+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

Hybrid View

Subs Bench

Default Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

After reading a great thread by my friend SRL88 (his thread is here), I have been inspired to start my own save, and indeed thread, of a similarr, (ok then, the same), ilk.

Before I dive in further though, I would like to apologise to SRL88 for taking such vast inspiration in terms of post layout from his thread - I'm sorry!!!!

Introduction

Before beginning my save I had the painstaking task of deciding which countries and leagues to upload. My laptop is not quite as powerful as some, so I wans't able to load up vast numbers of countries and divisions for my save. I feel though I have more than enough to make this a great save.

Countries/Leagues

(The lowest league available is listed next to the country)

Brazil - Serie B
    England - Blue Square Bet N/S
    France - Championnat National
    Germany - 3. Liga
    Italy - Serie B
    South Korea - K-League
    Spain - Liga Adelante
    Switzerland - Challenge League
    USA - MLS

For my save I have used a Large Database, and around about 50,000 players have been loaded.

Aims And Ambitions

I don't really have any aims in my save, except that I want to have a fun save.

I have never in my history on Football Manager had a long career save, (I have had long saves, but always with just one club), so I really just want to have an enjoyable save, maybe jumping from club to club, and bettering my own position. Over the years on FM I feel I have developed my skills, and hope that I could be relatively successful no matter what country or league I play in.

If not, then it could be an even more enjyable in a slightly perverse way!

I hope that you, (if there are any of you), enjoy following my journey.

Subs Bench

I have started my career as myself; Thomas Lewis. I have recently turned 34, having been born on June 20th 1977. For my save I have not added a "Favourite Team". My previous experience is that of a Sunday League Player.

To kick things off I had a look at what jobs were available and immediately applied for them all.

Things were underway, and all I had to do was wait.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 19-01-2012 at 22:44. Reason: Added Reputation.

Reserves

I probably will be.

Subs Bench

Very soon after applying for all the available jobs, a host (well, four) of them were offered to me;

The two sides above are both in Barzil's Serie B and are nine games into the league season. Criciuma are in 7th spot just two points off the top four, whereas Vila Nova are just two places and one point above the relegation zone.

The two sides above are both in South Korea's J-League. Eighteen games into the season and Chunnam are currently 15th in the sixteen team league, (there is no relegation), but were predicted to finish 8th!! Seoul are in 6th place, six points ff top spot. (The top six sides go into play-offs at the end of the season).

------------------------------------------------

Anybody got any thoughts? Personally I'm leaning towards Seoul, and that is purely for the money available!!

Last edited by tomtuck01; 19-01-2012 at 22:50.

Part-Timer

Good luck!

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

I would personally take one of the jobs in Korea. Seoul looks the most promising, but you will need to get that wage budget down if you are to buy anyone.

Nice to see that you have finally started a career save Tom. Looking forward to your quality writing .

Third Team

I'd go for a job in Korea,Seoul would be a very good place to start and you should have room to adjust your budget which could help

Part-Timer

I'd go for Seoul aswell! The only reason being I know a few people that live there.

Good luck on your save!

Subs Bench

Thanks alot for the kind words guys. I have decided to take on your advice.

------------------------------------------------

Name: FC Seoul
    Nickname: -
    Year Founded: 1983 (As Lucky-Goldstar FC)
    Stadium: Seoul Wolrd Cup Stadium (66,080 all-seater)

My first job then is with South Korean K-League side FC Seoul, and my contract is until December 2012. (I adjusted this from December 2013 before signing). I join the side 18 games into the season, and we currently sit in 6th place with a media prediction of 5th in the sixteen team league. With me joining at this stage of the season, the board don't have any expectations of me in this campaign;

My job upon arriving is not to do anything radical to the traning or even assess the squad. It is in fact to play a match. That's right, on the first day of my new job, we have a game against fierce rivals Suwon Samsung Blue Wings in the Peace Cup semi-final!

------------------------------------------

Nothing like being thrown in at the deep end!

Last edited by tomtuck01; 19-01-2012 at 23:26. Reason: Added contract length.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

I quite like the badge .

Good luck against Suwon .

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - FC Seoul - Season 2011

Well my first game with FC Seoul against rivals Suwon in the Peace Cup semi-final couldn't have gone much better;

Heading into the game Suwon were strong favourites, and the media man predicted them to win comfortably. My team and I had other plans though. One game played and I'm already into a cup final. Not a bad start to my career!

Time for the serious stuff to start now. I have to make my assessment of the squad so I can decided on players I want rid of and what areas to stregthen. This won't be easy in the middle of the season and with just 22 days of the transfer window to go.

A proper update of things will come later tonight or tomorrow evening. I just wanted to share this first game with everyone!

Part-Timer

Nice win.

Excellent way to kick things off Tom .

Amateur

Making it into a cup final on your first day? I can't wait to see what the rest of your career will bring then!

Third Team

Very impressive win in a semi-final on your first game in charge....well played

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by malikoi View Post
    Nice win.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Excellent way to kick things off Tom .
    Cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs_NZ View Post
    Making it into a cup final on your first day? I can't wait to see what the rest of your career will bring then!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Very impressive win in a semi-final on your first game in charge....well played
    Well I can't say it was down to me really! But as I said, I couldn't have wished for a better start!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Management Career - FC Seoul - Season 2011

Above it would normally say "Seaon 2011 Preview", but I join the club in July 2011, eighteen games into the K-League season. Here is how the table currently stands;

As you can see we are not all in a bad position, and we should without a doubt be looking to finish in the top six and take a playoff spot.

Board Expectations

At the start of season the minimum expecatations were outlined to the previous management. Having joined mid-season I however will not be judged on how the team performs. I will though run through the boards initial expectations at the start of the campaign.

K-League: Compete alongside the top teams
    AFC Champions League: Learn from the experience
    KFA Cup: Semi-finals
    Peace Cup: Semi-finals

Personal Expectations

K-League: Qualify for the championship playoff final
    AFC Champions League: Reach the semi-finals (The team is already into the quarter-finals)
    KFA Cup: Reach the final (The team is already into the quarter-finals)
    Peace Cup: Lift the trophy (The team were already in the semi-finals, and we won that game against Suwon)

Budget

Transfer: 1,103,752
    Wages: 72,203
    Balance: 3,247,026

A good budget then, and some room for manoeuvring with having a good transfer budget - something I will need to do as I am ever so slightly over my wage budget.

Squad

A new right back is desperately needed. And certainly need a new back-up goalkeeper. Better options at DMC and MC wouldn't go a miss either.

As for key players in the squad, they are as follows;

Mauricio Molina
    Dejan Damjanovic
    Choi Tae-Wook

With these three I have very good players to hurt teams. The only problem is there ages - Damjanovic is the youngest at 29 and will turn 30 before the month is out. Hopefully they will remain good performers in my time at the club and not decline too much, especially Molina.

Should be able to make the top 6. Molina and Damjanovic have some good stats as well.

Reserves

Great start.

First Team Squad Member

Great start to your career. Good luck dude.

Subs Bench

Should be able to make the top 6. Molina and Damjanovic have some good stats as well.
    Yes I quite agree. As for Molina and Damjanovic, they will definitely be first names on the team sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Great start.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Great start to your career. Good luck dude.
    Thanks alot guys, much appreciated.

Subs Bench

Formation And Philosophy

After the great win over Suwon on my first day in charge I settled on the formation, (atleast for home games), that served us so well in that game.

I have used this tactic with other teams in the past, and I hope it will work well in South Korea. Usually with this tactic chances are created by the bucket load, so I just hope my forwards are good enough to finish them off!

I hope I will be able to keep the pilosophy set to fluid. This relies alot on player fitness, so if I notice that my players are getting knackered I will probably have to change that.

I'll update you on transfers once the transfer window shuts on July 26th.

For now it's time to crack on, the games are coming thick and fast this month. As I said before; nothing like being thrown in at the deep end!

Last edited by tomtuck01; 20-01-2012 at 19:27.

Semi Pro

Great team to start with, should be a good read

Subs Bench

Peace Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

As Seoul were K-League champions in 2010 they, along with the league runners up, qualified automatically for the quarter finals of the Peace Cup. The team therefore only had to play two games to get to the final, only one of which I was in charge for. Prior to the quarter finals there is a group stage with two grups of six.

The Final
    vs.Pohang

What a great game it was! I employed my 4-2-3-1 system, and as expected we created alot of chances but allowed the opposition a few aswell. At halftime I was fuming, trailing 2-0 despite creating alot of good opportunities. My lone striker, Dejan Damjanovic, was having a shocker and was replaced by Lee Seung-Ryul and that seemed to do the trick. We got back to 2-2, and then went 4-2 ahead in extra time, with Seung-Ryul getting two of them. Pohang pulled a goal back, and then we missed a penalty to seal it. But in the end we held on, and in just my third game in charge, a trophy had been won.

Time to actually get on with my first month in charge. No more cup finals to come this month, so hopefully a July update, (and a transfer window update), will come tonight or tomorrow!

Congratulations on lifting winning a Cup Final in just your 2nd game in charge .

Looks like it was an entertaining encounter.

Subs Bench

Congratulations on lifting winning a Cup Final in just your 2nd game in charge .

Looks like it was an entertaining encounter.
    Well, third game - I did play a league game inbetween the semi-final and final. Of course yu'll here about that in my end of the mnth update though!
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 20-01-2012 at 21:59.

Reserves

You know you got Seoul. Just getting it out of the way early. Hope your league games have been just as good.

Amateur

An entertaining start to your career. Nothing like winning silverware in your 3rd game to show that you mean business!

Subs Bench

You know you got Seoul. Just getting it out of the way early. Hope your league games have been just as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurs_NZ View Post
    An entertaining start to your career. Nothing like winning silverware in your 3rd game to show that you mean business!
    Thanks alot guys.

In all honesty I'm still in shock that they hired a manager who's past experience was "Sunday League Player".

Subs Bench

Transfer Window Update

In late July the transfer window closed, but before it did I got a little bit of business doen that will hopefully help my side along this season.

All of my budget spent then, but I did need the players I brought in. Thankfully I was able to get the prive down a little for Seul-Ki by exchanging a reserve team player.

Here are the players brought in;

Lee Beom-Soo
    Lee Seul-Ki
    Lee Young-Pyo

Fair enough I over spent a bit much on Beom-Soo, but my other back-up/young goalkeepers really are awful. He's not great, but he is ten times better than my now third choice.

I hope Seul-Ki won't be as his name suggests, (sulky, if you didn't get that!), and will add some much needed creativity and passing ability to the Deep Lying Play makier roles. As for Lee Young-Pyo, he is a bit of a Korean legend. He has nly joined as a back-up, but I'm sure he'll get games in either fullback spot.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 21-01-2012 at 13:36.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Management Career - July 2011 - FC Seoul

K-League

A couple of great wins to start my career with in the K-League. The victory over Ulsan looks better than it probably was as Lee Seung-Ryul got both his goals after the 90 minute mark. He followed it up though in the next game with a start and another brace.

Korean FA Cup - Quarter Finals

We progressed to the semi-finals with a bit of a sticky performance. After the form in the league, I expected a bigger win against a side not in the K-League than we managed here.

Peace Cup

Those of you have read the thread so far will know two of my first three games with Seoul were in the Peace Cup; the semi-final and the final. Victory was achieved in both games, and after three games I had won a trophy!

A great start to life with FC Seoul in South Korea then. Five wins out of five, a trophy won, and a place in a cup semi final acheieved. Not bad after 24 days in football management.

Part-Timer

A great start to life at Seoul

Reserves

Couldn't have started better.

Excellent start Tom .

Amateur

Nice start - keep it up

Third Team

Congrats on winning the Peace Cup,brilliant start to life in the league as well.Keep up the good work

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Management Career - August 2011 - FC Seoul

K-League

An excellent month in the K-League as we kept up our 100% record since I took over. The last result againat Seongnam was excellent - they were strong favourites for the game, but we were outstanding thrughout. The result took us top on goal difference after Suwon could only draw 0-0 at Gwangju

Korean FA Cup - Semi Final

Very disappointing to go out against Sangju, a midtable team in the K-League. But if I was miffed about the result then I couldn't be about the performance. We battered them, just couldn't find a goal. Disappointed, but not disheartened.

Asian Champions League

The Asian Champions League kicks off again later this month, and in the quarter finals we have been drawn against Japanese side Gamba Osaka, with the first leg away from home. If we get through the tie, then we will face either Al-Wahada or Al-Hilal.

Couldn't be more delighted really with how we have done so far. Nine wins from ten, a load of goals scored, and some great performances against rival sides. Top of the league now, and I hope we can stay there because if we do then we get an automatic place in the championship playoff final and don't have to go through any of the qualifying games. (Strange how the playoffs work I know).

Reserves

You're flying already!

Brilliant work so far Tom .

Subs Bench

You're flying already!
    I have been surprised myself to be honest. Reckon the Asian Champions League will be a tough test though.

Brilliant work so far Tom .
    Thanks alot, but it's all down to the players though.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Management Career - September 2011 - FC Seoul

K-League

A poor month, but one that I take responsible for. I got complacent after hitting top spot in August, and with the Asian Champions League (ACL) quarter finals coming up this month I rested players. The 3-3 draw with Daegu was very annoying as we were 3-1 up before going down to ten men, then we just fell apart. The Suwon game was sandwiched inbetween the ACL quart final games against Gamaba Osaka, and I had to rest a few players as they were tired after the first leg. Again, the game against Pohang was annying aswell. We trailed at halftime but came back to take the lead with just seven minutes to go, but then conceded an equaliser.

Still, we're in a much better position from when I took over, and even if we finish second we'd go straight into to semi-finals of the playoffs.

Asian Champions League

What can I say, unreal! I was expecting a really tough test, but we just took them apart. Choi Tae-Wook was great over both legs, and even though striker Lee Seung-Ryul didn't get a goal in either tie, he did assist three times. He really has got himself ahead of Dejan Damjanovic in the pecking order. 7-2 on aggregate, I couldn't believe it.

In the semi-finals we face Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia, who beat Al-Wahada 4-1 in the quarters.

That's it for today I'm afraid, as I'm now heading down to London. Expect an October update tomorrw evening though.

Amateur

Slipped a little but still in the hunt. Push on and make this league your own

Third Team

Still in with a shout,also a very impressive victory in the Asian Champions League.Good luck against Al - Hilal

Still got every chance of winning the league. Nice victory as well in the Champions League .

Part-Timer

Still in the title race! Good victory in the ACL!

Semi Pro

4 points is nothing.

Well no, it's 4 points, but you get what I mean.

Reserves

They are something when there are only a few games left, as I think it is.

Semi Pro

Even 7 points is nothing. Assuming the top team win the game in hand.

I've become lackluster before and lost it or given up and could have won it.

Amateur

Good luck, you still have a chance!

Subs Bench

Thanks alot for all the kind words guys.

An update will be posted at some point tonight.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Management Career - October 2011 - FC Seoul

K-League

After our little dip in September we finished the season well with three wins in a row to finish second in the K-League. The results were even better in my eyes because we did it without either of the teams best two strikers; Lee Seung-Ryul and Dejan Damjanovic.

Our second placed finish has meant that we will go straight into the semi-final of the Championship Playoffs, and Suwon will go straight into the final.

The playoffs work in a funny little way, here is how it happens;

Match 1 - 4th vs. 5th
    Match 2 - 3rd vs. 6th
    Match 3 - Winner Match 1 vs. Winner Match 2
    Semi Final - 2nd vs. Winner Match 3

All of the above ties are played over one game. Finishing second not only means we are straight into tje semi-final, but also means that we play that game at home.

Final - 1st vs. Winner Semi Final

The final is played over two legs, with th team that finished top of the league being away from home in the first leg.

Asian Champions League - Semi Final

Although we didn't win either of the games against Al-Hilal, we did give two terrific performances. At home in the first leg we were excellent, but losing Lee Seung-Ryul to injury early on was a blow - especially when after the game he was ruled out for 2-3 months. The man who can on for him [Dejan Damjanovic] put us ahead, but after that we couldn't get another goal and Al-Hilal equalised late on, getting what could have been an all important away goal.

The second leg started brilliantly when after just eight minutes Mauricio Molina curled in a freekick and canceled out their away goal from the first leg. Al-Hilal pressured us after that and equalised on the half hour mark, but just four minutes later we retook the lead. In the 86th minute though they hit back, and it lead to a nervy few minutes thereafter. We held on however, and secured a place in the final of the Asian Champions League.

In the final we face Saudi Arabian opposition again in the form Al-Ittihad. It is a one off game played at the ground of one of the finalists. The venue is decided by a draw, and Al-Ittihad won the draw and will therefore be at home.

Time for the final of the ACL then and the K-League playoffs. At the end of this I could have won three trophies in just five months in football management!

Third Team

Not a bad place to finish in the league,hopefully the playoffs will go your way.Congrats on your ACL semi-final win,hopefully you can overcome Al-Ittihad on their ground.

Subs Bench

Not a bad place to finish in the league,hopefully the playoffs will go your way.Congrats on your ACL semi-final win,hopefully you can overcome Al-Ittihad on their ground.
    Thanks alot. Going to be tough in the ACL, AL-Ittihad are strong favourites for a reason I suupose.

Subs Bench

Not a great message to turn up in my inbox about a player who has been one of the better performers during my time in charge!!

Subs Bench

Asian Champions League Final

How We Got To The Final

The only games I was in charge of were the two legs of the quarter finals and semi finals. Previous to that the side had a comfortable run in the cmpetitions, winning all of their games. As for the games I was in charge for, the win away at Gamba Osaka really sticks out. The perfect away performance from us.

The Final

In the final when it mattered the team came up short. Shorn of our top scorer, (Lee Seung-Ryul), and a barely fit Dejan Damjanovic only fit enough for a place on the bench, I had to field a striker who had started just six games all season. We Kept the ball well, but they created more chances and took them when they came. The goal that made it 3-1 came when we were throwing men forward late on. I can't complain about the result, they were more clinical than us on the day.

Not a nice feeling to lose in such a big game, and to be a little selfish victory would have probably done my reputation wonders. Still, there is the league championship to play for. Time to pick the players spirits up!

Reserves

You'll need to after that.

Good luck in the Play-Off's & such hard luck in the Final mate!!

Subs Bench

You'll need to after that.
    Thankfully before the playoffs get underway a few of the players are going on international duty, so hopefully their morale will improve a bit then.

Good luck in the Play-Off's & such hard luck in the Final mate!!
    Well I don't know, we had more possession than them but couldn't do anything with it. The result was fair enough really.

Reserves

Wasn't going be all your way straight up.

Subs Bench

Well a pretty big job came up in the Championship, so I decided to apply. Probably a bit soon, but you never know.

I didn't think the Seoul board would be all that happy, but I never expected this reaction;

Oh dear.

What was your decision following the message?

Part-Timer

I got that, I just apologised and it all went away.

Reserves

Things nosediving a bit now.

Subs Bench

What was your decision following the message?
    Quote Originally Posted by malikoi View Post
    I got that, I just apologised and it all went away.
    Well I decided to apologise and they accepted it. However, the fans still are so keen on me.

Things nosediving a bit now.
    I wouldn't quite go that far!!

Reserves

Well from winning a cup in your 3rd match to not winning a couple of things and a fall out isn't great relatively, though you're right, perhaps a bit of an extreme term and things aren't that bad on their own. Fair comment.

Subs Bench

It turned out to be a waste of time applying for the job anyway. Santa Clause laughed at me.

Subs Bench

K-League Semi-final Playoff

After finishing second in the K-League we were automatically in the K-League semi-final playoff. The playoffs, as explained in post 48, work in a strange way. After the rounds one and two of the playoffs, it was Ulsan who prevailed and would be the team we faced for a spot in the championship final against Suwon Blue Wings.

Since I took the reigns at Seoul we had faced Ulsan once before, and convincingly beat them 5-1. In semi finals though, anything can happen.

The Match

A solid enough win, and a really good performance from third choice striker Kang Jeong-Hoon. It may not have been as spectacular as the 5-1 win, but in a semi-final I dont care how we do it aslong as we win. The worry though was that despite having more of the possession again, it was the opposition who created more chances. Something to ponder.

On to the two legged final then, with the first leg at home. Wish me luck, against Suwon I may need it!

Good luck in the Final .

Subs Bench

K-League Championship Final

So after just a few short months in charge of FC Seoul here I was on the brink of winning the K-League Championship. After winning our semi-final against Ulsan we faced Suwon Blue wings, automatically in the final after finishing top of the regular season table.

Since taking charge at Seoul we had faced Suwon twice before, one resulting in a 3-0 win ad the other in a 2-0 defeat. As the side that topped the table at the end of teh regular season Suwon were favourites for the 1st leg, even though it was at my ground.

1st Leg

A top performance from us, especially in the first half. Mauricio Molina really stepped up to the plate after some less than brilliant performances in the last few games of the regular season. This put us in a very commanding position heading into the second leg. Surely we couldn't throw this away?

2nd Leg

Absolutely brilliant. Just 151 days in charge and I had lifted a second trophy, this time the league championship. It was was an extremely controlled performance from us, even though I went in with the usual 4-2-3-1 system. Lee Seul-Ki put in one of his best performances since joining us, and Kang Jeong-Hoon was excellent again, grabbing his sixth goal in his recent run of eight starts. They got a goal back on the stroke of halftime and in the second half things were a little shakey. We held on though to win 2-1, and take the championship 5-1 on aggregate. Amazing!!

Well what an amazing few months it has been in South Korea. A full review of the season since I took charge will be posted tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully tomorrow, but it is my girlfriends birthday!

Last edited by tomtuck01; 24-01-2012 at 01:09.

Excellent work. Congratulations on the double .

Semi Pro

Happy Birthday tomtucks girlfriend.

Subs Bench

Excellent work. Congratulations on the double .
    Thanks alot. Not sure what to do now though to be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Happy Birthday tomtucks girlfriend.
    Haha I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Anyway no update until tomorrow, I'm heading out very soon so don't have the time!

Subs Bench

Before diving into my season review, I'll let you know that I'll only be posting results, etc. from when I took charge. This is my career, not some useless manager before me who left with Seoul in sixth place!

Oh and thanks/sorry to SRL88, I have once again taken my idea of how to do this post from his thread.

Thomas Lewis' Management Career - Season 2011 Review - FC Seoul

K-League

Results - Final Table

Finishing second in the table and going straight into the semi-final of the championship playoffs was a great achievement after
    where we were when I took over. In twelve games the team collected 29pts which is very good indeed. I was also pleased with how we did in the last month without either of our first choice strikers.

K-League Playoffs

Brilliant achievement from the players. To say I was thrilled is an understatement. The performances against Suwon were awesome, and given the form of the team since I took over the championship was richly deserved.

Domestic Cups

KFA Cup - Peace Cup

The result in the KFA Cup was very disappointing, but it was in and around other important games in the league, so they had to take priority. The Peace Cup was sensational. The semi-final was on the first day incharge, and the final just my third game. To win a trophy so early in my tenure was fantastic.

Asian Champions League

Results

To take the team so close to winning the ACL for the first time in their history and fall at the final hurdle was disappointing, but I was so proud of the players. Against Gamba Osaka they were unreal, and even though we didn't beat Al-Hilal in either semi, (won on away goals), it was a great achievement to knock them out as they were such strong favourites. In the final we just didn't do enough with the ball despite having more possession, and I couldn't really complain with the result.

A great experience for the players, and I'm sure it can be won by the side in the future.

Other Info

Transfers - Finances

The players brought in all served their purpose. Lee Seul-Ki performed very well, getting three goals and seven assists in his 19 appearances. Lee Young-Pyo proved t be an excellent back-up, stepping in six times and getting an average rating on 7.00. And Lee Beom-Soo came in as second choice GK and wasn't required.

Financially the club are in a good position. Overall a profit has been made this season, and the clubs involvement in next seasons ACL will really help them even more.

Top 3 Players

Lee Seung-Ryul
    Not player I identified at the start of the season as one of my three key players, but he really performed once he got a starting spot. An injury curtailed his season though, and who knows how he would have done had he not missed the last two months of the season.

Mauricio Molina
    A top player, and without a doubt the clubs best player. His set pieces alone are worth their weight in gold. His age though means his stats will soon start declining and the club needs to get the best out of him while he is still at this level.

Choi Tae-Wook
    Spectacular from the moment I took over. I moved him from the right wing to the left wing, and his performances were much better than before I was in charge. As with Molina though, his age is a negative.

Overall it was a very good few months after I took the reigns from the previous management. Two trophies in just a few short months was an excellent return.

What Next

It is just a day after the K-League Championship final, and after just five months in charge I am considering leaving Seoul. There is little money in South Korea, and with the player restrictions, (just three foreigners in the match day squad), it will be very hard to kick on at all. I can't attract the best South Koreans as they either play abroad or for my rivals, and I already have my foreigner quota.

Of course I could stay and probably repeat this seaons success and maybe even win the ACL. But even at this early stage of my career I think there are better things, or atleast bigger challenges, out there for me.

Third Team

Very good first few months,you did very well to get to the final of the ACL and were unlucky in the final.

Semi Pro

Runners up, winners, runners up, winners, runners up.

Not to shabby at all

Subs Bench

Very good first few months,you did very well to get to the final of the ACL and were unlucky in the final.
    Cheers. The problem with the final was that they (Al-Ittihad) seemed fresher than my side. Plus they have more quality foreigners in their squad, pressumably because of their league rules, whereas I only have three because of the K-League rules.

Runners up, winners, runners up, winners, runners up.

Not to shabby at all
    Thanks alot. Still considering resigning though.

Subs Bench

After 171 days, two trophies, and a cracking experience, I have called time on my reign as manager of FC Seoul.

As I outlined in my season review post, I don't think I can do much more with Seoul with the restrictions on foreign players. Winning trophies in South Korea would be eaiser I feel now that I am use to the league. But I don't see how I could take it quite far enough in the Asian Champions League seen as other clubs in countries, such as Saudi Arabia, allow more foreigners in their teams.

I am now unemployed and seeking work.

Semi Pro

You did very well with Seoul and probably left at the top by the sounds of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post

I am now unemployed and seeking work.

Aren't we all?

Reserves

Good first step.

Dont blame you for leaving and a nice addition to your CV. Any news on where you could be headed next?

Subs Bench

Dont blame you for leaving and a nice addition to your CV. Any news on where you could be headed next?
    Well as of yet there aren't many jobs I feel I could actually get. Most of them are top division jobs in England, Italy, and Spain. As of yet I don't feel that I'd have a good enough reputation t be landing thse jobs.

Subs Bench

Having said that, straight after I hit the "post" button;

Interesting.

Difficult financially, but that would be a fantastic job to get them back to where they once were.

Semi Pro

I managed them back in FM11, absolutely loved it.

Go for it if they offer you the job.

Subs Bench

It doesn't matter, I was knocked back;

Unemployment is getting me down!

Subs Bench

Aha something abit mre promising;

Subs Bench

I am now once again employed;

The club aren't in a great financial position, but currently sit 8th in the League 2 table. With just thirteen games to go, promotion is a distinct possibility.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - New Club - Bristol Rovers FC

Name: Bristol Rovers FC
    Nickname: The Gas
    Year Founded: 1883
    Stadium: The Memorial Ground (11,717 - 2746 seated)

After just a few short months at FC Seoul, I resigned on December 24th 2011. Since then I have been unemployed. I have actively been seeking employment, but not many jobs came up that would fit my reputation - as in my reputation is still relatively low. This was until Bristol Rovers sacked their manager Paul Buckle after a run of just one win in five games. On Friday March 2nd 2012, I was hired as Bristol Rovers new manager, signing a contract worh 1,000 p/w until June 2013.

Here is how the table looks upon my arrival;

The club are in a good position to go up, it just seems that the recent run under the former manager was too worrying for the board not to act.

Board Expectations

At the start of the campaign the expectation was for the club to get promoted to League 1. I join with that still on the cards. The board however say that I won't be judged on how I perform at present in League 2.

The club went out in the first round of the FA Cup, Calring Cup, and Johnstones Paint Trophy, so naturally I can't be assessed on those competitions!

Personal Expectations

League 2: Promotion - anything else I will see as a failure

Budget:

Transfer: 16,750
    Wages: 32,389 (Currently spending 35,536)
    Balance: -1,034,280

Squad

I can't currently post a report on the squad on the basis that I have no assistant to provide one for me. I can however run through who are the teams key players;

Rhys Taylor - GK
    Without a doubt my best goalkeeper. The young man has a tough job on his hands as my defence isn't the best.

Wayne Brown - MC
    Great stamina and determination, at this stage of the season those will be crucial. Looks a decent player for this level.

Scott McGleish - ST
    At 38 he is my oldest player, yet worryingly my best striker. His form hasn't been geat this term, but if I can get him scoring he will be crucial.

There you go then, my new club. Thirteen games to get through and a very realistic chance of promotion. My first game is Torquay at home on Saturday March 3rd - the day after my appointment.

Reserves

Should have a good promotion charge.

Amateur

Good luck with Bristol, promotion should be on the cards.

Nice little challenge there Tom .

Semi Pro

Finances could do with promotion.

Third Team

Good luck at Bristol Rovers,automatic promotion could possibly be on the cards!

Subs Bench

Should have a good promotion charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
    Good luck with Bristol, promotion should be on the cards.
    I quite agree, though it will be tough. As I said my defence doesn't look the best!

Nice little challenge there Tom .
    Challenge? Pffft! I have won the South Korean League, it should be no challenge!

Finances could do with promotion.
    Definitely. Can't believe they're in such a mess. The best thing that can happen would be a takeover, but I don't see it happening.

Good luck at Bristol Rovers,automatic promotion could possibly be on the cards!
    Without a doubt it's possible. A five point gap with 13 games to play is nothing really.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2011 - Bristol Rovers FC

League 2

Very strange month really. The team remained unbeaten throughout, but it wasn't satisfying. I have said on a couple of occassions before, my defence really is poor. We keep letting in very sloppy goals, and at the minute this is holding us back. However, we are still very much in the picture for automatic promotion. All we have to do is keep a couple of clean sheets and we could be there, because goalscoring doesn't seem to be an issue. The most saatisfying result so far was the point away at Rotherham.

Here are our remaining fixtures in our quest for promotion;

With this run of fixtures I really think we can do it. Four out of six are at home, and if we win those then we'll be in a terrific position. I just hope Scott McGleish stays fit!

Last edited by tomtuck01; 31-05-2012 at 23:04.

I have the utmost confidence in you to gain promotion .

Semi Pro

You might be best positioned, if no one is watching you.

Subs Bench

I have the utmost confidence in you to gain promotion .
    Now that's more like it!

You might be best positioned, if no one is watching you.
    That's true. Like I said, the home games will be the key, especially with two of them been against sides who are currently just a bit below me.

Amateur

Good luck going up - you can do it!

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
    Good luck going up - you can do it!
    Cheers.

The club definitely needs it with the precarious financial position they're in.

+ Reply to Thread