+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 2520

Thread: Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    I think you jinxed yourself by posting that new defensive record :S
    Like calling for a shut out in the 2nd period of a hockey game...

Subs Bench

I think you jinxed yourself by posting that new defensive record :S
    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Unlucky 13th game.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Like calling for a shut out in the 2nd period of a hockey game...
    I though all the same thin gs as you guys.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

Although I was disappointed that we conceded our first league goal of the campaign, I can't complain and say this wasn't a good month for us. Although Chelea are struggling this term, a 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge is still a good result. After the international break we cut Bolton to pieces with Jason Malpas in top form. After that was Spurs away, where we drew 1-1. The dra was a fair result, but to concede s late as we did was disappointing. We fiinished the month off with a solid win at home to Everton, a resulted that kept us tucked in behind United at the top of the table.

League Cup - 4th Round

A good performance from the League Cup side, with Nduka Agu performing excellently in getting his first goals for the club. In the quarter finals we face West Ham, again at the Etihad.

Subs Bench

October 2020 Continued

Champions League

A simply outstanding performance from the lads. Neymar had actually been on a bit of a goal drought before this atch, but really came to life when given the lone striker role for a chance. Lucas Moura was also excellent, and now headng into matchday four we are in a very good position.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 08-06-2012 at 21:11.

Chelsea in the drop zone

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatTraveler View Post
    Chelsea in the drop zone
    Yep, they've really struggled this term after Remi Garde left in the summer for PSG.

Swansea up there as well . Nice result against Rangers.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Swansea up there as well . Nice result against Rangers.
    Indeed the Swansa are doing well. However just after that image was taken their manager, Carlo Ancelotti, left to rejoin AC Milan. Quique Flores has been appointed as Swansea's new manager, their fourth appointment since I left the club!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Yep, they've really struggled this term after Remi Garde left in the summer for PSG.
    Probably won't last, as interesting as it is.

Subs Bench

Probably won't last, as interesting as it is.
    I quite agree. Hopefully though some of their players will get frustrated and want to leave. I have my eye on one or two of them.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

I think the best way to describe this month is average. It started well enough with a 3-0 win against Watford, though the downside to that was Jason Malpass picking up a knock which would keep him out for 3-4 weeks. We followed that with an ugly win away at Aston Villa. My former club Swansea came to the Etihad next, and with new manager Quiqe Flores in the hotseat they performed well and earned a draw. The month finished aay at Newcastle, and a drab goaless draw was played out.

Up next in the league is a home game againt West Brom.

Subs Bench

November 2020 Continued

Champions League

We secured our place in the next round of the Champions League with a 4-2 win in Scotland against Rangers. Neymar was again in top form, though the game was a real ding dong affair with them taking the lead twice before we eventually overcame them thanks to the Samba stars. After that we rew 0-0 with PSG to secure tp spot. They came to defend, and indeed did just that.

We finish our group fixtures off with a trip to Bosnia to face Zelijeznicar.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 09-06-2012 at 10:22.

Subs Bench

Another record;

You posted the record. It will get broken in the next match.

Reserves

Hands up if you think he lost the next match.

Semi Pro

*Raises hand*

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatTraveler View Post
    You posted the record. It will get broken in the next match.
    Hands up if you think he lost the next match.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    *Raises hand*
    I've actually played three games since then and haven't lost any of them!

Reserves

OK, the next one then ;)

Subs Bench

I'm not quite sure who got the better Christmas present out of this; me for more than doubling my salary, or City for having the privilege of having me at the club for another couple of seasons?

Last edited by tomtuck01; 09-06-2012 at 23:35.

Youth Team

A 36...now 39 game unbeaten streak is almost an entire season! Congrats.

Subs Bench

A 36...now 39 game unbeaten streak is almost an entire season! Congrats.
    Thanks alot dude.

To be honest it's nice to go unbeaten so long, but it's really not something I prioritise.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2020 - Manchester City

Premier League

A near perfect month, with only Birmingham preventing us from winning seven from seven! The ost pleasing aspect on the month wasn't the calibre of some of the teams we beat, it was the fact that we kept cleansheets in all of those victories. The only game we were particularly fortunate in was against Arsenal who gave us a bit of a battering after we took the lead early on. Aside from that we had comfortable wins against Liverpool and city rivals Mancheter United, and although not by dominating scorelines, very comfortable wins over West Brom, Fulham, and Wigan.

Next up in the Premier League is a home game against Southampton.

League Cup - Quarter Final

Poor performance, and it took one of my regular first teamers to come from the bench to snatch it in extra time. However, we are into the semi finals so I can't complain. We face Chelsea in the tw legged affair, whilt the other semi is between Bolton and Championship side QPR.

Subs Bench

December 2020 Continued

Champions League

A good finish to the group stages with a 4-0 win in Bosnia. the most pleasing aspect was that I tried out a new formation against them, one that I hope to develop more in the future.

In the 1st knockout round we have been given a very tricky tie against mega rich Atletico Madrid, who are managed by Roberto Mancini.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 10-06-2012 at 02:01.

Subs Bench

So nearly a perfect month!

A bit annoyed/disappointed that we didn't have more in the side to be perfectly honest.

Not surprised to see you lift the Manager of the Month Award. Brilliant month .

Im guessing you are looking for yet another League Cup? ;). How many will that be for you in how many seasons?

Subs Bench

Not surprised to see you lift the Manager of the Month Award. Brilliant month .

Im guessing you are looking for yet another League Cup? ;). How many will that be for you in how many seasons?
    Thanks alot dude.

And yes, once I get to the semi-final stage of the League Cup I tend to take it a bit more seriously, and that won't change this season. If we do go on to win it, it will be my third in three years with City, and seventh in eight seasons overall. The one I didn't win in 2008 was when I was only managing England.

Reserves

Wow, just 3 goals conceded in the league!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

Three games, three ceansheets, but only to wins. We opened up with two good wins against Southampton and West Ham, the latter alot more comfortable than the 1-0 scoreline suggests. The Ipswich game is just one of those you put down to bad day at the office for the strikers. We dominated the game, having 68% of the possession and 16 attempts to their four, but the ball just wouldn't go in. We're still three point clear though, so at the minute all is well.

Up next is a trip to the black country to face Wolves.

FA Cup - 3rd and 4th Rounds

Two very good performances against Championsip opposition. We took our time in breaking Stoke down, and indeed it was substiture Jason Malpass wh had to do. After that we scored a couple more late on to make the game safe. Against Scunthorpe we took the lead early and never looked back - it was as comfortable as it could get.

The fifth round sees us face Championship oppoition again, this time with a trip to Middlesbrough.

Subs Bench

January 2021 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

Another League Cup final awaits us! We were fantatic in the first leg, completely tearing them apart in their own backyard. In the second leg I rested one or two players, but we still won comfortably enough to finih the tie with a 4-0 aggregate win.

In the final we face Bolton Wanderers.

Transfer Activity

Sadly Neymar picked up an injury this month which will almot certainly rule him out for the rest of the season. I debated whether or not to bring anyone in or whether to stick with what I had, which would have meant putting my trust in a young player in the AML spot. I decided that an older head would be required in this intance. Rather than going out and spending a load of money on someone who in the long term I don't really need, I went for a short term solution and instead brought somebody in on loan for the rest of the campaign;

Danny Welbeck
    For some reason he was on the transfer list at Swansea, so I thought I'd just see if they were willing to loan him out - and thankfully they were. He joins us for a loan fee of £875,000 and we are paying all of his £60,000p/w wages. If he manages just one important goal or assist before the end of the season, I will see this a successful deal.

EDIT; - Amazingly though after the transfer window had just shut I noticed another of my Swansea old boys was available on a free transfer. With alot of fxitures still to come in the remaining months of the season, I thought "why not?" and so brought him in until the end of the season;

Scott Sinclair
    He may be 31 now, but he still has his raw pace. Could prove to be a useful outlet when given the chance. He's only on £25,000p/w, and if he impresses maybe he could earn another yera at the club?

Last edited by tomtuck01; 10-06-2012 at 13:42.

Amateur

Continued great work. Keep it up!

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Continued great work. Keep it up!
    Thanks alot fella.

Reserves

Good results against comfortable opposition.

Third Team

Doing brilliantly,still bit of the season to go and hope your able to carry on the impressive form.

Subs Bench

Good results against comfortable opposition.
    Thanks. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Doing brilliantly,still bit of the season to go and hope your able to carry on the impressive form.
    Cheers. Just hope the Swansea old boys provide adequate cover for Neymar.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2020/21 - Manchester City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

We were rather fortunate perhaps that we were drawn at home in every round until the two legged semi-final. And to be honest my changed line-up nearly came a cropper in the quarter final against West Ham, though we got through in the end. The semi against Chelsea was outstanding, and set up a final gainst our Lancashire rivals - Botlon.

The Final
    vs.Bolton Wanderers

The scoreline may not be flattering, but the domination we had in this game speaks for its self. As ever when we needed a goal, it was Jason Malpass who stood up to be counted, converting from Kyle Walker's cross.

That's now three League Cup vicotries in a row now, and the first major trophy of the season. We still have three more to play for aswell, so it could be a very exciting climax to the season.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

Three wins from three again this month has meant that we maintain our three point lead at the top of the table. We started with a comfortable win in the snow at Wolves, with Jason Malpass on target for both goals. At home to Chelsea it took Danny Welbeck a whole 13 minutes of his full debut to grab himself a goal. After that it was the Jason Malpass show. He bagged two and then foced the error from the Chelsea player that lead to the own goal. Comfortable 4-1 win. And then away againt Bolton Danny Welbeck grabbed the winner for us in a tight game. A shrewd little signing he is proving to be.

Our three wins this month earned me the Manager Of The Month award, my third of the season.

Up next is the biggest game of the season so far, and one that could go a long way to deciding the destination of the title - Tottenham at the Etihad!

FA Cup - 5th Round

Not happy at all. The team was again switched around, but like a few other cup games this term I had to reply on a big player coming from the bench to make the decisive contribution for us. Agaun it was Malpass, as he scored and then saw a freekick of his dropped over the line by their goalkeeper.

In the quarter finals we face Newcastle at the Etihad.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 12-06-2012 at 19:01.

Subs Bench

February 2021 Continued

League Cup - Final

The scoreline wasn't flattering, but we totally dominated this game. As he often does, Jason Malpass produced when it counted. What a legend.

Champions League - 1st KO Round, 1st Leg

It might not look it, but this was a stunning performance. Atletico Madrid are a massive side now in Spain. They are awash with money, and have been competing in the Champions League and in La Liga for the last 5-6 seasons now. So to go there a win in a super achievement. It was a close game, but we thoroughly deserved our 1-0 win.

A similar performance in the 2nd leg would do nicely.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 12-06-2012 at 19:01.

Youth Team

Another League Cup to add to the trophy case. Hope you've built another one!

Subs Bench

Another League Cup to add to the trophy case. Hope you've built another one!
    I'll have a word with the necessary people. ;)

Going along very nicely indeed.

Another league cup .

Subs Bench

Going along very nicely indeed.

Another league cup .
    When i die they should rename it the Thomas Lewis Memorial Cup.

Reserves

Been reading but haven't posted in a while.

Bloody hell how many goals have you allowed in all competitions?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Been reading but haven't posted in a while.

Bloody hell how many goals have you allowed in all competitions?
    Aslong as you've been reading! ;)

Have just let in number 10 of the season in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg game against Atletico Madrid. Bit gutted really as I fancied going the whole seaon only conceding single figures.

Amateur

Jeeez, whats you're unbeaten streak at now?

Subs Bench

Jeeez, whats you're unbeaten streak at now?
    It recently came to an end, after 59 games.

Amateur

wooooah
    59 thats incredible

Subs Bench

wooooah
    59 thats incredible
    It was. But since the run ended things haven't gone well - we're now four games without a win.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

Fur very good performances this month. We opened up with a crucial win against Spurs. Just three points separated us before the start of the fixture, and it was tight game. But Danny Welbeck popped up with another crucial winner for us. We followed that up with two excellent away wins, before a convincing 4-1 at home to Villa to round off the month.

We are now eight points clear with just seven left t play, and a third title is within reach. Next up is Newcastle United at home.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

Not a great performance, but credit to the players for coming frm behind to send us into the semi finals again. We face Chelsea in our semi, and will face Tottenham or Everton if we make it through to the final.

Subs Bench

March 2021 Continued

Champions League - 1st KO Round, 2nd Leg

After winning a tight first leg in Marid 1-0, we walked this one with a superb performance. It meant we had hammered the Spanish League leaders 5-1 on aggregate, which makes great reading for us.

We face Arsenal in the quarter finals, with the first leg at the Etihad.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 13-06-2012 at 23:16.

Subs Bench

My fourth of the season.

The league looks all but wrapped up. Good luck against Arsenal in Europe to .

Subs Bench

The league looks all but wrapped up. Good luck against Arsenal in Europe to .
    Cheers.

Will be very close against Arsenal - the games between me and Mourinho always are.

Will be very close against Arsenal - the games between me and Mourinho always are.
    Both play boring football I take it ;).

Subs Bench

Both play boring football I take it ;).
    Well to be frank, im my case, yes.

Well to be frank, im my case, yes.
    Haha. As long as you win at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

Reserves

Though if you don't it's the white hankies for you.

Subs Bench

Haha. As long as you win at the end of the day, that is all that matters.
    Very much what i believe.

Though if you don't it's the white hankies for you.
    They've been out a few times in April.......

Youth Team

Undefeated in the league! Not bad ;)

Subs Bench

Undefeated in the league! Not bad ;)
    Cheers. I've surpassed the record for the league which I previously achieved when incharge of Swansea.

Weirdly though there was no new item about it, as there also wasn't when I did it with the Swans.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

We had a decent month really, but lost our long unbeaten Premier League run along the way, which in actual fact was achived in March, though because I got no news item about it I didn't know at the time!

We opened up the month with a 4-1 win against Newcastle, with Danny Welbeck again netting for us. However, we lost for the first time in 56 league games against Swansea - how ironic that it was my old club and the previous record holder that ended out run. That defeat also ended an unbeaten record overall aswell, that stretched 59 games to April 2020 when Barcelona defeated us. Aswell as ending those two records, that defeat came in the middle of four games without a win in all competitions, which is detailed further in this month update.

We bounced back though with two excellent wins the end of the season to see us finish the month needing just one win from our final three games to secure the title.

FA Cup - Semi Final

Well our chances of a third dometic treble in a row have come to an end. Chelsea have improved since Alan Shearer took charge back in early February, but I still think we should have defeated them. We fell behind early but equalised very late in in normal time, and then we had to do the same in extra time which we managed. When the penalties came we fluffed our lines and lot the shootout 4-2.

Subs Bench

April 2021 Continued

Champions League Quarter Final - 1st And 2nd Leg

Out in the quarter finals again. And out by the same 2-1 scoreline again. The first leg was the start of our four match run without a win, and it was a game we should have won. Possession was 55-45% in our favour, and attempts we 13-7 in our favour, but without Jason Malpass, Neymar, and Martin Trgovcevic (all injured) and Danny Welbeck and Scott Sinclair (ineligible) we wre lacking someone the finish off all our good work. We paid the preice in the 86th minute when the usually reliable Joe Hart spilled a shot and aloud them a tap in.

For the second leg we had the same problems with ineligibility and injuries, as Martin Trgovcevic (only 78% fitness) was the only player who could be considered for the matchday squad out of the trio of injured strikers. However Nduka Agu put us ahead on the stroke of halftime, making it 1-1 on aggregate. The second period went like much of the first leg; us dominating but unable to score. In the 85th minute Arsenal sprung a counter attack and nicked it, and thus ended our Champions League dream for another season.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 14-06-2012 at 20:22.

Shame that unbeaten run came to an end but at least 1 more victory will secure yet another league title.

Unlucky on losing out to Chelsea. Who do they go on to face now?

Subs Bench

Shame that unbeaten run came to an end but at least 1 more victory will secure yet another league title.

Unlucky on losing out to Chelsea. Who do they go on to face now?
    I guess it was typical that it would be Swansea who ended it/them aswell!

Chelsea play Tottenham, who battered Everton 4-1 in the other semi.

Out to Arsenal in Europe as well .

Subs Bench

Out to Arsenal in Europe as well .
    Yep.

In all fairness we couldn't have done anything more. To be the missing that array of attacking talent was always going to make it tougher. It's just annoying that out of four Champions League quarter final matches in two seasons Jason Malpass has missed three with injury!

Could you please post a screenshot of your tactics Tom?

Subs Bench

Could you please post a screenshot of your tactics Tom?
    Do you mean formation and team instructions? And of which formation - I pressume the one I currently use most?

Do you mean formation and team instructions? And of which formation - I pressume the one I currently use most?
    The one you use most with your team instructions yeah .

Subs Bench

The one you use most with your team instructions yeah .
    No problem dude; clicky!

Sorry about the delay, I've been writing a thread over in the Tactics Forum about a new tactic I've created.

Cheers fella .

Yes, I used the new smiley .

Amateur

Revenge of the Swans?

Bad luck. Amazing season otherwise though.

Subs Bench

Cheers fella .

Yes, I used the new smiley .
    Haha the greateast silie on the forums by a mile.

And yes, my tactic is pretty dull.

Revenge of the Swans?

Bad luck. Amazing season otherwise though.
    Thanks alot.

The Swans have really toughened up this term since Quique Flores took over frmom Carlo Ancelotti. They've secured Champions League football again for next season.

Amateur

They have probably spent the 70million they got from malpass :P

Haha the greateast silie on the forums by a mile.

And yes, my tactic is pretty dull.
    Its a very contained formation which allows you to dominate possession which is why you have won so many games without conceding.

Subs Bench

They have probably spent the 70million they got from malpass :P
    A fair bit of it yes, but not all. They have sold a few other players since then aswell.

Its a very contained formation which allows you to dominate possession which is why you have won so many games without conceding.
    If you think that's contained then you shoul check out the new one.

Third Team

Unlucky in Europe and the FA Cup but your close to winning the league which is a good thing.

Youth Team

Unlucky in europe, you should be able to go further next season.

Reserves

Got the league as consolation.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Unlucky in Europe and the FA Cup but your close to winning the league which is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Unlucky in europe, you should be able to go further next season.
    In Europe I think we are so close. Both years we have had such close games in the quarter finals, but we've suffered with having players missing for those games. Hopefully next eason we can have a bt more look in terms of injuries in the latter stages of the season.

Got the league as consolation.
    Not a bad consolation!

Youth Team

The league as consolation You know you're playing at a different level when that's a consolation!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

A nice finish to the season with three wins from three. The title was wrapped up against Wigan with a 2-1 win. It was very comfortable to be honest - we were 2-0 up at the break and Wigan got a consolation late on. The title was ours for a third time in a row.

We ended the season with two excellent wins against Arsenal at home and then away at Anfield against Liverpool. The only disappointing thing from those games was that the goal conceded against Liverpool meant that we did make it into double figures for goals conceded in the league.

Subs Bench

Superb season from Lucas Moura. He ended the league eason with ten goal and nine assits from 31 appearances.

The third year in a row that Joe Hart has won this award. He's 34 now, but still in great nick.

As with last season, we finished with five players in the PFA Team Of The Year.

Subs Bench

As much as what it is great to have a player of mine win this, it's a bit of joke in a way, as all his seven goals came in two games against Rangers.

Great to have a couple of players picked in this side again.

Youth Team

Congrats on the title. Good to see your players picking up all the awards too!

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Congrats on the title. Good to see your players picking up all the awards too!
    Thanks dude.

Personally I thought we should have picked up more of them.

Subs Bench

Money!!!

Reserves

Well done in the league and raking up more money.

Unlucky in Champions League though. Get em next year!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Review 2020/21 - Manchester City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (Champions)

So it's a hattrick of titles for Manchester City! We were excellent in the first half of the season, winning fifteen of our nineteen games. The second half was a touch tougher. We were competing on alot of fronts and the squad had to be rotated at times. We also lost our 56 match unbeaten record, which is a Premier League record.

Cleansheets were the mainstay of the season, and in the first half on the campaign we conceded jut two goals. In the second half we weren't quite as tight at the back and we let in eight goals in nineteen games. That makes it ten altogether, and in all honety it was a bit gutting that the last of those goals came in the last game of the season as it would have been amazing to concede single figures.

FA Cup

Eliminated in the Semi Finals

Saddly we couldn't net a third FA cup win in a row. We weren't a our best against Chelsea, but we really hould have beaten them. When it came to the shootout, Chelsea were more composed and got their reward.

Chelsea went n to lose the final, going down 2-0 to Tottenham.

League Cup

Winners

Yet another League Cup winners medal for my mantle piece! For the club it was the third time in a row that the trophy has been lifted. We were excellent throughout the competition, with the players who came into the side really impressing. Our finishing in the final wasn't great, but our play was excellent and we thoroughly deserved our 1-0 win.

Hopefully next term we can equal the record of four trophies in a row, held by Liverpool and Swansea.

Champions League

Eliminate in the Quarter Finals

For a second season in a row we were eliminated in the quarter finals 2-1 on aggregate. We breezed through the group tages, winning five of our six matches, including a tremendous 7-0 win at home to Zeljeznicar. The 1st knockout round saw us beat Atletico Madrid 5-1 on aggregate, with the first leg a cracking 1-0 win in the Vicente Calderon. In the quarters we fell to Arsenal. Both legs were incredibly close, and another time it could have gone our way. Can't really complain.

Real Madrid won the tournament, beating arch rivals Barcelona 3-2 in the final.

Other Info

Squad Stats - Transfers - Finances

The one thing I can say that really stands out in the squad stats is passing accuracy - all but three players are above 80% which is remarkable. I was a little disappointed however that only one player scored over 20 goals.

There was alot of transfer activity again, but I don't expect much this summer. Danny Welbeck is joining us permanently in the summer, and I might give Scott Sinclair a one year contract. Both have made a definite impact since joining the club.

Our finances have improved alot from this time last year. That is partly due to the new sponsorship deals and the increased revenue because of the stadium expanison, but also rather disappointingly it is down to further investments from the chairman. Over the next year I want to see him investing less as we become more sustainable on our own.

Top 3 Players

Jason Malpass
    It wasn't a brillianrt season from him, but still very good. Injuries again destablised his campaign, and he had a bit of a dip in form in the last three months of the season, when he score just seven goals in fifteen appearances. Still, his return was decent enough.

Lucas Moura
    A great campaign, his best yet in a City shirt. More of the same next term would be most welcome.

Joe Hart
    Just outstanding. Hopefully he has another few years at the top level yet.

What Next

Champions League glory, hopefully.

Youth Team

Tottenham's doing a whole lot better in your world than in mine!! In the 2017-2018 season in my save, they just finished in 18th and are being relegated!

Still a cracking season. A European trophy is needed though.

Subs Bench

Tottenham's doing a whole lot better in your world than in mine!! In the 2017-2018 season in my save, they just finished in 18th and are being relegated!
    Michael Laudrup has slowly being building them up. They actually won the title in his first season with them back 2013/14, and they've won a few trophies since then aswell as qualifying for the Champions League most seasons. He's done a superb job.

Still a cracking season. A European trophy is needed though.
    I certainly agree. The European Cup is the priority.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2021/22 - Manchester City

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Win it
    FA Cup: Win it
    League Cup: Not important
    Champions League: Reach the final
    Community Shield: Not important

Personal Expectations

Premier League: I want to win it, but the Champions League is the priority
    FA Cup: As above
    League Cup: A 4th in a row again for me personally would be great
    Champions League: Just get past the quarter finals!
    Community Shield: It's a trophy - win it

Budgets

Transfer: £73,864,286
    Wages: £3,979,976 (Currently spending £2,241,376)
    Balance: £78,166,541 (Up £48,985,463 from last year)

I may say that I just want to advance further than the quater finals in the Champions League, but it is the prority - as it will be every season until I win it.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 17-06-2012 at 23:19.

Amateur

Great read Tom You're tempting me to do a Career Thread. What are your plans after City? Surely there can't be much else to achieve.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernGooner View Post
    Great read Tom You're tempting me to do a Career Thread. What are your plans after City? Surely there can't be much else to achieve.
    Thanks alot buddy.

Well I've got another two years to run on my contract and I don't think I'll stay on after that. The only thing tempting me is Jason Malpass, as I don't think I'd be able to sign him if I went to another club and I'm kind of attached to him. That's something I'll have to give some thought.

Subs Bench

Well I've posted this in the Good player Team Guide, and I'll pop it in here aswell;

Buying

Player Name: Gregg Morton
    Your Team: Manchester City
    Selling Club: Watford
    Player's Value: £2.2million
    Offer: Worth up to £24million - £9.5million upfront, £10million over 24 months, £1.5million after 40 League apps, £1million after 1 International app, £40,000 per League appearance for 50 appearances - £20k p/w wages agreed
    Transfer/Wage Budget: I'm City, it's pretty money is no object
    Patch: 12.2.2
    Season: Start Of season 10

Now I know it's a massive fee, but he's very good already for just 17 years old. He has four star potential and he really could be something special given the right training and tutoring.

I would say buy Tom. Its not as though spending this money will be a risk at Man City, and as you say, if developed correctly, it could be one of the better deals you could make.

Subs Bench

I would say buy Tom. Its not as though spending this money will be a risk at Man City, and as you say, if developed correctly, it could be one of the better deals you could make.
    I decided to go ahead with it.

Reserves

Its a reasonable deal I guess.

Theo Walcott cost £10m+ and he hasnt exactly developed into a fantastic player. I have more faith in you developing talent .

Subs Bench

Its a reasonable deal I guess.
    I now it's alot, but it's an investment for the future.

Theo Walcott cost £10m+ and he hasnt exactly developed into a fantastic player. I have more faith in you developing talent .
    Haha why thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast