Start at the bottom - Finish at the top?

Dan BHTFC

Well, I've decided to try a career save, I've got England down to Level 8, France, Germany, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Italy and Spain loaded up plus players based in England, top clubs in Europe, current International players in Oceania and the Caribbean.

So I start unemployed with previous experience as Semi-Pro and there are quite a few jobs available but I'm going to wait a few months and see if anyone approaches me.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's now November still no offers so I have applied for all current vacancies and despite offers from Spain and Italy I have now joined the ranks of......

20824.png

CLITHEROE FOOTBALL CLUB

Evo-Stik Northern League Division 1 North

I had a decent offer from Sevilla Atletico but the North of England was calling me. Clitheroe are struggling near the bottom of the league, they had a Consortium takeover in July, there's a lot of wage budget available so I'll be looking at free transfers and loans to take the team up the league and I have signed a contract until the end of the season.

The club are already out of the F.A Cup and F.A Trophy so my sole aim is to push up the the table. Updates will be monthly.

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - November 2011 - Clitheroe F.C

clitheroefixturesfixtur.png

Well, we've struggled this month, I have brought in a virtually brand new squad but we just cannot dominate games. There aren't many quality players who want to join a team near the bottom of the league. We need a experienced Centre Half which is very hard to find! I hope we can get some points in December otherwise I think I might lose my job!

evostiknorthernleaguedi.png

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - December 2011 - Clitheroe F.C

What a better month that was, we are still lacking quality but we are within reach of the play-offs. It is now a whole new squad as most of the old one weren't even good enough for the reserves!

We deserved 3 points over Wakefield but they scored 2 early goals which dented our confidence but I was impressed by sub striker David Graham.

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - January 2012 - Clitheroe F.C

Incosistancy is the word of the month! Our home form is fine but away from home we are struggling and I have tried everything possible to change this but alas nowt!

I love being at this club but I can honestly see me somewhere else in the Summer or even before unless I can tempt some loan signings in.

Our best player has been Benjamin Martha, the player from Curaçao has played well but I really expected him to score more than he has

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - February 2012 - Clitheroe F.C

Another bad month, I'm really thinking about resigning and looking for work elsewhere. We really struggled at Garforth and were lucky not to lose by more,I'm going to give it another month before deciding on my future up North.

Well, after thinking it over all night I have decided to stick it out with Clitheroe, maybe stay until the end of the season and then see what's out there.

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - March 2012 - Clitheroe F.C

Things go from bad to worse, I'm really hoping I can stay up to bring in some decent youngsters in the Summer, this club needs a total reshuffle, I thought I had bought in good players but I was seriously wrong, the sooner the season finishes the better in my opinion!

evostikleaguefirstdivis.png

Next season there will be more in depth write ups on my updates, just trying to go through this season as quick as I can!

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - April 2012 - Clitheroe F.C

We just managed to stay up by one point, it was a tense game at Durham and when they scored in the 88th minute I was thinking the worst. 90% of this team will be released as I look at bringingin some decent teenagers to move us up the league, roll on Pre-Season!

Summary

Season      Team            Country        League                      Position       Notes and Info
2011/12     Clitheroe       England        NPL Division 1 North        20th           N/A

SEASON 2012/2013

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - August 2012 - Clitheroe F.C

Well, I couldn't have asked for a better start. We start games slowly but I have managed to bring in some decent Youth players released from local Football League clubs, with most coming from Accrington and Tranmere. I was really surprised to get Jake Kirby, he is a real talent and I hope I can get him under a Part-Time contract soon. The attendances have gone up by 100, I'm happy about that because it means extra income. The F.A Cup is up next and a trip to Burnham Ramblers, we should progress but it is the F.A Cup!

Summary

Season      Team            Country        League                      Position       Notes and Info
2011/12     Clitheroe       England        NPL Division 1 North        20th           N/A

SEASON 2012/2013

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - September 2012 - Clitheroe F.C

Not a good month at all, we are leaking too many goals and then falling apart completelym a change of tactics maybe on the cards.

The F.A Cup with Budweiser

I fully expected the win the first 2 matches but the 3rd was a surprise, we dominated from the start, I changed from a 4-1-2-3 formation to a standard 4-4-2 and it seems to have worked, a few more wins would be nice in this competition then a nice 1st Round tie!

Summary

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - October 2012 - Clitheroe F.C

Thought I'd stick everything into one picture! We went out the F.A Cup, unfortunatly we conceded late, I thought we deserved a replay. In the League we played 4 and won 4, I really hope we can keep this up. We played Bamber Bridge 3 times in a row, losing once, luckily in a Cup game, it's the points I'm looking for now!

We also got through the F.A Trophy, a good run in this would be good for the coffers.

Summary

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - November 2012 - Clitheroe F.C

Another good month, we are going nicely in the League and also beating Blue Square North side Hinckley in the F.A Trophy was good. We are still in 3 cups, I'm hoping we can win one of them, this club needs silverware. My team is awfully young, I'm still picking up the Football League Youth castoffs who are almost there for my first team, next year I expect the average age of my squad to be 20 years old.

evostikleaguefirstdivism.png

Summary

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - December 2012 - Clitheroe F.C

Apart from the blip at Farsley I'm happy with our performances. Barrow outplayed us and we deserved to go out. We are still up for the League title but Fylde are playing really well. My balance currently stands at -£75,000, it's been like that for 6 months now, I'm not too worried.

Summary

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - January 2013 - Clitheroe F.C

Plodding along again, still not quite able to overtake AFC Fylde. I've been linked to Fleetwood and Stockport, nice to know I'm being noticed but I've added some leagues so I'm hoping to get a good job in Europe.

Summary

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - February 2013 - Clitheroe F.C

Oh dear, we have a wobble! No win in the League this month but we progressed in 2 League Cups, I'll be happy if we reach the Play-Offs at this rate! We have had loads of shots on goal but very few on target, it might be time to tweak my tactics slightly. Bedlington Teriers scored in injury time, we need to win our games in hand if we are to challenge for the automatic promotion spot.

Summary

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - March 2013 - Clitheroe F.C

Inconsistent month, we are top of the table with 5 games to go, it's going to be tough but I have brought in Leam Richardson who was released from Accrington Stanley to add a bit of experience and it has helped the team. We are through to the Division Cup final and the League Cup Final, hopefully we can get some silverware.

Summary

20824.png

Dan BHTFC - April 2013 - Clitheroe F.C

Well, I don't know how we managed it but we won the league on the last day. 3 late goals secured our win at Salford and now the club can look forward moving up a step in the Pyramid. We lost the Division 1 Cup but we won the big one in front of a record crowd at Shawbridge. I'm not sure on my future, I might stay for another year and see how it goes unless there is an offer I can't refuse as I'm still being linked to Blue Square Premier sides.

Here is my squad, our goalkeeper played every single game, he won me points, he lost me points but at least he didn't get injured!

Summary

2012/13     Clitheroe       England        NPL Division 1 North         1st           League Winners, Alan Doodson Cup Winners

I have moved into International management when I got offered this poisition.......

India_FA.svg

INDIA UNDER 19'S

This is the team I have to chose from, I see this a a good step for me to get my reputation increased. In a couple of years it will be the main Asia Under 19's Championship Qualifiers so i will be trying to get a decent team together for then. There is some quality but not a lot but I'm hoping more regens come through.

Archived