+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

Amateur

Come on mate, you're so close to a treble! City could slip up against Bolton and Fulham I think, and that away goal against Malaga puts you in good stead for the return leg.

Third Team

Great thread here!

The race for the title is so close, you will have definitely earned it if all goes your way.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    I'm on tenterhooks over here. It's so tense!
    Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Mega excited.
    Dont worry chaps, there'll be an update later!

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Can't see City messing up but Chelsea is a tough game for United, might sneak second but I hope I am wrong and you win it.
    Think second is the more realistic prospect, which would still be remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Come on mate, you're so close to a treble! City could slip up against Bolton and Fulham I think, and that away goal against Malaga puts you in good stead for the return leg.
    I cant see the treble myself. And it's Marseille.

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    Great thread here!

The race for the title is so close, you will have definitely earned it if all goes your way.
    Thanks. Cant believe we have lost just two out of 35 league games so far and we may still not win it.

Nah, you will not win it, concentrate on Europe mate.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

Well we gave it our best shot, but eventually we came up just short. We won excellently against both Stoke Aston Villa, but by the time we faced Everton on the final day of the season the title was really beyond us as we needed both Manchester clubs to lose, and a twelve goal swing in our favour. As it happened we played excellently at Goodison Park but just couldn't find the net, also both United and City won, so whatever we did was irrelevant.

Still, it was a good final month of the season, and rounded off an excellent campaign pretty nicely.

Europa League

We may not have won, and thus went out on aggregate 2-1, but I can't complain with how we played. Against one of Europes great sides historically, we put in a super performance, and completely dominated them. As with the game we played on the last day of the Premier League season against Everton, we just couldn't find the back of the net. I was disappinted, but proud.

------------------------------------------------

A full end of season review will follow either later today or tomorrow.

Banned

Well done on 3rd place mate, your getting closer to the title charge! Lets hope next season can be more kind to you

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Well done on 3rd place mate, your getting closer to the title charge! Lets hope next season can be more kind to you
    If indeed I'm still at Swansea. Who knows what's round the corner.

Banned

I think you have unfinished business and need to win the Premiership, then think about moving. But that's my opinion, it's up to you

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season 2014/15 Review - Swansea City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final League Table (3rd, automatic Champions League place)

After last seasons sixth placed finish, I was just hoping for a season of consolodation; finishing eighth or above would have been a very good season. What we achived this term is something I never imagined. And yet having said that, I can't help but think what might have been had a couple of those draws being turned into victories. Maybe next season we can go a step further.

FA Cup

Eliminated in the 4th Round

A pretty dismal effort. Against Championship side Wigan we were poor in the original tie and the replay, yet somehow got through. We were the same against Sunderland, and they thoroughly deserved their victory.

League Cup

Winners

For the second season in a row we lifted the League Cup. We may not have had the most difficult of runs in the competition this year, but our performances were nonetheless professional in the sense that we kept getting the job done. The final against
    Queen Park Rangers was just the same; not a classic performance, but we got the job done and lifted the trophy.

Europa League

Eliminated in the Semi-finals

A brilliant effort by us in our first European campaign. Along the way we had some amazing wins; the victory in Leverkusen, and the 4-0 victory at home to Panathinaikos. We were quite unfortunate in the semi's to be honest, and who knows what would have happened if in the first leg Scott Sinclair had scored from the penalty spot to make it 2-0.

Our season in the Europa has certainly whetted the appetite for the Champions League.

Other Info

Transfers - Finances
    (Some released players are cut off the top of the "Players Out" section)

Alot of transfers were made before the start of the seaon and fair few came in during January aswell. We built well after our debut season in the Premier League and the squad has been taken to the next level. Of the loan players signed in January I'm not sure if I will keep any of them, but in the cases of Tafer and Toulalan I have until January 2016 to decide as they joined on year long deals. Special mention goes to Stefan Savic; one of my lesser signings, he was an absolute rock in defence, forming a great partnership with Ashley Williams.

