Injuries..Bad luck or a conspiracy?

My 25 man squad of internationals are top of the league with 8 games to go, the (mighty) Arsenal on my coat-tails, in FA Cup semi & Champs league 1/4 final & have suddenly become plagued by long term injuries - in match, not training. Re-called my on loan 'Wonderkid' striker, on for 5 mins & now out for rest of season too.

This happened to me many seasons back, when I was fighting for a play-off place in league1 and am now wondering if it's a deliberate ploy..even the decent kids in the reserves are crocked.

My point being, are injuries random or deliberately designed to make me wanna throw my monitor/ keyboard / and or computer out the window!!

I have no comment whether the game cheats or not. Call it constant bad luck. icon_biggrin.gif

But it seems like my PSV side has many injuries (most from my state-of-the-art training facilities) every single season, and it's different players too. I do feel suspicious when my PSV side has 5 first-team players out for at least 3 weeks while Ajax has NO injuries.

Injury crisis is part of RL FM, so happens in Game on a frequent basis. It's the reason why I buy GK backups but in general means a large squad and unhappy players, so you have to manage your resources.

• SI Staff

There is no conspiracy here. If you are picking up lots of injuries near the end of a season is it possible you are playing players who are tired as they might be more prone to picking up an injury.

I dont think the AI is "cheating" but i have noticed aswell when it comes to injuries that when it rains it pours.

I rarely get long term injuries(thankfully) due to my training and the fact i have 2 first teams which i switch every game so no player plays more than 30 games a season.

Every now and again though you seem to go through a period of constant injuries which you can do nothing about

There seems to be like a disaster scenario that hits managers at random times throughout your career.

This does happen to teams - West ham had more players in treatment room than they had playing at some stages last season - so it would make sense if there was some kind of "worst case scenario" coding that hits you every now and again to give you the experience of having to get through this kind of challenge just like managers do IRL.

Its frustrating but hey so everything else about this game when your plans go belly up lol

i have often a stead 1 or 2 injured but i rarely have them, and i rotate my squad for things like cup games or so they dont play 3 times in a week when u get near the end of the season. its just a matter of taking precautions. if ur squad isnt large enough its only to be expected that you will end up paying for it

so it would make sense if there was some kind of "worst case scenario" coding that hits you every now and again to give you the experience of having to get through this kind of challenge just like managers do IRL.

No it wouldn't. That would be the AI being coded to cheat. Injuries are generally down to bad luck and some other factors which can be hard to pinpoint. Im a Wednesday fan so I know all about having nearly a full team out injured. Mostly it's bad luck.

The only change that could take place and not upset anything is making training facilities have an impact on how many injuries you get (as I beleive is half of the problem at Wednesday). That is, if it's not like that already.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gazukuk

lmao. I just did a search on does the game cheat and this is the first post that popped up.

I'm sorry but there's something in it. I sign a new midfielder and within a week an existing midfielder (that never gets injured) goes and breaks a leg.

I was winning in a play off game comfortably. 30 mins to go and they bang in 5 unanswered goals.

Something fishy.

Originally posted by gazukuk:

I'm sorry but there's something in it. I sign a new midfielder and within a week an existing midfielder (that never gets injured) goes and breaks a leg.

I was winning in a play off game comfortably. 30 mins to go and they bang in 5 unanswered goals.

Something fishy.

Lol, yet another example of when the going gets bad blame the AI. Most people would say that a midfielder that "never gets injured" is more fishy than him suddenly breaking his leg.

As for the 5 goals in 30 inutes, can I just ask, did the AI change to a more attacking formation and did you counteract it?

The game does not cheat. Injuries happen and poor tactics result in conceded goals.

lmao. I just did a search on does the game cheat and this is the first post that popped up.

Something fishy.

Outstanding undeniable proof that the AI cheats, again!

I'm quite glad that the AI cheats!

I just got knocked out of the UEFA cup in the first round 4 - 3 on agg after winning the 1st leg 3 - 0. at first I thought it was down to my risk of not putting a GK on the bench, and my keeper getting sent off after 3 min, and playing a weakend team but PHEW! its the cheating AI to blame all along! icon_wink.gif

Something fishy.

FM would be too easy if it wasn't for the AI cheating icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived