+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

Amateur

That was an amazing unbeaten run. Another league cup in the bag, and flogging Uinted must always be good. Its a shame ManU don't look like dropping points to get you back in the title race, but you've been more than solid in every comp. The lead o ver Porto might be slender, but I think you can hold them off and advance further in the CL. All good stuff really.

Amateur

Unreal how you have done this with Swansea?! Mediocre players, what tactics you using, make your own??

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Brilliant in the League Cup, I always feel kind of bad if I thrash the team I support in real life. Going well in the league but it could be tough to get past Man United, I find unbeaten runs are usually ended by a team I would expect to beat easily. Good luck in the next Champions League match.
    I don't know, always feels nice to me to beat the team i support! And i agree overhauling United is going to be really tough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TWalsh View Post
    That was quite an incredible unbeaten run in the league! And a great record in the League Cup!

Good luck with the rest of the season, I'm sure you'll be happy enough finishing second?
    Well second would be a good achievement, and a step forward after finishing third last season. But whether i'd be happy with it is another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    The league isn't over and done with. It's still winnable.
    Which is exactly my thinking. A draw or two for United and we're right back in it!

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    I approve of the League Cup result . Fantastic result!!!
    Haha you would!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Woah 6-1 thats a brilliant result
    Cheers dude!

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Slender against Porto but the advantage is yours.
    Indeed. And given our away results in Europe already this season, i think we can finish the job off.

Quote Originally Posted by BadManager View Post
    That was an amazing unbeaten run. Another league cup in the bag, and flogging Uinted must always be good. Its a shame ManU don't look like dropping points to get you back in the title race, but you've been more than solid in every comp. The lead o ver Porto might be slender, but I think you can hold them off and advance further in the CL. All good stuff really.
    Well in the league it's only seven points, and although it will be difficult, they still have to come to the Liberty in mid April.

Quote Originally Posted by Talty31 View Post
    Unreal how you have done this with Swansea?! Mediocre players, what tactics you using, make your own??
    I think calling the players mediocre and saying it's "unreal" how i've done so well with them displays a lack of understanding of the game. You dont always need the best players to achieve, just players with certain attributtes that fit how you want to play. For instance, with the exception of Leon Britton, none of midfielders have a passing stat of less than 15.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

A top month for us, as with three wins from four games closed the gap to United to just one point. Three cleansheets from the four games was also very pleasing. We started with a hard fought win over West Brm, a game that looked like it was going to be 0-0, until that man Scott Sinclair popped up with the winner. The draw against Villa was fair, as both sides created good chances to score but couldn't convert. Against Blackburn we were outstanding, and I was delighted that Carlos Vela got his first for the club to seal the route. And against Chelsea we were superb, bossing the game for the majority.

Our fine form this month earned me a second manager of the month award for the season.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg
    & Quarter Final 1st Leg

Away against Porto we put in a superb performance. Yes we only just shaded possession and they had many more shots on goal/on target than us, but many of them were long range efforts. We throughly deserved our 2-0 win and our place in the quarter finals.

Drawn against Manchester City, I always knew getting through the quarter finals would be extremely tough. In the first leg, it proved to be so, as their superior front three (Hazard, Cavani, and Aguero), put me to the sword. It will be very difficult to overcome the two goal deficit in the second leg but we'll give it our best shot. If somehow we manage it, we'll face either Liverpool or Benfica in the second leg.

Amateur

Fantastic effort against Porto mate, I think if your defenders turn up against City you won't have a problem overcoming the deficit in the second leg. Shame you couldn't grab a win over Villa, who have you and United got in the final seven matches?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Fantastic effort against Porto mate, I think if your defenders turn up against City you won't have a problem overcoming the deficit in the second leg. Shame you couldn't grab a win over Villa, who have you and United got in the final seven matches?
    The problem i anticipate against City is the usual one - scoring goals! It's not often against the other big teams that we score more than once.

I'll post who us and United face in our last few games when i'm home from work later. All i know at the minute is that we play Liverpool next at the Liberty, and United travel to Wigan. And after that there is one more game before we meet at the Liberty on April 16th.

Reserves

Great CL progress.

Third Team

Still looking strong in the league,some great progress you've made in the CL.

Great month to bring yourself back into contention for the league. Great work against Porto as well but it looks like an uphill task against Man City in the return leg.

Third Team

Good luck against City in the CL, send them out!

Subs Bench

Great CL progress.
    Cheers dude.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Still looking strong in the league,some great progress you've made in the CL.
    It's going to be tough though - four of our final seven games are away from home.

Great month to bring yourself back into contention for the league. Great work against Porto as well but it looks like an uphill task against Man City in the return leg.
    It will be yes, but our first seaosn in the Champions League has been excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    Good luck against City in the CL, send them out!
    I think I may need more than luck!

Subs Bench

As promised a few posts above, here are the last six, (would have been seven but the first of those has been played), fixtures for ourselves and Manchrester United;

Swansea City

Manchester United

I think it's fair to say they should realistically win the title from this position with the run in they have.

Amateur

Just spent a nice 2 hours reading thru your thread! WOW what a career path you have taken!

Setting up a very nice platform with swansea....have a team from wales ever won the champions league before?? you could be in the progress of making history!!

Should......but that game at home to them could be pivotal.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by h0rn3r View Post
    Just spent a nice 2 hours reading thru your thread! WOW what a career path you have taken!

Setting up a very nice platform with swansea....have a team from wales ever won the champions league before?? you could be in the progress of making history!!
    Two hours? Blimey I don't think I'd have the patience! Very nice to see that my thread is interesting to people.

I don't think a Welsh team has ever won the top division in England, nevermind the Champions League - so either would be a tremendous achievement.

Should......but that game at home to them could be pivotal.
    I think I'm so pessimistic on the basis that we have to play four of ur games away from home. Even if we were to win the United game, it could prove irrelevant with their fixtures after that.

Even if you are caused problems away from home, I think that Arsenal are the only one you should truely be worried about.

Reserves

Arsenal are the difference. Otherwise, the run-ins are pretty similar. I'm gonna back the Swans from here.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

What a cracking month! When we drew at home to Liverpool I thought we had blown it - United won 1-0 at Wigan on the same day and moved three points clear with a goal difference eleven superior than our own. After we exited the Champions League, (see below), we travelled to Arsenal for a Saturday lunchtime kick off, and under heavy pressure held on for a 0-0 draw. Later that day United could only manage a 2-2 draw at home to Ipswich. The gap remained at three points ahead of their visit to the Liberty.

Just three minutes in and United went ahead, but after that it turned into a game much like the League Cup final. We dominated and thoroughly deserved our 4-1 win. Aswell as going level on points with them, the goal difference closed in aswell. A week later and still smarting from the hammering we dished out to them, United lost at home to Wolves, and just a day later we managed a comfortable 2-0 win at Ipswich to move three points clear. And a week further on on the last day of April, we came from behind to take all three points at Wigan with a 2-1 win, as United beat Birmingham by the same scoreline. With the two games to go we need just four points to secure the title!

Champions League - Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Well our Champins League dream is over, but we went out with our heads held high after securing a 1-0 win over Manchester City. We were close to getting a second and taking it to extra time, but just not quite close enough. Still, a 2-1 aggregate exit at quarter final stage is nothing to be ashamed of in our first season in Europes elite competition.

City have gone on to reach the final, thrashing Benfica 8-2 in the semi-finals.

Amateur

Excellent finish to the season! Shame about the Champions League but I'm sure that will prove great motivation to stay with Swansea another season or two! Just on that, any plans to move on?

Good luck with the rest of the season!

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by TWalsh View Post
    Excellent finish to the season! Shame about the Champions League but I'm sure that will prove great motivation to stay with Swansea another season or two! Just on that, any plans to move on?

Good luck with the rest of the season!
    I'm just going to wait and see to be honest. If we manage to lift the title then maybe it will be the right time to go. Who knows.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

Champions!!! Amazing!!!

Going into the final two games of the season we knew what we needed to do - take four points, and the title would be ours. We did better than that as we won both of our games. On Saturday May 7th United put the pressure on us by beating Blton 3-0, but we got the perfect start against Wolves the next day, taking the lead after just a minute. In the end we ran out 2-0 winners, meaning from our final game at Birmingham we would need just a point. For a long time it looked like all we would get was the point we required, but with 28 minutes to go Carlos Vela came on for Papiss Cisse, and after seven minutes on the field he bagged a goal, and then with twelve minutes to go set up another as we completed another 2-0 win and secured the title!

Subs Bench

What a great message to see;

Since winning the title we've been getting praise from everywhere;

Last edited by tomtuck01; 03-04-2012 at 23:42.

Reserves

Can you imagine how loved you'd be by the Swansea fans if you pulled this off?

Subs Bench

Can you imagine how loved you'd be by the Swansea fans if you pulled this off?
    Hmmmm reckon you need to refresh and edit your post. ;)

---------

By the way guys, a full end of season review shuld be posted either tomorrow or Thursday.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Hmmmm reckon you need to refresh and edit your post. ;)
    Nope. I'm still not 100% certain you'll do it.

Subs Bench

Nope. I'm still not 100% certain you'll do it.
    Sorry. Next time I'll try to win it a bit more convincingly, just to make you completely certain!

Amateur

Never doubted you for a second mate, congratulations!! Now for the Champions League!

I take my hat off to you!!! .

Subs Bench

Never doubted you for a second mate, congratulations!! Now for the Champions League!
    I think alot of credit has to go to the sides that took points off United in the run in. As much as what we timed our final push perfectly, United cracked at just the right time.

As for the Champions League, that will of course depend on whether i am still at the club. The board are still dragging their heels when it comes to advancing the clubs facilities, and i'm not sure they share my ambitions.

I take my hat off to you!!! .
    Cheers.

Strange how we managed to win the league with less points than last season, when we got 86pts and finished third.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 04-04-2012 at 10:14.

Reserves

With just 1 defeat as well!

Third Team

Wow, a remarkable title winning season.

Amazing!

Subs Bench

With just 1 defeat as well!
    Which was against West Ham of all teams!

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    Wow, a remarkable title winning season.

Amazing!
    Cheers. It's certainly up there as one of my greatest achievements on Football Manager.

Third Team

Congrats on winning the title,that is a brilliant achievement.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Congrats on winning the title,that is a brilliant achievement.
    Thanks alot.

Subs Bench

I think I earned it!

Hmmm do you think our success is based on not conceding many?!?!?! Those 18 clean sheet came from 32 appearances, and he conceded just 17 goals.

And he's rightfully in the PFA Team Of The Year, along with Danny Welbeck.

Subs Bench

Nice to have another expansion - the ground will hld around 35,000 when it's complete. But I'd rather they agreed to my demands of improving the training and youth facilities.

Reserves

Love seeing Vorm in Team of the Year. He's so good.

Subs Bench

There may have been only two games in May, but it was still enough for me to win an award;

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season 2015/16 Review - Swansea City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final Table (1st, Champions)

A cracking achievement for us. At the start of the season I was being typically cautious, aiming juat to qualify for European competition again. What we did manage this season was nothing short of brilliant. The final margin of five points was maybe a bit more than we deserved, but we timed our run at the end of the season perfectly winning our last five games, one of which was over title rivals Manchester United. Repeating this next season will be tough.

FA Cup

Eliminated in the 5th Round

I was aiming to go further, maybe a semi-final place, but getting eliminated in the fifth round wasn't part of my plans. Having said that, being knocked out by Manchester United at Old Trafford is no disgrace.

Surprisingly, Championship side Newcastle won the trophy, defeating Chelsea 2-1 in the final.

League Cup

Winners

Three season in a row now we have lifted the League Cup. Once again we didn't have a particularly tough run - the first three rounds we played we against sides in the divisions below us. After that though we faced Ipswich in the semi-finals, a solid midtable Premier League side, and then we thrashed Manchester United 6-1 in the final. It was a superb performance and I was thrilled to lift the trophy again.

Champions League

Eliminated in the Quarter Finals

We gave a brilliant account of ourselves in our first season in Europes elite competition. Stand out performaces have to be the away draws in Barcelona and Milan, aswell as the win at Porto in the first knockout round. We were so close to taking the Manchester City tie aswell and making it to the semi's, but it wasn't to be. A great experience and one that I hope the Swans can repeat again and again.

Manchester City made it to the final, where they lost 1-0 to mega rich Atletico Madrid.

Other Info

Squad - Transfers - Finances

I'm thrilled with how the players did this season, three players getting double figures for goals, and three getting double figures for assists. Also Joe Allen's pass percentage is just fantastic! A special mentin has to go to Kyle Bartley aswell. He didn't start the season as a first choice centre back, but when he came in for Danny Wilson when he got injured, he really nailed down the position.

A fair amount of money was spent this term on new players, but a massive chunk of that went on Nestor Scmidt. All in all I think we did good deals for both signings and departures. Carlos Vela may have cost a pretty pricey loan fee, but his contribution was solid considering alot of his appearances were as a sub. I'm still undeciced if I'll take up the option to sign him permanently.

As for the finances, they are much better than what they appear. We have just paid out £10.25million for more ground developments, hence the low balance at this time. But also the figures do not include Champions League TV revenue, which I'm guessing will be arounnd the £20million mark, sending our balance soaring.

Top 3 Players

Papiss Cisse
    This man had a fantastic campaign. Not in the starting XI at the beginning of the season because I didn't think he could play as a Trequarista, he really showed me! When he got his chance he never let it go. Be it in the Premier League, domestic cups, or Champions League, he scored goals.

Michel Vorm
    Our captain is an inspiration. His seasonal stats were phenomenel, and who knows what our season would have been like had it not been for him. A great galkeeper, and a great leader of this team.

Danny Welbeck
    He started the campaign slowly, but after the turn of the year he really picked up. He really helped fire us to the title, scoring ten goals and getting five assists in 20 appearances at the end of the season. Another top season from the England man.

What Next

Who knows what's around the corner? I kind of think that I have taken Swansea as far as I can. As I have said before, I don't quite think the chairman and the board share my ambitions. It's all well and good improving the stadium, but what about the training ground, the youth facilities? This is a point that is really annoying me now.

With the European Championships coming up this summer, some international jobs may be available and the managerial merry-go-round will begin. So maybe it is time to move on to pastures new.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 30-07-2012 at 22:54.

Subs Bench

Just to let you all know that I have decided to remove some leagues from my save. This is because I won't be managing in those leagues because of how my reputation has improved, (I'm now considerd "World Class", apparently), and also so that there are less players in the save, thus it'll run a touch better in the long term.

I have decided to keep leagues loaded that I have managed in, even though I don't intend on managing in them again. So the South Korean K-League has been kept, as have the lowest leagues in England I have managed in.

I am removing the following leagues;

Brazil - Serie B
    England - Blue Square North/South
    France - Championnat National
    Germany - 3. Liga
    Switzerland - Challenge League

The Brazlian league will be removed in January 2017, the rest will happen in June 2016, which is in just a few weeks time in game.

Reserves

Good strategy.

Excellent season Tom. I hope to see you have another season with Swansea to see if you can defend your trophy but who knows!!! I wouldnt blame you to move on if a good job offer came up.

Subs Bench

Excellent season Tom. I hope to see you have another season with Swansea to see if you can defend your trophy but who knows!!! I wouldnt blame you to move on if a good job offer came up.
    Well regarding that i have had a bit of a brainwave;

I'm going to stick with Swansea, and if the England job becomes available after Euro 2016 i will apply for it. If i get the job i will manage both Swansea and England for a season before leaving The Liberty at the end of the season so i can have a year as fulltime England manager in the run up to the 2018 World Cup.

Just a thought of course, Stuart Pearce may well keep the job after the Euros.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 05-04-2012 at 09:28.

I will keep my fingers crossed that it happens.

Reserves

I wonder how the Swansea fans would feel about having the current England manager at the helm!

Probably couldn't care less, given the success and unbridled joy you've brought them.

Subs Bench

I will keep my fingers crossed that it happens.
    You're just happy i'll be with the Swans for another year!

I wonder how the Swansea fans would feel about having the current England manager at the helm!

Probably couldn't care less, given the success and unbridled joy you've brought them.
    Well they dont seem to mind having four members of England Euro 2016 squad - more than any other club, i might add. So i think they'll be ok with it!

You're just happy i'll be with the Swans for another year!
    I will find it hard to enjoy reading when/if you go to Man Utd .

Subs Bench

I will find it hard to enjoy reading when/if you go to Man Utd .
    Oh dear.

Strictly speaking it could happen this summer - Chris Hughton could move on leaving the door open.....

Chris Hughton? Times must have been as desperate as they have been for Chelsea on my save.

He didnt do a bad job really to be fair. Is the squad still of a decent standard?

Subs Bench

Chris Hughton? Times must have been as desperate as they have been for Chelsea on my save.

He didnt do a bad job really to be fair. Is the squad still of a decent standard?
    He took over during my first season with Swansea when they were midtable. He managed to finish fifth that season. He then won the title in first full season, and then came second to me last term.

There squad is still in good, but they haven't spent much over the years so it has stagnated a bit.

Subs Bench

Would have possibly considered it, but they're only in the Europa League. So no thanks.

Subs Bench

This on the other hand...............

Would be a tough act to follow, Pearce just lead the England side to the European Championship trophy.

You have to apply for it and take it .

Subs Bench

You have to apply for it and take it .
    Indeed, you are correct Sir.

Reserves

It's your destiny.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - New Job - England

Name: England
    Nickname: The Three Lions
    FA Founded: 1863
    Stadium: Wembley (90,000)

My first fray into international management is with the country I am from. I have a tough act to follow, as the previous manager, Stuart Pearce, won the European Championships this summer. Also with some key players now getting a bit old a bit of reshaping of the side may be needed.

FA Expectations

Wolrd Cup Qualifying: Qualify for the 2018 World Cup with ease

Personal Expectations

Wolrd Cup Qualifying: Not as over the top as the FA, but I do expect us to qualify from this group

World Cup Qualifying Group

A couple of tricky away games to come in our quest to qualify for the 2018 World Cup, but I think we should still be able to qualify from this group. Our first game is away against San Marino. Before that we don't have the opportunity for a friendly, so we will have to hit the ground running.

First Team Squad Member

I would still expect you to qualify but that is not the easiest group. Great season with Swansea as well winning the EPL was brilliant.

Are you still at Swansea? I remember a thread with someone saying they would quit their club job to take an international one, just can't remember if it was you or not lol.

That is a pretty tricky group but you should still be able to qualify.

Subs Bench

I would still expect you to qualify but that is not the easiest group. Great season with Swansea as well winning the EPL was brilliant.

Are you still at Swansea? I remember a thread with someone saying they would quit their club job to take an international one, just can't remember if it was you or not lol.
    I did say that, but I have decided to stay with Swansea. Just a bit further up the page I gave a hypothetical scenario of what I would do if England job became available and if I got it;

if the England job becomes available after Euro 2016 i will apply for it. If i get the job i will manage both Swansea and England for a season before leaving The Liberty at the end of the season so i can have a year as fulltime England manager in the run up to the 2018 World Cup.
    I am going to stick to this plan.

That is a pretty tricky group but you should still be able to qualify.
    Yes so do I. I really hope I replicate the fooball I play with Swansea aswell, that would be awesome.

Reserves

Would you stay in charge of England after the World Cup?

Subs Bench

Would you stay in charge of England after the World Cup?
    No. I'd dive back into club management.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2016/17 - Swansea City A.F.C

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Qualify for Europa League
    FA Cup: Reach the quarter finals
    League Cup: Not important
    Community Shield: Not important
    Champions League: Enjoy the experience

Personally I think the board have been a bit negative in their expectations for the side this season.

Personal Expectations

Premier League: Finish in the top four
    FA Cup: Reach the quarter finals
    League Cup: Win a fourth in a row
    Community Shield: It's a trophy up for grabs - win it!
    Champions League: Qualify for the first knockout round

Budgets

Transfer: £31,971,096
    Wages: £778,071 (Currently spending £725,981)
    Balance: £21,357,447 (Up £5,536,627 from last season)

Another good transfer budget for us to work with and hopefully build upon last seasons success. The bank balance is in a good situation, and as with last season it will only get better with more Champions League football and high finishes in the Premier League.

An update of the squad will be posted at the end of the transfer window along with news of our new arrivals and departures.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 06-04-2012 at 22:15.

Subs Bench

At last, the board have decided to accept a request! I'm so pleased about this.

Youth Team

Excellent news

First Team Squad Member

I did say that, but I have decided to stay with Swansea. Just a bit further up the page I gave a hypothetical scenario of what I would do if England job became available and if I got it;

I am going to stick to this plan.
    I missed that bit, good luck with England.

About time getting the facilities upgraded as well.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Excellent news
    As I've said a few times, it has been one of the more annoying aspects of managing Swansea - the boards reluctance to improve the facilities.

I missed that bit, good luck with England.
    I might need a bit. The side is quite old, I'm surprised they managed to win the Euro's. First things first, remove John Terry as captain - he's 35 for goodness sake!

About time getting the facilities upgraded as well.
    I quite agree. I've only been asking since I was appointed!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2016/17 - Swansea City A.F.C

Transfers

Quite alot of money spent this summer. This is because I really want to retain the Premier League title this season before I more than likely leave the club next summer. All the players who were sold over the summer wanted to leave the club due to, in their opinion, not getting enough first team football last term. The only one I am bothered about is Ashley Williams. He was always excellent for us, and I hoped he would stay, but it was not to be.

The players that came in will hopefully help push us towards another title this term.

Leonidas Moysiadis
    A young goalkeeper, he will be my third choice in the coming season after Portuguese man Moreira retired.

Michal Koziol
    A very good young midfielder, he could really turn into a creative force for years to come. He's sure to get a bit of game time this term.

Jason Malpass
    Looks like a superb player for one so young. For £9.25million there is a fair bit of pressure on his shoulders, and because of that I'm going to ease him into things.

Carlos Vela
    After some good performances whilst on loan in the second half of last season, I decided to make a permanent offer for him. The agreed price was £4.6million, but PSG accepted much less than that. Likely to be more of an impact player, he can also cover the AML role.

Lizandro Perez
    An excellent looking young defender. I had to pay more than I wanted, but he should serve the club well for a long time to come.

Alex Teixeira
    My marquee signing of the summer. Looking at my squad I might have a bit to do to fit him in, but he adds a different dimension to the side with his pace and dribbling ability.

Preseason

As is always the case I don't play many preseason friendlies, though this year I went for a couple of slightly more competitive games than what I usually play. We got a nice win ver Anderlecht and then drew with Club Brugges in a game we dominated. The two games set us up nicely for the Community Shield though.

Community Shield

Not a particularly good performance, but we managed to keep the ball well for the most part and secure a 1-0 win. Another trophy in the bag.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 06-04-2012 at 22:16.

Reserves

Leonidas should be good for a last stand

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

Seven point from three games constitutes a solid start to the season, althhough looking at our scores so far, a severely unspectacular one. Still, we got a decent 1-0 win over Manchester United, and followed it up with a battling draw at Tottenham. We were lacklustre against Southampton, but still got the win.

The new players haven't really been bloodied into the side as of yet, and Nestor Schmidt is yet to play because of an injury picked up at the Olympics. After the international break we face QPR away an I'm sure things will begin to click into place a bit more.

Champions League

After our success in last seasons Champions League, we were amongst the third set of seeds this time around. However, we still got handed a fairly tough group;

After last seasons exploits I don't see why we can't manage another good campaign this season. A quarter final place again perhaps?

Last edited by tomtuck01; 06-04-2012 at 22:16.

Some very nice signings there Tom and a great start to the season really. You couldnt have asked for much more in all honesty. I think you can qualify from that group.

Subs Bench

Some very nice signings there Tom and a great start to the season really. You couldnt have asked for much more in all honesty. I think you can qualify from that group.
    I agree that it has been a good start, but I just think that we perhas haven't been as fluid as we can be just yet.

As for the Champions League, I certainy agree with you - we should qualify from this group.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career -September 2016 - England

Before we started our World Cup qualifying campaign I had to name a new England captain, and my selection was made not just for now, but for the future aswell.

Wayne Rooney wasn't best pleased, but I'm sure he's man enough to just take it on the chin and get on with it.

World Cup Qualifying

Well we really couldn't have got off to a better start. In the San Marino game I handed out debuts to three Swansea players; Leon Britton, Josh McEachran, and Jason Malpass. Britton was the only starter, and he played well in the 6-0 win over San Marino. Another Swansea player, Danny Welbeck, was brilliant too, scoring four goals from the AMR position. We followed that up with a cracking 5-0 win against Ukraine, to give us six points from two games.

Up next in October is France away.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 06-04-2012 at 23:17.

Subs Bench

Just thought I'd post this post match comment from Phil Neville;

A great comment to get as that is exactly what we want to do to teams. But I also posted it as I've never seen it before!

Great start to life in charge of England.

Subs Bench

Great start to life in charge of England.
    Thank you kind Sir.

I think having nine of my Swansea players in the squad is making it easier to implement the same way of playing as I do at club level.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

A very good month for us with two very good away wins and a solid home win. We tore QPR apart, and although all the goals came in the second half, it was always a case of how many we would get after getting that first goal. Was very pleased for Jasn Malpass, who got his first goals since joining us. The Newcastle result looks comfortable, btu they gave us a real game and had they finished better it could have been very different. And away at Everton we were outstanding. We dominated possession and barely gave them a sniff, and although we didn't get the second until late in the game, we were never in any trouble.

League Cup - 3rd Round

Dire performance. Thank goodness for one of their players giving a penalty away in the 113th minute of the game. Must do better in the next round, which is Wolves at home.

Subs Bench

September 2016 Continued

Champions League

A fantastic start to this sason Champions League campaign. Against Inter we played very well, bossing it with 59% of the possession. They did have 21 attempts at goal, but they only managed three on target and most of them were outside the box. Away to Porto we actually lost the battle for possession for the first time this season, but switching early on the counter-attacking paid off, as we came away with a superb 2-0 victory. Don;t worry, I was thinking the same as you - what on earth was Angel Rangel doing getting into a goal scoring position!

Up next is a double header against Hannover. Take four points from thse two games and we should be qualified for the 1st knockout round.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 07-04-2012 at 09:38.

Brilliant month all round. Couldnt have wished for a better start in Europe.

Youth Team

Impressive start in europe, what seed were you?

Amateur

Looks like another strong campaign for you, hopefully you can sustain the charge on all fronts.

Subs Bench

Brilliant month all round. Couldnt have wished for a better start in Europe.
    We did get a bit battered by Porto, but we played excellently on the counter attack.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Impressive start in europe, what seed were you?
    I was amongst the third seeds this season. Last season we were in the fourth set of seeds.

Looks like another strong campaign for you, hopefully you can sustain the charge on all fronts.
    Retaining the league title would suit me.

Reserves

Very promising start to the season.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2016 - England

World Cup Qualifying

One game have been drawn, but still a very good couple of games for us. The French dominated for long spells and had we lost I don't we really could have complained, but vice-captain Wayne Rooney popped up with an equaliser in the 89th minute to keepmus top of the group. The one downside, from a Sansea point of view, was an injury picked up by Danny Welbeck. He has been ruled out for 4-5 weeks, and I can't even blame his international manager!

We played very well against Lithuania, but probably didn't score as many as we should have. Still, Wayne Rooney popped up with another couple of goals in our 4-0 win. He now has seven goals in four games since I took over, and has helped us to a two point lead at the top of our group.

That's it for World Cup Qualifiers this year. Our next fixture is a friendly away to Serbia in November. I might fit in anther friendly aswell so I can have a look at a few players.

Subs Bench

The Liberty Stadium now holds 36,770. So far this term we've sold out every game, so hopefully we can keep that up.

That will only help the cash flow.

Reserves

A stadium capacity more worthy of your station.

Subs Bench

That will only help the cash flow.
    And we need it after the investment in the squad in the summer!

A stadium capacity more worthy of your station.
    Indeed it is. However, I still think we would better served pouring our money into improving other facilities.

Subs Bench

Record attendance broken in our first home game since the stadium expansion work was completed;

Last edited by tomtuck01; 07-04-2012 at 22:20.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

A super month for us, winning three out of four with the only dropped points coming in a very good draw away at Manchester City. Despite banging four past West Brom, I was a bit disappointed to concede two goals after been in such a superior position. The same happened at Fulham aswell. 2-0 up and cruising, then we conceded a sloppy goal and had a nervy
    end to the game. Must do better. We got a great pint at City. We shaded possession, but they had so many shots that we were a bit fortunate to still be in the game late on. We were however, and Scott Sinclair grabbed us a point. The Blackburn game was a game we would have played a couple of years ago - we dominated possession and created a fair few chances, but just couldn't score. That man Scott Sinclair popped up again though and got the winner in the 81st minute.

After beating Blackburn we went top of the league after Manchester City could only draw at Arsenal earlier in the day. Our efforts this month earned me the Manager Of The Month award for October.

League Cup - 4th Round

A terrific performance, and it's always niced to hammer a side managed by the Swans former manager. We cmpletely dominated them, and thoroughly deserved our 4-1 win. Another League Cup on the cards? Well we should definitely get into the semi-finals - we face League 1 Colchester United in the quarters.

Subs Bench

October 2016 Continued

Champions League

Another very good win on the road for us in Europes Elite competition. Mr.Reliable Scott Sinclair broke the deadlock for us, and later on in the game Jason Malpass sealed the win. We face Hannover at the Liberty next, knowing that if we match Porto's result against Inter we will qualify for the 1st knockout round.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 07-04-2012 at 23:23.

Subs Bench

Beat Arsenal, they sack their manager, and I'm favourite for the job;

They're fourth for goodness sake. Don't think I'd like to work for such a volatile chairman, even with the huge transfer budget I'd be likely to get.

Reserves

No reason to move there right now.

Subs Bench

No reason to move there right now.
    Certainly not. I don't want to work for a chairman like that anyway.

Subs Bench

And now I'm linked with another club with a ridiculous chairman;

They're struggling in 14th and their squad is full of ageing players. A total rebranding of the squad would be needed and if I didn't get instant success I'd be up for the chp aswell. Thanks, but no thanks.

Subs Bench

Now this is a bit more interesting;

Mourinho is on a staggering £175,000 p/w at Arsenal!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Novmeber 2016 - England

International Friendly

A good victory in the always volatile arena of Serbia. They may be down in 33rd place in the World Rankings, but travelling to Serbia is always tough. We were still without Danny Welbeck, and Kyle Walker was rested due to tiredness. Scott Sinclair continued his excellent form for club and country, and vice-captain Rooney, who is struggling for Manchester United, maintained his irresistible international form. They both set up each others goals.

Youth Team

Good win with England. Shame you dont have spain loaded to take the Madrid job.
    Last edited by JackJCFC; 08-04-2012 at 11:49.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Good win with England. Shame you dont have spain loaded to take the Madrid job.
    I do have Spain loaded, i wouldn't be linked with the job otherwise.

It is a moot point anyway, as i won't leave midseason.

Youth Team

I do have Spain loaded, i wouldn't be linked with the job otherwise.

It is a moot point anyway, as i won't leave midseason.
    Oh right, i wasnt sure as there was no interaction box on the news item. I agree about not moving

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast