+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    I don't mean to annoy you or sound like an idiot but I was expecting to see transfers, I am disappointed.
    Give me chance, I've only just finished the season!!

Subs Bench

Oh my!

Reserves

Tempted, or not the time?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Tempted, or not the time?
    Not the time.

I'm commited to the Swans at the moment, and I've already started my summer transfer activity ahead of the Europa League campaign.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2014/15 - Swansea City A.F.C

Board Expectations

Premier Legaue: Finish in a respectable league position
    FA Cup: Reach the fifth round
    League Cup: Reach the fourth round
    Europa League: Reach the group stages

Personal Expectations

Premier League: Finish in the top eight places
    FA Cup: I'd love to get to the quarter finals
    League Cup: A place in the semi-finals
    Europa League: The be still in the competiton after Christmas

Budgets

Transfer: £16,629,586
    Wages: £536,043 (Currently spending £478,483)
    Balance: £3,260,348 (Up £888,498 from last season)

A decent transfer budget for the season considering it comes after the players I had already agreed to sign before the end of the season joined the club. The finances are at a similar level when I joined the club, but that comes after over £10million was on expanding the stadium at the end of last season.

Squad

This is by no means the complete squad - there is still much work to do before the transfer window closes at the end of August. I'm still hunting new center half and a striker, and in general just more quality squad players. Some of the above players will probably move on before the start of the season aswell.

As for key players, I'll post them in the transfer window round-up update, along with my revised squad list.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 02-03-2012 at 01:25.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

As a Man Utd fan surely you cant go to Arsenal? Good luck this season as well. Going to be tough to match your achievements last season.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    As a Man Utd fan surely you cant go to Arsenal? Good luck this season as well. Going to be tough to match your achievements last season.
    I'd go anywhere if i thought at the time it was the right career move, even Liverpool!

Once i get past my first three games, (Liverpool (A), Arsenal (H), Tottenham (A)), i anticipate a solid campaign.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 03-03-2012 at 00:01.

First Team Squad Member

I could see you having no problem taking the Arsenal job, haven't you managed Chelsea before?

Tough start to the season but you had some good results against the big sides last season.

Subs Bench

I could see you having no problem taking the Arsenal job, haven't you managed Chelsea before?

Tough start to the season but you had some good results against the big sides last season.
    I have yes, in actual fact I still have an active save with them that I pop on at times.

If I lose all three of those games I won't be too concerned. Last season I did so much better than I ever imagined against them that I can't possibly repeat it this term. I should really concerntrate and beating the middle to lower sides, who I failed against at times last term. (By "failed" I mean drawing aswell as losing).

Reserves

Tough start you're facing.

Subs Bench

Tough start you're facing.
    I know, but I'm confident I can get a cuple of points atleast. The transfers I have made are quite interesting, and should improve the side greatly.

Subs Bench

Just what I wanted three days before the start of the season...............

Not like I've got a tought start to the season or the Europa League fourth qualifying round to play or anything. Thanks for taking care of him England, top work.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2014/15 - Swansea City A.F.C

Transfers

Alot of activity in the summer, but despite bringing in a fair few players our net spend isn't that high. All in all I'd say we''ve had a very good summer in the market. The squad has moved to the next level from last season I think, and we can hopefully repeat our success of last season.

Kyle Naughton
    A definite upgrade on our current right back. Can also cover at left back.

Jonny Howson
    A tough midfielder, and also a good passer of the ball. Could add some much needed energy and creativity to the side.

Henri Lansbury
    Delighted we managed to get Lansbury to join on a permanent deal. Last season he did pretty well, but was at times disrupted by injuries. Hopefully he can remain fit this campaign and we can see even more from him.

Danny Welbeck
    At £3.3million he culd be a realt steal for us. If he gets 15 goals this term I'll be delighted.

Younes Kaboul
    As with Lansbury, I'm delighted we got Kaboul signed up. He was arock for us last term, and hopefully he'll be same now he's joined permanently.

Jack Butland
    Will be my second choice goalkeeper. In Michel Vorm and Moreira he has tw very experienced goalkeepers to learn from, and in a few years he should be first choic.

Stefan Savic
    Looks like he will could be a great signing. At 22 he's young, and fits the kind of profile I'm looking for to take the club forward.