Financially we had a very good year despite a net transfer spend of £10.25million. We earned over £14million from our league position, and a fair bit of prize money from the Europa League. Next season we should perform even better with the Champions League revenue that will come our way.

Top 3 Players

Danny Welbeck
    I can't believe I was so indecisive about signing him. Bought as a striker, he actually played upfront just three times all seaon, and was utterly devastating at AMR. If he does half as well next seasn, I'll be relatively happy. For £3.3million he was a snip.

Henri Lansbury
    Signed for £2.7million after a successful loan spell in our first season in the Premier League, he really stepped things up this term and became our creative force. Lord knows how he is yet to get even called up to the England squad.

Scott Sinclair
    Another good season from Sinclair, if not quite as good as his previous campaign. He scored more goals but the assist dried up somewhat, and he had a shocker this term with his penalties. Still, he got some crucial goals, and as a knack of turning up in the big games when it counts.

Papiss Cisse would have been in this list with his superb return of 27 goals from 43 appearances. But he was fairly inconsistent at times, as his avergate rating of 7.15 suggests.

What Next

Well stick with Swansea and look forward to next seasons Champions League campaign is the most likely scenario. I can only see my self being tempted away by a big club abroard. I won't be moving in England, that is for certain.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 04-04-2012 at 16:21.

Congrats on your fine season mate.

Shame about Europe though.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Purefun View Post
    Congrats on your fine season mate.

Shame about Europe though.
    Cheers Purefun.

It was a shame about Europe, but also I never expected to do that well anyway. Like I said, I was immensley proud to have got all the way to that stage.

Third Team

Was a very good showing (bar the FA Cup) throughout the season,keep up the good work.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Great season!!! Looking forward to your European adventure next term.

Reserves

Very good challenge anyway.

Semi Pro
    Somewhere between Yael Stone and Laura Prepon (@_meestercat)

Awesome season, well done. Looking forward to a) Your Champions League progress b) Your next batch of transfers - you seem to have an eye for good bargains and have a similar transfer philosophy to me.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Was a very good showing (bar the FA Cup) throughout the season,keep up the good work.
    Thanks for reminding me of the FA Cup!

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Great season!!! Looking forward to your European adventure next term.
    Cheers.

Very good challenge anyway.
    I wuld expect us to be amongst the bottom seeds, so whatever group we get it will be a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by MeesterCat View Post
    Awesome season, well done. Looking forward to a) Your Champions League progress b) Your next batch of transfers - you seem to have an eye for good bargains and have a similar transfer philosophy to me.
    Well I haven't had loads of money really, so I've just had to spend wisely and get players in purely to suit my system rather than making big marquee signings.

First Team Squad Member

Brilliant season, looking forward to seeing your side in the Champions League next season, good luck dude.

Subs Bench

Brilliant season, looking forward to seeing your side in the Champions League next season, good luck dude.
    Why thank you, kind sir. Of course, I may not be there...................

(Don't worry boys and girls, I probably will be really)

Subs Bench

It's fair to say our stock rose a bit following our Europa League campaign!

Subs Bench

Promotion from League 2 - go on Boston!!!

Subs Bench

It's always nice to be linked with other jobs.

Not going are you?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Not going are you?
    Good god no.

Like I said a few posts up, I would only be tempted away if a big club from Europe came knocking - and that doesn't look like happening as no one really underachieved around Europes big leagues last season.

First Team Squad Member

Who are Tammeka?

Subs Bench

Who are Tammeka?
    They're a side from Estonia who got to the second qualifying round of the Europa League.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Great rise in Europe.

King Kenny .

Subs Bench

King Kenny .
    It is 2015!! They appointed Roberto Mancini anyway. His last job was Inter who he joined afte leaving Man City. He was sacked just after six months in charge and had been jobless for seven months since.

I know. Its just sad to see Dalglish depart on the game.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2015/16 - Swansea City A.F.C

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Finish in a respectable league position
    FA Cup: Reach the sixth round
    League Cup: Reach the quarter finals
    Champions League: Enjoy the experience

Personal Expectations

Premier League: Finish in a European spot - be it Champions League again or the Europa League
    FA Cup: Just do better than last seasons abysmal fourth round exit
    League Cup: A place in the semi-finals
    Champions League: Errr I'll let you know when the group stage is drawn

Budgets

Transfer: £34,365,519
    Wages: £712,994 (Currently spending £650,431)
    Balance: £15,820,820 (Up £12,560,472 from last season)

A corking budget for us to go and improve the squad with. We've yet to sign a player ahead of the new season, so I'll see what needs improving upon for the challenges ahead this term. Our balance has improved alot, and with Champions League revenus to come it will only get better.

Squad

By the end of the window I expect there to be a few new faces on the list above, mainly technically accomplished players aswell as I'm trying to advance my tactic to a more passing style. During my time at Swansea we have had to play counter attacking style, but now we have moved forward, I feel the need to freshen up the style. Hopefully the changes will yield a more Barcelona style of play.

I will post my transfers and revised squad list on the eve of the new season.

Reserves

Looking at your squad, it's good without containing any real worldbeaters. This makes your achievements all the more remarkable, for me. You're doing a cracking job.

You have a very solid squad and with a couple of signings you can really push on.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    Looking at your squad, it's good without containing any real worldbeaters. This makes your achievements all the more remarkable, for me. You're doing a cracking job.
    Why thank you kind Sir.

I think that that is the one thing i, dare i say it, regret about last season - that one player who is a bit special and can give us that extra something when we need it. Had the side had that, i think the title would have been ours.

You have a very solid squad and with a couple of signings you can really push on.
    Indeed i agree. And i must say that ive already brought in a couple of interesting players.....
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 26-03-2012 at 13:53.

Amateur

It's a sham that your challenge for the title fell apart in the final weeks, but still a massive improvement over the season beforehand. Hopefully you can consolidate a place in the top four whilst putting up a good fight in the Champions League. Be interesting to see if you can make it a hat-trick of League Cups.

Subs Bench

Intriguing, but I'm not ready for internatinal management yet.

The travel alone. Pfft.

Reserves

Be a nice place to get away from Swansea though

Subs Bench

Be a nice place to get away from Swansea though
    Naa far too many dingos around for my liking!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2015/16 - Swansea City A.F.C

Transfers

A fair bit of transfer activity over the summer, and indeed most of it on good players who came cheaply. Regarding the two main sales, John Fleck never really did it for us on a consistent basis so a profit of £5.5million in just 18 months was terrific. And Younes Kaboul lost his place last term because of the form of Ashely Williams and Stefan Savic, and with Danny Wilson joining, I didn't want a back-up player on £30,000 p/w.

The ones who have come in can definitely help us move forward.

Emiliano Sanchez
    A young, exciting looking wideman, his dribbling and crossing could be a valuable weapon if/when he gets his chance in the side.

Rafinha
    Signed on a free following his release from Barcelona, Rafinha is a bit of a gamble, but on a free transfer he can hardly fail.

Sergio Canales
    On the trasnfer list at Real Madrid, I couldn't resist him for just £1.2million. His technicals are great, and his creativity and flair could really give us a spark.

Paul Pogba
    Pogba was available for trasnfer for just over £2million. He has stalled somewhat due to a lack of first team football at United, but he is another good passer of the ball and a risk free signing having come for such a small fee.

Danny Wilson
    Costing the same as Pogba, Danny Wilson is likely to be an important part of the side.

Nestor Schmidt
    Wow. Our record signing by some way came in on transfer deadline day and really looks excellent. Hopefully this is the man who can lead us to glory. Frighteningly good for just 21 years old.

Preseason

As usual not many preseason games, and to get the confidence up I just played a couple of simple teams before playing against the MLS Allstars. Not a game I sceduled, but rather we were chosen to play in the Pepsi All-Star game, and duly won 4-0. It may be just a preseason game, but it's a trophy that still goes down on my CV!

The big kick off is fast approaching, and we open up with an away game at Bolton Wanderers.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

A good little start to the campign, taking seven points from a possible nine. Against Bolton we were superb, and Rafinha was great on his debut getting a goal and an assist. The only disappintment was the late consolation goal we let in. The game with QPR was easy - we dominated and should have won by more, but our finishing left alot to be desired. Goodison park is always a tough place to go, and the point could be very important in the latter stages of the season.

Champions League

The draw for the group stages has been made, and my goodness have we been handed a tough group;

I'll be perfectly honest and say that I can't see us getting through to the 1st knockout round, and finishing third and dropping into the Europa League may be the best we can hope for. Nevertheless we'll give it our best shot.

Some nice signings there. Pogba is a shrewd signing and Schmidt looks fantastic.

Nice start to the season but ouch!!! Thats a tough group in Europe.

Reserves

Got a good competitive side though.

Third Team

Good start to the season,that is a very tough CL group,hopefully you can claim at least 3rd place in it.

Subs Bench

Some nice signings there. Pogba is a shrewd signing and Schmidt looks fantastic.

Nice start to the season but ouch!!! Thats a tough group in Europe.
    Indeed Pogba has done well when given a chance, and Schmidt has been excellent thus far. The only problem is the amount of CM's i now have. Thankfully an experiment with Canales as my Trequarista has worked well so far, removing one of them from the equation.

As for Europe, maybe it's not as hard as it seems......

Got a good competitive side though.
    I quite agree. And most of that comes from the British core i still have.

Good start to the season,that is a very tough CL group,hopefully you can claim at least 3rd place in it.
    I think i have underestimated my side by saying third was the best we could hope for.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

September took on the same pattern as August; two wins folloed by a draw. The differences came in the fact that ur two wins were magnificent, and the draw extremely frustrating. As superb as did play against Spurs, we were also sloppy. From being 3-0 up after 37 minutes, we were left hanging on after they clawed two back. Thankfully Danny Welbeck calmed the nerves in the 93rd minute. The City performance was the perfect away performance; we sat back, played on the counter, and made sure we took our chances to run out 3-0 winners. The West Ham thing was annoying. We had 64% of possession and totally dominated them, especially in the opening period, but one mistake straight after halftime let them equalise, and after that we couldn't break them down. Still, we are in a good position after six games.

League Cup - 3rd Round

Not a great performance, but it keeps us in with a shout of winning a third League Cup in a row. In the next round we go to Championship opposition again; Newcastle United.

Subs Bench

September 2015 Continued

Champions League

A very good start to our Champions League campaign. We played very well in the Ukraine and thoroughly deserved our win. Against Barceloan we played very well without creating alot of chances. They did the same, and the 0-0 draw was a fiar result. To be on four points after two games is a very good start. Next up, Milan come to The Liberty Stadium.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 29-03-2012 at 17:14. Reason: Changed the date.

Great result against Barcelona .

To limit them to just four chances is great work. If you can get four or five points in the remaining games you stand a great chance of getting through.

Reserves

Promising start in the CL.

Subs Bench

Great result against Barcelona .

To limit them to just four chances is great work. If you can get four or five points in the remaining games you stand a great chance of getting through.
    Promising start in the CL.
    Cheers guys.

Still going to be tough - next up is a double header against Milan, whereas Barcelona have two against Metalist which i expect them to take six points from. In all honesty i'd be delighted with two draws against Milan just to give us a chance going into the final two games.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 29-03-2012 at 09:18.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

A terrific month for us, and one that earned me the Manager Of The Month award. Agains Fulham we lead very early on, but found ourselves 2-1 down at the break. In the second half we hit back though, and Rafinha got the winner with 15mins to spare. The West Brom game was another in which we had to come from behind, and that man Scott Sinclair did what he always does - comes up with something when we are struggling. The 2-0 win over Stoke was as comfortable as it looks. We dominated with 60% of possession, and 17 attempts to there 8 - it should really have been more. And at the end of the month against Villa it was again Scott Sinclair who turned up when we needed. After an hour we were struggling at 0-0, but he then put in a great ball for Welbeck to score, before grabbing a brace for himself, one either side or Villa's goal.

So we have moved top, but in November we have some tricky games; Blackburn (A), Chelsea (H), Liverpool (A), and Arsenal (H).

League Cup - 4th Round

A good win for us away at Newcastle, with both Scott Sinclair and Papiss Cisse maintaining their good goalscroing runs throughout October. Next up in the quarter finals is Sheffield Wednesday, again away from home.

Subs Bench

October 2015 Continued

Champions League

Another good performance in the Champions League, and much like the Barcelona game it was probably a fair result. The most pleasing aspect was that we had more possession - 57% to 43%. The difference to this game and the Barca one was the chances we created - had we been a bit sharper infront of goal we could have won.

Next up is a trip to the San Siro.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 29-03-2012 at 17:13.

First Team Squad Member

Some great results pity you didn't sneak a goal against Milan. Going very well in the league, I think you might grab a trophy this season.

Subs Bench

Some great results pity you didn't sneak a goal against Milan. Going very well in the league, I think you might grab a trophy this season.
    This season? I've already won two league cups!!

Thanks for the response, and you are right about the Milan game - we were so close on a couple of occassions I can't help but be disappointed.

Excellent October . Despite coming so close to beating Milan, that is a very good point. You are by no way disgraced in your first Champions League season.

Subs Bench

Excellent October . Despite coming so close to beating Milan, that is a very good point. You are by no way disgraced in your first Champions League season.
    Indeed. A big couple of games coming up in November though - a trip to Milan and then Metalist at home. If we go into the game at Barca in December with a chance then I'll be delighted with our campaign has gone.

Subs Bench

Lovely record. Didn't even realise we were unbeaten for so long to be honest.

Great record .

Reserves

Very strong run.

Subs Bench

Great record .
    Very strong run.
    It is from when Marseille beat us in the 1st leg of the Europa League semi-final!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

Strange sort of month really. We remain unbeaten - a run that now stands at 41 league games, but a return of six points from a possible twelve is far from Championship form. Still, we got a good win at Blackburn and a draw at Liverpool this month, and kept cleansheets in three of our four games. We also snatched a good point at home to Arsenal after trailing 2-0.

Up next, just a trip to Old Trafford.

Subs Bench

November 2015 Continued

Champions League

We followed up earlier home draws with Barcelona and Milan with an excellent away draw in Milan to aid our chances of progressing into the next round. At home to Metalist we gave another good performance and thoroughly deserved our 2-1 win.

We head to Barcelona for ur last group game, knowing that if we avoid defeat we will be into the next round. Easier said than done though.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 29-03-2012 at 22:08.

Third Team

Least your unbeaten in the league which is more then Utd can say.No matter what the result,you've done well in your first Cl with Swansea.

A very solid month in the league based on your opponents. Another brilliant month as well in Europe. Looks like you really annoyed Milan based off the yellow cards . Good luck in Barcelona.

Subs Bench

Least your unbeaten in the league which is more then Utd can say.No matter what the result,you've done well in your first Cl with Swansea.
    Haha yes I never noticed that! And we've got the best defensive record! I do agree with your assessment of the Champions League, I just wish we could have snatched a win at home against Barcelona or Milan.

A very solid month in the league based on your opponents. Another brilliant month as well in Europe. Looks like you really annoyed Milan based off the yellow cards . Good luck in Barcelona.
    I do agree, but if we are going to be champions then we need to be snatching wins at home against sides like Arsenal, Chelsea, etc.

As for Milan, just look at possession stat - we kept it well. No wonder they got frustrated.

Third Team

Good luck against Barca, a similar result to last time would be nice.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    Good luck against Barca, a similar result to last time would be nice.
    Yep, just got to hope that Messi, Iniesta, Fabregas, et al, are all having an off day again. Not asking too much, am I?!

You never do Tom, you never do!!!

Banned

Looking fantastic in the league and in europe Keep up the good work and I believe you can overcome United!

Subs Bench

You never do Tom, you never do!!!
    Haha maybe I should start then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Looking fantastic in the league and in europe Keep up the good work and I believe you can overcome United!
    Cheers dude.

------------------------------

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

(I think most of you can guess what I mean by that!)

Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcelona

Subs Bench

Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrcelona
    Indeed! More on that game in my December update, but one snippet of information I will give you is that we had 60% of the possession!!

Reserves

Now go all the way!

Subs Bench

How terribly random......

Subs Bench

Now this one does need some proper consideration.

Reserves

I'd personally take the first one. Although I wouldn't go until the end of the season if possible.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I'd personally take the first one. Although I wouldn't go until the end of the season if possible.
    Already rejected the offer from Flamengo, and it won't let my delay the Inter offer until the end of the season, just by a week. Bugger.

Subs Bench

Well I delayed the offer from Inter for a week in the hope that it would then allow me to delay again until the end of the season. But it didn't, so I rejected the offer - I am still a Swan!

It wouldnt have felt right if you left Swansea after your first Champions League season. The end of the year would have been a good time to leave but Inter can stuff themselves .

Subs Bench

It wouldnt have felt right if you left Swansea after your first Champions League season. The end of the year would have been a good time to leave but Inter can stuff themselves .
    Just my thinking aswell.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

A very month for us in the league with four wins from four at home and two very good away draws. The draw at United was tempered by the fact that Nestor Schmidt was injured and ruled out for three weeks just at a time when we needed him most. But we got by without him and Jonny Howson really stepped up his game. We resorted to the old guard upfront for most of the month, and Papiss Cisse didn't disappoint and really found the goalscoring touch. The win against Bolton at the end of the month was most pleasing though as we came from behind, and the three players that scored all ended their goal droughts.

League Cup - Quarter Final

Not a great performance against the League One opposition, but we scrapped over the line and into the semi-finals thanks to Danny Wilsons goal. In the the semi-final we face we Ipswich, a side which caused us problems in the league earlier this season.

Subs Bench

December 2015 Continued

Champions League

What a great achievement! We had a few scares in the Camp Nou, but on the balance of things I think we thoroughly deserved our draw. To dominate possession in that manner away t Barceloona earned us a draw on its own, and when Lionel Messi is getting booked for persistent fouling you know you're doing something right!

It was truly remarkable group stage for us, and lets hope our Champions League adventure can continue in the 1st knockout round against Porto.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 31-03-2012 at 09:17.

Third Team

Still going very well in the league and I do hope Utd crack under pressure.Well done on qualifying from the group in the CL,best of luck against Porto.

An excellent month and a remarkable achievement to make it through the group stages .

Subs Bench

Still going very well in the league and I do hope Utd crack under pressure.Well done on qualifying from the group in the CL,best of luck against Porto.
    Thanks. It could all come down to when we play United in mid April - after that we only have four games left each.

An excellent month and a remarkable achievement to make it through the group stages .
    Cheers dude. I am rather proud of our Champions League achievement.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

A poor month for us, drawing all three of our games as United won their three to move six points clear of us. The only upside was that the draw against Tottenham meant we have now beaten Arsenal's record of 49 games unbeaten. I would post a news story about this, but for some reason there hasn't been one pop up yet!

Up next we have home games against Manchester City and Fulham.

FA Cup - 3rd And 4th Rounds

A good couple of wins from us. The Norwich game was obviously closer than I would have liked, (Scott Sinclair got the winner in the 91st minute), but they are up in the playoff spots in the the Championship, so it was never going to be an easy game.

In the fifth round we have another away game, this time to Old Trafford to face Manchester United.

Subs Bench

January 2016 Continued

League Cup

A third League Cup final in three years awaits us in late February after a stunning second leg performance against Ipswich. We were off the pace in the first leg, and were probably a touch lucky not to lose. In the second leg though we outstanding and completely ripped them to shreds.

In the final we face Manchester United, who defeated Everton in their semi final.

Transfers In

Josh McEachran
    The deal for McEachran was arranged back in November, but when he arrived he was injured and is therefore yet to appear for us. What he will bring to the side is hopefully another young creative option.

Carlos Vela
    Signed on loan for a year from PSG for a fee of £1.2million, my hope is that Vela can pop up with a few goals to fire us towards trophy or two this season. At times we have struggled for goals this term, but Vela's finishing and composure could be invaluable. We have the option to buy him for £4.6million.

Players Out

Emiliano Sanchez, who only joined in the summer, has gone already. He hadn't settled to life in England and asked for a move. Fiorentina paid £2,5million for him, and hopefully he prefers life in Italy.

Danny Graham also departed the club this month, heading to Bolton for £800,000. I hope he gets the regular football he deserves at the Reebok.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 31-03-2012 at 19:48.

You certainly like the League Cup dont you . Nice signing in Vela as well.

Subs Bench

You certainly like the League Cup dont you . Nice signing in Vela as well.
    Yes, but it's fair to say we've often been fortunate with the draws we have been given.

Not something to complain about though. Man Utd will give you a tough game, but I think you can win it.

Subs Bench

Not something to complain about though. Man Utd will give you a tough game, but I think you can win it.
    It comes just a week after the FA Cup 5th round tie!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2015/16 - Swansea City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

The Final
    vs.Manchester United

Wow. Just wow.

Semi Pro

I see Welbeck had no trouble finishing off his former club.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTactician247 View Post
    I see Welbeck had no trouble finishing off his former club.
    And he celebrated like a lunatic!

By that stage of the game United were still pushing forward in the unlikely event that they could get back in the game, and we simply took avantage of the space they left.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2016 - Swansea City

Premier League

Three wins out of four would normally constitute a good month, but given Manchester Uniteds recent form, it means that we have slipped further behind them in the title race. The wins agianst Man City and Fulham were excellent - both games we completely dominated. West Ham was the same, except we couldn't score and they did - in the fifth minute of injury time. That defeat put an end to our unbeaten league run, which was an incredible 52 games. We bounced back though with a hard fought win at Stoke to keep us just about in touch with United.

FA Cup - 5th Round

Well we played well and the game was a real battle, but on the balance of things they probably just about deserved it. We did however get our revenge eight days later in the League Cup final.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 31-03-2012 at 23:07.

Subs Bench

February 2016 Continued

League Cup

A truly remarkable performance. To dominate in such a fashion against United was simply brilliant. We have now won the Leage Cup three times in a row. As SRL88 said, I seem to like this trophy!

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 1st Leg

Well heading in the second leg in Portugal it's advantage us. It is slender, but we got to Portugal with a lot of hope after how we played in this leg. We limited Porto to just six attempts on goal, (none on target), and had the majority of the possession. Hopefully we can put in a similar performace in the Estadio do Dragao and extend our Champions League run even further.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 31-03-2012 at 23:06.

First Team Squad Member

Brilliant in the League Cup, I always feel kind of bad if I thrash the team I support in real life. Going well in the league but it could be tough to get past Man United, I find unbeaten runs are usually ended by a team I would expect to beat easily. Good luck in the next Champions League match.

Amateur

That was quite an incredible unbeaten run in the league! And a great record in the League Cup!

Good luck with the rest of the season, I'm sure you'll be happy enough finishing second?

Reserves

The league isn't over and done with. It's still winnable.

I approve of the League Cup result . Fantastic result!!!

Amateur

Woah 6-1 thats a brilliant result

Reserves

Slender against Porto but the advantage is yours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast