 2-1. Keeping it up well. Helcz put us in front, they equalised but captain Capko popped up and buried a brave diving header 3 minutes from time.

Cup 2nd Rd: Topolcany (H) 3-1. Hereby I present you my ass. man, Sir Tomovcik the Brave. We rolled out and buried them in half an hour, two goals by rarely used striker Rusnak (who later missed a penalty and got injured, too) and one by Bajan after a Rusnak-assist. Easy.

Rd. 18: Duslo Sala (H) 2-2. More than 1000 fans turned out (largest ever attendance) against the table-bottom team. We conceded very early on after a dreadful mistake by backup goalie Sudimak, serves me right for playing him. We turned the scoreline around with goals from Alusik and Kitas but they equalised 10 minutes from time and all in all, they deserved the point.

Rd. 19: Dolny Kubin (H) 1-3. We were ravaged by injuries, it seemed like everyone falling out gets injured for at least a month... Rubbish performance, their Serbian striker put us to the sword with a hat-trick. We were competitive for about seven minutes after Kovac scored a goal in the 80th to make it 1-2, but missed our chances and they finished off a counter. Next.

Rd. 20: Puchov (A) 2-0. Marek Helcz decided this single-handidly (no pun intended), after drawing a foul resulting in a straight red card and scoring twice. Nice win, especially as Puchov's coach likes to talk rubbish of us.

Rd. 21: Trencin (H) 1-3. Almost 1000 people, us in 4th spot, them in 2nd. And they showed why they are the promotion contenders, as we were easily dealt with. They were clinical and we were very tired, bright point of the game is that the Guba, the Yeti of the Beskids scored his first ever senior goal with a brilliant chip.

Cup, last 16: Moldava (H) 0-1. Snow buried the ground, 561 people made it to the stadium, the rest did not dare to get in the open. Oh, and Moldava are simply better than us, especially when we are plagued with injuries. Cup run over.

Two months of a rest comes, much needed because of all the injured. Scouts are abroad, but unless they find the second coming of Pelé I only want to sign a right winger.

Autumn summary: after a nightmare start we had a brilliant run, the true playing strength is somewhere in-between: we are not as rubbish as the early rounds showed and nowhere near that strong as the next string of matches. We are 5th as the winter break sets in and probably in safety - 16 points from the drop zone and only 12 matches left from the season. The more spaced-out spring fixtures might help us. Moldava and Trencin will probably battle it out for the promotion, they are a step above anyone else. I'd be happy with a 3rd-5th finish.

TABLE

Things to solve:

- get a right winger, as Tomovcik is old and oft injured

- go to a seer, maybe she could help me in which striker to put in the starting lineup. I have five seniors, near the same level, but can't settle on a starting duo.

- do something with our not too brilliant, 4-2-4 home record (6-2-5 counting cup matches). The root of the problem is probably the lack of creative midfielders.

- when we are in safety (mathematically, too) start to build in U19 players. Majoros, Guba, Babic, Pavlik, Kiss and Bubenko all saw some action during the autumn, but they'll need more. The U19 is great, leading their group with 15-3-1 and a 10-point advantage. Majoros, Guba and Pavlik are already U19 internationals.

SPRING SEASON

2/3 of the season was gone, so the fixtures were less crowded - and I was thankful for that, as during the spring we lost starting striker Helcz (5-6 months), left winger Kovac (2 months and he got a yellow for simulation :mad:), sub striker Rusnak (3 months), young forward Guba (2 months) and playmaker Zrubec had some small injuries.

The local hospital is having a field day, for sure.

Senec 4-2 (H): Senec, who? :D The striker duo of Alusik and Helcz made mincemeat of them, both got a rating over 9 and two goals. Great performance.

Lucenec 2-2 (A): Only five shots on target, four goals, so the goalkeepers were kind of...meh. Mine saved one though! Goals from Sovab and Alusik.

Nove Mesto 3-0 (H): Quarter of an hour mark was a sign of doom for them: Bajan scored in the first, Helcz the fifteenth and Majoros the thirtieth minute - first senior goal for the latter, the very talented centre back. Helcz and Rusnak got injured in this match.

Moldava 3-0 (H): a surprisingly easy win against a team gunning for promotion. Zrubec forgot to get himself sent off this time, Bajan, Kitas and Alusik helped with the goals.

Rimavska Sobota 3-4 (A): After the high a major low. The defense and the midfield were shockingly bad, and we only started playing football (sort of...) when being 1-4 behind. Goga, Kovac and Capko scored. Rubbish match.

Dubnica 1-1 (H): This was better, a good draw against a strong team. Goga scored the equaliser in the 89th minute.

Duslo Sala 2-0 (A): The first half was as ugly as you can imagine in your worst football nightmares. Not even traces of football. Alusik stepped up with a brace and carried the points to us.

Ruzomberok B 1-0 (H): 969 people turned up and they wanted to forget this match afterwards. 90 minutes of boredom, broken by a Majoros header, which gave us the win. With four rounds to go we were only 4 points behind Trencin and Moldava, who battled for the championship (and the promotion spot).

Dolny Kubin 0-1 (A): Yet another insufferable match. Only one shot on target. That flew right in, too due to a goalkeeping error. This match more or less dented or faint promotion hopes.

Puchov 1-2 (H): Fan day at the last home tie of the season, attendance was 1000+ \o/. Puchov hit us twice on the counter and Guba only got one back very late in the game.

Trencin 2-1 (A): We might be out of the promotion race, but we can f*** up other teams' bids. It was 1-1 after two own goals as we hit them on the break, Bajan crossed and Alusik tapped it in for the win in the 87th minute. Trencin was buried promotion-wise.

Senec 0-1 (A): We could have ended up 3rd, 4th and 5th, we needed a win for 3rd and a draw for 4th. Senec won with a screamer, despite us getting the better of play. Missed a load of chances.

That summed up the season, which was much better as I originally thought - especially after the rubbish start. 5th place is nice, but we need time to build on this. It's probably 2 years until my young players really come through.

The board offered me (quite late in the season) a one-year contract, I refused and asked for two years. They granted the wish and were delighted.

TABLE

SQUAD STATS

SEASON PROGRESS CHART

TRENCIN F***IN' UP THEIR SEASON

Next season I'd like to step forward and start playing some less Neanderthal tactics. Fool me, the players probably won't understand...

U19 team won the league with ease, which is nice.

Top performers:

Martin Alusik - the captain led the troops from the front, 14 goals, 4 assists.

Marek Helcz - 10 goals, 4 assists and a very serious injury. He'll only be back in September.

Marian Bajan - the young left winger pushed Kovac to the bench and had a great season, 4 goals, 14 assists.

Peter Kitas - rock in the defense, best average (7.15), 5 goals. Played 35 matches, which is the most in the team.

The best of the U19s – Guba (AM C/ST), Majoros (DLC), Pavlik (MLC), Bubenko (ST), Baran (ST), Babic (DL) will be promoted to regular first squad members next year.

Ass. man Tomovcik is retiring, Sudimak (backup goalie), Rusnak (backup striker), Kovac (left winger) and Csolle (backup centre-back) won't be offered new contracts. A goalkeeper and a right/left winger is already coming, we should get by with this squad if we add a creative midfielder.

SEASON 2012-13

Good news: our new sponsorship deal is the triple sum of the previous. The board was pleased to announce the new sponsor and cut my wage budget from 2.5K to 1.5K. Of course I was already 0.5K over the budget without signings.

Listen boss. We make profit. We did well on the field. I was well below the wage budget last season. I was a good boy and everything. I've even promised you a nice mid-table place.

boardzb.th.jpg

Nnnnnnggh.

Or maybe just please relay the pitch, as it looks like a battleground after a heavy cavalry charge.

pitchj.th.jpg

Nnnnnnngh. It's nice to see the ambition of the board.

TRANSFERS

New guy no. 1: Lolita. Ergh, no. Loliga. (AM/M C) He's never gonna play in Lo Liga...

New guy no. 2: Maciaszek (M RL/AM R) Polish drinking buddy for the lads.

New guy no. 3: Vaculciak (WB/M RL) He's loyal and confrontational. Nice combination, this one.

Team report time:

teamreport.jpg

By emgergo at 2012-02-24

Rd. 1: Ruzomberok B (A) 1-1: We looked like losing an even match, but Guba's header bounced in from a defender in the 89th minute, so we got what we deserved.

Rd. 2: Rimavska Sobota (H) 1-1: Two goals late in the first half, newcomer Vaculciak getting his first for the club. Hit the woodwork late and had a major chance in the 92nd minute which Helcz missed.

Rd. 3: Zilina B (A) 0-2: Majoros had a torrid time, the 17 year old defender conceded a penalty and scored an own goal, while we were impotent on the attack.

Rd. 4: Petrzalka (H) 1-1: Once-champions Petrzalka are making their way back from the hell of the third tier. We were a man up for 60 minutes, but fell behind thanks to a counter. Sovab equalised after a corner and we missed a hist of chances, Guba hitting the bar with a header in the 94th minute summed up our luck. Or rather the lack of it.

Rd. 5: Senec (H) 1-2: Fan day, with a disappointing result. Alusik scored his first of the year but in the last 20 minutes they turned it around with a free kick and a counter. Needless to say before their winning goal we hit the post...

Rd. 6: Lucenec (A) 0-1: We battled bravely against the league leaders and right-back Zembera had an excellent game - but we lost. This was the first match in which we didn't hit the post or the bar - the hammering the woodwork vs. goal ratio was 7:4 at that point :mad:

Rd. 7: Puchov (H) 2-0: Finally! We absolutely deserved this win, young midfielder Pavlik scored his first senior goal, another teen, Majoros made it 2-0 and it could have been four or five.

I'd really appreciate if next season we didn't start the league with a 6+ winless run...

Yup, it was, fortunately.

Rd. 8: Trencin (A) 2-0: An important game, as they were tied on points with us. Two set pieces, two goals for us from Vaculciak and Kitas, and we defended bravely afterwards.

Rd. 9: Presov (H) 4-2: Tatran Presov has by far the best squad in the league, but they had a post-relegation gloom syndrome, morale being rock bottom and losing matches they should have won. Including this one: Krzysztof Maciaszek put us in the lead early, but it was cancelled out within two minutes. Vaculciak scored the second, but we conceded the equaliser right before half time. At this point we were already a man up and used the man advantage in the second half, as Alusik scored the third before Guba sealing the match with a brilliant free-kick. Great win!

Cup 1st rd: Presov (H) 1-1 aet, 2-4 on penalties. One of the often-seen things in FM11 when you face a club in the cup right after you played them in the league (is it a confirmed bug, or just weird fixture-making?) Tatran got their revenge, but only with some help as Marcel Gavala got two yellow cards in the 15th-16th minute. Despite being a man down we took the game to them and took the lead by an Alusik-goal in extra time, but they came back in the 118th minute. Two youngsters, Pavlik and Guba missed in the shootout.

Rd. 10: Dubnica (A) 1-1: We were dead tired, so I'll take this draw, Vaculciak equalised two minutes after they took the lead in the 37th minute.

Rd. 11: Dolny Kubin (H) 3-2: The team ran wild in the first half, Maciaszek scored a brace, Alusik added a third and we could have been six up easily. The opposition turned up in the next 45 minutes but couldn't equalise.

Rd. 12: Ruzomberok B (H) 2-2: Not content with this draw, we were terribly defending their set pieces - they scored from two but could have scored from four or five. Maciaszek and Gavala scored our goals.

Rd. 13: Rimavska Sobota (A) 0-0: Despite the scoreline one of the best and most enjoyable matches: well-balanced teams, good and tough match and two excellent goalies. And a just draw.

Rd. 14: Zilina B 4-0 (H): A blowout, Maciaszek, Loliga, Guba and Alusik scored. Zilina B forgot to turn up for this.

Rd. 15: Petrzalka 1-3 (A): Our 7-game unbeaten streak comes to an end thanks to some blood-boiling refereeing. After one-one (our goal scored by Guba) the ref gifted them a penalty and they hit us on the counter once. Ref got a 3, I mouthed off to the press, FA was silent but it didn't really help us.

Rd. 16: Senec 1-0 (A): Bouncing back nicely: our defense played out of their skins and Guba scored from distance to give us a somewhat lucky win.

Rd. 17: Lucenec 3-2 (H): After the 3rd (Petrzalka) and the 2nd (Senec), time to face runaway league leaders Lucenec. They seemed to run away with the win as well, scoring in the first and thirteenth minute, but in the second half we threw everything at them. Guba scored two minutes into the second half, centre-back Sovab equalised on 57 minutes after a corner, and young centre-back Majoros headed home the winner seventeen minutes from time, when we were already a man up. Fans were ecstatic afterwards, and for a good reason.

Rd. 18: Puchov 0-1 (A): A nothing match was heading for a goalless draw but they scored from a corner in the stoppage time. Gutted.

Rd. 19: Trencin 4-0 (H): It took only an hour to go four up, with goals from Zrubec, Alusik and Maciaszek plus an own goal. Nice to see once some good shooting ratio: we were outshot 9:12 but won easily.

Rd. 20: Presov 1-2 (A): We seem to play really well against Presov, but they play a quite stupid 4-2-4, to be honest. Playing well was not enough for a point this time though, as we conceded from a corner and a counter, Alusik gave us hope but we wasted a ton of chances afterwards.

Rd. 21: Dubnica 1-1 (H): Guba scored the opener with a magnificient chip from distance, but he wasted two good openings and we were punished in the 93th minute, which hurt.

WINTER TABLE

We're sitting fourth, 16 points afar from danger and 17 off league leaders Lucenec, so the spring is dead rubber as a whole. The mid-table is absolutely crowded, we're on 31 points and 9th Dubnica have 28! The board offered me to change expectations, so I told them a mid-table finish and to my relief I'm within wage budget yet again. This will be eased further when at the end of season Loliga will leave us: the Burkinabe midfielder earns the triple as the next best earner and does f*** nothing for it. Oh, and demands the double of the current wage for a contract extension.

Hell freezes over sooner than he'll get one.

First-tier teams are sniffing around Pavlik, offering about 26K + 50% to take him. Looking at the financial situation, he's most welcome to go, but he's fiercely loyal. And I'm skint :D

You can't win anything with kids, but no-one says you should not sign them. Now our first squad has seven U20 kids, not mentioning four players in the U19s who have already seen senior action.

Senior action...?

Well, anyway, we might have a good team in five seasons :D

Meet the newcomers:

Cernak (M RLC)

Milan (D RLC)

Koleno (M R)

The fans are excited about Milan and Koleno. Probably they're gearing up for a Milan (197 cms/95 kgs) v. Guba (200 cms/98 kgs and growing) heavyweight bout.

You'll see when midgets will win over 50% of the air duels against them, I bet.

We have a saying "unpredictable like April" - well, that's what we are. Probably that's just what you get for regularly fielding 4-5 U20 players.

Dolny Kubin (A) 1-0: Loliga's beautiful chip secured us three points in the spring opener.

Ruzomberok B (A) 1-3: They "back-played" three key members of their A team. So they ran us into the ground. Marian Bajan scored the consolation goal, but we were never contesting.

Rimavska Sobota (H) 2-3: We built up a 2-goal lead with a goal from Alusik and an own goal, just to throw it away spectacularly after the break.

Zilina B (A) 1-2: I can't stand these B teams. Maciaszek scored a temporary equaliser, but we found no answer to their second goal.

Petrzalka (H) 3-2: Time to stop the slump: we came back from 0-1 and 1-2 and turned it around in the last 12 minutes. Guba, Loliga and Maciaszek scored - these were the only three shots on target from us!

Senec (H) 0-0: strong team after strong team: Majoros was sent off in the 18th minute, so I'm content with the draw against one of the league's better teams.

Lucenec (A) 2-2: a very good draw against the league leaders. All goals came in the very good first half, Guba and Vaculciak scored for us. The second half was rubbish, the draw was good for us, and Lucenec secured the title with it, so they were not pressing forward.

Puchov (H) 2-1: our wingers came to the rescue as the strikers took their holiday: Maciaszek and Vaculciak secured our win.

Trencin (A) 0-2: It was very bad by any standard. Absolutely disgraceful performance, the team looked like they are not giving a f*** about the match. Or they bet on Trencin...

Presov (H) 2-1: The team got some kicking in the rear after that match, and answered with a much-improved performance. Kitas and Gavala scored against the league's strongest squad (not necessarily the strongest team, as Lucenec smashed the opposition)

Dubnica (A) 1-1: A nothing draw. We got our first penalty of the season, Zrubec scored it for an equaliser. The draw meant that if we win our last match, we'd either be 4th or 5th.

Dolny Kubin (H) 1-0: My back line was really up for this, they could even chalked up the winning goal (courtesy of Kitas). Petrzalka lost, so we took them over for the 4th place. That's quite good after the awful start - we have to try and not make it three in a row with some dreadful early season form...

finaltableo.th.jpg

squadendofseason.th.jpg

Club's finances are OK. Here's hoping the board won't cut the wage budget yet again... Some teams are sniffing around my U21 national team members (Guba, Majoros, Pavlik), but so far I only recieved offers for Pavlik, who didn't want to go.

SLAVOJ TREBISOV, 2013-14, Slovakian 2. Liga

The first major event of the summer was that 6 of my first squad members got (hopefully) through their high school graduation. :D

This time the board did not cut my wage budget and Loliga also left (350 euros/week, another relief). Sovab and Ciz were on the decline, so they followed and I purged the U19 of most of the useless hangers-on. Backup full-back Hoffmann left on a Bosman (it rhymes quite well, doesn't it?), while Mihalovce offered 24K+50% for my keeper, Vladimir Kostolansky.

For 24K they can have anything.

Kosice offered 18K+40% for my backup right-winger Koleno. No brainer, that, he's off to the regional centre.

Kostolansky's departure left us with a huge hole in the goal, so after some border scouting one of my men reported on a Hungarian guy named Gazsi. He looked borderline first-tier material, so I coughed up the 7K compensations to Tata. He left one of the nicest small Hungarian towns for a run-down Slovakian small town.

Things must be going badly in Hungary, I guess...

The rest of the incomers were Bosmans, and I was looking for players who already had some first league experience thus can improve the squad. No young prospects signed this transfer window - I still have about 10 of them waiting to be built in the team!

transfersw.jpg

THE SQUAD

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Name

[/TD]

[TD=width: 134]Position [/TD]

[TD=width: 47]Nat [/TD]

[TD=width: 57]Height [/TD]

[TD=width: 52]Weight [/TD]

[TD=width: 34]Age [/TD]

[TD=width: 64]Value[/TD]

[TD=width: 344]Description[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marian Fedor

[/TD]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]184 cm[/TD]

[TD]86 kg [/TD]

[TD]33[/TD]

[TD]€1K[/TD]

[TD]Decent backup, no more[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ferenc Gazsi [/TD]

[TD]GK [/TD]

[TD]HUN[/TD]

[TD]188 cm[/TD]

[TD]85 kg[/TD]

[TD]22[/TD]

[TD]€7K[/TD]

[TD]Can be a long-term solution, first he should learn the language, though[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Roman Zembera [/TD]

[TD]D ®[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]176 cm[/TD]

[TD]69 kg[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]€2.5K[/TD]

[TD]Has to fight for his place with the returning Bartos[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Richard Bartos [/TD]

[TD]D ®[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]191 cm[/TD]

[TD]89 kg[/TD]

[TD]21[/TD]

[TD]€2.5K[/TD]

[TD]Probably just a shade better than Zembera, Czech 1st league football improved him[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marek Babic [/TD]

[TD]D (RL)[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]179 cm[/TD]

[TD]74 kg[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]€10K[/TD]

[TD]Most probably our left back for a long time, 18 and has a starting spot[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Milan [/TD]

[TD]D (RLC)[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]197 cm[/TD]

[TD]95 kg[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]€26K[/TD]

[TD]Young, strong, can play across the back line, but his potential is better so far than his performance[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ladislav Majoros [/TD]

[TD]D (LC)[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]182 cm [/TD]

[TD]79 kg[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]€18K[/TD]

[TD]The U19 international centre-back is seduced by Presov and Ruzomberok – I want to keep him, though[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jaroslav Capko [/TD]

[TD]D (LC), DM, M (LC)[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]179 cm[/TD]

[TD]78 kg[/TD]

[TD]32[/TD]

[TD]€1K[/TD]

[TD]He's on the decline, so he's relegated from the starting 11 – and fights for a new contract[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jozef Lukac [/TD]

[TD]D ©[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]184 cm[/TD]

[TD]84 kg[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]€4K[/TD]

[TD]Latecomer, as I was less than impressed by our defending in pre-season. Has 1st league experience.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Peter Kitas [/TD]

[TD]D ©, DM, M ©[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]188 cm[/TD]

[TD]84 kg[/TD]

[TD]27[/TD]

[TD]€18K[/TD]

[TD]One of the cornerstones of the team, he has a good chance for breaking the club's appearance record[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jan Vaculciak [/TD]

[TD]WB/M (RL)[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]181 cm[/TD]

[TD]79 kg[/TD]

[TD]30[/TD]

[TD]€2.5K[/TD]

[TD]No signs of decline, one of the leading (defensive) wingers of the league[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Cernak [/TD]

[TD]M (RLC)[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]172 cm[/TD]

[TD]70 kg[/TD]

[TD]19[/TD]

[TD]€12K[/TD]

[TD]Still waiting for him to show anything more than average...[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Krzysztof Maciaszek [/TD]

[TD]M (RL), AM ®[/TD]

[TD]POL[/TD]

[TD]179 cm[/TD]

[TD]70 kg[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]€1K[/TD]

[TD]Last season he was my personal POY, I hope he can continue. Quick and very dangerous.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jozef Pavlik [/TD]

[TD]M (LC)[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]180 cm[/TD]

[TD]81 kg[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]€12K[/TD]

[TD]Another U19 international, whose performance is wildly swinging – he's awful in every fourth match...[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Zrubec [/TD]

[TD]M ©[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]169 cm[/TD]

[TD]69 kg[/TD]

[TD]29[/TD]

[TD]€5K[/TD]

[TD]The engine of the midfield, who would be a very good midfielder with a touch of creativity and intelligence. Has neither, balances it with his quickness.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tomas Lenarth [/TD]

[TD]M ©[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]175 cm[/TD]

[TD]65 kg[/TD]

[TD]23[/TD]

[TD]€4K[/TD]

[TD]Another newcomer, he's in for a rotation spot.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Miroslav Poliacek [/TD]

[TD]M/AM (LC), ST[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]183 cm[/TD]

[TD]79 kg[/TD]

[TD]30[/TD]

[TD]€1.5K[/TD]

[TD]Of course his natural position is one that we don't play with (AMC), but at least he has flair and creativity – both of which we lacked.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marian Bajan [/TD]

[TD]M/AM (L)[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]187 cm[/TD]

[TD]84 kg[/TD]

[TD]21[/TD]

[TD]€2K[/TD]

[TD]He's had one great season and one awful, destroyed by injuries. If he has a bad season again, he'll be offloaded[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Vladimir Guba [/TD]

[TD]AM ©, ST[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]200 cm[/TD]

[TD]98 kg[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]€18K[/TD]

[TD]Our monster is steadily improving and playing for the Slovakian U21s. I rejected 4-5 offers as I want to keep him at the club by all costs.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marek Helcz [/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]179 cm[/TD]

[TD]76 kg[/TD]

[TD]30[/TD]

[TD]€2K[/TD]

[TD]The only reason he's staying is that I don't want to pay compensation. Since his serious injury he lost his confidence and scoring touch.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Karol Pavelka [/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]195 cm [/TD]

[TD]93 kg[/TD]

[TD]28[/TD]

[TD]€4.5K[/TD]

[TD]Pairing up with Guba our strikeforce averages 197.5 cms and 95.5 kgs now :D Pavelka's almost 50 top tier appearances is surely an asset[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Martin Alusik [/TD]

[TD]ST [/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]189 cm[/TD]

[TD]88 kg[/TD]

[TD]32[/TD]

[TD]€1K[/TD]

[TD]Our captain is on the decline, but he's content with a substitute role[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marcel Gavala [/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]178 cm[/TD]

[TD]76 kg[/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[TD]€2.5K[/TD]

[TD]He's been with us for 2.5 years and was never convincing, despite his good stats – he'll cut it this year or I'll cut him[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Robert Nagy [/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]SVK[/TD]

[TD]177 cm[/TD]

[TD]75 kg[/TD]

[TD]20[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]Best of the newgens of the year – he's not that great but too old to be played in the U19s[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SEASON EXPECTATIONS

Board, fans: mid-table

Me: mid-table, preferrably 6th or better

Special expectation: no 5+ matches winless run at the start of the season, unlike the last two years...

Pre-season: mixed bag of results. Mixed up in defense, which was more worrying, so I was not too upset when our first league game was postponed due to international call-ups.

Rd. 2: Senec (H) 3-0: Not only we don't start with a loss, but winning the first game easily? :eek: Alusik put us on our way in the fifth minute, Zrubec doubled it from a penalty near the halfway point of the second half, and Pavelka got his first for the club with a nice header.

Rd. 1: Dubnica (A) 3-2: The postponed match brought some great entertainment, like our goalkeeper was entertained by two silly own goals... We did everything to self-destruct, but Vaculciak equalised to 2-2 9 minutes from time, and Guba got the winner in the 90th when Dubnica were pouring forward. Our first goal was scored by Gavala with a looping header back to the goal!

Rd. 3: Duslo Sala (A) 1-5: WTF, really :confused: We were up in the 2nd minute by a Maciaszek goal, but they turned it around and then Kitas got sent off for a vicious foul. Then they tore us into small bits and pieces.

Rd. 4: Rimavska Sobota (H) 0-1: Our play was a whole lot better but that amounted to 0 points, as they got the winner with a stunning 38-metre drive.

Rd. 5: Nove Mesto (A) 1-0: We battled hard against the newly promoted team, and Pavelka got the winner from a counter. We were somewhat lucky to escape with a win.

Rd. 6: Petrzalka (H) 2-0: Our air dominance paid dividents, as Pavelka and Lukac headed home the goals. Zrubec missed a penalty in the sixth minute but it didn't come back to haunt us.

Rd. 7: Presov (H) 2-1: I love playing against their 4-2-4, as it's a bit brainless and leaves a lot of space to clever attacking. Our midfield got the goals this time, Zrubec and Vaculciak scored, while Drogba's cousin temporarily equalised. Presov are on the decline, as they failed to instantly get back in the Corgon Liga, and their squad was picked apart.

Rd. 8: Zlate Moravce (A) 1-0: Guba scored an early goal, then we held on till half-time and sealed the game afterwards, as one of their defenders was sent off in the 47th.

Rd. 9: Dolny Kubin (H) 0-0: They're becoming something like a bogey team, I hate to play against their gritty counter-attacking tactic. Could have snatched the win but Zrubec's long distance effort came back off the post in the 93rd minute.

Slovakian Cup, Rd. 1: Kremnicka (H) 6-1: No contest, even with a B team. Alusik scored a brace, Milan, Cernak, Maciaszek and an own goal completed the rout.

Rd. 10: Puchov (A) 1-0: I still don't know how we won this one, as the look of play was dreadful. They missed about 4-5 golden chances while Alusik scored a poacher's effort. Damn lucky. This win put us top on goal difference!

Rd. 11: Trencin (H) 4-4: This put us down to second... We really, really should have won this as we led 1-0, 3-1 and 4-3 but threw it away. Defending was all over the place... The positives: Guba had a brilliant match (a brace, an assist), Pavelka (a fine header) and Zrubec (a penalty) rounded out the score.

Rd. 12: Dubnica (H) 2-0: The defenders seemed to get the message after the last match and reacted with a much-improved performance, while Vaculciak dished out two assists to Poliacek (first goal for the club) and Guba. By the way the giant striker partnership of Guba and Pavelka is working very well, they are destroying defences in the air - 9 goals and 3 assists so far combined.

The table looks interesting - maybe this is the chance we waited for? 7 points in front of the followers - leaders Rimavska Sobota were only tipped midtable before the season, just like us. The first 4 were tipped 7th, 9th, 11th and 12th before the season started.

So much for pundits.

round1d.jpg

It's developing into a quite interesting race...

Rd. 13.: Senec (A) 0-1: One thing is going a goal down in the 8th minute, another is spending 82 minutes scratching our heads (and balls) devoid of any goalscoring ideas. Rubbish.

Rd. 14: Duslo Sala (H) 2-1: Veteran captain Alusik came to the rescue, as we were clueless up front again: I subbed him in in the 78th minute and he scored twice in seven minutes to seal the win!

Rd. 15: Rimavska Sobota (A) 2-1: 900 fans turned up in a might-be crucial tie: we shocked the home crowd with an early Alusik goal, and though they equalised after the break, Vaculciak scored the second with a sharp shot off the post.

Rd. 16: Petrzalka (A) 0-1: Backlash time: they scored from their only shot on target, and we were never really threatening to cancel the lead.

Rd. 17: Nove Mesto (H) 2-0: Young left-back Babic got himself sent off with a handball + arguing combination in the 25th minute (how stupid that kid is, really :mad:). We controlled the match, however, but it took 73 minutes to get the lead when Kitas headed in a corner, Guba added the second.

Cup Rd. 3 (our first match was in the second round, I just realised): Vranov (H) 4-1: An easy draw was followed by an easy win, Gavala scored a brace, Bajan and Nagy (first goal for the club) completed the rout.

Rd. 18: Presov (A) 1-1: Kitas was the centre figure of the match, as he scored on both ends of the pitch, following his own goal with a nice header. Pavelka received a red in the 64th, so later all we could do was hanging on to the draw.

Rd. 19: Zlate Moravce (H) 2-4: In 30 minutes we scored twice (Gavala, Guba), missed 3-4 clear opportunities and were cruising. Or so I thought. They got one back before half time, equalised in the second half in minutes, then my keeper gifted them a goal and we finished self-destruction with the defensive line messing up the offside trap. I was furious - I rarely say "angry" post-match, but we spectacularly committed suicide in this match.

Rd. 20: Dolny Kubin (A) 2-2: Every noteworthy thing happened in the last 17 minutes: Gavala showed his poaching skills to get us one up but they turned around, so Pavelka could only rescue a point (and got rid of his 10 hour goalless streak)

Rd. 21: Puchov (H) 4-0: A three-match winless streak is not ideal if you're going for the title, so we had to do something: thrashing Puchov was a good solution to the problem. Pavelka opened the scoring from a penalty, Gavala, Guba and Pavlik added three others, the last one being our nicest goal of the season - the sophisticated passing, which led to it was surely a mistake. That win put us top, so the top of the winter table looked like:

1. Trebisov 40 pts, 2. Rimavska Sobota 39, 3. Trencin 39, 4. Duslo Sala 35, 5. Senec 35

Cup, Rd. 4: Kosice (A) 0-2: I fielded a full side, which had an OK performance, but to be honest they killed us off with two early goals.

+++

WINTER BREAK

The board offered me a modest wage budget increase and 4K transfer budget. One goner (Helcz was released, he clearly couldn't cut it), while an agent knocked on my door and offered a young lad from Ivory Coast. After trialling it was clear that he can single-handedly destroy any midfield in this division :D Meet Bakari:

bakari.jpg

His clearly top tier material and for 5 K (+50%) was a steal (I hope!). We cruised through the off-season with six wins.

+++

SPRING SEASON: only 11 matches left, so every one could be crucial.

Trencin (A) 0-0: A very important clash for a spring starter. We came away with a draw thanks to an inspired performance by goalkeeper Gazsi, who pulled off a string of amazing saves in the last 10 minutes, as Trencin were blazing from all guns. Gazsi was more average than good in the autumn, but I'm not complaining if he steps up to big games like this! Rimavska Sobota reclaimed the top spot.

Dubnica (A) 1-0: A must-win match against the dead last. We were much better throughout the match but we needed a set piece (and a Pavelka header) to break through. Gazsi saved us the win with a huge save in stoppage time, he's averaging 7.6 in the two spring matches so far!

tableiq.jpg

He does and he has dead ball skills, which we miss (especially at corners). I'm sure I can't hold onto him for longer than 1.5 years, but he looks like a money generator.

That's so often the case in smaller Eastern (and Central) European leagues, you can get a great supply of excellent Africans, often will lose them after a bit but for good money.

That's so often the case in smaller Eastern (and Central) European leagues, you can get a great supply of excellent Africans, often will lose them after a bit but for good money.

IRL it's not different either, from the Hungarian league there were 5-6 examples when cheaply bought foreigners (mostly Africans, but Serbs and Baltic guys, too) basically kept clubs above water. I've spoken to a club director lately (I'm a sports news editor) and asked about a new African forward, he was like "we have no clue about him but he's coming on a free" :D

Rd. 24: Senec (H) 2-0: Not a pretty win, but I'll always take these. Guba scored just before half time, then in the second half Vaculciak headed home a cross from something like 30 cms.

Rival watch: Rimavska Sobota and Trencin both drew 2-2, so we're in the lead again.

Rd. 25: Duslo Sala (A) 1-0: We had complete control over the match but it took a good long shot by Pavelka to get us the lead, which was never threatened later.

Rival watch: Rimavska Sobota and Trencin both messed up at home, losing to Petrzalka and Puchov. This means we go to the top match against Rim. Sobota with a 4-point advantage

Rd. 26: Rimavska Sobota (H) 3-0: The big one. We were in a comfortable position with the 4-point lead, and added 3 more to this with a surprising ease. Six yellow cards in the first half indicated that both teams knew the high stakes as challenges were flying from everywhere. We had the better openings but they hit the bar with a long shot. After the break they forgot to turn up: after some intelligent :eek: play by Guba left Alusik (who has just come in) with an open net tap-in in the 58th minute. Ten minutes later Bakari surprised everyone at a free kick, instead of rifling it in he passed to the left to Poliacek who scored from a tight angle. Cards were served in all colours (Bartos saw red after two yellows, leaving us a man down), but it was us adding to the lead as after a corner Kitas scored a rebound. To be honest, Rimavska Sobota were absolutely rubbish in the second half. MOM went to Bakari (8.7) who's averaging more than 6 interceptions in his last games - he's terrorising the midfield.

7 point lead and we're not playing rivals in the remaining seven rounds!

Top of the table: 1. Trebisov 53 pts, 2. Rimavska Sobota 45, 3. Trencin 42, 4. Senec 41, 5. Presov 40. Rimavska Sobota are on a three-game winless streak, Trencin on a six-match winless streak (no wins in the spring) and they play each other.

It's in our hands now.

There's nothing more satisfying when the rivals find that big red button and self-destruct :D

Rd. 27: Nove Mesto (A) 2-1: This one wasn't pretty by any stretch of imagination. Wild tackling all over the place, both teams ended the match with some players at 30-40% fitness... There was not much football to be played, but somehow we won the match: Vaculciak carried us with a brace (a header and a long shot) for the win. We only had 4 shots in total! Gazsi conceded in a league match after 596 minutes.

Rival watch: Trencin won and overtook Rim. Sobota, who lost yet again.

Rd. 28: Petrzalka (H) 2-1: I don't know why our matches look lately like mass fights, this one included 7 yellows and 2 injuries. After knocking on the door all match long we scored the opener in bizarre circumstances: Zrubec's powerful shot was saved by the keeper, it hit the post, come back rebounding to the keeper and rolled into the net. Our relief was so strong that they immediately equalised from a penalty, so it took super-sub Alusik to score his 7th of the year late in the game.

Rival watch: Trencin won, Rim. Sobota drew and are out of it. The lead is 11 points.

Rd. 29: Presov (H) 1-0: A poor match, in which neither of the teams found openings. Jozef Pavlik came up with the bright idea of shooting from long distance, he was rewarded with a goal as his sneaky shot found the bottom left corner in the 42th minute.

Rival watch: Trencin won, Rim. Sobota lost. The lead is 11 points. The title and promotion is mathematically ours if we win the next game.

Rd. 30: Zlate Moravce (A) 4-1: That wasn't looking like a walk in the park, as Zlate Moravce were 4th and on a 3-match winning roll. They couldn't cope with our air force, though: Poliacek, Kitas and Lukac all scored with headers in the first half, while we conceded after a free kick. Zrubec added a fourth with a vicious shot, and we spent the last 25 minutes celebrating. \o/

Rival watch: Trencin and Rim. Sobota drew with each other. After leading the league for nearly all the autumn, Rimavska Sobota fell to pieces with a seven-game winless run.

So that means...

We're up! \o/

promvt.jpg

But our away support is still rather pathetic:

fanso.jpg

Kitas runs off to celebrate with our fans but he finds none :D

Great work on the promotion! Good luck in the top tier :)

Luck will be needed. I just looked at Lucenec, who walked our league last season - they are already relegated with 5 rounds to go...

Might get an away fan now.

I'm supporting a small (and now half-defunct - there's no senior team :() club, and once we were away at another small club, the attendance was pathetic. It was very funny to watch it in the TV highlights when our players came out and greeted the travelling support - all those six fans who made it there! :D

Rd. 31: Dolny Kubin (H) 1-0: Pavelka scored early, breaking his duck, and all we were bothered to do was keeping them away from our goal. Three points is three points, but I'm not sure our play persuaded any fans to travel to away matches!

Rd. 32: Puchov (A) 2-2: ...well, six fans did, and saw a great game. We went up by two with goals from Guba and Kitas, but for 30 minutes in the second half we looked disinterested and paid the price for it.

Rd. 33 (last): Trencin (H) 6-0: Finishing it with a bang, is it called? Pavelka scored a hat-trick within 35 minutes, Guba, Lukac and an own goal added to it - we were tearing bronze medalists Trencin to little pieces.

And what's better, we had a record crowd for the party!

recordcrowd.jpg

Post-match madness:

favsx.jpg

Yeah, we're the favourites... oh, we have already won promotion some rounds before? Never mind! :applause:

FINAL TABLE

seasonendtable.jpg

SUMMARY 2013-2014:

In short: we kicked butt. After the autumn season it looked like we're in a three-horse race with Rimavska Sobota and Trencin, but they started losing points and we went unbeaten through the spring. A very easy promotion in the end, now we'll be up against it!

charting.jpg

Reasons we'll stay up:

+ We have a bunch of U21 and U19 international kids who improve from year to year

+ We have the smallest possible pitch with terrible playing surface. That tames every team ;)

+ We already have a player in Bakari who'd be a star in the top tier.

+ Team is gelled and I'm not looking to sign many players to upset this.

Reasons we'll go down:

– Lucenec walked the second league last year, like us. They were no-hopers in the top tier.

– Everyone is bigger, better and has much better facilities

– Our attractiveness is still f*** all - last time a wing back from Dubnica (who were dead last in our division) laughed me off, that hurt a bit...

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD=width: 153]Name [/TD]

[TD=width: 40]Nat [/TD]

[TD=width: 133]Position [/TD]

[TD=width: 55]Height [/TD]

[TD=width: 61]Weight [/TD]

[TD=width: 57]Apps [/TD]

[TD=width: 37]Gls [/TD]

[TD=width: 34]Ast [/TD]

[TD=width: 52]Av Rat [/TD]

[TD=width: 239]Comments[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marian Fedor [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]GK [/TD]

[TD]184 cm [/TD]

[TD]86 kg [/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.73 [/TD]

[TD]No future at the club, will leave on a Bosman[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ferenc Gazsi [/TD]

[TD]HUN [/TD]

[TD]GK [/TD]

[TD]188 cm [/TD]

[TD]85 kg

[/TD]

[TD]33[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.81 [/TD]

[TD]First half of the season was average, second excellent and he's improving![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Roman Zembera [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]D ®

[/TD]

[TD]176 cm [/TD]

[TD]69 kg [/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.95 [/TD]

[TD]Will leave on a Bosman, decent rotation player, but I'll need better in the Corgon Liga[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Richard Bartos [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]D ® [/TD]

[TD]191 cm [/TD]

[TD]89 kg

[/TD]

[TD]24[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.96 [/TD]

[TD]Bartos will probably keep his position as a starting right-back one tier up as well[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marek Babic [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]D (RL) [/TD]

[TD]179 cm [/TD]

[TD]76 kg [/TD]

[TD]19 (2) [/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.91 [/TD]

[TD]The U19 international played OK, improves steadily. He'll see less action next year in the top league[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Milan [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]D (RLC) [/TD]

[TD]197 cm [/TD]

[TD]95 kg [/TD]

[TD]8 (5) [/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.85 [/TD]

[TD]U21 internatonal, a bit error-prone and not always convincing. I'm thinking about a loan for him.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ladislav Majoros [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]D (LC) [/TD]

[TD]182 cm [/TD]

[TD]81 kg [/TD]

[TD]21 (1) [/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.88 [/TD]

[TD]His ratings suffered a bit because he had to cover in left-back, too, otherwise he's top league material. U21 international.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jaroslav Capko [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]D (LC), DM, M (LC) [/TD]

[TD]179 cm [/TD]

[TD]79 kg [/TD]

[TD]11 (13) [/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.87 [/TD]

[TD]The vice-captain has not aged well and became a backup – he'll leave on a Bosman after more than 120 games for the club[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jozef Lukac [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]D © [/TD]

[TD]184 cm [/TD]

[TD]84 kg [/TD]

[TD]25 (1) [/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.05[/TD]

[TD]A good buy, he was solid, scored from corners and will be pushing Majoros for his starting place yet again[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Peter Kitas [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]D ©, DM, M © [/TD]

[TD]188 cm [/TD]

[TD]84 kg [/TD]

[TD]28 (1) [/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.36 [/TD]

[TD]The 3rd captain is excellent: 4th season in a row with an average over 7.00, 116 matches, 15 goals so far for the club. Future captain, for me he was the POY this season.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jan Vaculciak [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]WB/M (RL) [/TD]

[TD]181 cm [/TD]

[TD]79 kg [/TD]

[TD]30 (2) [/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]7.14[/TD]

[TD]Another excellent man, he won the goals+assists race in the team. He's aging but not much, so I hope for 1-2 good seasons (maybe 3) from him.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kevin Bakari [/TD]

[TD]CIV [/TD]

[TD]DM, M © [/TD]

[TD]182 cm [/TD]

[TD]81 kg [/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]7.43 [/TD]

[TD]Wow. He'll be snatched sooner or later, but he transformed a team which is yet to lose a match in which he was involved! Filters everything in midfield, only bacteria may pass him. Gives shitloads of assists, too.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Cernak [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]M (RLC) [/TD]

[TD]172 cm [/TD]

[TD]70 kg [/TD]

[TD]9 (11) [/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]6.93 [/TD]

[TD]Another U21 international, so far no more than a rotation player. Needs to up his game.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Krzysztof Maciaszek [/TD]

[TD]POL [/TD]

[TD]M (RL), AM ® [/TD]

[TD]179 cm [/TD]

[TD]70 kg [/TD]

[TD]23 (6) [/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]6.93 [/TD]

[TD]The Polish winger was not as dangerous as last year, but he had more competition for his spot. Good rotation player for both wings.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marian Bajan [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]M (RL), AM (L) [/TD]

[TD]187 cm [/TD]

[TD]85 kg [/TD]

[TD]4 (6) [/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.13[/TD]

[TD]Don't be fooled by the ratings, he's at the most second tier material, with an awful injury record. He's off after the season[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jozef Pavlik [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]M (LC) [/TD]

[TD]181 cm [/TD]

[TD]82 kg [/TD]

[TD]8 (8) [/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.85 [/TD]

[TD]The U21 international midfielder has seen his season cut short by a torn muscle (3-4 months and counting). I hope he'll recover well, as he's a big asset. The positive aspect of the injury: the teams sniffing around him are finally gone.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ivan Zrubec [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]M © [/TD]

[TD]169 cm [/TD]

[TD]69 kg [/TD]

[TD]26 (5) [/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]6.90 [/TD]

[TD]Solid as ever, but I'm not sure he's a good enough starting midfielder for the top league.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tomas Lenarth [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]M © [/TD]

[TD]175 cm [/TD]

[TD]65 kg [/TD]

[TD]6 (6) [/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.14[/TD]

[TD]He came as a backup and did well, but he's not improving. A candidate for loan/transfer.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Miroslav Poliacek [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]M/AM (LC) [/TD]

[TD]183 cm [/TD]

[TD]79 kg [/TD]

[TD]23 (3) [/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.95 [/TD]

[TD]He has top tier experience and had good matches, but overall was a little underwhelming. Anyway, his natural position is AMC and we don't play with one – but that might change as we'll face stronger teams.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Vladimir Guba [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]AM ©, ST [/TD]

[TD]200 cm [/TD]

[TD]99 kg [/TD]

[TD]20 (10) [/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.15[/TD]

[TD]2 metres, nearly 100 kgs, growing and improving: he's a starter in the U21 national team and will be a fine player for us for a (hopefully) long time. At the age of 19 he's already scored 21 times for the club.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Karol Pavelka[/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]ST [/TD]

[TD]195 cm[/TD]

[TD]94 kg[/TD]

[TD]30 (1)[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]6.91 [/TD]

[TD]Attribute-wise he's by far my best striker but he's prone to wander around the pitch being generally disinterested. Also prone to scoring ducks. Top goalscorer though, he snatched the title in the last match with a hat-trick from Guba.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Martin Alusik

[/TD]

[TD]SVK

[/TD]

[TD]ST [/TD]

[TD]189 cm [/TD]

[TD]88 kg [/TD]

[TD]8 (14) [/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.19[/TD]

[TD]The captain saw less action than ever as he's over 32, but has been instrumental in quite a lot of matches with his goals from the bench. I'd love to keep him, but to be frank, he can be useful for a mid-table team in the second tier – and no use in the top tier. So he's off on a Bosman[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marcel Gavala [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]ST [/TD]

[TD]178 cm [/TD]

[TD]76 kg [/TD]

[TD]12 (7) [/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.08[/TD]

[TD]I'm still not convinced, but he gave enough for a contract extension. Will be 3rd or 4th choice though.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Robert Nagy [/TD]

[TD]SVK [/TD]

[TD]ST [/TD]

[TD]177 cm [/TD]

[TD]75 kg [/TD]

[TD]0 (2) [/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.20[/TD]

[TD]Useless for us, might be useful in the third division, so he's off on a free.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SEASON 2014-15

Slovakian 1. Corgon Liga

So we're up in the big guys' league...

...and we have BLING! :D

wowpp.jpg

That sorts our finances for something like the next century. Especially if we stay up!

Not that anyone gives us any chance to do that.

MONEY TO BURN! :eek:

wow2j.jpg

We use this to give full-time contracts as all the guys are sick and tired of going to the local power plant.

Archived