Why isnt player instruction player specific ???

The instructions are not player specific. They are called player instructions but they are position instuctions.

What i mean is ,, when you come back to the tactic screen for your next game,,, if you have changed players for whatever reason,, the instructions you set for that player are automatically assigned to the new player.

How difficult would it be so that all the slider options related to that player selected only and not just the player in that position at that time ?????

The players all have slightly different attributes and key skills that I may want to take advantage of. For eg one of my left wingers is naturally left footed and good at crossing,, so I set his instructions to get to the bye line line and cross to the target man,,,,,,on the other hand my other Left winger is right footed good at dribbling and not so at crossing,, so I want him to cut inside .

As it is now for every game if i rotate them then i have to reset their player instructions as the game just retains them in the position of the last player in that role. And thats only one position,, if i have numerous players that all have different skills the im going to have to spend ages changing through all the slider options before every game.

Why cant the game just remember the instructions for each player ,, Be fine if i ask a player to play in a role he not usually played in to have to change again,, but that would be my call then.

I dont want to spend ages before each match re-assigning instructions i have done time and time over,, in real life do you think Sir Alex has to explain to Giggs how to play down the wing EVERY time he plays him there !!!

With regards to your point about a winger going inside or to the byline simply changing roles in the tactic may give you the required effect. So if you play with a winger he will look to run to the byline and cross but playing him as an inside forward will see him looking to cut inside onto his stronger foot.

Unfortunately if your looking at more advanced changes to a player you will have to do these each time I believe. Not much help i'm afraid but if you don't use tactical sliders too much and instead rely on player roles, like myself, it is not too bad.

Agree. E.g, you have a AMC (I think is Advanced Midfielder Centre in english, i'm from argentina, sorry) with 20 in long shots. You sub him with another AMC with 13 in long shots... should you remember him every match that he shouldn't shoot from long range as much as the other player? Come on..

Yes. Player specific instructions. Absolutely.

Its really not as simple as people seem to think and there are areas where player specific instructions would cause problems as has been discussed in other threads.

eg: You have strikers swopping - say a supporting target man & an attacking advanced forward. You would want your target man taking long shots but if he then swopped his position to AF how many complaints would we see of him taking long shots rather than bearing down on goal.

Players that play multi positions would cause even more problems as instructions given for a DL might not be suitable or even available for a ML or DC.

Basically tactics should always be built in logical order - Formation > Position/Roles > Players. Therefore it makes sense that instructions are position/role based.

Its really not as simple as people seem to think and there are areas where player specific instructions would cause problems as has been discussed in other threads.

eg: You have strikers swopping - say a supporting target man & an attacking advanced forward. You would want your target man taking long shots but if he then swopped his position to AF how many complaints would we see of him taking long shots rather than bearing down on goal.

Players that play multi positions would cause even more problems as instructions given for a DL might not be suitable or even available for a ML or DC.

Basically tactics should always be built in logical order - Formation > Position/Roles > Players. Therefore it makes sense that instructions are position/role based.

Agree with this, if you have a player who you usually play AML as a winger and have him set up to hug the touchline and play down the wing, but then due to injuries you have to switch him to AMC but he kept the instructions he in no way perform well. I think the current set up is perfect, as previously mentioned changing the roles is usually enough.

Optional player instructions saved... you know, e.g., just adjust long shots and run with the ball, doesn't matter which position is he playing...

see, i always thought that if your players 'swap positions', that they would keep their instructions any way.

so you have a poacher as the left of your two strikers, and a target man as the right of your two strikers (442 formation) if they swap positions, the target man will move to the left and the poacher, the right - but they would keep their instructions as Target Man/Poacher.

i mean, i may want suarez and kuyt to swap sides every now and then but i dont want suarez turning into a defensive striker and kuyt a trequartista.

Optional player instructions saved... you know, e.g., just adjust long shots and run with the ball, doesn't matter which position is he playing...

So you want your DL/DR to run with ball, what about if he also plays DC? Do you still want him running with the ball?

What about a MC, how about if they drop to an anchor man role do you still want him potentially losing possession in front of your DCs?

see, i always thought that if your players 'swap positions', that they would keep their instructions any way.

so you have a poacher as the left of your two strikers, and a target man as the right of your two strikers (442 formation) if they swap positions, the target man will move to the left and the poacher, the right - but they would keep their instructions as Target Man/Poacher.

i mean, i may want suarez and kuyt to swap sides every now and then but i dont want suarez turning into a defensive striker and kuyt a trequartista.

I would like to see a swop sides added for strikers & wingers, maybe in the team instructions for certain formations.

Players roles should be player specific during a match. I have an AML playing as a Advanced Playmaker and a AMR playing as an Inside Forward, and I often want them to swap ... with their roles. At the moment if you set them to swap you'll have your former advanced playmaker playing as an IF, and your ex-IF playing as an APM. You should really chose, along with "swap with ..." tactical option, a tick box "swap roles".

I should be able to assign specific instructions or roles to players via their action menu, which override any preset tactical instructions during a match. As it stands now, if I put a player on the pitch and forget to change the role/instruction from the last guy, he's ineffective because he's not playing to his strengths. I'd rather have a set of instructions assigned to him which override any tactical settings I have during a match. That way, even if I should change them (because I'm trying to defend a lead or something) but forget, at least he's on the pitch playing to his strengths rather than playing to unfamiliar instructions.

Should have been in years ago.

So you want your DL/DR to run with ball, what about if he also plays DC? Do you still want him running with the ball?

What about a MC, how about if they drop to an anchor man role do you still want him potentially losing possession in front of your DCs?

you could say the same about how its currently set up.

i have Montolivo as a central midfield as AM. but if i swap him out for Spearing, do i really want Spearing playing as an AM?

in my own experience, i am more likely to have to make individual instruction changes as it currently stands, with instructions being position specific, than if they were player specific.

if i have player speciifc instructions to attack and i move that player to defensive midfield, then i'd be happy to change the tactics because its less likely than subbing one CM for another.

I have to agree. It's quite annoying when you sub/rotate two different types of players in the same position. As for the different position part it shouldn't be hard to save a specific instructions for more than one position.

Would also like to see this improved for set pieces. When I have to sub out a tall player for a small player I don't want to have to change my entire set pieces set up because otherwise my small player would be the target of my crosses. Why can't I just make a list of "targets" just like I can make lists for penalty/free kick/corner takers? Then instead of saying that my DCR is on the far post I can say I want my best header on the far post, 2nd best goes to near post and then when my best header is taken off, my 2nd best will switch to far post, 3rd best goes to near post etc.

Archived