Kyle Bartley
    Now 23, Bartley looks like he's developed well under the AI. Able to play centre back or in defensive midfield, he will be very useful indeed. As with age, he fits the kind of age and profile I'm looking for.

Kieran Gibbs
    Brought in as competition to Neil Taylor, I can sign him for £1.3million at any time. At 24 now, he has kind of lost his way after playing very little football at Arsenal. Hopefully he can fins his way again becuase he is a very sound player.

Preseason

A solid little preseason for us. As always I don't like playing loads of games, but we got a couple of games in, and victories, against decent opponents to begin with, and then two morale bosting wins against lower sides.

Time to get on with the season then! First up, only Liverpool away, no problem.

First Team

Some fantastic signings there and sticking with an English theme for the majority. Very good business you've pulled off for some too.

Savic is capable of playing for City from day 1 (in my experiences with him, at least) so to get someone like him for so little is brilliant. I'm sure that alongside Kaboul (if you start these two) they'll form a great partnership.

Thoroughly impressed with your business - you should have a wonderful season.

Third Team

Some brilliant signings you've made and at brilliant prices as well.Good luck for the new season

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by JDownie View Post
    Some fantastic signings there and sticking with an English theme for the majority. Very good business you've pulled off for some too.

Savic is capable of playing for City from day 1 (in my experiences with him, at least) so to get someone like him for so little is brilliant. I'm sure that alongside Kaboul (if you start these two) they'll form a great partnership.

Thoroughly impressed with your business - you should have a wonderful season.
    The English/British thing was intended. I don't mind having foreign players at all, but I just want to keep the core of my side from the British Isles.

Savic certainly looks excellent, can't believe he was available so cheap. As for my center back partnership, I don't know what is going to be yet. So far in August I've played four games and used three different combinations. Surprisingly, my best central defender so far has probably been one who was already there - Ashley Williams!

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Some brilliant signings you've made and at brilliant prices as well.Good luck for the new season
    Thanks alot. Can't wait to get stuck into it!

First Team Squad Member

Great signings, Savic was a very good player on my AC Milan save before it corrupted. Look forward to seeing how this season plays out.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

A brilliant start to the campaign. If you'd have offered me four points from these three games before the start of the season I'd have snapped your hand off. We were unfortunate at Anfield, and despite Arsenal dominating for large amounts of the game at the Liberty Stadium, we should have won it, but Papiss Cisse missed a 94th mintue penalty. However, we went to Spurs, and for the second season in a row we won.

As I said above, a cracking start to the league campaign. And the clubs record signing Papiss Cisse is really on form.

Subs Bench

August 2014 Continued

Europa League

We were unseeded and thus drawn against Croatian giants Dinamo. I thought it would be tricky but we could get through, and my was I wrong! We put in a sensational performance in the home leg and the 5-0 win in no way flattered us. The second leg was more controlled, and despite the close scoreline it was comfortable.

When the groups were drawn we were amongst the bottom seeds, and in all honesty we could have been handed a much tougher group;

Leverkusen will be tough both home and away, but I'm quietly confident that we can qualify for the next round.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 03-03-2012 at 20:35.

Subs Bench

After rejecting my request for improvements to youth facilities in the summer, finally the board are coming around to my way of thinking and looking further afield than the here and now.

Hopefully down the line they will listen to my request to improve the youth facilities.

Subs Bench

And in the same conversation I asked for a new contract, which was immediately offered to me;

And I of course duly accepted;

Well with them offering me another year on my deal and an extra £25,000 p/w, I could hardly say no!!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

A good month for us, even if we did benefit from a couple of own goals. Boltonat home was comfortable to say the least and we should have scored more. Blackburn was similar, but we didn't kill the game off and they equalised in the 90th minute through a corking long range effort. The game against Wolves was our most dominant Premier League match of the season thus far; we had 60% possession and created a host of good chances. More performances like that will hopefully become a more regular occurence.

League Cup - 3rd Round

Not a convincing performance against the League One side, but still we got our defence of the League Cup off to a solid start. Was also nice to see Danny Graham help himslef to a goal.

Subs Bench

September 2014 Continued

Europa League

An excellent start for us in our opening group game. As with the League Cup, I was very pleased to see Danny Graham come into the side and get on the scresheet. He's not terribly happy at the minute, but he's doing well when called upon.

