How do you see yourself as a manager?

Just for abit of fun, as i know we have some witty folks amongst us, and i also know im not the only one...

So how do you see yourself as manager on the game in your own head?

Are you an AVB crouching manager hidden tactics? A Mick Mccarthy barking blunt instructions from the touchline? A waterbottle thrower? Sit and take it all in?

I myself would be a kicking waterbottles up in the air berating the 4th official sort of manager i think, i would be well aquainted with spending time in the stands for critising match officials.

How about you lot?

Im a watching movies on my other monitor and browsing the internet while the game plays out on medium speed, key highlights while occasionally shouting at how dumb my players are/how amazing they are.. kind of manager

:) I always praise my players like Harry no matter how they play but too many bad games they are out the door,never talk to them on a personal basis,anyone who gets in the way is gone,i dont have time to mess around,so i'll stretch the rules to suit!

I have evolved over the years. No longer am I stupidly sentimental, offering a 55 year old Robert Pires 20k p/w to pull the fabled shirt on one more time. I have learned to keep the wage budget down, buy young, and ship those superfluous to requirements out the door for what is typically a healthy profit. In terms of style, I see myself as a Martin O'Neill - shrewd, astute analysis of what I see on the field. I stand stoic with the folded arms much of the time, but when someone does something very special I pump my fist in the air get giddy as a schoolboy.

I am very similar to Arsene Wenger. I ask my players to walk the ball into the goal, never spend my wage budget, never see any sort of major incident and chat up young kids so they sign for me.
Haha, exactly this. Add to that the "no understanding of tactics whatsoever", which I think qualifies as "Wenger-esque". Just... go out there, my pretties! Score! Don't look at me, score!

chewing alot of gum and shouting and screaming when we miss open goals and sitters, since i do that already, alot of desk banging and screaming when we beat a big team or score late or even concede late and the usual scouse inspired conspircy theories when someone keeper becomes a super hero only against team

I am like Jose, I criticise all my rivals, and alot of people hate me :D (the fans, the players and my staff they all love me)

as tactical beliefs we are different, I play a more attacking game

and as club management I try to get the best youngsters and make a wonderkid squad

I believe a manager that's shouting on the touchline for 90min is a manager that hasn't done his homework.90% of the manager's job is before the game and 10min on halftime(+ subs).That is why i see myself sitting on the bench and writing something into a black notebook(more like master Mourinho-even if my team leads with 2-0 after 10min in the CL final i will just sit back with an iron face and look like i am quite bored).I will never conplain about referee 's decisions...except when the referee is Chris Foy,of course!

Probably a lot like Mark Hughes to be honest (though I know he isn't exactly popular right now). The type of manager I project is:

Egotistical, highly ambitious, forceful personality, not arrogant (but not exactly humble either), tactically astute, serious, unsentimental, canny and combative.

I might have said Jose Mourinho, but i'm not nearly mischievous enough :D

Is there a manager like me?

I focus almost exclusively on youth with 90% of my acquisitions being under 18 and not uncommonly 12 of my 16-strong match-day squad will be teenagers.

I'm also very active on the touchline, altering things through my shouts about a dozen times per game.

I'm utterly monogamous - I would never contemplate leaving the club I start with after moulding it entirely in my own image.

I'm a Paolo di Canio, full of passion and anger, except I'd probably end up offering the 4th official out for a fight

Snap - I think I'd add punching the odd official or player, mine or theirs.

Plus decking the chairman who's promised me a large transfer budget only to reveal 3 shiney kopecks when I take the job.

I am the kind of manager who sticks the the same tactic constantly, a tactic that ensures goals, I spend all my transfer money on attacking players because there is no point buying good defenders when you can simply out score the opposition. I am usually calm on the touchline and keep my emotions in check until half time and full time where I either extravagantly lavish praise on my players or verbally beat them half to death. Once every 5 or 6 matches my calm touchline demeanour goes away and I melt down into a swearing angry psychopath constantly having a go at my players during the game.

The playing style of Pep - If we keep ze ball they cannot score wiv ze ball

The nature of King Kenny - Usualy very reserved and full of praise but not afraid to give a scathing judgement of my players

The anger managerment issues of Paulo Di Canio - Does that need any explaining

The money management of Hary Redknapp - Im in court tommorow

Dugout - Wenger, I grin when I win but when I lose, you can see the expression on my face, I'm not very verbal but I can occasionally shout a couple of angry words.

Man Management - Sir Alex Ferguson, I try not to be harsh but if my team deserve it then they will get my full rage

Media - Roberto Mancini, not afraid to share my views but also don't say anything that could get me into too much trouble.

Tactics - Most bottom half Prem managers, I like to keep my tactics simple, 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 for me depending on my teams strengths.

Transfers - Arsene Wenger, I aim for the young players and would prefer to spend money on multiple players rather than 1 big signing.

Archived