+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

Subs Bench

Really not good news with just four games to go. I could't renew his loan either, guessing that'd already been done early in the season.

Part-Timer

Bristol Job was the right choice m8!Good luck!

Subs Bench

Given that I have only been in charge of Bristol Rovers for the last thirteen games of the opening season, I won't be doing a full review of how the side went on this season. Instead I will just do the April/May update now to finish off the end of the season. My March update can be found towards the bottom of the previous page.

------------------------------------------

Thomas Lewis' Career - April/May 2012 - Bristol Rovers FC

League 2

Heading into April we had six games remaining and we sat in 7th place, but just two points off 3rd place and the automatic promotion spots. Here how the season finished;

(Plymouth were the side to go up via the playoffs)

We did it! We may have stuttered over the line, but we did it!

Throughout April we didn't have a decent run, taking just five points from a possible twelve. The defeat against Swindon was as deflating as it was damaging, and against Barnet we really didn't put in a performace. We got a very good draw at Northampton, who prior to the game were just below us in fourth. That gave us a chance heading into the final game of the season.

Heading into the last game against Morecambe we were a point behind Swindon. We had to better their result at AFC Wimbledon, who themselves were fighting for their football league survival at the other end of the table.

After just ten minutes things got very hard for us when we went down to ten men following a poor challenge from midfielder Pavel Besta. At the same time though AFC Wimbledon went ahead against Swindon! When we got the breakthrough via a penalty after 36mins thanks to Wayne Brown, we were in the box seat. However we couldn't find a second and in the 79th minute Swindon equalised in their game, meaning they needed just another goal to take third spot - ensue squeaky bum time! Swindon though conceded again in the 87th minute and they finished up 2-1 losers, and in the 90th Joe Anyinsah made it 2-0 to us and the points, and the third promotion spot, were safe.

Cue jubilant scenes at the Memorial Ground!

During my thirteen games with Bristol Rovers we had a strange record. We won only five times, and drew seven, but lost just once. We took 22pts from a possible 39 altogether, and though that wasn't a great return, it was, thankfully, just enough for automatic promotion.

What Next

Honestly I am considering leaving. I don't feel that the club would be able to survive in League One with the club in its current financial position. It really isn't great;

Also some decent jobs may well becoming available following the end of the season. What to do, what to do..............

Last edited by tomtuck01; 01-06-2012 at 00:05.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Great achievement by getting promotion. Well done!!!

I would consider leaving as well. £1m+ for a Football League club is tough to get out of. I struggled with Darlington doing so but when I got into the Championship it sorted itself out. Are there any jobs currently out there availabe?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Great achievement by getting promotion. Well done!!!

I would consider leaving as well. £1m+ for a Football League club is tough to get out of. I struggled with Darlington doing so but when I got into the Championship it sorted itself out. Are there any jobs currently out there availabe?
    Thanks. As I said, we may have stumbled over the line, but getitng there is all that matters!

Right now the Peterborough job is available after they were relegated from the Championship. Besides that there are some other League 1/League 2 jobs free. The problem may be that my reputation has gone down from 'National' to 'Regional'.

Amateur

Great work on the promotion. I wouldn't stay either unless you think you could reach the Championship and sort the funds out.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Dejay View Post
    Great work on the promotion. I wouldn't stay either unless you think you could reach the Championship and sort the funds out.
    I don't see it happening at all. If anything the finances will only get worse as a fair few of the players have wage increases for promotion in their contracts.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    I don't see it happening at all. If anything the finances will only get worse as a fair few of the players have wage increases for promotion in their contracts.
    See what's out there then

Subs Bench

Well, the same has happended with Bristol Rovers as happened when I was at Seoul;

However this time I wasn't going to apologise;

Lord knows how soon I will get another job, but I won't have people issuing me ultimatums like that. I got the team promoted, and if I want to better myself at another club then I have very right to.

Sod them and their debt!

Amateur

Looks to be the right call - good luck finding a club!

Hopefully you pick a job up in the off season.

Subs Bench

Looks to be the right call - good luck finding a club!
    Hopefully you pick a job up in the off season.
    Well it really doesn't look like happening at the minute.

I mean Peterborough just laughed off my interest. I've won a league title, a cup, and had a promtion in less than a year of game time. Yet no one decent seems to want me.

Reserves

Well it really doesn't look like happening at the minute.

I mean Peterborough just laughed off my interest. I've won a league title, a cup, and had a promtion in less than a year of game time. Yet no one decent seems to want me.
    I probably came too late but I would have stayed with Rovers. (Heck I would have stayed with Seoul! ) If you said your rep actually went down its highly unlikely you will get a job than with Rovers (although I guess a club in the same league with less/no debt would be a plus for you).

You might end up with a sideways movement in your managerial career right now...but good luck with your job search.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I probably came too late but I would have stayed with Rovers. (Heck I would have stayed with Seoul! ) If you said your rep actually went down its highly unlikely you will get a job than with Rovers (although I guess a club in the same league with less/no debt would be a plus for you).

You might end up with a sideways movement in your managerial career right now...but good luck with your job search.
    Well I left Seoul for all the right reasons - taking them further didn't seem very possible. I mean when after 24 games in charge you've won a league and a cup, there isn't much more to do! With Rovers I may have been a bit hasty, but in all honesty the debt for a club at that level was pretty horrific.

I just want a job, I have bills to pay!

Is there nothing abroad that tickles your fancy?

It will probably end up being October/November if you dont get one during pre-season.

Subs Bench

Well I have finally been offered a job. Boston have just been promoted to the Blue Square Bet Premier.

Are you going to take it or hold on for a bit longer?

Reserves

Doesn't look like much

Reserves

You planning to stay in England or go abroad? Worse case you can load the lower leagues in Italy and Spain and see if a job pops up for you.

Amateur

Over budget. Would be hard to get it on track without taking the team apart most likely.

Part-Timer

After everything youve done so far you get offered BOSTON :L

Subs Bench

Are you going to take it or hold on for a bit longer?
    I decided to take it. Will be a challenge as they are one of the favourites to get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Doesn't look like much
    As above. I like a challenge. (On the field of course, sod financial challenges).

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    You planning to stay in England or go abroad? Worse case you can load the lower leagues in Italy and Spain and see if a job pops up for you.
    I've got a few leagues loaded, but I'm happy to stay in England at the minute.

Over budget. Would be hard to get it on track without taking the team apart most likely.
    Over budget? I think you've mis-read!

Quote Originally Posted by iHeadHunta x View Post
    After everything youve done so far you get offered BOSTON :L
    I know, but nevermind. Reckon my reputation has gone down because of my record with Rovers. Although I got them promoted I did only win five from thirteen games.

Subs Bench

It just seems I can't win! I get very few job offers from clubs of any kind of reputation, (the only offer I got was FC United Of Manchester in Blue Square Bet North), and then I choose to drop down a division or two to Boston and the press give me stick!

Unbelievable.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - New Club - Boston United FC

Name: Boston United FC
    Nickname: The Pilgrims
    Year Founded: 1933
    Stadium: York Street (6,643 - 1,826 seated)

Well after guiding Bristol Rovers to automatic promotion to League 1, I left because of the dire financial position of the club. After a couple of months applying for jobs and getting rejected, I decided to take on the Boston United job. Despite them getting promoted to the Blue Square Bet Premeir, their manager retired, leaving the post free.

A step down? Yes. But I like a challenge.

Board Expectations

Blue Square Bet Premier: Stay Clear Of Relegation
    FA Cup: Reach the 1st Round
    FA Trophy: Reach the 3rd Round

Personal Expectations

Blue Square Bet Premier: If we finish five places or more above the relegation zone I'll be delighted
    FA Cup: Reach the 1st Round
    FA Trophy: Just to have a go - semi finals wuld be brilliant

Budget:

Transfer: £7,255
    Wages: £6,258 (Currently spending £4,596)
    Balance: £43,240

Squad

Of course I need to strengthen as best as I can. Time to get searching for freebies!

I won't bother listing any 'Key Players' at the minute as right now I'm not sure who will be around come the start of the campaign.

Amateur

Over budget? I think you've mis-read!
    Doh

Anyway good luck with Boston make the magic happen

Good luck with Boston . A tiny bit suprised you didnt take the FC United job .

Subs Bench

Doh

Anyway good luck with Boston make the magic happen
    Haha no worries.

Good luck with Boston . A tiny bit suprised you didnt take the FC United job .
    Got to take the better offers when they come about!

Third Team

Did well at Bristol Rovers although I do really hate boards like that,they seem to be the type sell your players for dirt cheap!Good luck at Boston

Part-Timer

Step down but nevertheless good luck :P

Semi Pro

Everyone seems to be going to Boston this year, whats so special over there?

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason 2012/13 - Boston United FC

Transfers

As you can see there was alot of acrtivity over the course of the summer, though it must be said not all of it was not my doing. You may also see that one player came and went over the summer; Drew Broughton. Signed on a free before I arrived, he fell out with me when I warned him over an awful performance in a preseason friendly. I thought "sod him", and off went on a mutual terination at the cost of £3,000.

I won't bother posting screenies of all my signings, just three key ones, who also happen to be my three key players;

Marvin Andrews
    By far and away my best centre back. At 36 he's not the quickest, but for this level he has some good mentals and technicaldefensive qualitites.

Andre Boucaud
    My midfield passer, he'll keep things ticking over in the middle of the park. His stamina is good for this level aswell.

Aaron Charity
    A great player for this level in my opinion. He has some superb mentals, and some really good physicals for this level. Could be smething special in this this league.

Pre Season

I'm never oen for playing loads of preseason friendlies, just a couple usually do to get the players fit enough for the first game of the season. Results weren't superb, but the fitness was all important. Given that my squad is very small, I didn't want to be picking up an injuries at the start of what could be a long hard season!

Well time to get on with the season. We're predicted to finish 21st and therefore be one of the relegated sides at the end of the season. Basically we have nothing to lose, so come on the Pilgrims, lets have a go!

Last edited by tomtuck01; 02-03-2012 at 22:38.

Reserves

Ah good, been weeks since someone was last there, been too long.

First Team Squad Member

Good luck with Boston dude.

Youth Team

3 clubs already?! That's pretty impressive! Good luck with The Pilgrims

Hopefully you can stave off relegation and start building your reputation up.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2012 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

A super start for us. Last term 46pts was enough to stay up, and we've already made great strides towards getting to that tally. Some of my new signings have really performed so far, most notably Aaron Charity. He looks like he'll be fantastic in this league. The draw at the end of the month against Aldershot, though frustrating, was hugely credible as they were one of the sides to come down from League 2 last season.

On with September it is then, and we have some fixtures coming up against Crawley Town and Newport County inparticular.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 31-01-2012 at 00:09.

Nice start Tom. Hope you can keep it up!!

Subs Bench

Ah good, been weeks since someone was last there, been too long.
    Haha I take it a few in te careers thread end up being Boston?!

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Good luck with Boston dude.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    3 clubs already?! That's pretty impressive! Good luck with The Pilgrims
    Impressive or apalling, I'm not sure! I have left my previous clubs for the right reasons though.

Hopefully you can stave off relegation and start building your reputation up.
    Nice start Tom. Hope you can keep it up!!
    Well if we keep going throughout the campaign with how we have started it, then it could be even better for me and the club!

Great read Tom.

I wonder how much did Seoul get moneywise for that CL final spot?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Purefun View Post
    Great read Tom.

I wonder how much did Seoul get moneywise for that CL final spot?
    Thanks.

And I don't remember to be honest. Seems ages ago now!!

Amateur

Nice work, keep it up

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2012 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

An up and down month really. We started it really well with three wins from three, but then in the second half of the month we won just one from four, and in the last game of the month we suffered our first defeat of the campaign against York. On the bright side though we continue to score goals - we've hit the nack of the net in every game so far this season.

Looking at how we have gone thus far, it looks like our season is going to hinge on Aaron Charity, and also if we can improve defensively. Charity is excellent, but the fact that we can't seem to defend most of the time is letting us down alot, especially in recent games.

Also a big hit to ou finances last month when we were fined £90,000 by the FA for collecting six yellows in one game. To say our balance is now a mess is underestimating things hugely.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 31-01-2012 at 00:09.

Still going stron though Tom. Made a cracking start.

Are you not in the BSP? Your update says BSS.

Subs Bench

Still going stron though Tom. Made a cracking start.

Are you not in the BSP? Your update says BSS.
    Yes BSP, will go and edit them now!

Part-Timer

I find that in the lower leagues, the most important thing is the strength of your GK and your strikers, and Charity is definitely getting the job done!

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by abulezz View Post
    I find that in the lower leagues, the most important thing is the strength of your GK and your strikers, and Charity is definitely getting the job done!
    Thanks for the tip. I've never played in the lower leagues before really, (the lowest being League 2 if I remember correctly), so that will come in handy.

Anyway there won't be an update until midnight at the earliest this evening as I'm heading to Manchster very soon.

Reserves

Looking pretty competitive early on.

Subs Bench

Looking pretty competitive early on.
    Cheers. I must say I'm surprised to be honest.

Anyway, no update tonight - it's late and I can't be bothered. Probably won't be one tomorrow either as I'm busy msot of the day/evening.

Semi Pro

A good start, hopefully you can take top spot and make it yours.

Semi Pro

Charity looks outstanding, a real gift on a free. What was he doing in the US anyway?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    A good start, hopefully you can take top spot and make it yours.
    Cheers.

I'm not holding out loads of hope though. Given ur financial position after last months fine, I reckon we could be in a right mess later on in the season. Administration could be on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by CityAndColour View Post
    Charity looks outstanding, a real gift on a free. What was he doing in the US anyway?
    Haven't got a clue to be honest.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2012 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

A decent month for us really. The defeat at the end against Mansfield wasn't disheartening at all as they are a very good side. We put in a good performance, and maybe a draw would have been fairer. However, our best performance of the month was definitely away against Kidderminster. We lost a man after just 14mins, then fell behind after 68mins. We roared back though, and took the game 2-1. Great result!

FA Cup

Just a week after losing to Mansfield in the league, we faced them in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup and this time we gained a very credible draw and a replay. In the replay we put in a great performance and led 2-0 for an awful long time. They grabbed one back late on, but we held on for the win.

In the 1st round proper we travel to MK Dons! A great test for us.

First Team Squad Member

Great start, such a pity about the league result against Mansfield.

Going great so far. Nice to see you got revenge on Mansfield in the cup .

Subs Bench

Great start, such a pity about the league result against Mansfield.
    Thanks.

It was a bit of a pity, but at the end of the day I'm just delighted that we're in the top half of the table, nevermind a point ahead at the top. If we'd have beaten Mansfield we'd have been six points clear, and my heart wouldn't have coped with that!!

Going great so far. Nice to see you got revenge on Mansfield in the cup .
    Eventually after a replay!

Third Team

Brilliant start in the league and well done on getting revenge on Mansfield.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2012 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

A great mont for us with four wims from four. Disappointed with the amount of goals we are conceding, but as long as we are winning games I guess it desnt matter. I a,m pleased with ho we are doing at the other end of the pitch, and with Jake Sinclair inparticular. With Aaron Charity's goals drying up somewhat, Sinclair has really stepped things up to keep us on track.

Absolutely thrilled with how the table looks at the minute!

FA Cup

It was always going to be tough against MK Dons, but I'm so proud of the players. The draw away from home was wonderful and earnt us a well deserved replay. The replay was even better, though really hard to take. After 41mins we lost a man when Aaron Charity red carded, but we held on despite constant pressure from the Dons. We took the lead though in the 85th minute, only to concede an equaliser in the 92nd. They pummled us i extra time, but we stood strong and took it to penalties, which we lost 3-2.

Gutted, but proud.

Reserves

Very good effort in the cup.

Subs Bench

Very good effort in the cup.
    Thanks. As I said, was so proud of the players.

Subs Bench

It's always nice to be linked with other jobs, it tells you that you mst be doing something right! However, I wouldn't be interested at this moment in time.

Amateur

Going strong still.

Part-Timer

Shame to see your FA Cup runs comes to the end against MK Dons Keep up the run in the league

Going great so far in the league and brilliant effort against MK Dons.

Third Team

Looking good in the league,late equalizer then a loss on penalties is a hurtful way to go out.

Subs Bench

Going strong still.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Shame to see your FA Cup runs comes to the end against MK Dons Keep up the run in the league
    Well they are in the playoff spots in League One, so it wasn't much of a surprise. Just gutted to come so close yet not quite have enough.

Going great so far in the league and brilliant effort against MK Dons.
    Thanking you. Hopefully the financial situation doesn't get any worse and I can keep my best players in the January window.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Looking good in the league,late equalizer then a loss on penalties is a hurtful way to go out.
    It was, but like I said a few posts up, I was so proud of how the team did.

--------------------

Sorry the updates haven't been very regular recently - I've had a lot on my late the last 10 days or so. Expect normal service to be resumed by the end of the week.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2012 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

A really great month in the end despite opening up with a couple of draws. All but one of the victories we thoroughly deserved - the one which we didn't was against Luton. They dominated, but we took two of the few chances we created. The two 2-1 results that followed were more comfortable than they look, and the 4-1 win against Salisbury was a nice way to finish the month.

Of course though, I won't pretend that our good form was partly because all but one of our games this month were at home! Atleast that helps our finances, which after our earlier problems are really looking up.

Next up in the league is a trip to Grimsby.

FA Trophy - 1st Round

The draw was favourable for us, as St.Albans are struggling in Blue Square South. But still, I rested one or two players and the boys that came in duly delivered. In the second round we have anther home tie, this time against Alfreton Town.

Come On The Pilgrims!

Opening up a nice gap in the league. Good work .

Subs Bench

Opening up a nice gap in the league. Good work .
    Can't honestly believe how well it's going.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2013 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

Another terrific month with four wins form five games. What was very pleasing was that three of our games were away from home, and that we actually managed to keep a couple of cleansheets! The win at Crawley was very pleasing as travelling there seems to be a tough place to go.

This month aswell also saw the teams just below is drop plenty of points, which helps us greatly as we have sme tough away games coming up in this the second half of the season.

Next up is a tricky looking trip to Fleetwood Town.

FA Trophy 2nd Round

A decent win against side towards the bottom of the league, but it should have been more comfortable really. New signing, Ryan Noble, who arrived on a free this month, got the fourth after coming on as a substitute. Hopefully he will be able to take some of the burden off Aaron Charity and Jake Sinclair.

In the 3rd round, we travel to Blue Square North side Histon.

Ding dong!!! You're walking it!!

Subs Bench

Ding dong!!! You're walking it!!
    Yep, rather stunned!

Although we have just lost our first games for sixteen games.

Subs Bench

What a surprise!! Very proud to be linked with a Premiership job, even if they are bottom of the league! Hight doubt anything will come of it though.

Third Team

Looking very strong in the league.Surely you have a better chance then Steve Kean getting the job

Reserves

Oh you wouldn't want to go there

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Looking very strong in the league.Surely you have a better chance then Steve Kean getting the job
    Oh you wouldn't want to go there
    I didn't get it, they went for Steve Clarke instead.

Not that I applied of course - I've had enough problems when applying for jobs in the past!
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 10-02-2012 at 23:19.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2013 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

Another very good month for us. It didn't start so well away to Fleetwood, who really should have put a few more past us. But it seems that that game was just a blip, and we have recovered well, with three wins and draw since then t extend our lead at the top of the table to seventeen points.

Our last game of the month was a tough one; Darlington away, who were third at the time, and also had the third best home record in the league. But we put in a very good performance and thoroughly deserved our 2-0 win.

FA Trophy 3rd Round

A solid performance, though not spectacular. Against BSN side I wuld have expected us to win by more, but nevertheless we are through to the quarter finals, where we fill face another BSN side, this time in the shape of Colywn Bay, at home.

Just a matter of time till the league is wrapped up. Going strong in the FA Trophy still as well .

Nice to be linked with the Norwich job.

First Team Squad Member

Just been catching up with this, you are doing great and promotion will be confirmed soon. Curious to see if you leave after taking the league title or not.

Reserves

Good call to stay.

Part-Timer

Good to see they pick Clarke You're doing a great job and no surprise you're dominating the league.

Amateur

Easy league

What a surprise!! Very proud to be linked with a Premiership job, even if they are bottom of the league! Hight doubt anything will come of it though.

What is Harry Redknapp doing these days?? Suprised to see him linked with the job.

Subs Bench

Just been catching up with this, you are doing great and promotion will be confirmed soon. Curious to see if you leave after taking the league title or not.
    Unless something in the Championship came along I don't think I'd consider it. Think I've already moved around enough already!

Good call to stay.
    Well, I never had a choice in the matter. I didn't actually apply for the Norwich job, and they never offered it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by john1 View Post
    Good to see they pick Clarke You're doing a great job and no surprise you're dominating the league.
    Cheers.

Easy league
    Disgraceful slur!

What is Harry Redknapp doing these days?? Suprised to see him linked with the job.
    Harry had a shocker with Spurs, gertting sacked in November 2011!! He joined Newcastle in January 2012, and he's now been sacked by them. After 26 Premier League games they're currently bottom with just 19pts!

Reserves

Well, I never had a choice in the matter. I didn't actually apply for the Norwich job, and they never offered it to me.
    I used to resign and apply (though I've stopped that now), so there was a choice.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2013 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

Unbeaten through the month, but three draws and one win saw our lead at the top shrink a fair bit. We weren't helped by the fact that we had to play four FA Trophy games in the month, (see below), meaning that we had to have league games rearranged. As you can see from the table, we have two games in hand on most teams.

If the draw at Ebsfleet was poor, then the two against Kidderminster and Mansfield had some credibility to them. Thankfully we finished the month with aresounding win over Cambridge United.

Seven games to go, and our run in sees us play five games away from home.

FA Trophy

Very poor against Colwyn Bay, but we, eventually, got through after a replay. I wasn't happy, but in the end the result is all that matters.

In the semi final we against faced a side from the divisions(s) below the BSP, and this time we despatched them in a manner we should have done with Colwyn Bay. The games aaginst Blyth also sa Aaron Charity get back amongst the goals- before he scored in the first leg against them, he'd gone eleven hours without a goal!!

In the final, to be played after the end of the league season, we face Newport County.

Reserves

Just been having a read through this and I've hit a bit of an issue. I've always imagined your name was Tom Tucker, just like the news presenter on Family Guy. This thread has shattered that illusion and I'm not happy.

But seriously, I hope you don't mind me saying that this thread (along with AcidBurn's) has inspired me to start my own once the next update is released. Really enjoyed reading it and I hope you'll keep it up for a while yet.

I would have stayed at FC Seoul, I have to admit. Totally understand your reason for leaving but I would have wanted to see what I could do with a full season and maybe resigned if it didn't go according to plan. And if it went well, I probably still would have resigned. I also wouldn't have taken the Bristol Rovers job given their financial state. If anything, you might have been better off not getting promoted and then you'd have had a reason to stick around, although the same issue would still have been there.

Boston Utd was a brave move but it's clear you've found a magic formula there. That would have been a really tough job. Cracking effort so far.

Thumbs up on a really well presented thread (nothing wrong with taking your inspiration from someone else's if it works well). I'll be checking in regularly from now on.

Third Team

Wow! Think you might be on course for a great back-to-back promotion!

Reserves

It's almost certain.

Nearly there Tom. Just a matter of time.

Semi Pro

Don't **** up now.

Amateur

Keep it up Tom

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    Just been having a read through this and I've hit a bit of an issue. I've always imagined your name was Tom Tucker, just like the news presenter on Family Guy. This thread has shattered that illusion and I'm not happy.

But seriously, I hope you don't mind me saying that this thread (along with AcidBurn's) has inspired me to start my own once the next update is released. Really enjoyed reading it and I hope you'll keep it up for a while yet.

I would have stayed at FC Seoul, I have to admit. Totally understand your reason for leaving but I would have wanted to see what I could do with a full season and maybe resigned if it didn't go according to plan. And if it went well, I probably still would have resigned. I also wouldn't have taken the Bristol Rovers job given their financial state. If anything, you might have been better off not getting promoted and then you'd have had a reason to stick around, although the same issue would still have been there.

Boston Utd was a brave move but it's clear you've found a magic formula there. That would have been a really tough job. Cracking effort so far.

Thumbs up on a really well presented thread (nothing wrong with taking your inspiration from someone else's if it works well). I'll be checking in regularly from now on.
    I do apologise for not being the news anchor from Quahog!

And don't worry, I have/had regrets about what path my career was going in after leaving Seoul, and maybe I was a bit hasty in leaving them, but I astill think i was, (just about), the right decison.

Before I took the job at Bristol Rovers I wasn't fully aware of their financial situation. At the time there finances were listed as "okay". I was shocked to discover they were over £900k in debt when I was appointed, and that just got even worse. Lord knows how though as it certaily wasn't my doing! Leaving was the correct decison as the finances were a mess by the end of that season.

I did struggle to get a job afterwards at any decent high-rep clubs. And dropping down to the Blue Square Premier was a risk, but now I feel I'm back on track with Boston. And on the plus side the situation here financially is much better now after the struggles earlier in the season.

And thank you for the kind words about my thread. They are very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Wow! Think you might be on course for a great back-to-back promotion!
    Me personally, or Boston?!!?

It's almost certain.
    I hope it becomes so very soon.

Nearly there Tom. Just a matter of time.
    I should think so! Even with all the draws I'm still so close!

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Don't **** up now.
    Haha I did laugh at that!

Keep it up Tom
    And the players, of course.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 15-02-2012 at 18:09.

Subs Bench

Champions!!

And I've been getting praise from everyone it seems;

We still have five league games to go, and the FA Trophy to come aswell. Hopefully a season review will be posted later this evening or tomorrow.

Subs Bench

And immediately I am linked with a club with a much higher reputation................

Great work on promotion . If the Hull job came up I would leave.

First Team Squad Member

Would you ever apply or wait to be offered another job?

Subs Bench

Great work on promotion . If the Hull job came up I would leave.
    Thanks. I don't think it will come up though, I mean they're 8th and ding well. Letting their manager go would be strange!

Would you ever apply or wait to be offered another job?
    Well I've applied for jobs while still under contract at my two previous clubs, and it has got me in a lot of trouble with them.

First Team Squad Member

I am not loyal at all I apply if I see a job I like, I left one club after just over a week to go to another job I thought I would prefer.

Forgot to say congratulations on securing promotion.

Amateur

Congrats on the promotion. I'd wait to see if I got offered the job first. I dislike annoying my employers

Reserves

If offered the Hull job, I'd be on my way. Only way I'd stay was if I really believed I could do something special with Boston in League Two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast