+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 2520

Thread: Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by iHeadHunta x View Post
    Comfortable mate!
    Indeed. Just need to cut out the slight issues we encountered in December.

Youth Team

Good work so far. Also nice to see Swansea in second Both your clubs doing well!

Amateur

Good lead at the top, shame you've got to start at such a high negotiation price for Malpass, but I'm sure crushing them in the league and possibly the Carling Cup will put the odds in your favour a bit more.

Youth Team

id bid that money for him and see what swansea do with all that cash

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Good work so far. Also nice to see Swansea in second Both your clubs doing well!
    It is quite nice to see them doing well t be honet. Last eason I was pulling my hair out watching Rafa Benitez destroy what I had built!

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Good lead at the top, shame you've got to start at such a high negotiation price for Malpass, but I'm sure crushing them in the league and possibly the Carling Cup will put the odds in your favour a bit more.
    I'm determined to make him mine, but I'm not going to be completely ridiculous in what I pay for him. I think the summer, when I can offload a couple of other players, is my best bet to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    id bid that money for him and see what swansea do with all that cash
    Haha it would be interesting. Unfortunately even I don't have a budget as big as that!

Subs Bench

Just bloody typical! They finally relented, and a fee of £70million, (£30million upfront and £40millin over 48 months with a sell on claue included), was agreed for him. A contract was agreed at a reasonable £120,000 p/w, but before it was confirmed he played for Swansea against Tottenham, and guess what? That's right, he got injured. Broken foot, out for 4-5 months!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

After the crazy amount of league games in December, January was much calmer, with just three fixtures to contend. We started well againt my former club, bossing the game and winning 3-1 comfortably. Norwich gave us a stern test early on, but by half time we managed to get into a 2-0 lead, and in the second half we just saw it out, keeping possession fairly easily. We finished the month with a home game against out of orts Chelsea, and we put them to the sword. We didn't keep the ball that well, but we created the better chances and in the end ran out 3-0 winners to consolodate our ten point lead at the top of the league.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

A fairly routine win for us over the Championship side, though we did have to wait until the second half for the goals to come. However, the result was never in doubt as we dominated the whole game, with a massive 75% of the possession.

In the 4th round we face a trip to Everton.

Subs Bench

January 2019 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

Another League Cup Final for me, as we ran out 5-3 winners on aggregate. We were fantastic in the first leg, winning despite going down to ten men after just thirteen minutes when skipper Vincent Kompany was red carded. However, the team were excellent, and we the 3-1 win outstanding. The second leg was sloppy, as we twice let a lead slip. Not good enough, but we still went through.

In the final we don't face former club Swansea, as Championhip side Aston Villa beat them 2-1 on aggregate!

Transfer Activity

A couple of bits of transfer activity in January, as young Nigerian forward Nduka Agu joined from Hajduk Split for £1.6million, and was then immediately loaned out to Dinamo Zagreb as he needs to assatain a work permit.

Also this month third choice goalkeeper Asier Riesgo left the club, requeting a contract termination, which cost the club £120,000.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 28-04-2012 at 11:35.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post

Just bloody typical! They finally relented, and a fee of £70million, (£30million upfront and £40millin over 48 months with a sell on claue included), was agreed for him. A contract was agreed at a reasonable £120,000 p/w, but before it was confirmed he played for Swansea against Tottenham, and guess what? That's right, he got injured. Broken foot, out for 4-5 months!

I occasionally get that with players who would be amazing, so annoying.

Subs Bench

My second monthly award of the season.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    I occasionally get that with players who would be amazing, so annoying.
    Don;t worry, I'm back in for him and a deal for the summer is all but agreed.

Subs Bench

Excuse my language, but hell ****ing yes!!!!

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Haha Tom. Finally the deal goes through .

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Haha Tom. Finally the deal goes through .
    Don't think I'll be spending much more in the summer though!!

Reserves

Hope not, even for strong player like that its a bit more than I probably would spend.

