I've been playing the game for about 10 seasons now, and the game has started to crash about 1 in every 3 times I start a match. I get to the team talk screen, then when I click to play the match, instead of bringing up the football field, it remains stuck with the ball loading icon on the team talk screen. Needless to say, this is very infuriating. Please fix it.

Another, more minor bug I have run into, is that when I try to 'offer to clubs', no matter what amount of money I try to offer the player for, it always offers the player for 10 million. Also pretty infuriating.

My game crashes as well,although it doesn't have anything to do with the game itself. It has to do with windows 7. They use so much RAM by default and after a while it overflows and my the pc can't handle it. It could be the same for you. I have fixed this by making sure that I'd have as few processes open as possible at any time.

If you do have Win7,you might want to try this: http://maketecheasier.com/prevent-windows-7-from-using-so-much-memory/2011/11/04

As for the bug you say about offering players,I haven't encountered it yet,so can't comment on that.

Runtime errors can be caused by loading too many leagues/players/database

Shouldn't that be fixed though? My long-term saves are always with the entire database loaded (not all leagues,just the database) so that I have a more realistic scouting experience. I sure hope it gets a proper look until 12.3.

When you load the game, it calculates a recommended set up based on the spec of your computer, If you choose to exceed that recommendation, then you run the risk of running out of memory causing a crash. Unless you have a really top end machine, loading the full database may cause you problems eventually and is not how the game is designed to run.

Yet somehow it had no problem doing it in FM11. Yes,I do exceed the recommended limit,but that limit is only a rough calculation based on leagues and players.

If you load the league that you want to play in and make sure that the detail level of everything else is minimal,then most engines are perfectly able to support the whole database of players/regens throughout the world. It just takes like 4-5 hours to set the game up,but the processing after that is not as slow as someone would expect it to be. It was roughly as fast as loading my recommended settings when it comes to the amount of leagues I can support.

But it's so much better being able to find players worth signing all around the world and not just looking into the same counties over and over again...on my FM11 I found a superkid in Faroe Islands! Would you believe that?

There is bound to be something that can use a fix in order to make things better. There have been many cases of crashes already,so I think that it does point out that something needs some looking into.

• Administrators

Like Fraz has said, sounds to me like you're just running too much for your system to be able to handle. FM11 and FM12 are different games, just because you ran something in FM11 doesn't mean you can run it in FM12. We can't fix someone's system not being able to handle having every league in the game loaded. If you ignore the 'red' recommendation then I'm afraid there's not much we can do.

FM11 and FM12 are different games, just because you ran something in FM11 doesn't mean you can run it in FM12.

That's still not an excuse to allow crashes going rampart here and there to be honest. And there have been reports about them happening even below the recommended limit,so something else is happening.

Additionally,the crashes happen when playing matches,not when processing in order to "continue",so the database doesn't have much to do with it. Below or above the recommended limit, most pcs seem to be perfectly capable of processing fixtures outside match days sooner or later. The problem is not the processing speed,it's crashes inside the match day. What does the database have to do with that?

I really doubt that getting a runtime error inside the match just before a player scores has anything to do with a wonderkid being generated in Uganda.

That's still not an excuse to allow crashes going rampart here and there to be honest. And there have been reports about them happening even below the recommended limit,so something else is happening.

Additionally,the crashes happen when playing matches,not when processing in order to "continue",so the database doesn't have much to do with it. Below or above the recommended limit, most pcs seem to be perfectly capable of processing fixtures outside match days sooner or later. The problem is not the processing speed,it's crashes inside the match day. What does the database have to do with that?

I really doubt that getting a runtime error inside the match just before a player scores has anything to do with a wonderkid being generated in Uganda.

Yeah, that's what I would have thought. I have the English, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian, Argentinian and German leagues running, which is probably more than is recommended for my computer. At first I just had the English, but the game was ruined by a lack of decent regens, so I had to open more. It worked fine for the first couple of seasons. Someone really needs to increase the number of high calibre regens on the smaller databases.

Archived