+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FM 2012 on iPad 1

Amateur

Default FM 2012 on iPad 1

I use my iPad 1 in landscape mode with the Home button on the left hand side and every time I start the game it opens upside down, this is really annoying!!! Please can this be fixed?

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

It's starting upside down cause you're using it the wrong way round! ;) The home button should be on the right-hand side.

Seriously, I'll see if there's anything we can do, but it should flip to whichever way you're holding it as soon as the menu loads, are you not finding this?

Amateur

well if it was, why would I have posted this as a problem?

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omah1975 View Post
    well if it was, why would I have posted this as a problem?
    This might sound silly but have you checked if you've turned rotation off on your device? (I'll check this on my iPad1 later today - but it worked last year and I haven't changed it since).

Amateur

I'm not sure what you mean by turning rotation off, I had rotation locked, so I unlocked it and tried the game again and it made no difference

Just to double check, can you verify that:

1) In the iPad's Settings->General that 'Mute' is ticked rather than 'Lock Rotation'
    2. If you then go to the home screen, double tap and scroll the bottom bar leftwards, that the circular arrow on the left does not have a padlock inside it. If it does, tap it to remove it.

I've just been testing this on our iPad1 here and it's functioning correctly for us.

Amateur

Yes I have tried that, it still opens upside down

That's a bit puzzling. Could you try powering off the device completely and then turning it on again? The way to do this is to hold down the power button on the side for 3-5 seconds until the 'swipe to power off' appears, and then swipe.

After waiting a few seconds, press the power button again to turn the iPad back on.

Amateur

Really, I never new that, I have only had the iPad just over a year (by the way, that was sarcasm). Anyway, that made no difference whatsoever

Amateur

FYI

My ipad1 starts up side down if i have the home button to the left but then rotates ans is corect when the meny is loaded... Ios 5.0.1

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omah1975 View Post
    Really, I never new that, I have only had the iPad just over a year (by the way, that was sarcasm). Anyway, that made no difference whatsoever
    We aren't trying to teach you to suck eggs or be pedantic - but you might be surprised how many people don't understand some of the basics of their devices like how to fully reboot them.

With regards to this issue neither myself nor QA at SI appear to be able to reproduce it presently on an iPad one - could you indicate the OS version you're using and anything potentially unusual about your device which might help us repeat it (and thus be able to work out a fix for you).

PS - The splash page will always display upside down - however the start page once its active should be the right way up if you let it fully start up, the reason the splash page is upside down is purely that I only put one image into the app for a splash page - each is 1mb in size and I didn't see the point in making the download bigger than it had to be really.

Amateur

my iPad is running iOS 5.0.1

Amateur

I guess I will delete this game then seeing as you can't seem to help me, what a complete waste of money.

We haven't been able to reproduce this issue ourselves, and as we've never heard of anyone else experiencing it there's not a great deal we can do right now.

You could try reinstalling the game after backing up any saves to your computer, and make sure you've triple-checked the rotation lock settings (including the small toggle switch that's on the bottom of the iPad in the orientation you're holding it). If that still doesn't work for you, you could always try holding the device the other way up when playing the game.

Amateur

I know this is an old thread, but mine does the same thing until the main menu loads, then the screen rotates to whichever position I'm holding the iPad. Not sure why that fellow has sour grapes over something so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPancakes View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but mine does the same thing until the main menu loads, then the screen rotates to whichever position I'm holding the iPad. Not sure why that fellow has sour grapes over something so silly.
    Cheers, it's intentional behaviour not to rotate until the main menu has loaded (improves startup performance significantly).

+ Reply to Thread