+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2013 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

Absolutely thrilled, to say the least.

A tough last month of the season which saw us play seven games could have proved very tricky, but was infact far less taxing than I thought it would be. Thankfully we got the title, and therefore promotion, wrapped up early in the month, first by beating Woking, and then by rounding it off in style against Braintree away. Following that we negotiated some trickier looking fixtures with the feeling that the season had ended, though still showed our supperiority by winning three of those final five games.

It wasn't a thrilling end to the season against Forrest Green Rovers, but with first place secured three weeks earlier and a hectic schedule throughout the month, I was just pleased the players were fit enough to put up a bit of a performance.

First Team Squad Member

[

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2012/13 - Boston United FC

FA Trophy Final

How We Got To The Final

The Final
    vs.Newport County

Anther trophy to add to the collection! At the start of the season it wasn't a priority, but as we got further in the competition I thought we could really go on and win it. We weren't at our best in the final after a long hard season, but we, (or Aaron Charity), took out chances when they came. The only bad point was them scoring a late consolation.

Brilliant! My fourth trophy as a manager in just under two years in football!

Last edited by tomtuck01; 16-02-2012 at 17:28.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season 2012/13 Review - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Final League Table (1st, promoted as champions)

Not to blow my own trumpet, but frankly that season is amazing. One of the favourites with the bookies to be relegated, but we showed them! Not only was I pleased about getting promoted, but we did in suxh style, losing just four games and finishing the season as joint top scorers. Just a brilliant effort from the squad. My second league win in my career thus far - superb.

FA Cup

Knocked out after 1st round replay

We didn't get very far, but I was pleased with our little run. We did excellently early-ish on in the season to get past Mansfield, and we were just superb in the two games against MK Dons. We probably didn't deserve to progress, but to miss out after been so close was gutting!

FA Trophy

Winners

Great performance to win the competiton. I would have been delighted at the start of the season to get as far as the semi-finals, but to lift the trophy was a great effort. Even though we did face mainly sides from the divisions below, we did have some great results along the way, inparticular the two legged play-off against Blyth. The final wasn't a great performance, but we just about deserved it on the basis that we took our chances when they came.

Other Info

Transfers - Finances

Alot of transfer acitivty at the club last summer after the teams promtion to BSP, but my did it bring rewards. Couldn't be happier with the boys I brought into the club after I took over. Jake Sinclair, after his release from Suthampton, was particularly a star.

Financially we have done well over the past year. At the minute we ae actually over the wage budget, but since taking charge the club has made an overall profit of jut over £31,235, which for such a small club isn't a bad effort at all.

Squad

We had to rely heavily on tw players, and I think to survive in the football league a few changes wuld need to be made. Having said that, if I was to be in charge for next season I would be inclined to give most of this squad a fair crack of the whip.

Top 3 Players

Aaron Charity
    Just unbelievable. Goal after goal came his way. At one stage though he did go 11 hhours without a goal. If it had not been for that run, god knows how he would have done! Think he'd definitely be able to step up the League 2 next term.

Jake Sinclair
    For such a young boy he was immense. 17 when he joined, but he really performed like a man. Upfront or outwide, he put in performance after perfrmance. As with Charity, I think he'd be able to make the step up to League 2. For such a young man, surely he can nly get better?

Mamadou Traore
    And to think at the start of the season I wasn't even picking him! Assist, after assist, after assit. Traore proved to be invaluable in the middle of midfield, but I'm not sure at all that he'd be able to make the step up to the fotball league.

What Next

Unles I get an offer from the Championship I think I will probably stay. But I'm not making any promises. Hopping from club to club with quick success seems to be what I'm good at., so maybe I should stick to that? My worry with Boston, is that as much as I'd like to go into the football league with the same squad, I think big changes would be needed to survive. Tempting as it is, I'm not sure I'd be up fr the fight.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 17-02-2012 at 22:03.

Just 4 defeats all season is fantastic work. Great effort!!! Good luck in the Cup Final.

First Team Squad Member

Hmmmmmm League One after they were relegated?

Would be an interesting challenge at Barnsley. Definitely worth applying for to see what comes of it.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Would be an interesting challenge at Barnsley. Definitely worth applying for to see what comes of it.
    Didn't apply for the job and wasn't approached anyway.

I've been linked with a few other jobs, and even applied for a couple, but as of yet no offers. Reckon I'll stay with Boston for now - there's a new contract on the table just waiting for me to put my name to it.

Reserves

You're on a roll anyway.

Semi Pro

Could go places with Boston but I'd have looked at going to Barnsley.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season Preview - 2013/14 - Boston United FC

Board Expectations

Legaue 2: Avoid relegation
    FA Cup: Learn from the experience
    League Cup: Learn from the experience
    Johnstones Paint Trophy: Learn from the experience

Personal Expectations

Legaue 2: The same as the board; avoid relegation
    FA Cup: A Second Round appearance would be great
    League Cup: Same as with the FA Cup
    Johnstones Paint Trophy: Just to go as far as we can

Budgets

Transfer: £0
    Wages: £17,403 (Currently spending £13,773)
    Balance: £-132,529 (Down £175,769 from last season)

The finances are a concern. It is purely the boards fault though for spanding so much on on replacing some of the standing area with seating. Idiots.

Squad

Not many numbers at the minute, but it is only early July and that will n doubt change before the start of the season. I have a few players in the pipeline and hpefully they will decide to join us.

Key Players

Aaron Charity
    Last season he was unreal in helping us get promoted. If he does half as well this term, I think we could easily manage to stay in the division.

Jake Sinclair
    The same as with Charity really. Last season he was excellent in the BSP. Hopefully this season he can do ok aswell. For such a young lad it will interesting to see if he makes the step up.

Rob Kiernan
    Young central defender brought in on a free. Looks like he could be very good at this level.

Good luck with your aim to survive relegation. Im sure you can pull it off.

First Team Squad Member

Goodness me this is a shock.............

First Team Squad Member

Hmmmm stick with Boston in League 2 in debt and with no resources. Or go to Swansea. Just promoted back to the Premier League and with a £20million transfer budget.

This really isn't a tough decision to make.

First Team Squad Member

That would be a great job.

Amateur

Yeah, it's a no brainer.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    That would be a great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by #TW12VE View Post
    Yeah, it's a no brainer.
    I have thought, and decided, the same!

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    I have thought, and decided, the same!
    Should make a good thread even better in my opinion. Look forward to seeing how you change the team for the EPL.

First Team Squad Member

Given the date that I have taken over this job, I will be combining a New Club/Season Preview Post all into one, with the exception of a transfer update, which will follow before the start of the season or after the end of the transfer window - it just depends what I can be bothered doing at the time!!

------------------------------------------------

Thomas Lewis' Career - New Club/Season Preview 2013/14 - Swansea City A.F.C

Name: Swansea City A.F.C
    Nickname: The Swans
    Year Founded: 1912
    Stadium: The Liberty Stadium (20,520)

Well I absolutely loved my season with Boston, but once I was approached by Swansea there was really no choice, and I readily accepted their offer. The only unfortunate thing about it is the timing; it's the 4th of August and there are only two weeks to go until the start of the Premier League season, and less than four weeks until the end of the transfer window.

Despite that I can't get wait to get stuck into what is my fourth job in management already. My time at Boston was my longest at any club by some way, and even that was only 394 days. At this moment in time I haven't even reached 100 games in management yet!

Finances

The finances aren't in the greatest shape, but the club will earn a lot of money throughout the season from TV rights, which why I guess they offered me such a massive transfer budget. Still, they will need to be stabilised at some point, becuase there is no guarantee that we will not be relegated this term!

Board Expectations

Premier League: Stay clear of relegation
    FA Cup: Reach the 5th round
    League Cup: Reach the 4th round

Personal Expectations

Premier League: If we finish in the top 14 spots I'll be delighted
    FA Cup: A quarter final appearance wuld be unreal
    League Cup: Just to go as far as we can

Budget:

Transfer: £20,155,190
    Wages: £397,279 (Currently spending £446,066)
    Balance: £2,371,850 (Full overview above)

The wage budget needs looking at, but I can always adjust the transfer budget if needs be. The transfer kitty is excellent, and I can't wait to get active in the market.

Squad

There are some very good players in the squad, and the age of it is good. Some of the players though are on very big wages and that will need to be addressed. I will certainly be looking to bring in a new central defender before the transfer window shuts.

Key Players

Michel Vorm
    Superb goalkeeper. His wages are an issue but I'll be keeping him and trying to shift wages from elsewhere in the squad. He'll be crucial to our campaign.

Jay Rodrigiez
    A new signing from Burnley this summer befor I took over. A good goalscorer is always useful and Rodriguez has some very good stats. He'll certainly be spearheading my attack this term.

Scott Sinclair
    Was very surprised to see this man still at the club as on my other saves he has usually left in the opening transfer window! Hoping he cane reproduce the real life form that helped Swansea to promotion in 2011. His pace will be a terrific asset to us.

First Team Squad Member

Rodriguez looks good I have always wanted to sign him. Any decent players available on frees or for loan?

First Team Squad Member

Rodriguez looks good I have always wanted to sign him. Any decent players available on frees or for loan?
    So far i've got Henri Lansbury in on loan, and i've agreed a loan deal for Josh McEachran - he just has to put pen to paper. If he joins, then these two, along with Joe Allen, will form a very interesting looking all British midfield three.

I may have a couple of a good strikers at the club already, but i'm also in negotiations with a fairly big name who would smash the clubs transfer record.

Watch this space!

First Team Squad Member

Looking forward to seeing who it is, Allen was pretty good for my Wales squad.

Excellent move there Tom. Really looking forward to seeing you get stuck in at Swansea.

First Team Squad Member

Looking forward to seeing who it is, Allen was pretty good for my Wales squad.
    Well i'll have to keep you in suspense until later today when i can post screenshots and unveil him properly!

Excellent move there Tom. Really looking forward to seeing you get stuck in at Swansea.
    Cheers. Still cant quite understand why they were so keen on me. Credit to the chairman for giving young managers a chance!!

Reserves

So good start with loans.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    So good start with loans.
    Indeed, Lansbury will be an excellent addition if his first appearance is anything to go by. Hopefully McEachran will join and will do just aswell.

First Team Squad Member

Well I know some of you have waited with baited breath to see who my big signing is, and here is the man;

He cost more than double the clubs previous transfer record, which was £3.5million spent on Danny Graham in 2011.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 22-02-2012 at 17:27.

First Team Squad Member

Brilliant signing didn't think it would be someone that good. It is a decent price for him as well.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - Transfer Window Update - Swansea City

Transfers In

A fair bit was done throughout the window, but only the bottom four players on the list joined after I had been appointed as manager. The two players signed on loan before my appointment had their deals terminated, and altogether only three of the nine players signed before my arrival are wanted at the club.

Henri Lansbury
    Will be a creative force in the middle of midfield this term. Hopefully I can get him to join permanently come the end of the season, but there is no fee agreed.

Morten Skjonsberg
    A central defender was urgently needed, and althiugh this player isn't sensational I'm sure he'll prove to be steady enough for a season or two.

Papiss Cisse
    The clubs record signing and I'm hoping for big things from him. So far he hasn't quite clicked into gear, but I'm sure that will come with time.

Younes Kaboul
    A great signing I hope. He's easily my best central defender and will slot straight into the side after the international break.

The annying thing about the transfer window was that first Josh McEachran, and then Jacob Mellis, both rejected loan moves to the club.

Transfers Out

Just the bottom five deals were after my arrival. The two key departures were Lass Schone and Steeven Joseph-Monrose. Schone's wages were far too high (£36,500 p/w), and Joseph-Monrose was on £20,000 p/w. He joined just last season for £90,000, so a great profit for the club.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 22-02-2012 at 22:33.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2013 - Swansea City

Premier League

A very solid start to life with Swansea. The first two games were better than the third against Bolton, even though the game at Man City ended in defeat whereas we took a point off Bolton. Our opening game was infront of the TV cameras, and we gave a great performance against Aston Villa, thumping them 5-1. After that was a very god performance at City. We defended well, and nearly snatched a point at the end, but it wasn't to be and all we took from the game was pride in our resillient peformance. The Bolton game at the end of the month was dissapointing though. After taking the lead early, Boltn then went down to ten men. However, we couldn't get another goal and then gave away a penalty. They equalised and the game petered out after that. Still, not complaining with four points from ur three games thus far.

League Cup

Not a great performance against the Championship strugglers, but a controlled one. The real positives were the good performances of players who stepped into the side such as scorer of the opening goal, Jazz Richards.

In the third round we face anther Championship side; Hull City.

First Team Squad Member

It's taken me four different clubs, but finally I have reached my 100th game!

Reserves

I know the feeling, took me 5 years.

Great start to life at Swansea.

First Team Squad Member

I know the feeling, took me 5 years.
    Blimey and i thought i'd taken my time!

Great start to life at Swansea.
    Thanks, though i think it could be better. September isn't going great thus far, and i'm struggling to implement the tactical system i want to use. The victory over Villa may have been a bit of a false dawn.......

International Squad

A great start against Villa

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2013 - Swansea City

Premier League

We were poor at Wolves, but credit goes to the players who came from behind twice. Against Liverpool we put in a really good performance, and had we nicked it then it would have been deserved. And in the final game of the month at QPR we got a well deserved first away win of the season. Papiss Cisse still hasn't scored, but he did assist Danny Graham's goal that gave us victory. Also that clean sheet makes it three in a row now in all competitions.

League Cup - 3rd Round

As with the second round, not a great performance against Championship opposition, but with a changed side we got the job done. In the fourth round we travel to Wolves, and seen as it is Premier League opposition I will probably field a strong side.

First Team Squad Member

Looks like he could be worth a punt on a free.

Still going well in the league. Nothing to be concerned about yet. Decent signing in Bostock .

First Team Squad Member

Still going well in the league. Nothing to be concerned about yet. Decent signing in Bostock .
    I was just getting a little worried about the run of draws and the lack of goals since the opening day of season. So far though October has served us well!

As for Bostock, i may have trouble developing him as no one is willing to tutor him, therefore i cant get his determination up.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2013 - Swansea City

Premier League

Well what can I say? Another couple of cleansheets kept, my big money signing getting amongst the goals at last, and a victory over the side that at the time topped the table. We started with a pretty drab 0-0 draw at home to Blackburn, but after the internatinal break we got a great win at Fulham, with Papiss Cisee grabbing his first goals for the club. We followed that with a brilliant win at home to Arsenal.

Overall we're still not quite playing the football I want, but we're getting results and I can't really complain about that!

League Cup - 4th Round

It doesn't look spectacular, but in a way it was. Trailing 1-0 at half time, I sent the side out with a bit of a bollocking, but we then went 2-0 behind. We hit back though to level at 2-2, and eventually take the game on penalties. As with the previus rounds, not a particularly good perofrmance, but we got the job done.

In the quarter finals we have been drawn at home to Arsenal.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 24-02-2012 at 21:18.

First Team Squad Member

Errrr no thanks.

First Team Squad Member

My stock seems to be rising................

As with the Osasuna link though, it's a thanks, but no thanks.

October was a great month. Nice win over Arsenal .

Even though you arent interested in either job, its nice to be gaining a reputation.

First Team Squad Member

October was a great month. Nice win over Arsenal .

Even though you arent interested in either job, its nice to be gaining a reputation.
    Haha there's not much more I can do but agree with that post!!

I find it difficult to believe that you could disagree with a Liverpool fan ;).

First Team Squad Member

As I said before, my stock is certainly rising...........

Reserves

Probably still not tempting though.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2013 - Swansea City

Premier League

Well our amazing start to the season goes on. We started the month with a terrific win away to Birmingham where Papiss Cisse kept up his brilliant recent form with a stunning hattrick. If I thought that was good, then the win infront of the Sky camers against Manchester United was even better, and the match report said it all. After the international break we kept things up with another win and another clean sheet, this time at Wigan. The month though finished disappointingly when we lost at home to West Brom - Peter Odemwingie capitalising on a rare defensive error.

Still, we sit in sixth place after thirteen games, with the best defensive record in the league. Having said that, had we beat West Brom we would have been up in second - beyond my wildest dreams.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 27-02-2012 at 11:34.

First Team Squad Member

Brilliant month, such a pity about the West Brom result but the other results more than made up for it.

First Team Squad Member

Brilliant month, such a pity about the West Brom result but the other results more than made up for it.
    I did think that aswell. Normally I'd have been really frustrated about the loss, but to have won the other three without conceding made it less of a problem.

An excellent month Tom. Such a good result against United .

First Team Squad Member

An excellent month Tom. Such a good result against United .
    Well they're in a bit of disarray at the minute; after appointing David Moyes in the summer after Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement, he was sacked after a very poor start. Now they have appointed Chris Hughton, and after eighteen they're down in ninth!!!
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 25-02-2012 at 16:34.

You wont see me complaining about that .

Youth Team

hopefully you stay with Swans for a few years and reject any offers that come your way

Semi Pro

I'm sure if you hang on another couple of months the United job will be up for grabs ;)

First Team Squad Member

You wont see me complaining about that .
    Disgraceful behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    hopefully you stay with Swans for a few years and reject any offers that come your way
    Well I am thinking that that is the way I'm going to go for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ToffeeViola View Post
    I'm sure if you hang on another couple of months the United job will be up for grabs ;)
    Na not a this stage, far too early in my young career!

Third Team

Did well at Boston,but made a successful step up to a bigger job in Swansea.You've made a terrific start,keep up the good work

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2013 - Swansea City

Premier League

Another great month for us as we won three, drew two, and lost one of our six fixtures. The defeat at Everton at the start of the month was soon forgotten as we beat Chelsea with another top performance against a big side. We then got a couple of decent draws away from home before a lacklustre home win against Stoke. However, we finished the month in style coming from behind to win away at Tottenham.

League Cup - Quarter Final

Rather than posting any kind of description of the the match, I will instead post a screenshot - it's brilliantly self explanatory;

Next up in the semi-finals is Balckburn. The winners will play against either Wigan or Sunderland. A chance of a trophy perhaps??

Things continue to get better with the Swans. Great season so far and you have a fantastic chance of lifting the League Cup with Blackburn being the only side close to you in the league table thus far.

First Team Squad Member

Things continue to get better with the Swans. Great season so far and you have a fantastic chance of lifting the League Cup with Blackburn being the only side close to you in the league table thus far.
    I keep expecting the bubble to burst, but now in January things continue to go well! And if we get past Blackburn then i think the League Cup is there for the taking.

Reserves

Probably can get it, I've always found it by far the easiest English trophy, always doing very well in that while rarely doing anything in the F.A. cup for some reason.

First Team Squad Member

More brilliant results, going better than I expected to by miles.

First Team Squad Member

Probably can get it, I've always found it by far the easiest English trophy, always doing very well in that while rarely doing anything in the F.A. cup for some reason.
    Without a doubt. I think it's because alot of the bigger teams rest their players for the League Cup.

More brilliant results, going better than I expected to by miles.
    And better than I expected!! The results against the bigger sides so far have been extraordinary.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

Although we only won one from four games this month, I'd still say it was a good month. The home draws against Manchester City and Wolves weren't bad at all on the basis that they are both above us in the table. The opening game of the month at Villa was disappointing as they equalised late on after we had failed to put the game to bed. Away at Bolton we put in a really good performance, and thorughly deserved our highest away win of the season so far.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

A solid result against the Championship opposition. Good to see Danny Graham score in a rare start, and John Fleck get on target on his full debut.

First Team Squad Member

January 2014 Continued

League Cup Semi-Finals

We did it, we're through to the League Cup final!! The first leg was a bit crushing as we conceded a late equaliser, but the second leg was the other way. We took the lead but they pegged us back, but in the 86th minute Cisse bagged us the goal that gave us a place in the final.

In the final we will face Sunderland, who battered Wigan 6-2 on aggregate.

Transfers - In

John Fleck
    A very good signing, and at £500k he really was a bit of a bargain. Hopefully he can give us a few more goals from the middle of midfield.

Taner Yalcin
    Cost me a £400k loan fee but will only really be a back-up for when others are tired. There is no fee agreed.

Silvestre Varela
    He's on a 12month loan at a cost of £250k with a future fee of £1.5million agreed. I've struggled all season in the AMR position, so hopefully he can be the answer.

Transfers - Out

One player left the club, and that was fullback Mikael Dorsin, who joined West Brom for £1.1millin. At 32, he really wasn't needed and was just taking up £15k p/w of my wage budget.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 27-02-2012 at 22:57.

Reserves

Nice going Tom . If only some of those draws were wins, you could be looking at going for the league title . Reminiscent of Forest back in 199 something. Promotion from what is the Championship and then we finished 3rd. Not sure how close we were to winning the league.

The fact that you are still up there at this stage of the season is fantastic. A brilliant defensive record as well. Keep it up!!!

Congratulations on reaching the League Cup Final .

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Nice going Tom . If only some of those draws were wins, you could be looking at going for the league title .
    I know. Seems to be a problem we have when it comes to finishing teams off. As you can see, we don't score that many goals really.

The fact that you are still up there at this stage of the season is fantastic. A brilliant defensive record as well. Keep it up!!!
    Congratulations on reaching the League Cup Final .
    Why thank you kind sir.

The defensive record is I think a good and a bad thing. I have the team set up so tight and compact that we don't concede many, but on the other hand don't score so many either. Maybe if we were a bit more open we may concede more, but also score more.

Semi Pro

You can win a title with 1-0 every week, but you can't with 2-2 and 3-3. Having conceded only 14 in 23, yet still scoring more than a goal a game would suggest that you don't need to change a thing.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

Another good month for us, with the exception of the defeat at Liverpool at the start of it. After the game at Anfield we bounced back well, winning three games out of three to hand me the February Manager Of The Month award. What was also pleasing was the fact that we had some different goalscorers this month, rather than just Cisse and Sinclair, as is usually the case.

The table, even though we have played a game more than everyone else around us, makes for fantastic viewing. Frankly, I'm amazed that we have kept this up so far into the campaign.

FA Cup 4th And 5th Rounds

We are through to the quarter finals after two solid wins in the fourth and fifth rounds. Against Birmingham we dominated, and the 1-0 scoreline doesn't didn't do us justice. Against Southampton we maybe didn't play quite aswell, but we took our chances when they came, and for the second time against Championshi opposition we won 3-1.

In the quarter finals we have a really tough game; Manchester United, away.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2013/2014 - Swansea City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

The Final
    vs.Sunderland

Not a great performance by any stretch of the imagination - we didn't keep the ball well for the first time in a while, and didn't create loads of chances. But we defended well throughout, limiting the Sunderland to no clear cut chances. We took one of our two clear cut chances, with Silvestre Varela getting his third goal since joining us in January, to hand us the League Cup trophy and Europa League football next term.

Marvellous stuff.

Third Team

Congratulations on winning the League Cup with Swansea,Europe here come The Swans

Reserves

Very tight victory.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Congratulations on winning the League Cup with Swansea,Europe here come The Swans
    Thanks. Looking forward to next season already!

Very tight victory.
    It was yes, but just about good enough.

Reserves

Nice one Tom . Surely you're starting to think of winning the League? I would be .

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

A tough month for us. We lost both our away games to Arsenal and Manchester United, but we can hold our heads high from both fixtures. In the United game, David De Gea was named man of the match. Against Birmingham we were very lacklustre, and we barely deserved the point. We finished the month with a scappy win over Wigan, but still it was a big three points as it kept us in touch with fourth placed Arsenal.

League Cup Final

Not a great performance, but we won the trophy and secured European football for next season. I'm already looking forward to the adventure!

First Team Squad Member

March 2014 Continued

FA Cup - Quarter Final

We faced Manchester United in the quarter final of the FA Cup, and although they played a slightly under strength side, this screenshot speaks for its self;

Stunning from the team, and inparticular Silvestre Varela, who has been excellent since he joined on loan from Porto in January.

The semi-finals see us face the other Manchester club.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 28-02-2012 at 23:19.

First Team Squad Member

Nice one Tom . Surely you're starting to think of winning the League? I would be .
    Well it hadn't really come across my mind to be honest, and after March any chance of that is well and truly gone!

Reserves

I suspect someone isn't too far away from a move to a really big club.

Good going.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    I suspect someone isn't too far away from a move to a really big club.

Good going.
    Cheers.

However, i won't be leaving this summer.

Take a bow son!!! .

Reserves

Are you trying to mess up the European places . You'd think the cups would be a distraction for your team, obviously not.

Got your eye on any new players yet? Or too soon to say?

First Team Squad Member

Take a bow son!!! .
    Why thank you.

Got your eye on any new players yet? Or too soon to say?
    I've got a couple signed up already as a matter of fact.

Going strong there tom, keep it up.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

A good month with two solid away draws and two wins at home. Even though Chelsea aren't having a good season, a draw at Stamford Bridge is still a very credible result. The two wins in the second hlaf on the month were typically solid, and atleast give us a slight chance of finishing in the top four.

FA Cup - Semi-final

A great effort, but in all honesty it could have been better though had Scott Sinclair not missed a penalty in normal time. Still, we performed admirably and can hold our heads high.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 29-02-2012 at 22:00.

Its been an amazing season for you. Next season you have something fantastic to build on as well. A prolific striker needed maybe?

First Team Squad Member

Its been an amazing season for you. Next season you have something fantastic to build on as well. A prolific striker needed maybe?
    Cheers.

You are right about needing a more consistent goalscorer - Cisse is either brilliant or rubbish.

Semi Pro

Really enjoying this thread. Congrats on the successes!

A quick question (well, two actually):

Are you still sticking with the same 4231 formation? How are you using Scott Sinclair in that? I play a similar formation and he doesn't seem to get the same amount of goals for me as he does with you.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeesterCat View Post
    Really enjoying this thread. Congrats on the successes!

A quick question (well, two actually):

Are you still sticking with the same 4231 formation? How are you using Scott Sinclair in that? I play a similar formation and he doesn't seem to get the same amount of goals for me as he does with you.
    Thanks alot.

With Swansea I have actually being using a 4-5-1 formation, (back four, defensive midfielder, two central midfielders, AML/R, and a striker), as it is a bit more defenisve minded than the 4-2-3-1 formation I was employing early on in my career. In this system Scott Sinclair plays at AML, as Inside Forward - Support.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

We started the final month of the season with a great win at Stoke, but we couldn't follow up that result and ended the season with a couple of 0-0 draws at home against London opposition. Still, it meant we finished the season going the final eight games unbeaten, and keeping three cleansheets from our last four fixtures to help us finish with the best defensive record in the league.

------------------------------------------------

A full end of season review will follow either later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 01-03-2012 at 17:58.

Reserves

Good season in the European places, even though you qualified anyway.

First Team Squad Member

Brilliant season, I enjoyed reading even though you beat my team in the final. What interests me most will be seeing what moves you make in the summer transfer window.

Third Team

Excellent season,well done on finishing 6th

First Team Squad Member

Good season in the European places, even though you qualified anyway.
    Had I not won the League Cup then yes I would have still qualified for Europe, but only because a side who finished in the top five won the FA Cup. If that had not been the case, then the team that finishes sixth doesn't get into Europe.

Brilliant season, I enjoyed reading even though you beat my team in the final. What interests me most will be seeing what moves you make in the summer transfer window.
    Haha sorry about that. If it's any consolation they played well against me.!

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Excellent season,well done on finishing 6th
    Cheers.

First Team Squad Member

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season 2013/14 Review - Swansea City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final League Table (6th, qualified for Europe after League Cup win)

A fantastic season for us, and had just a few of those draws been turned into victories we could have even finished in the top four! Who'd have thought the media predicted us to be ne of the relegated sides! To finish the season with the joint least defeats and the best defence was superb. Despite my past success with my former clubs, this league campaign is easily my best so far.

FA Cup

Beaten In The Semi-finals

A great effort by us in the FA Cup. We may have had a fairly comfortable run to the quarter finals, but then we faced a tough test against Manchester United. They rested a few players, but we put in a superb performance, winning 4-2 at Old Trafford. In the semi-final against Manchester City we put in a very performance, and had Scott Sinclair tucked away a penalty we could have gone through to the final. As it was, we lost on penalties, and City went on to win the final against Liverpool.

League Cup

Winners

A marvellous League Cup performance from us, the the final aginst Sunderland wasn't great, but in a final it doesn't matter aslong as you win. Another trophy in my locker, and barring promotion trophies, Swansea's first tropy since lifting the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in 2006.

Other Info

Transfers - Finances

Alot of transfer activity before the season and started and some business in the January window, although only deals that occured after August 14th were by me. Big money signing Papiss Cisse had a solid debut season, bagging 15 goals from 41 appearances, though I think I may need a more prolific goalscorer if I'm to take Swansea to the next level. Loan signings Younes Kaboul, Henri Lansbury, and Silvestre Varela all had very good impacts on the team, and I'll be trying to sign them all up permanently.

Financially we have done excellently this term, mainly due to the £12million prize money we got for our final position in the Premier League. Another season in the Premier League next term will help us again, and given our performances and very likely rise in reputation, we should get a little bit more from television rights.

Squad

The side definitely over-achieved, and to put in a repeat performance next term reinforcements will be needed. I'll be trying to sign up some of the loan players we had this term, and ingeneral just looking for better players overall. A top central defender is needed, and as mentioned further up, a more prolific goalscorer. A few players are out of contract in the summer, including Alexander Farnerud and Ferrie Bodde, and these players will be let go.

Top 3 Players

Scott Sinclair
    Top goalscorer and top assister, Sinclair was excellent for the side this season. This season he also earned his first international call up, and a fist cap is surely not far away. He'd been linked with Champions Tottenham, but I won't be selling him.

Angel Rangel
    A steady performer for us at rightback this season, even chipping in with a few assists and a goal. Lord knows why he was on the transfer list when I jojed the club.

Michel Vorm
    Brilliant. Without him our season my not have been half as good. Twentyone cleansheets in all competitions was phenomenal.

What Next

Get stuck into the transfer market! I'm not going to leave Swansea except for one job - the England national team. I definitely won't leave for another club, but if I were to be offered the England job I would leave Swansea. Doing two jobs at once isn't for me.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 04-04-2012 at 17:20.

Reserves

hmmm, I thought I had posted in here the other day but it appears I haven't...

Fantastic thread, this. Brilliant work with Boston and you're already doing very well with Swansea. Congrats on the Carling Cup Hopefully you impress in Europe and manage to challenge for a top four position.

KUTGW

First Team Squad Member

Wow, the season has barely finished and I've been linked with a string of jobs!

I've even been linked with the Manchester City job.............

None of which are for me though. I'm a Swan!!!

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDownie View Post
    Fantastic thread, this. Brilliant work with Boston and you're already doing very well with Swansea. Congrats on the Carling Cup Hopefully you impress in Europe and manage to challenge for a top four position.

KUTGW
    Why thank you.

Even I'm not thinking about finishing it the top four next season, just to have a decent campaign against like this season - a spot in the top half would be a triumph. As for Europe, I'm just going to look at it as an adventure.

Pessimistic? Maybe a touch. But more realistic I'd say.

First Team Squad Member

Superb news for the club.

First Team Squad Member

I don't mean to annoy you or sound like an idiot but I was expecting to see transfers, I am disappointed.

I have often thought of leaving my club when I manage a nation but always backed out of doing it, international management gets boring on it's own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast