Low league Bonus

Hi

I'm currently in league 1 with Corby Town. Due to tight finances I decided I'd only offer a low league bonus to the players.

As soon as I did that a few players morale went straight to abysmal. these were the ones with the "PR" icon by their names and it said they were disappointed with the low collective bonus.

I also noticed all the other players morale was "fairly poor" or "poor" as well despite nothing mentioned about the low bonus in their profiles.

Now I'm 20 games into the season we are cruising on top of the league 9 points ahead with a game in hand. We're in great form too.

Despite this no players morale seems to stay above okay. After a good win it goes up to good or occasionally "very good" only to be fairly poor or worse again by the time the next game comes around.

Can anybody tell me will this soon go away or am I going to have to try to win the league with a squad full of low morale players?

Well we all know football players are moneygrabbers :p

About the morale, I always set high bonusses and a couple of my players have "happy that good performances will be rewarded" or something like that in their general happiness whole season long, so yeah it seems that it affects the entire season.

Don't think it will go away, the ones that have bad morale probably are ambitious and care a lot about the bonuses they are getting that's why i always pick at least a normal bonus.

I usually pick normal in FM12 too. I picked low often in the last FM on Liverpool and only one or 2 players got effected. This year though everybody seems to be effected even if it says nothing in their profile.

Since we're playing so well and well above expectations I find it hard to believe morale should still be so low.

I usually pick normal in FM12 too. I picked low often in the last FM on Liverpool and only one or 2 players got effected. This year though everybody seems to be effected even if it says nothing in their profile.

Since we're playing so well and well above expectations I find it hard to believe morale should still be so low.

Well no matter how well they'll do, they'll still get a low bonus at the end of the season... :lol:

I always pick normal at least, and sometimes high for Champions League if we're really close to winning a CL title and that extra financial incentive might push them over the top.

Well I'm 30 games in (Middle of february) and the effects seem to have finally wore off. No more poor morale for the whole team when we're on a good run. For the first time since the season started I have players with fairly good morale.

Happy days.

I learnt the hard way not to chose low bonuses. Absolutely destroys the morale and it won't start picking up untill the seasons nearly over. Luckily I still managed to get promoted.

Completely agree. Never again will I pick low league bonus. Somehow I've gotten away with it. Lesson learnt still though.

I always go high - it's expensive but provides a bonus that lasts for a long time. Of course you can win things with low bonuses but it's harder - and if you're a team like Man U is it really worth making things more difficult for yourself when the £ difference must be chicken feed to you?

I was pretty disappointed to see everything I'd earned in prize money from winning the Johnstone's Paint Trophy went straight to the players last year tho :(

• 1 year later...

I have used low bonus' before because it was the right thing to do for the club. A few players were upset but after about 15 or so games it seemed to even itself out. As long as the results are acceptable, it doesn't matter if a few players want to sulk :)

I think it would be nice to be able to set the team prize money budget through a team meeting where you can explain why you are setting the level you are and the players can air their concerns if they wish too.

Archived