Next up is Steaua away. A tricky looking test.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 04-03-2012 at 01:32.

First Team Squad Member

Very solid start to the season, should be confident of qualifying from that group.

Very nice start to the season. Brilliant August considering it was so tough but you have come through well. Papiss Cisse looks like he has accepted the challenge of Danny Welbeck being there and has started fantastic.

Subs Bench

Very solid start to the season, should be confident of qualifying from that group.
    Thanks. And yes, i think we should certainly get through the group.

Very nice start to the season. Brilliant August considering it was so tough but you have come through well. Papiss Cisse looks like he has accepted the challenge of Danny Welbeck being there and has started fantastic.
    Augest gave so much more than i expected to be honest.

Thus far, because of injuries, i've got them both in the team. Welbeck is at AMR, with Cisse upfront and Sinclair at AML. It's a very potent attacking machine at the minute.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 05-03-2012 at 11:16.

Reserves

Hope you can secure a return to Europe next year.

Tom where abouts did you get the International badges from because I cant find them.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

What can I say? I guess the only word is brilliant. If I wanted to be critical then I would say we conceded too many goals, but on the other hand we are now scoring more goals aswell. If the two 4-2 wins against West Brom and Fulham weren't good enough, then the stunning 3-1 win over Manchester United was just that, stunning. What I did like in October was how the goals were shared around amongst my front three. Cisse got four, while Welbeck and Sinclair both notched three apiece.

So top of the league we are. The question is though; can we stay there? Up next is two away games..............against Chelsea and Manchester City.

League Cup 4th Round

A solid if unspectacular win, but good to see players coming into the side, like Jazz Richards, playing well when called upon. We march on into the quarter finals.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 05-03-2012 at 23:21.

Subs Bench

October Continued

Europa League

A couple of super results. The win in Bucharest was more spectacular, but the win in Leverkusen was simply unbeliveable as we were such underdogs. We put up a cracking defensive disaplay, and thoroughly deserved to take the points. Now with three games left to play, two of which are at home, progression to the next round should definitely be ours.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 05-03-2012 at 23:11.

Reserves

Well done at Leverkusen as that was the big test.

Amateur

Fantastic thread! I've just finished reading all 4 pages. You've done terrific, well done! shall be checking back into this thread to see how your career develops.

Subs Bench

Well done at Leverkusen as that was the big test.
    Cheers. In all honesty we got battered, but the defence stood firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy_1988 View Post
    Fantastic thread! I've just finished reading all 4 pages. You've done terrific, well done! shall be checking back into this thread to see how your career develops.
    Thanks, and it's nice to know there's another user following the thread.

Nice transfers (as per usual) and a great start to the season.

Lets see if you can confirm against Chelsea and City.

Amateur

Super impressive results so far this season, it'd be incredible if you could finish above Arsenal this season. I can't believe you paid more for Naughton than Welbeck or Lansbury though, some very smooth business in the transfer market there!

Subs Bench

Nice to win a couple of awards for October..............

Just my second Manager Of The Month award in the Premiership.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Purefun View Post
    Nice transfers (as per usual) and a great start to the season.

Lets see if you can confirm against Chelsea and City.
    Thank you my old friend.

Chelsea is quite possible; they're on a rotte run of form.

Quote Originally Posted by arinceo View Post
    Super impressive results so far this season, it'd be incredible if you could finish above Arsenal this season. I can't believe you paid more for Naughton than Welbeck or Lansbury though, some very smooth business in the transfer market there!
    Well both Welbeck and Lansbury were on the transfer list. Whereas Naughton, who's transfer was arranged back in March, was first choice at Norwich, who were top of the Championship at the time and eventually gained promotion.

Subs Bench

Well I did actually manage to beat Chelsea in my last game, (more about that in my October update), and it seems that theChelsea chairman Roman Abramovich was impressed;

Reserves

I'd take that job if it was me. But I'm not so loyal, it would seem.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    I'd take that job if it was me. But I'm not so loyal, it would seem.
    No way, they're languishing down in 15thd whereas i'm still sitting top!

Semi Pro

A Welsh team top of the English Premier League? Call me a nationalist but I'll never be able to accept it.

Third Team

Looking very good so far,hopefully you can maintain some of that form.

I'd stay with Swansea and go for the crown, then resign.

Reserves

Definitely should stay for now, not just re: chelsea.

Reserves

The fact that Chelsea are 15th would make me even keener to take the job.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    A Welsh team top of the English Premier League? Call me a nationalist but I'll never be able to accept it.
    Haha the same thing had crossed my mind to be honest! Might have to sabotage myself!

Looking very good so far,hopefully you can maintain some of that form.
    Hopefully yes. The seond half of the season will be very interesting as I've only got two of the big six (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Tottenham), to play away from home. So, who knows?

I'd stay with Swansea and go for the crown, then resign.
    Well, even I'm coming around to the possibility that we could!

Definitely should stay for now, not just re: chelsea.
    I quite agree. The new contract I signed, (and requested myself), recently was because I actually want to stick around, not because it meant more money in my weekly wage.

The fact that Chelsea are 15th would make me even keener to take the job.
    I don't fancy the job, and that is partly because I also have a save currently going with them. So that also makes it a no-go.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

An almost perfect month for us, with the only blip being a defeat at mega rich Manchester City. Chelsea may be struggling, but winning away from home there is still a great achivement for us. We battled hard at City, but eventually the class of Sergio Aguero came through to the surface. After that defeat we recovered well, and won three lesser teams on the spin to keep up the pressure on Manchester United.

Next up is a trip to Ipswich Town.

Subs Bench

November Continued

Europa League

Not quite as good as the earlier win away at Leverkusen, indeed we equalised late on. However it still guaranteed qualification from the group, and just a point from our final two games will ensure we win the group.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 07-03-2012 at 20:18.

Subs Bench

This would be quite something;

Really shows how much we have grown during my time at the club.

Reserves

Do you want him?

Subs Bench

Do you want him?
    Absolutely - but his wages would be an issue. He's already on £15,000 p/w more than my highest paid player.

Amateur

Wow, looks like Swansea have really grown as a club under your management! Great career so far!

My own career has started similarly to yours at Seoul, hopefully its as good as your save!

Going great so far Tom. Keep it up .

Subs Bench

Tom where abouts did you get the International badges from because I cant find them.
    I cant remember as i downloaded way back when for FM10.

Quote Originally Posted by TWalsh View Post
    Wow, looks like Swansea have really grown as a club under your management! Great career so far!

My own career has started similarly to yours at Seoul, hopefully its as good as your save!
    Thank you for the kind words.

Seoul is a good place to start with the quality they have in their squad.

Going great so far Tom. Keep it up .
    Cheers. My seasonal expectations have certainly changed after the start we've had.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

A cracking month for us in the league, and we have now won our last seven games since defeat to Manchester City early in November. As good a win as we had at Ipswich it should have been many more, but still I can never moan about a 3-0 win away from home. Papiss Cisse then kept up his wonderful season thus far getting both the goals against West Ham after we had trailed early on. He then got the winner after just two minutes at Stoke. Our only fixture of the Christmas period, (I don't know why when most others had two or three games), saw us defeat Everton 2-0, this time with Danny Welbeck bagging a brace. The only downside of that game was Scott Sinclair getting injured - he will miss three weeks of January.

League Cup - Quarter Final

The 3-0 scoreline flattered us against the League One strugglers, but still a win is a win, and we are into the semi-finals, wehere we will play Fulham. The winners of our tie will face either Manchester United or QPR.

Subs Bench

December Continued

Europa League

We played poorly in Bursaspor and got away with the draw, but in the final group game we did very well to win 3-1 against Steaua after falling behind very early. I may have already been through, but by looking at my goalscorers you can see I played a very strong side. I find not rotating my players keeps them "at it", so to say. Also, I don't exactly have a big squad to be rotating!

In the next round we have drawn Panathinaikos.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 08-03-2012 at 19:57.

Decent draw in Europe there. Done well to top the group as well.

Like the fact how good your strikers seem to be peforming. Definitely looks like signing another quality one has brought the best out the other as well.

Subs Bench

Decent draw in Europe there. Done well to top the group as well.

Like the fact how good your strikers seem to be peforming. Definitely looks like signing another quality one has brought the best out the other as well.
    I would quite agree. I'm so pleased with Cisse to be honest, he really has done well this season.

I'll be perfectly honest though, this front three only came about because of early season injuries. Had Silvestre Varela not picked up an injury just when Scot Sinclair was coming back to full fitness, I may not have fielded these three together.

Subs Bench

Always nice to break a record.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

Another cracking month, and now even I'm coming round to the idea that we could actually win the title. The win against Liverpool came in the 92nd minute and just about deserved. Winning at Arsenal was ffortunate to say the least. We got battered, and got a fortunate equaliser just before the break and then former Arsenal man Kieran Gibbs slammed home to winner. A draw at home with Spurs followed, before we again came from behind to take the points at Bolton, debutant Kiko Femenia getting the winner late on.

FA Cup 3rd And 4th Rounds

Appalling. We did shockingly at Wigan and were fotunate to get an equaliser, and the replay wasn't much better. Fortunately Danny Welbeck came to our rescue to send us through to the fourth round. I retrorespect I wish he hadn't, because Sunderland, bottom of the Premier League, outclassed us at the Liberty Stadium.

Not good enough.

Subs Bench

January Continued

League Cup Semi-Finals

Yes! Again we are through to the final of the League Cup. We gave a controlled performance in the first leg, but a late goal for Fulham made the second leg look much tricker. However, we performed excellently at Craven Cottage, counter attacking to devasting effect.

In the final, rather surprisingly, we face Championship side QPR, who defeated Manchester United 2-1 on aggregate in the other semi.

Transfers In

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    A man for the future, and for now. He cost just £2.2million, and so far has given some very encouraging performances.

Joey Somers
    A free transfer after he was released from Bohemians. He's just 19, and has four star potential. He could really be something.

Yannis Tafer
    Brought in because of Danny Grahams poor form and Papiss Cisse going off to the African Nations Cup. He cost us a £375,000 loan fee, and we can see him for £2.5million at any time. He's here on a year long deal so has plenty of time to prove himself.

Jeremy Toulalan
    As with Tafer he has joined us a year long loan deal. He cost a fee of £1.4million and can be signed for £1million. However, he is on £70,000 p/w of which we are only paying half. If we were to try and sign him permanently then wages will be a likely stumbling block.

Kiko Femeni
    An exciting looking player. Set us back £200,000 and is here until the end of the season. However there is no fee agreed. Hopefully in his short time with us he can make an impact.

During the window we also signed Kieran Gibbs permanently. He cost £1.3million, and given his performances in the first half of the season while on loan he is a steal.

Transfers Out

We didn't sell or loan out any players during the window. John Bostock though asked for a contract termination due to a lack of first team action - which was granted. And I decided not take up the option to sign Silvestre Varela on a permanent deal. I felt at 29 he was getting a bit old.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 09-03-2012 at 20:59.

Reserves

A really strong set of signings there. A tilt at the title really does look on.

Reserves

This far into the season you're definitely contenders.

Subs Bench

A really strong set of signings there. A tilt at the title really does look on.
    This far into the season you're definitely contenders.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh don't say it too loud - I don't want my players to know!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

Not a great month, but we are still in there with a big chance of the title. The Blackburn result was disappointing - we battered them for the whole game, but just couldn't find the net. Against Wolves we went ahead, but they came back, and in the 86th minute they went ahead. But in the 92nd minute we got what could be a crucial equaliser. In our next fixture against West Brom we again benefited from a late goal; Scott Sinclair grabbing a priceless winner in the 91st minute.

Our next three league fixtures are as follows; Fulham (A), Manchester United (A), Mancheser City (H). A crucial period lies ahead.

Europa League 1st Knockout Round

Our amazing European adventure cntinues. We got a great win in Greece, which could have been more. In the second leg we twice let them equalise, but we persisted and got the winner eventually to take it 5-2 on aggregate. In the next round we face Genoa.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2014/2015 - Swansea City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

The Final
    vs.Queen Park Rangers

Superb! That's twice in a row we have won the Carling Cup now, and even though we didn't really have any big tests this year, we still did excellently to come out on top. Our performance in the final was much better this year - we kept the ball well and fashioned four clear cut chance during the game. In fact, Joe Allen had a 100% pass completion. We pressed from the off and eventually got the breakthrough thanks to Papiss Cisse. We then did our best to make it hard for ourselves by missing a penalty, but just a minute afterwards Danny Welbeck wrapped up the game.

Twice in a row - a terrific achievement.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 31-03-2012 at 23:33.

Third Team

Going well in third place and congratulations on the winning the Carling Cup

Reserves

Very comfortable cup win.

Subs Bench

Going well in third place and congratulations on the winning the Carling Cup
    Cheers. Given our games in hand on City, we're basically second as well!

Very comfortable cup win.
    Indeed, though it shoud have been more.

Nice to lift another trophy. Good work.

Amateur

Dream of a campaign so far mate, hopefully you can keep it going

Was a very interesting read. What's the aim with Swansea? Win the league and try and win in Europe? I always have the problem of finding somewhere to go that's motivating after reaching that stage in the game? You gonna move abroad then?

Semi Pro

Good reading. Well presented and a bit inspiring!

Subs Bench

Nice to lift another trophy. Good work.
    We're League Cup specialists here at Swansea!

Dream of a campaign so far mate, hopefully you can keep it going
    Our March fixtures so far certainly suggest so.

Quote Originally Posted by Niebiescy View Post
    Was a very interesting read. What's the aim with Swansea? Win the league and try and win in Europe? I always have the problem of finding somewhere to go that's motivating after reaching that stage in the game? You gonna move abroad then?
    The aim for this season is just to finish in the top half of the table, anything after that is a bonus. Long term the club need to match my ambition in terms of overall developement. If we carry on like this we need to expand the ground further and improve all the facilities.

As for me, i wouldnt mind trying my hand abroard again.

Quote Originally Posted by Smac View Post
    Good reading. Well presented and a bit inspiring!
    Cheers.

Subs Bench

I'd just like to say sorry fo the lack of updates over the past few days, I've been pretty busy. There should an update or two before the weekend is here.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

Not a brilliant month, but a very solid one and we have managed to keep up the pressure on the two Manchester club. If only one of those draws had been a win then we'd have been in a great position. Still, we had good away wins at Fulham and Sunderland, and a great battling draw at Old Trafford. With eight games to go, we are still in with a great chance of lifting the title.

League Cup - Final

A second League Cup victory in a row. It may have been against a Championship Club, but we still put in a very good performance. Maybe next season we can do it all again and make it three in a row?

Subs Bench

March Continued

Europa League - 2nd Knockout Round

Another superb couple of performances from us in the Europa League. We got a very good raw in Italy, and even took the lead! In the return leg we were senational - in the first half in particular when we scored three goals in the space of eleven minutes. The fourth came just before half time, and then in the second half we sat back and soaked up pressure, defending resolutely.

In the quarter finals we have been drawn against Malaga, and if we get through that we will face either Manchester United or Marseille.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 14-03-2012 at 18:51.

Third Team

A very solid month indeed,still in with a shot at the title and good luck against Malaga.

Subs Bench

A very solid month indeed,still in with a shot at the title and good luck against Malaga.
    Thanks.

With our remaining eight games I actually think we could do it - we don't have to face of the ther top seven sides in the league as it stands at the minute.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    With our remaining eight games I actually think we could do it - we don't have to face of the ther top seven sides in the league as it stands at the minute.
    Well then you've definitely got a shot, but could the Europa League ties take too much focus away from the league?

Subs Bench

Well then you've definitely got a shot, but could the Europa League ties take too much focus away from the league?
    I think tiredness is a more likely issue. Some of my more influential players are starting to feel the strain after the long season we've had.

Amateur

Well hopefully you can rotate them around a bit a keep them fresh for the big games

Amateur

Good to see an Irish regen make it to the Prem with potential

Subs Bench

Well hopefully you can rotate them around a bit a keep them fresh for the big games
    I will try, but it is my big player who are getting tired. So it could make it difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by wearesporting View Post
    Good to see an Irish regen make it to the Prem with potential
    Yes it makes a refreshing change!

-------------

Sorry about the lack of updates recently. Over the weekend I went to Germany to watch Borussia Dortmund and Weder Bremen and wasn't back until yesterday evening. My next update should be posted tomorrow.

Tafer and Toulalan.

How are they doing?

Banned

I've just skimmed through all your updates so far, just to get up to speed with things. Absolutely fantastic career so far, some great moments, promotion for Bristol, then taking on Boston and winning the league, to then being offered the Swansea job and taking the bull by the horns and smashing up the league

I do kind of take some inspiration from the way you do your updates. I think I may do mine similar because it's much clearer and some people don't like to have to read through massive posts like the ones I do

Lets hope you can push from the league title!

Subs Bench

Tafer and Toulalan.

How are they doing?
    Neither of them has played much to be honest. Since they arrived the players i already had have been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    I've just skimmed through all your updates so far, just to get up to speed with things. Absolutely fantastic career so far, some great moments, promotion for Bristol, then taking on Boston and winning the league, to then being offered the Swansea job and taking the bull by the horns and smashing up the league

I do kind of take some inspiration from the way you do your updates. I think I may do mine similar because it's much clearer and some people don't like to have to read through massive posts like the ones I do

Lets hope you can push from the league title!
    Thanks for the kind words.

However, it is SRL88 who should take credit for the updates as i basically just copied his!

Amateur

How do you upload photos and make your own page im trying but it wont seem to work???

Subs Bench

A nice little milestone.

Banned

Good milestone Now for 300! Will we see another update soon?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Good milestone Now for 300! Will we see another update soon?
    April should be up tonight at some point.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2015 - Swansea City

Premier League

A great start to the month put us in a great position in the title race, and at one stage we lead by four points. But two draws at the end of the month, one a dreadful home draw with Ipswich, really hurt our title bid. Against West Ham our goal came in the 88th minute, and even though it is looking unlikely we will lift the trophy, it could be a crucial point.

Next up in the league we have Stoke at home, and we finish up with two away games against Aston Villa and Everton. Even if we dont win the league, it has been an amazing effort from us this season, and Champions League football will be coming to Wales next season.

Europa League

Our amazing European adventure continues. Against Malage we were amazing, particularly in the away leg where we played a perfect counter attacking game. We surprisingly faced Marseille in the semi's who knocked out Manchester United. We took the lead in the first leg, but we then missed a penalty which would have made it 2-0. In the second half Marseille grabbed two goals and head into the second leg with a slender lead.

We really have a great chance going into the second leg. Maybe I should rest players againt Stoke ahead of the game?

Last edited by tomtuck01; 21-03-2012 at 00:30.

Third Team

Now it's nail biting time.Good luck

Its going to be very tight going into the final 3 games. Good luck Tom .

Even if you rest players I feel you should have enough to beat Stoke. You have a great chance of making a European Final though so I would have that as a high priority because it will be tough to see both Manchester clubs dropping enough points for you to overhaul both.

Amateur

Comon!! Sneak the title!

First Team Squad Member

Not read for this for awhile due to internet problems. Did not expect such a high placing in the league absolutely brilliant dude.

Good luck in the return leg and in the league, who are the Manchester clubs last games against?

Subs Bench

Now it's nail biting time.Good luck
    I may need it! City have three easy-ish games, and although United have to face Chelsea, even that is at Old Trafford!

Its going to be very tight going into the final 3 games. Good luck Tom .

Even if you rest players I feel you should have enough to beat Stoke. You have a great chance of making a European Final though so I would have that as a high priority because it will be tough to see both Manchester clubs dropping enough points for you to overhaul both.
    I would ten to agree. A European final would be such a huge thing for the club to achieve, whereas as even if I will all three of my remaining league games I doubt I'll win the title!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Comon!! Sneak the title!
    I'm trying!!

Not read for this for awhile due to internet problems. Did not expect such a high placing in the league absolutely brilliant dude.

Good luck in the return leg and in the league, who are the Manchester clubs last games against?
    Thanks alot Acid Burn, even I'm shocked!

United have Blackburn (H), West Brom (A), and Chelsea (H).
    City have Bolton (A), Wolves (H), and Fulham (A).

That is why I can't see us doing it!
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 21-03-2012 at 17:22.

Reserves

I'm on tenterhooks over here. It's so tense!

First Team Squad Member

Can't see City messing up but Chelsea is a tough game for United, might sneak second but I hope I am wrong and you win it.

Reserves

Mega excited.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast