+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Time for a fresh start

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd November 2009
    Posts
    151

    Default Time for a fresh start

    This years version of FM has proved a really challenge. I can't get any consistancy with performances and I am becoming deflated. So I've decided to bin my save and my existing tactics and start from scratch. No edits. No shortlists of pre picked talents or scouring the forums for recommendations No PSGs or Man Citys for an easy life. Just good honest scouting and reading of stats and going back to basics. Hopefully, this will reignite my passion for the game.

  2. #2
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    12th September 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnr_ironside View Post
    This years version of FM has proved a really challenge. I can't get any consistancy with performances and I am becoming deflated. So I've decided to bin my save and my existing tactics and start from scratch. No edits. No shortlists of pre picked talents or scouring the forums for recommendations No PSGs or Man Citys for an easy life. Just good honest scouting and reading of stats and going back to basics. Hopefully, this will reignite my passion for the game.
    The best way good luck. When ive lost passion I usually manage my supported side to greatness, obviously being a Blackburn fan that gives me quite a challenge looking at the current situation. Can imagine it not being as fan if you were say a United or City fan.

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd November 2009
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I am a Spurs fan which can go either way I think.. Good side but seems to be very few saleable players first season so not much room to manouvre the squad. I think I might try a long term save from lowest league and try to build from scratch as it were. Rely on me rather than big names.

  4. #4
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    11th August 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY, USA
    Posts
    5,018

    Default

    My favorite approach is to start unemployed and see what develops. Either that, or pick a lower level league and go from there. Good luck.

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd January 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Try danish lower league. Gives a good challenge when your only allowed to scout Scandinavia. And start at an amateur side, your best players will get picked by other clubs fast.

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th July 2011
    Location
    Sunny Skegness
    Posts
    801

    Default

    I'm glad, hand on heart, that I play the same way that the OP is planning to. I don't look on here for good signings or tactics, dont use an editor of any description or use any sort of scouting device. Most importantly I use an open mind when I'm looking for players to sign.

    I send scouts as many places as I can and see what they come up with, check the transfer list or expiring or do an attribute search. I then scout every player who I want to look at even if I know what they are like in real life before judging them on the attributes I need and what they are like as a person.

    Finding and getting the best out of a player that nobody else talks about on here feels so much more pleasurable than going for the same as anyone else. I also love bringing through regens with potential and turning them into stars which is why I love a longer save.

  7. #7
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st March 2010
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnr_ironside View Post
    I am a Spurs fan which can go either way I think.. Good side but seems to be very few saleable players first season so not much room to manouvre the squad. I think I might try a long term save from lowest league and try to build from scratch as it were. Rely on me rather than big names.
    Just a thought but would consider editing the game so that spurs were in the lowest tier? I am a leicester fan and after a couple of hours in the editor my game was ready to go. I just looked at the other teams in the league to help organise finances, stadium, club reputation and a couple of other little things. Then I'd remove all players with CA above the norm for the league leaving just a few youths to get me started.

    I have to admit I set my youth facilities really high but not at maximum because of the monthly cost of running them. I did also give myself a small transfer budget and a bit of remaining wage budget as when I ticked add new players to teams on the game setup screen I was given championship standard players for some reason which I obviously didn't want or I'd have started in championship.

    This is clearly not going to appeal to everyone but I found it great fun until I got a virus on my laptop and my files were corrupted. Have not got the desire to do it all again but it was fun while it lasted.

  8. #8
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    12th September 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Could Get Messi View Post
    I'm glad, hand on heart, that I play the same way that the OP is planning to. I don't look on here for good signings or tactics, dont use an editor of any description or use any sort of scouting device. Most importantly I use an open mind when I'm looking for players to sign.

    I send scouts as many places as I can and see what they come up with, check the transfer list or expiring or do an attribute search. I then scout every player who I want to look at even if I know what they are like in real life before judging them on the attributes I need and what they are like as a person.

    Finding and getting the best out of a player that nobody else talks about on here feels so much more pleasurable than going for the same as anyone else. I also love bringing through regens with potential and turning them into stars which is why I love a longer save.
    Agree with this, I dont see the point in editing and scouting tools as it takes the whole fun out of the game. Much more satysifiying(spelling) knowing that you personally found a player scouted thought about it bought him and now he is class. In my Blackburn save signed an oscure Brazilian CB think he is about 24 and is already better and more consistent than Samba really do enjoy it.

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd November 2009
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Should get some time tomorrow to start my new game. I don't think in can bring myself to edit Spurs into a lower league as I like the realism and it kind of goes against what I want to do. I always used to play how I described in the first post but kind of got sucked into finding the easy way if I got stuck. Quite looking forward to finding FM again.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd June 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Try bringing Sampdoria back into the Serie A and then to the top of the heap!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts