+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Youth players promoted - Portugal

Amateur

Default Youth players promoted - Portugal

Is this a fault? Just started my 2nd season in charge of Estoril in the Portugese 2nd division, and during the whole of July and August 2012 I had over 50 youth players promoted, all of which would struggle to make it into a Sunday league pub team. Now I've been to Estoril, and there isn't 50 kids there, let alone wannabee footballers!

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

I agree this sounds a little excessive. Can I just check a couple of things as it'll help me get an idea of the situation and make it easier to reproduce here.

- Were you running Portugal only or any background leagues as well?
    - Roughly how many players were in your squad before the youth players started being promoted?
    - Does it look like the same thing has happened with other clubs in your division?
    - Are the squads for the top-division teams looking large/full?
    - Were most of the players promoted Portuguese?
    - Have you edited any data at all?

Of course I'll look into it here as well, but if you could provide any of the info I've mentioned that would be a great help. Thanks a lot for bringing this up!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Alari View Post
    I agree this sounds a little excessive. Can I just check a couple of things as it'll help me get an idea of the situation and make it easier to reproduce here.

- Were you running Portugal only or any background leagues as well? Yes, Portugal only
    - Roughly how many players were in your squad before the youth players started being promoted? Roughly 25 in my squad, and 0 in my reserves, when I play English only leagues I tend to have around 25 in my squad, nice manageable number
    - Does it look like the same thing has happened with other clubs in your division? No, only mine
    - Are the squads for the top-division teams looking large/full? Yes, most have on average 30-35 players
    - Were most of the players promoted Portuguese? All of them
    - Have you edited any data at all? No, never do

Of course I'll look into it here as well, but if you could provide any of the info I've mentioned that would be a great help. Thanks a lot for bringing this up!
    Just to point out also, I'm now in my 4th season, and both the start of this, and the previous seasons have again seen around 30 youth players promoted, and I think out of over a hundred players coming through the ranks only around 3 have been good enough for my first team straight away. Any player with a po0tential of less than 4 stars I just release, but of course a problem is, especially when scouting for players pre-season is you miss quite a few messages also.

Amateur

Update: Start of season 5, around 15 youth players promoted, 12 of which I released straight away, and start of season 6 unbelievably not 1 youth player was promoted to my first team squad!

Interesting! We are aware of an issue regarding distribution of regions that was fixed in update 1 for iPhone. It's possible it may have been present in PSP as well, if you look at other clubs in your division does there look to be one that has a sudden influx of regens this year?

Amateur

I'm starting my 7th season tonight, I'll have a look and report back to you as soon as I can.

Having had a look at this I think it's probably related to the issue that was fixed for iPhone.

Bear in mind that in general if you are playing with a league with only a couple of divisions as the only active nation, the clubs in the bottom division with relatively small squads are liable to get a reasonably large number of youth players promoted in any case, as that's where the greatest number of available slots are.

+ Reply to Thread