+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 2520

Thread: Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

Subs Bench

An Apology

I'd just like to take a moment to say sorry to those of you who have PM'ed asking about updates. I've been quite busy over the last few days, and have also been concerntrating on a thread i have posted in the Tactics Forum.

Normality should return by the weekend.

Youth Team

No worries Love the career and look forward to you continuing when you're able to.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - Preseason - 2021/22 - Manchester City

Transfers

This summer did see us cut back massively on the transfer spending. Over the last three years millions has been spent overhauling the squad, and before this summer the club had a net transfer spend of £208million during my first three years at the club. This time around there was no need. I feel a squad has been built that can really win the prize we covert most; the European Cup.

In fact had we not made such a huge investment on youngster Gregg Morton, then we would actually made a profit of over £10million this summer!

Of the players that were sold, a couple I wouldn't have minded keeping around; Martin Trgovcevic and Yoann Le Moal. With Trgovcevic it was a simple decision; he had a year left on his deal and was wanting to increase his wages from £55,000 p/w to £135,000 p/w. No chance of that, and his agent wouldn't go lower than £100,000. Transfer listed, and bye bye. With Le Moal it was harder. He wasn't a great player but could always be relied upon to perform in either fullback spot when a first choice was missing. However, Deportivo said "name your price", and when they actually came back with the offer I decided it was too good to turn down for a back-up player.

Vladimir Markovic
    What a player this man looks like - at only 21 he is fanatastic already and has 4* potential. The fee was rather sizeable, but only £2.5million of it was upfront, with the rest being spread over 48 months.

Danny Welbeck
    He was superb for us last term after joining on loan for the second half of the season. He was reliable for me with both Swansea and England, and although he won't be first choice here, I'm sure he can make a decent little contribution.

Hugh Durrant
    For such a good young player I'm surpried he was available so cheap. He has good technical stats and some decent mentals, and with the right training and tutoring could reach his 3 and 1/2* potential.

Marco Passaretti
    Another with 3 and 1/2* potential. Dosen't look great going foward, but defensively looks very solid. A few games here and there will certainly aid his development.

Necati Yildiz
    Wow. I only noticed him when I started looking around for a striker when Trgovcevic, and amazingly he was leaving Barcelona on a bosman. Easily my best bit of business of the summer.

Mattia Arcari
    A very good find. He's got 3* potential, meaning he can be a handy player for us. A bargain at £2.5million.

Luis Maciel
    Looks excellent for one so young. The fee was just compensation, and he has years to develop. He'll spend this season at feeder club Swindon.

GreggMorton
    He has cost an absolute fortune, (£19.5million rising to £24.million), but what a player this boy could be. He has 4* potential, and in my opinion i the future of this club.

Alot of good buiness ver this summer. In terms of players who could have left the club this summer but were given new ne year contracts, there is Vincent Kompany (35) and Scott Sinclair (32). Bother are only listed as "back-up" players, but even at their respected ages they are good back-up.

Lef tof the squad list are a few who are in the reserves and are very unlikely to get any frist team action this season for various reasons; Mattia Acari, Marco Pasaretti, Junior Cearense, Hugh Durrant, (all need to develop a bit), and Josh McEachran (unwanted).

Yes the squad is big, but there are alot of players in it who are in the teens/early twenties who are there for the experience.

Subs Bench

Preseason 2021/22 Continued

Preseason Friendlies

Some good workouts for the boys, with many of the games not actually quite as easy as they look as I tried out some different things with my new formation. The Hearts game was to do with the fact that we had the Community Shield against Spurs three days later, and I rested the side we were going to start with in that game.

Community Shield

Not a great performance, despite what the 3-0 scoreline suggets. We'll need to do much better when the season kicks off if we want to win a fourth title in a row, nevermind conquer Europe.

Time to crack on with the league campaign, and first up is a trip to Wolves.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 21-06-2012 at 22:04.

Part-Timer

How do Hart's attributes look like in 2021?

Is he still England #1?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post

Is he still England #1?
    He isn't England goalkeeper anymore - retiring from international duty in 2020 i think.

I'll check for certain later and post a screenie when i'm home from work.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Necati Yildiz .

Youth Team

Bought in some great players there. Preseason gone well too so you look set for a great start.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    Necati Yildiz .
    He's easily my best free transfef on any FM for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Bought in some great players there. Preseason gone well too so you look set for a great start.
    Cheer dude. Hopefully we can get a good lead built up so we can concerntrate on the Champions League.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - August 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

A great start to the season for us, with three wins from three. We opened with a 3-0 win away at Wolves - a game we totally dominated and could have won by more had our finishing ben better. Spurs were next at home, and it was really as cmfortable as it looks. However, it was annoying that we couldn't open them up from open play - all three of our goals came from set pieces. The month ended with a comfortable win against newly promoted Huddersfield.

Next up is a trip to Everton.

Youth Team

Can't argue with that start!

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by cerud View Post
    Can't argue with that start!
    Well, we conceded a goal - something I loathe to do.

Subs Bench

Champions League Group Stage Draw

The poor showings from City in Europe before I took over have finally caught up with us, as this year we were relegated to the second set of seeds for the Champions League group stage draw.

In all honesty it could have been worse, and I would expect us to go through as group winners to be honest. On our day we're stronger than Milan.

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner, 2014 Best FMCU Team & Career Thread

Not the easiest of groups on paper, but like you say, you should top it.

Excellent start in the league .

Atleast you didn't get group H

Reserves

Just be glad it's not my Milan Definitely got a good chance of winning.

Subs Bench

Not the easiest of groups on paper, but like you say, you should top it.

Excellent start in the league .
    I think Milan away is the nly game we really need to be concerned about, and that is the sixth group game so I would expect us to be through by then!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Atleast you didn't get group H
    Indeed! Dortmund have just ended Bayern's winning Bundesliga title record, (they had won nine titles in a row until last term), and Juventus have become the first Italian side to win two Serie A titles in a row on my save. Crazy league!

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Just be glad it's not my Milan Definitely got a good chance of winning.
    Haha I definitely am! This Milan arent a patch on yours!

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Indeed! Dortmund have just ended Bayern's winning Bundesliga title record, (they had won nine titles in a row until last term), and Juventus have become the first Italian side to win two Serie A titles in a row on my save. Crazy league!
    Pffft....and you said my save was boring .

Subs Bench

Pffft....and you said my save was boring .
    It has very much been mirrored in Germany.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - September 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

I can't complain about September really. A good win at Everton was followed up by a dominant performance against West Brom - though we couldn't finish and squaeaked through 1-0. After the international break we drew 0-0 at Chelsea, which despite their league position are always a tough match.

League Cup - 3rd Roound

A very performance, and what a way for Necati Yildiz to announce himself to the supporters. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come from him. In the next round we face Newcaste at the Etihad.

Subs Bench

September 2021 Continued

Champions League

A superb start to this seasons Champions League campaign sees us take pole position going into a double header against Anderlecht. Jason Malpass has also showed his quality in the early games - lets hope he can keep it up!

Last edited by tomtuck01; 22-06-2012 at 20:39.

Third Team

Good start to the season and relatively straight forward group in the CL.Good luck in your attempted conquest of the CL

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    Good start to the season and relatively straight forward group in the CL.Good luck in your attempted conquest of the CL
    Cheers dude. Hopefully it will be our year.

Youth Team

Great start to the Champions League

Subs Bench

Great start to the Champions League
    Thanks alot. Hopefully we will be through before the return against Milan on matchday six.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post

Is he still England #1?
    He isn't England goalkeeper anymore - retiring from international duty in 2020 i think.

I'll check for certain later and post a screenie when i'm home from work.
    Sorry I forgot to post a screenie of him earlier; clicky!

As I thought, he did retire from international football after 2020 European Championhips.

Cracking start in Europe .

Subs Bench

Cracking start in Europe .
    Thank you muchly.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

A really terrific month to be honest. It started with a god win against Lancashire rivals Bolton, with Necati Yildiz getting his firt league goal for the club. We followed that with two 1-0 wins in a row at Swansea and Newcastle. We may have had to rely on centre backs scoring, (and no, both of them werem't headers from corners), but winning 1-0 away from home is becoming a habit. We rounded off the month by tonking six past Leicester. Our lead at the top is now up to six points after United had a sloppy month.

The good form this month also saw me win the Manager Of The Month award, my first of the season. Up next is Arsenal at the Etihad, and then the Manchester derby at Old Trafford.

League Cup - 4th Round

Poor performance from the side. I rotated things and we were struggling, thankfully the regulars on the bench came on to get us through. Watford away in the quarter finals is our reward.

Subs Bench

October 2021 Continued

Champions League

Awful performance, and we were lucky to get away with a draw as Joe Hart had to pull off a great save in the last few minutes to keep it at 0-0. I expect better when they travel to the Etihad on matchday four.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 08-08-2012 at 19:37.

Another League Cup on the way?

Some nice results in the league to .

Subs Bench

Another League Cup on the way?

Some nice results in the league to .
    Well I wouldn't mind equalling the record of four in a row.

Amateur

Like SRL88's thread, this is also a stunning read... Love the look of Necati Yildiz, look like he could start firing any moment.

What's your long-term plan? Will you stay at City?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Akkarin View Post
    Like SRL88's thread, this is also a stunning read... Love the look of Necati Yildiz, look like he could start firing any moment.

What's your long-term plan? Will you stay at City?
    For starters, thank you for the kind of words. As I addressed in my opening post the idea for such a thread, and indeed save came after reading SRL88's magnificent thread - a friend of mine on the boards for sometime.

Long term? Well I don't know. I want to win the Champions League before leaving City, but I have also become far too attached to Jaon Malpass. I'm extremely tempted to stay with them just so I can remain manager of him. Sad I know, but I've nutured him for so long now I don't wan't to let him go!

For starters, thank you for the kind of words. As I addressed in my opening post the idea for such a thread, and indeed save came after reading SRL88's magnificent thread - a friend of mine on the boards for sometime.

Long term? Well I don't know. I want to win the Champions League before leaving City, but I have also become far too attached to Jaon Malpass. I'm extremely tempted to stay with them just so I can remain manager of him. Sad I know, but I've nutured him for so long now I don't wan't to let him go!
    The bold deserves a .

The second part is completely understandable. I half didnt want to resign from Liverpool just so I could continue to play Chris Ord until he broke our goalscoring record.

Amateur

Tom u have to let the baby bird out of the nest so it can spread its wings

Subs Bench

The second part is completely understandable. I half didnt want to resign from Liverpool just so I could continue to play Chris Ord until he broke our goalscoring record.
    I suppose the difference is the word "our". In terms of the club, I have no interest in City whatsoever, it's purely Malpass who I'm interested in!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz2k7 View Post
    Tom u have to let the baby bird out of the nest so it can spread its wings
    But I don't want to.

Subs Bench

Why does this always come up in mid-season when I'm in the middle of something!!

Youth Team

I can understand the attachment to a player, especially if he's grown up with the club. Tough to leave.

But I don't want to.
    But Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r, I dont want to .

I understand the annoyance at the Real link, but you have set your ambitions to win the Champions League with Man City. You have to achieve that first surely?

Subs Bench

I can understand the attachment to a player, especially if he's grown up with the club. Tough to leave.
    Not even grown up with City - he started at United!

It's just I bought him at Swansea, nutured him into an internatinal legend with England, then spent ages getting him to City! I feel like he's mine.

Subs Bench

I understand the annoyance at the Real link, but you have set your ambitions to win the Champions League with Man City. You have to achieve that first surely?
    Oh hell yeah.

Look back at my career; I never walk away from a job without achieving my objective.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

Well before the month tarted I would have taken even points from thee three games, but after winning the first two I was a little disappointed not to round it off with a win againt Liverpool. If the win at home to Arsenal was excellent, then the win at Old Trafford was simply outstanding. We took the lead after just a minute, and then just stopped them from playing. We even missed a penalty, but it didn't matter in the end. The draw against Liverpol was harsh - we were very good, just suffered after poor finishing. Still, a good month and I'm delighted with the position we're in.

Next up in the league is a trip to Villa Park.

Subs Bench

November 2021 Continued

Champions League

A couple of solid wins have meant that we go into matchday six in Milan knowing a draw will mean we top the group. It wasn't great against Anderlecht, but we got the job done. And then against Galatasary a rotated side put in a good performance, with Necati Yildiz the star man against his countrymen.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 24-06-2012 at 09:17.

Cant be complaining at this stage. Going pretty much perfect really.

Subs Bench

Cant be complaining at this stage. Going pretty much perfect really.
    Not complaining at all. I'm thrilled with how we've been going along this term.

Subs Bench

So after recently declining the opportunity to take over at Real Mardid, (I was offered a staggering transfer budget of £486million!!), I reached another milestone at City;

I could have gone to Madrid, but instead I'd rather be away at Wigan in the rain on Boxing Day.

You would miss England if you went to Madrid at this stage of your career anyway .

Reserves

I could have gone to Madrid, but instead I'd rather be away at Wigan in the rain on Boxing Day.
    Who wouldn't?

Subs Bench

You would miss England if you went to Madrid at this stage of your career anyway .
    Oh without a doubt. I can't leave my homeland just yet.

Who wouldn't?
    Haha quite so!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2021 - Manchester City

Premier League

What an excellent month; six wins from six, fifteen goals scored, and just two conceded. We opened up with a tricky game at Villa, which we won very late thanks to Mr.Reliable. We follwed that up by crushing Fulham and then comfortably beating Watford. Over Christmas the schedule went crazy, but using the squad to its fullest, with came away with three wins, and some top performances from my old Swansea boys.

Super month, and our lead at the top was stretched to eight points.

League Cup - Quarter Finals

Comfortable win, which saw Neymar finally end his goal drought which went back all the way to August! Our opponents in the semi finals..........Manchester United.

Subs Bench

December 2021 Continued

Champions League

A good result, but I was a touch diappinted to concede an equalier so late in the day. Still, an excellent group phase from us. In the next round we have been drawn against CSKA Moscow, dodging a few potentially tricky sides.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 24-06-2012 at 16:52.

Reserves

Good job winning the group.

Youth Team

NIce job winning the group. CSKA Moscow would be handled well by you too.

Amateur

Turning down 486m? Respect! They should hand you a nice pay-rise! Unbeatable start to the season - really looks like you could do a clean sweep this season... Should have no troubles with CSKA

Part-Timer

Good to see Swansea make it through the group stages - CSKA shouldn't cause you any problems

Amateur

Great work! You could always go to another club and buy Malpass!

Halfway through the season and unbeaten. Good job .

Also, a nice bit of luck in the Champions League draw. Avoiding the likes of PSG and Napoli always results in a good draw.

Youth Team

Good work to win the group and go unbeaten. You've got a strong lead in the league too, clearly the right choice to turn down Real.

Subs Bench

Good job winning the group.
    Thanking you.

NIce job winning the group. CSKA Moscow would be handled well by you too.
    Cheers. I agree, it should be relatively comfortable.

Turning down 486m? Respect! They should hand you a nice pay-rise! Unbeatable start to the season - really looks like you could do a clean sweep this season... Should have no troubles with CSKA
    Well I'm not bothered abot a payrise, just want the glory.

Quote Originally Posted by chile_paul View Post
    Good to see Swansea make it through the group stages - CSKA shouldn't cause you any problems
    The Swans are propersing under Quique Flores - they're well in the mix to finish in the tp four again this term.

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Great work! You could always go to another club and buy Malpass!
    My only worry is that he would cost an absolute fortune.

Halfway through the season and unbeaten. Good job .

Also, a nice bit of luck in the Champions League draw. Avoiding the likes of PSG and Napoli always results in a good draw.
    Thaks dude. And yeah I quite agree, PSG especially would have been a bit of a worry.

Good work to win the group and go unbeaten. You've got a strong lead in the league too, clearly the right choice to turn down Real.
    I quite agree, not at all the right time to move just yet.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2022 - Manchester City

Premier League

Not a bad month, but the defeat against Spurs could prove costly come the end of the season. Prior to that we put in a very good performance against Wolves, but against Spurs they simply matched us and got a bit of fortune when Mauro Vasquez bundled in an own goal. We bounced back though with a comfortable win at Hudderfield, before tearing Everton to pieces.

Next us is West Brom away from home.

FA Cup - 3rd And 4th Rounds

The Stockport game was hugely frutrating. We took the lead in the 9th minute, but then it took us until the 80th minute to grab the second. An annoying performance to say the least. The draw for the fourth round was massive, and the game didn't disappoint. We dominated possession, they had more chances - all in all a draw was the correct result, and nw we look forward to the repla at the Eithad.

Subs Bench

January 2022 Continued

League Cup - Semi Final

Not good enough in either leg. We now have to beat them in the FA Cup replay to resore pride across the city and keep our neighbours quiet.

Transfer Activity

Just one deal of any kind this winter, and it was a signing of a youngster from Germany;

Dirk Leschinski
    Offered to me by his agent, he had become unhappy at Leverkusen and was available for just £1.8million. He's another very good young CB to add to the collection. He has just recently turned 19 and already looks decent and his 3* potential means he has a fair bit f improving to do yet.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 25-06-2012 at 21:38.

Blasted Spurs .

Subs Bench

Blasted Spurs .
    Indeed! They're proving a thorn in my side!

Amateur

Awww man. Great work other than that game though!

Amateur

Tough going against Utd, and Spurs has actually out-scored you...! CL is going smoothly though.

Imagine how much glory you could buy for 486m! Fully supportive of rejecting RM though, you need to complete the project at Man City before moving on

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by cswalk08 View Post
    Awww man. Great work other than that game though!
    Was hoping to go the league season unbeaten.

Tough going against Utd, and Spurs has actually out-scored you...! CL is going smoothly though.

Imagine how much glory you could buy for 486m! Fully supportive of rejecting RM though, you need to complete the project at Man City before moving on
    I usually get out scored by two or three teams to be honest. I always make it a priority to be good at the back.

As for Real, then money never came into it, just like it didn't with City.

Youth Team

Tough luck against Man United, its only the league cup though, you've got bigger fish to fry.

Subs Bench

Tough luck against Man United, its only the league cup though, you've got bigger fish to fry.
    While that is true, it is still a bit disappointing - this will be my first club season since my year at Boston in which i haven't won the League Cup.

Third Team

Doing very well in the league and looking good in Europe.Shame about the exit to Utd in the league but hope you beat them in the replay in the FA Cup.

Amateur

Unlucky on not making the final of the Thomas Lewis Cup ;-)

Subs Bench

Doing very well in the league and looking good in Europe.Shame about the exit to Utd in the league but hope you beat them in the replay in the FA Cup.
    Revenge must be ours after the poor showing in the League Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy_1988 View Post
    Unlucky on not making the final of the Thomas Lewis Cup ;-)
    If I'm at City next term I will make sure we win it!

Reserves

You should still go on and do the league.

Subs Bench

You should still go on and do the league.
    Without a doubt. It would take a monumental collapse not to win it from here.

Amateur

Great career so far, didn't take too long rising to the top of the English leagues!

How long do you see yourself staying with City, and in England as well?

Amateur

Great career you have here Tom, quick question though as I am interested in making a journeyman save, how long did it take you to get n 2021?

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by DBurns View Post
    Great career so far, didn't take too long rising to the top of the English leagues!

How long do you see yourself staying with City, and in England as well?
    Thanks alot. I can't blieve how it's gone to be honest. Way back when I was Boston manager I was amazed to be offered the job at Swansea! I thank them for where I am now.

With City I just want to get the European Cup won. After that I'm sure where I'm going to head or what I want to do. As I have said already, there is the tempatation to stay at Cit because of Jason Malpass though.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by CrD View Post
    Great career you have here Tom, quick question though as I am interested in making a journeyman save, how long did it take you to get n 2021?
    Thanks alot dude.

It has taken me a while - I started the save back in mid January! I suppose though it would depend on how you play the game. I personally take alot of time over training, and do most of the press conferences myself, etc. Whereas some people aren't that fussed about training, and send their assistant to do the press conferences/never reply to media stories.

Amateur

Thanks alot dude.

It has taken me a while - I started the save back in mid January! I suppose though it would depend on how you play the game. I personally take alot of time over training, and do most of the press conferences myself, etc. Whereas some people aren't that fussed about training, and send their assistant to do the press conferences/never reply to media stories.
    I'd won't to do it all myself like I usually do so by the sounds of it I would never get as far as you lol, Looking forward to your next update keep up the good work

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by CrD View Post
    I'd won't to do it all myself like I usually do so by the sounds of it I would never get as far as you lol, Looking forward to your next update keep up the good work
    It depends whether you feel you can stick it out or not. I mean there were times early on when I couldn't be bothered - like when I was unemployed for a few months after leaving Seoul, it was getting really frustrating.

But after I joined Boston after the short stint with Bristol Rovers, I was hooked, and from then on and I've never looked back.

Youth Team

Tough beat from Man Utd in the League Cup. Put them back in their place in the FA Cup! They can't have both

Subs Bench

Tough beat from Man Utd in the League Cup. Put them back in their place in the FA Cup! They can't have both
    Indeed, can't have our biggest rivals dumping us out of both domestic cup competitions!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2022 - Manchester City

Premier League

An excellent month for us, with two good away wins and two important wins at home. We opened the month away at Andre Villas-Boas Wet Brom side, and scored a comfortable 2-0 win, Neymar getting a rare goal this term. A Lancashire derby followed against Bolton, and a tight game was won thanks Jason Malpass who scored on the hour mark. Chelsea then came to the Etihad and we put them to sword, racing to a 3-0 lead before halftime. Chelsea pulled one back late on, but the result was never in doubt. Our last league game of the month was a hard fought victory over former club Swansea, Malpass again getting the crucial strike.

With four wins from four, I was awarded the Manager Of The Month for February, my third monthly award of the campaign.

FA Cup 4th Round Replay And 5th Round

Super performance in the replay against United. We bossed possession, and even though at one point they equalised to make it 1-1, we never really looked in trouble. We frustrated them keeping the ball in the second period, meaning they recieved five bookings and a red card as we aw the game out comfortably. Swansea weren't at their best in the next round, and we cmfortably beat them 2-0.

In the quarter finals we face either Arsenal or Blackpool at the Etihad.

Subs Bench

February 2022 Continued

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 1st Leg

An excellent win in Moscow, making us strong favourites to go through with the return leg to come at the Etihad. Necati Yildiz put in another good performance in the CL yet again.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 27-06-2012 at 18:25.

Two excellent results in the FA Cup over two big sides (feels weird saying that about Swansea ).

Amateur

Malpass is really firing, I can see why you might have grown attached to him! Good win to get back at ManU (it pains me to say) - and excellent performance against CSKA

Subs Bench

Two excellent results in the FA Cup over two big sides (feels weird saying that about Swansea ).
    Swansea are a massive club...............nothing to do with me of course.

Malpass is really firing, I can see why you might have grown attached to him! Good win to get back at ManU (it pains me to say) - and excellent performance against CSKA
    Thanks alot.
    Last edited by tomtuck01; 27-06-2012 at 19:10.

Third Team

Good performances so far,long may it continue.Very impressive wins in the FA Cup against top class sides.

Subs Bench

Good performances so far,long may it continue.Very impressive wins in the FA Cup against top class sides.
    Cheers dude......hopefully we can keep it up and pick up some trophies.

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2022 - Manchester City

Premier League

Because of Arsenal and Blackpool having their FA Cup replay postponed twice because of a waterlogged pitch, our league fixtures were thrown into chaos. Only two league games were possible this month, both of them were wins thanks to Necati Yildiz scoring all of our goals in a 1-0 and 3-0 win.

At the start of April we face Liverpool, the start of a gruellng schedule until the end of the season.

FA Cup - Quarter Final

Disappointing to say the least. We twice took the lead and surrendered it almost immediately. Also we weren't that effective when it came to creating chances, hence us having to reply on two set piece goals from a center back.

If we get through the replay, we will face Chelsea in the semi final.

Subs Bench

March 2022 Continued

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 2nd Leg
    and Quarter Final, 1st Leg

We put in a solid performance to finish CSKA Moscow off in the round of last sixteen, completing a 3-0 aggregate win. The draw for the quarters was relatively kind, though not at all easy. We grinded out another 1-0 away leg win, this time thanks to Jason Malpass, to put us in control ahead of the second leg.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 27-06-2012 at 22:31.

Amateur

Thanks alot. I can't blieve how it's gone to be honest. Way back when I was Boston manager I was amazed to be offered the job at Swansea! I thank them for where I am now.

With City I just want to get the European Cup won. After that I'm sure where I'm going to head or what I want to do. As I have said already, there is the tempatation to stay at Cit because of Jason Malpass though.
    I meant to say to you about Malpass, don't know how I forgot!

It seems like you're very attached to him, understandably so and I'd say your next club would have to be mega rich if you were to buy him!

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by DBurns View Post
    I meant to say to you about Malpass, don't know how I forgot!

It seems like you're very attached to him, understandably so and I'd say your next club would have to be mega rich if you were to buy him!
    Exactly, hence why at the moment I would be a touch reluctant to leave.

But of course I'm attatched to him - he practically won me the World Cup on his own!

Cracking results in Europe. Well done . This could be your year!!

Subs Bench

Cracking results in Europe. Well done . This could be your year!!
    Ssshhh, don't jinx it!

Subs Bench

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2022 - Manchester City

Premier League

Well the month didn't start well, as we suffered just our second league defeat of the season away to Liverpool. However, we bounced back in style by thrashing Aston Villa 6-0, with Jason Malpass in great form. After that we had a weird little run, starting with the game at Fulham which wame just two days after a Champions Leagu game. With a much changed team a draw was a good result. Just another two days past before played Wigan, and the 2-1 scoreline shows it was close, but it was anything but as we had more than 70% of the possession! We rounded off the month with a 1-0 win at Watford, meaning we need just a point from our last four games to secure the title.

Our next game is at home to Ipswich, and I would expect us to wrap up the title then.

FA Cup - Qtr Final Replay and Semi Final

What a mamouth game against Arsenal! The game went this way and that, yet somehow no goals were scored over 120 minutes! The shootout was torturous; 13 penalties each, sme missed, smoe saved, others flying in off the post. Jason Malpass, who had missed his first attempt, scored his second, before Joe Hart saved to send us through to the semi final.

We met Chelsea in the semi, the team who knocked us out at the same stage last season. We took the lead just before the hour, but they hit back straight away. Vincent Kompany hit a screamer to put us back ahead, before Malpass scored a goal on the counter late on.

In the final we face West Brom.

Subs Bench

April 2022 Continued

Champions League - Quarter Final 2nd Leg
    And Semi Final 1st and 2nd Leg

Well, we got through the Marseille game in most unconvincing style. They were excellent in the second leg and probably deserved to go through. The semi saw u face Real Madrid, and in the first leg we played very well, or more precisely we defended excellently and broke away three times, twice winning penalties which Jason Malpass converted. In the second we just defended deep in a bid t contain them, and actually it worked, (some tactical analysis here if you want to see). They did however take the lead just before the break, but we broke clear with 15mins to go and Jason Malpass rounded off a good move to send us through 4-1 on aggregate.

For those of you who have followed my career, you will understand why the draw for the Champions League Final is a bit weird.

Last edited by tomtuck01; 29-06-2012 at 22:14.

Finally got City into the Champions League Final. That will be a bit weird indeed.

Everything all but wrapped up in the league and you should put WBA away in the FA Cup Final.

Amateur

League is pretty much over, favourites for the FA Cup final and into the final of the Champions League - the makings of a great season! Bound to have mixed feelings about playing Swansea though - odds on Malpass scoring the winner?

Good luck for the next month!

Subs Bench

Finally got City into the Champions League Final. That will be a bit weird indeed.

Everything all but wrapped up in the league and you should put WBA away in the FA Cup Final.
    Finally? It's only our third season in the Champions League during my management!

And yes we should beat West Brom, but they have done pretty well since Villas-Boas took over earlier in the campaign.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast