Manager Reputation, advice?

Ive started a new game as AS Monaco in Ligue 2, the squad on paper is easily the best in the league. id say im pretty good at setting up the team but I cannot win a game. When watching the game the team never look up for it. Going off tean talks the bets ive had is somebody "looking relaxed" even when I do win and praise them they all switch off. I know this is completely linkned to my managers reputation. The only way to improve this is to win games, gain respect etc which is near impossible because my team never turn up. So my question is what is a good starting reputation or the best way to improve reputation?

Morale Manager 2012 :)

The "right" reputation to choose depends on the type of game you want to play. If you want more of a challenge, choose a lesser reputation, that is, one below the quality of the club you're going to manage. But be careful, taking over a top club and selecting a very poor reputation can get you fired in short order. Plus, as you've seen, the players will ignore you or worse. As for improving reputation, there's no shortcut. It takes time and requires extended success. Every game affects your reputation, even friendlies. Winning leagues and cups and other big games against higher-quality opponents will boost your rep the most.

I know this is completely linkned to my managers reputation.

Well, not completely. Obviously, the type of team talk you select has a large effect on your players' morale reactions.

Archived