+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't load my game.

Amateur

Default Can't load my game.

I was playing football manager when suddenly my iphone have no battery and it shut off. When i on my iphone and tried to load the game, i just get stuck at the load page. I usually load my automatic save instead of manual save.

Iphone 3gs, version 5.0.1
    I tried to restart my iphone several times but to no avail..
    Last edited by Yannn; 28-01-2012 at 06:48.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi,

It sounds as if the phone probably shut off while the game was saving, which means the save data is probably corrupted. We're planning to introduce a double rolling autosave so that there's always a backup in circumstances such as this, but in any case we do recommend that you save manually every now and again just to make sure.

If you like, we'd be happy to take a look at your save just to check, but I'm afraid it's unlikely that we'll be able to do anything to fix it. Instructions on how to retrieve the file and send it to us can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...save-game-file

Just to check, when you have been restarting the phone you are fully powering it off by holding the power button down for a few seconds and then swiping?

Amateur

I off my phone by holding the power button for a few seconds and then swiping it.
    Here is my saved file, http://www.mediafire.com/?2aco77g268j405f
    Before i started this thread, i rather much predicted that my file is already corrupted. I tried to reinstall the game and putting back the game, but it still failed. Anyway thank you for replying me, i appreciate it and love your service

Hi, can you email the file to stuart.warren@sigames.com instead please? We're not able to access filesharing sites from here.

Amateur

Hi Alari, the exact same thing has just happened to me. Would I be able to send you my save file to have a look at too please?

I'd hugely appreciate it, as I was just about to play the last game of the season, 2 points clear for promotion from Blue Square North with Blyth... No easy feat I tell you haha

Thanks in advance.

---EDIT---

Could you also advise if you managed to fix Yannn's save file? Just want to know whether I should be getting my hopes up or not... Cheers!
    Last edited by ryanlike; 01-02-2012 at 00:24.

Hi, of course we'd be happy to take a look at your save file, but if it's a problem that's been caused by the power shutting off it is very likely it's corrupt so don't get your hopes up too far.

As far as I'm aware we haven't yet received Yannn's file by email, but I'll double-check with Stu today to make sure.

Amateur

Awesome, cheers mate. I'm at work at the minute, but I'll email it to you tonight.

And thanks for the response. Just like to say the after purchase care/support you guys provide for this game seems unprecedented from what I've seen on these forums. Other games publishers could learn a lot from you. Keep up the good work!

Thanks again!

Hi ryanlike, got your save now!

Initial indications are something in the training setup is corrupted, afraid I can't tell you yet whether there is missing data or not or a chance of salvaging the savegame. I've now passed it onto the coding team so they can take a closer look, and we'll let you know if there's any news.

Amateur

Ok, thanks for looking

I'll keep checking here for updates.

Thanks again!

Amateur

Its, alright i don't need my file to be fix cause i just started off with my last save. Which is like.. 1season before .. haha no choice
    Anyway, good luck ryanlike! i hope your file can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlike View Post
    Ok, thanks for looking

I'll keep checking here for updates.

Thanks again!
    Hi again,

We've tried to repair your save but unfortunately it turned out not to be recoverable, there was apparently around 300kb of missing competitions data at the end of the file. What appears to have happened is that the OS has told the game to try and save as the battery was about to die, but the device shut off just before the game had finished doing this, leading the data to be incomplete.

Apologies that this has happened to your game and that we've been unable to fix it, to hopefully counteract this happening in future we're implementing a rolling autosave feature so that there'll always be a backup from the week before in the case that the save does become corrupted.

Amateur

No problem. Thanks for checking anyway Alari, much appreciated

I've learned my lesson, and make a manual save every now and again on my new career.

Thanks again Alari!

+ Reply to Thread