Subs Bench

Hope not, even for strong player like that its a bit more than I probably would spend.
    I agree to be honest. But having worked with already, I know what he can do. So I don't really see it as a gamble. And also £40million of it will be sprread over 48 months.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

Started the month poorly with defeat at Liverpool, a game in which we were awful. However, we bounced back we three wins from three, keeping cleansheets in all three games. We were brilliantly against Wolves, dominating with a mamouth 75% of the possession! The Southampton game was as comfortable as can be, and then came Spurs away. We were resillient here, battling away at keeping Spurs out. On the stroke of halftime Nestor Schmidt got into the box and put us ahead, and despite good pressure from Spurs in the second period, we held on and kept our ten point lead, (could be seven if United win their game in hand it willbe seven though), in tact.

FA Cup 4th And 5th Rounds

Great credit to Everton in the tie at Goodison, we were fortunate to escape with a draw. In the replay though we put them to the sword, securing a simple 3-0 win. In the fifth round we were awful, and Bristol City were lucky not to get a draw or maybe even better. Still, we got the win, and in the quarer finals we face Fulham at the Etihad.

Subs Bench

400 up!

How fitting that I reach such a milestone in a competition I have won four times. If we win, it will be a fifth victory in six competitions for me personally, the only one I didn't win in that sequence was when I wasn't managing a club side in the 2017/18 season.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2018/19 - Manchester City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

A fairly tough run to the final really. Middlesbrough and Watford were both tricky to overcoma, and we may have faced Liverpool and United at home, but they were both difficult games. In the semi final Bolton, in the second leg, gave a very good performance aswell.

The Final
    vs.Aston Villa

Another Leagu Cup win for me, and the clubs first since 1976. We didn't start very well, and fairly deservedly Villa went ahead. That seemed to give the players a bit of a kick up the bum as we totally took control after that. Cavani was outstanding, and was fittingly given the man of the match award.

Hopefully this trophy is the first of many.

Reserves

Impressive way to cap it off. The league's probably heading your way as well.

Subs Bench

Impressive way to cap it off. The league's probably heading your way as well.
    I won't be counting my chickens just yet, we've got trips to United and Arsenal to come.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Yet another League Cup. Well done.

Amateur

How long are you planning to stay at city?

Subs Bench

Yet another League Cup. Well done.
    Cheers dude. I do love the League Cup

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    How long are you planning to stay at city?
    I'm not sure. I think if I add the league and FA Cup this season to the League Cup I've already won, then I'll just stay next term for a crack at the Champions League. I only signed a three contract when I joined, and I don't see myself staying beyond that. The fact that I have signed Malpass though may lead me to a rethink.

Bascially I'm rambling on and I don't know.

Amateur

Well done with Man City so far! Real shame about the Malpass transfer though, hopefully you can snag him at even cheaper when he is fit again.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

Very weird month; awful at home, brilliant away. We absolutely battered Birmingham, having 63% of the possession, and 23 attempts to six. Yet they took their chance, and we didn't. I was annoyed, but they were superb defensively. We bounced back though with a great win at Watford, before another frustrating home game against Newcastle. Again we bossed it, but never killed the game off, and they equalised in the last minute - a former player of mine, John Fleck, scored it! We finished the month with a good win at Hull, and still have a healthy lead at the top of the table.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

Odd game, swinging one way and the other. However, Cavani's excellent form continued as he banged in a hattrick so we weren't embarrassed, and we eventually saw them off to get through to the semi finals, where we face Blackburn.

Subs Bench

March 2019 Continued

League Cup - Final

My fifth League Cup victory in six seasons, and in some style too. Great performance from the lads, and it was the start of a great month for Edinson Cavani.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 29-04-2012 at 20:11.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Well done with Man City so far! Real shame about the Malpass transfer though, hopefully you can snag him at even cheaper when he is fit again.
    See post 912 - already snagged him, albeit it for the same price.

Youth Team

Nice on finally getting Malpass! That's got to be up there with the highest transfer payments ever

If you dont win the league I will be left very disappointed in you as a Manager.

Third Team

Title is within reach and you've won your speciality of the league cup.Well played Sir

Subs Bench

Nice on finally getting Malpass! That's got to be up there with the highest transfer payments ever
    Just econd behind Ronaldo's £80million move to Real Madrid.

If you dont win the league I will be left very disappointed in you as a Manager.
    So will I!!

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Title is within reach and you've won your speciality of the league cup.Well played Sir
    Thank you, kind Sir!

Reserves

There are two things wrong with what happened to Malpass.

1) In real life, Swansea would never have played him knowing he's about to agree a big money move away.
    2) Failed his medical?! He's broken his foot! Why bother with a medical? I could imagine the club doctor: "Good weight, reflexes seem sharp, strong leg muscles, heart scan all okay. Wait... that's... that's a limp! Better get that checked out."

Ten pages now and going strong. That's what I like to see, even if it is with Man City.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    There are two things wrong with what happened to Malpass.

1) In real life, Swansea would never have played him knowing he's about to agree a big money move away.
    2) Failed his medical?! He's broken his foot! Why bother with a medical? I could imagine the club doctor: "Good weight, reflexes seem sharp, strong leg muscles, heart scan all okay. Wait... that's... that's a limp! Better get that checked out."

Ten pages now and going strong. That's what I like to see, even if it is with Man City.
    I'm just glad he's going to be mine!!

And yeah, being Manchester City and doing so well is a bit of a kick in the teeth conidering who I support, but it was a good career move.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

A very good month for us has put us on the brink of the title, needing just one point from our final three games.

We started off the month excellently with two cracking home wins with the South Americans getting amongst the goals. Away at Fulham we had it a bit tougher, and it took us until the 57th minute to get the break through. Just ten minutes later though Pavel Mamaev was red carded, and Fulham had a good spell which we defended well. In the 86th minute we wraped it up though, giving us a good 2-0 away win. We then had the Manchester derby to contest, and the draw was a fair result. We took the lead late on, but they equalised even later, and 1-1 is how it ended. A draw away against one of the other top four can never be frowned upon, especially when it extends your lead at the top to nine points!

FA Cup - Semi Final

It may not look great as we only went through on penalties, but we totally dominated them. Our finishing wan't up to scratch though, and that was the only reason that prevented us from hammering them. Still, we got through penalties, and that's the main thing.

In the final we face another Championship side, this time West Ham.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 01-05-2012 at 17:07.

Subs Bench

Our good form this month earned me my third Manager Of The Month award this campaign.

Reserves

What happened to Terry Connor in your save? In mine, he guided Wolves to 9th, then replaced Moyes at Everton (Moyes was sacked for finishing 14th and then replaced Connor at Wolves.) After finishing 8th with Everton, Connor got the England job!

And people were worried about Hodgson...

Subs Bench

What happened to Terry Connor in your save? In mine, he guided Wolves to 9th, then replaced Moyes at Everton (Moyes was sacked for finishing 14th and then replaced Connor at Wolves.) After finishing 8th with Everton, Connor got the England job!

And people were worried about Hodgson...
    I started my save before the latest patch, so Terry Connor was never manager of Wolves.

Youth Team

Another great season tumtuck

Subs Bench

Cheers dude, just need to finish the job now.

Reserves

Don't be cerud to tumtuck!

Subs Bench

Don't be cerud to tumtuck!
    I never noticed that. Disgraceful behaviour!

Subs Bench

Thanks to Liverpool beating Arsenal, we have been crowned champions without having to play our next game!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2018/19 - Manchester City

FA Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

Some decent reults along the way, including the fourth round replay against Everton, and the quarter final victory at Fulham. Edinson Cavani was influential along the way, scoring five goals.

The Final
    vs.West Ham United

If the scoreline doesn't suggest it, the poession stat certainly does - we totally controlled this game. After we scored after jut fourteen minutes, there was only one winner. They may have mutered ten attempts, but mot of those were from long range, and they only forced Joe Hart into a save once. The third of a dometic treble - superb.

Subs Bench

What a mesage to pop up in the inbox.

Amateur

Congrats on the Treble!

Subs Bench

Congrats on the Treble!
    Cheers. Hopefully it can be repeated or even bettered next term now we're in Europe.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 01-05-2012 at 19:48.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

A very good final month, with three wins from three. With the title already wrapped up thanks to Arsenal's defeat to Liverpool, the West Brom game was party time for the supporters and we didn't disappoint. We followed that up with a see-saw fixture at Arsenal. We lead twice but they pegged us back, but in the 89th minute Vincent Kompany won it! The season finished at home to QPR, and we seemed to be already on our holidays, though we still took the points.

FA Cup - Final

We should have won by more, but it was as comfortable as can be. Excellent dominating performance, that rounded off the domestic treble.

Subs Bench

Excellent debut season from the Brazilian.

He may be thirty now, but he's still producing top quality performances.

The third time I have a had a player take this award. The previous two were won by Michel Vorm during my time at Swansea.

A good showing in the PFA Team Of The Year. If you are wondering why Neymar and Cavani are in wide midfield positions, it is because they play AML/AMR positions for me.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 01-05-2012 at 20:05.

Reserves

Swansea in 2nd is interesting.

Subs Bench

Swansea in 2nd is interesting.
    Indeed Mancini has done a great job with them. I am a bit worried that they could be even stronger next season if they splash the cash they'll get from the Malpass tranfer.

Third Team

Excellent season although I wasn't expecting to see Swansea in 2nd

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Excellent season although I wasn't expecting to see Swansea in 2nd
    I'm delighted for them to be honest. After Benitez ruined them last season, I thought it was the beginning of the end for them. But Mancini has revived them this term with some shrewd signings, and as you can see from their goals for tally, some exciting football.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Review 2018/19 - Manchester City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (1st, Champions)

Last season the club finished sixth in the table, a whopping 37 points worse off than what we achieved this term. After our transfer activity in the summer I thought we could challenge for the title, but this was simply sensational. Most of it was down to our outstanding start - we won fourteen of our opening fifteen games - and from then on we never looked back. The second half of the season was a bit tougher, but we won eight of our last nine games to finish the season in style. This was the clubs first league title since 1968.

FA Cup

Winners

The clubs seventh FA Cup overall, and the first since 2014. We faced a few sides from the Championship along the way, most notably in the semi-final and final, but it doesn't belittle our achievement in any way. In the final we gave a domineering performance, defeating West Ham of the Championship 2-0.

League Cup

Winners

For the first time since 1976 the League Cup was lifted by the Citizens. For me it was a fifth League Cup victory in six years. To win it by knocking out three Lancashire rivals made it even sweeter. We were brilliant in the final, winning 5-1 against Championship side Aston Villa.

Other Info

Squad - Transfers - Finances

The squad performed exceptionally throughout the season. The big money signings Neymar, Lucas Moura, and Nestor Schmidt all justified their massive fee's, and another big player was Edinon Cavani, who at the age of 32 was still doing the business game in, game out.

Alot of transfer activity took place as I reshaped the squad massively. From now on I will be alot more prudent. Besides Jason Malpass coming in this summer, I don't anticipate many other signings, especially for fee's over the £20million mark.

Because of the the transfer outlay and huge wage budget the finances have taken a bit of a battering since I joined the club. Add to the fact that we weren't in European competition of any sort we missed out on a major source of income. Had it not been for three hefty cash injections from the chairman we would have been in considerable debt. Over the summer I'll be looking to offload a couple of players, and hopefully reduce the wage bill below the £100million per year mark.

Top 3 Players

Sergio Aguero
    He's a pain sometimes with having the "Shoots From Long Range" PPM, but he did have a productive season. His goal tally of nineteen was solid, but his assists tally of twenty-two was excellent - he was actually the top assister in the Premier League this term. Considering his age though, next season may be his last with us.

Neymar
    He cost a club record £47million, but he was worth it. In all competitions for us he was superb, but he excelled in the league, playing all but one game, finishing as the joint second top scorer, and the third highest assister. I can't wait for him to be unleashed in the Champions League next season.

Kyle Walker
    Some may see this as a surprise, and probably thought one of my other attacking players would be my final pick in this list, but Walker was excellent. His consistency throughout the whole season was brilliant, and deserves to be recognised.

What Next

Look towards next season. Aswell as attempting to defend our domestic trophies, we also get to pit our wits against Europes best in the Champions League. As I said a couple of high earners will go, but we have some very good looking young prospects who look like they are ready for the step up to the first team.

Next season is going to be interesting.

Subs Bench

A couple of good pieces of news;

I think the stadium cost around £80million to purchase, judging by our financial records.

Subs Bench

The mighty Jason Malpass has landed!

Third Team

Fernando Torres mk II.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by joe__the__man View Post
    Fernando Torres mk II.
    Shush your beak!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    I never noticed that. Disgraceful behaviour!
    My bad!!

Excellent season Tombo...and Malpass .

Subs Bench

My bad!!
    It's ok, you are forgiven.

Excellent season Tombo...and Malpass .
    Cheers dude.

The bald man is fit again after his injury lay off and ready for preseason. His first competitive game - Swansea in the Community Shield!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2019/20 - Manchester City

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Win it
    FA Cup: Win it
    League Cup: Not important
    Champions League: Reach the semi-final stage
    Community Shield: Not important

Personal Expectations

Premier League: Would love to retain it
    FA Cup: As with last season, I would be happy to get to the semi's
    League Cup: A sixth triumph for me personally would be great
    Champions League: I'd take a place in the quarter finals, and from there who knows
    Community Shield: It's againt my old club, we have win

Budgets

Transfer: £94,081,734
    Wages: £3,980,312 (Currently spending £2,088,149)
    Balance: £20,447,776 (Down £51,974,173 from last season)

So after last seasons success the board is expecting alot this term, but I'm confident we can achieve our goals. The finances have taken a bit of a battering since I took over due to the reshaping of the squad and purchase of the stadium, but this term I expect them to do better due to our involvment in the Champions League.

Also I hope to bring the wage expenditure down before the end of the transfer window, as there are a few high earners who I am looking to offload.

Good luck with the new season fella.

Subs Bench

Good luck with the new season fella.
    I might need it with the boards level of expectation.

Also it doesn't help that the fans are on my back for selling a couple of their favourites.

Ive had similar news regarding selling Fuska on my Liverpool save.

Subs Bench

Ive had similar news regarding selling Fuska on my Liverpool save.
    With me it has been Cavani who they have got most upset about.

But from my point of view, he's 32 now, was on £235,000 p/w, and wasnt willing to lower his wages. To get £10million for him was cracking i thought!

Thats common sense though. Fans dont see it that way .

I sold Fuska who had just turned 29, was entering the last year of his contract and wanted to sign a new deal worth £150k p/w. No thanks fella. On you go!! Sold for £11.5m.

Subs Bench

Cavani was the same, as in he was also in that lats year of his contract. I would have kept him had he just lowered his wages slightly, say to £200,000 p/w. That would have saved me over £1.5million over the course of a year.

Silly Uruguayan.

Lukaku in the first 11 of the premier league.

How was his season? And do you have a ss from him by any chance?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Purefun View Post
    Lukaku in the first 11 of the premier league.

How was his season? And do you have a ss from him by any chance?
    No problem; Lukaku Attributes And Stats 2018/19

He's also Chelsea captain now, though my very own Vincent Kompany is preventing him from being Belgium skipper.

Youth Team

You must have Charlemagne on your Board, wanting to conquer everything

Youth Team

come on Swansea!!! lol

Amateur

Good luck with the new season

Subs Bench

You must have Charlemagne on your Board, wanting to conquer everything
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    come on Swansea!!! lol
    Very impressed with them I was.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernGooner View Post
    Good luck with the new season
    Cheers dude.

Banned

Good season, will this be your last if you win the Champions League? Come on move abroad please next?

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2019/20 - Manchester City

Transfers

(Two youth players given free transfers are cut off the top of the "Players Out" list, as is Darijo Srna, who has retired and joined the coaching staff).

So a busy, and in the end, expensive transfer window. I hadn't planned on making any expensive signings after shelling out so much for Malpass, but circumstances dictated otherwise. (Basically this means some players I have tracked for a while became available!). We brought in half of what we played out though, and have managed to cut wage expenditure ever so slightly.

Douglas
    With Gael Clichy not getting any younger a new left back was needed, and Douglas stood out to me. He is young, with a lot of very good stats already. He hasn't reached his potential yet, and hopefully some tutoring from Clichy can help him reach it.

Jason Malpass
    It took a lot of negotiating to get him, and indeed he cost a lot of money, but finally he is mine! Having worked with him at Swansea and with England, I know how effective he can be. I hope to see the goals flowing soon. £40million of his fee will be paid over 48 months.

Davor Dovecer
    He has come in as third choice goalkeeper, but in all hojnesty he looks very good! He was three and a half tar potential and could turn into a top drawer player given the right training/tutoring/etc.

Mauro Vasquez
    As I said further up the page, I wasn't planning on making any other big signings, (fee's above £15million), but Vasquez is someone I have trailed for a while, and when he became available I couldn't say no. His bet role is supposedly as a holding midfielder, but just look at attributes! It's fair to say I have other plans for him!

Laurent Koffi
    He's 17 and look at him! I can sign him at anytime for £20million, but I hope to get the price down to between £8-12million.

Gerard Deulofeu
    I chased him when I was with Swansea - loan or transfer I just couldn't get him. Rafa Benitez signed him for the Swans not long after I left, and he had two very good seasons for them. But this summer he was tranfer listed by request, and for the price he was available for it was a no-brainer.

Christopher Samba
    Salvatore Bocchetti picked up an injury ruling him out for 3 months, so cover was needed. Samba's loan deal cost just £90,000, and the club only have to pay half of his wages, which is £30,000 p/w.

I'm very happy with the squad. It has a much younger look to it than when I took over the club in June 2018. I am disappinted about the laack of Englishmen in it, though I blame that on the previous managers for not investing in English/British talent.

Any screenhots of regens you want to see I'll be happy to post.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 05-05-2012 at 08:02.

Subs Bench

Preseason 2019/20 Continued

Preseason Friendlies

As is usually the case with me, we had a very small amount of preseason games. We had good performances in all three games, with my strikers getting on the score sheet, which should stand them in good stead for the start of the season.

Community Shield

Another trophy secured, and this one was one against my former club. It wasn't easy, indeed Swansea played very well under their new manager Carlo Ancelotti. However we took our chances and ran out comfortable 3-1 winners.

The Premier League gets underway very soon, and our first game is against Newcastle at the Etihad.

Reserves

Plenty of investment.

Subs Bench

Plenty of investment.
    True, but I like to take into account that one player cost £70million, over half of the total outlay.

Reserves

Well it's rather hard not to

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

A good tart to the league season then, with two wins from two. We weren't great against Newcastle, but sneaked the win. At West Brom though were outstanding, and in truth it could have been more than four. Both Malpass and Deulofeu got their first goals in a City shirt too, which was very pleasing.

Thanks to our two wins, the manager of the month award came my way for August.

Subs Bench

Champions League Draw

Despite a eason out of Europe we were still amonst the top eeds for the Champions League group stage draw. Here is the group we have been handed for our first year in the Champions League under my leadership;

It should be fairly easy to navigate, I would have thought.

And here are the rest of the groups;

It looks like we dodged a few tricky looking groups!

Subs Bench

Kun

Amateur

Excellent set of transfers, even though you laid out a little more than intended. It's not like you're short on funds anyway Hopefully the new signings gel with the squad quickly, you've definitely got a shot at replicating your final season with Swansea.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Excellent set of transfers, even though you laid out a little more than intended. It's not like you're short on funds anyway Hopefully the new signings gel with the squad quickly, you've definitely got a shot at replicating your final season with Swansea.
    I know, it's hard not to spend it when it's there.

To be fair all the players were needed, partly because of the quality of the players we sold, partly because the youngsters in the reserves/youth team aren't quite ready for such an important role in the first team. Next summer, barring a disaster this term, I want to limit the spending.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

A good month for us, with the only dropped points coming in a 0-0 draw away against Liverpool - which is never a bad result. We started excellently with a 4-1 win over Fulham, before that draw at Liverpool after the internatinal break. That was followed up by a stunning hattrick from Lucas Moura in a 3-0 win over Spurs. The end of the month saw us grind out a 2-0 win at QPR, where the breakthrough didn't come until the 70th minute, though it was thoroughly deserved.

Once again our performances this month saw me take the Manager Of The Month award once again.

League Cup - 3rd Round

Not a great performance against the side we beat in last years final, but the team had been changed around alot and was therefore a little disjointed. Still, we got through and that's the main thing.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 05-05-2012 at 09:59. Reason: The correction of spelling.

Subs Bench

September 2019 Continued

Champions League

These are the kind of matches the big money signings are made for; tight games which look like finishing in a draw. Neymar popped up with the winner, slotting in Martin Trgovcevic's wonderful pass.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 05-05-2012 at 08:29.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2019 - Manchester City

Premier League

Another terrific month for us as we maintained our excellent start to the season. We opened up the month with a very good win against my old club Swansea, and after that we travelled to Bolton with Jason Malpass having gone six games without a win. However, against Bolton he came back to form with a stunning hattrick in the 4-1 win, and he just for good measure he even set up Neymar's goal. The month ended with the Manchester derby, and the kind of game that Malpass was bught for. He didn't disappoint, and hit another hattrick in the 3-0 vicotry.

For the third month in a row this season I lifted the Manager Of The Month award.

League Cup - 4th Round

Another tight League Cup game with a side that was switched around alot. Creedit to the players to be fair, we went down to ten men after 50mins and Bolton equalised straight away, but we re-grouped and went on to grab a winning goal.

In the quarter finals we are at home to high flying Newcastle.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 05-05-2012 at 14:03.

Subs Bench

October 2019 Continued

Champions League

Not a great performance in Switzerland. Indeed they probably deserved to win, but we defended decently and clung on for a point. We were better against PSV, even if we did benefit from two own goals, and keep our noses just ahead of Porto at the top of the group.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 05-05-2012 at 14:01.

Great work from Aguero and cracking start to the season.

Subs Bench

Great work from Aguero and cracking start to the season.
    In all fairness I can't take credit for Aguero - under me he has only scored sixteen league goals.

I wasnt crediting you .

Subs Bench

I wasnt crediting you .
    No, you weren't. It seems that I completely misread what you put.

Its ok Tom, I will let you off.

Amateur

Great work so far this season! Malpass is beginning to pay back some of his fee

Subs Bench

Its ok Tom, I will let you off.
    Cheers.

Great work so far this season! Malpass is beginning to pay back some of his fee
    He is yes. Funny though as he seems to do so poorly in home games. Reckon the fans must get on his back at the Etihad.

Reserves

For that money I'm not surprised they're being demanding of him.

Subs Bench

For that money I'm not surprised they're being demanding of him.
    Well don't worry, he's starting to motor now. He's even managed to score at the Etihad in November.

Youth Team

Near perfect start to the season! Looking like another good one

Subs Bench

Near perfect start to the season! Looking like another good one
    Cheers dude.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast