Im Elmo and i know it! - A career across Europe

acidmonkey

Inspired by this song.

[video=youtube_share;1Fzw5VjnOHk]http://youtu.be/1Fzw5VjnOHk

Hello and welcome to another Acidmonkey career thread after my Sunderland only one last year im off on a bit of a journey this time round trying to manage the clubs i like.

my aims are:

Guide Sunderland to lots of trophies!

win the Ukrainian League as shakhtar

Manage Dortmund

Manage Real Madrid

Manage PSG

Manage any other club that takes my fancy

Just enjoy it

Guide England to a World cup Trophy and European championship trophy in same cycle

Guide Northern Ireland to a World Cup Group stage

Already up to 2018/19 season,

will post club updates on all clubs ive managed so far

Will post monthly updates with the Match report tool from season 2019/2020 with my review and where i think im going right or wrong.

so let it commence.......

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gateshead 11-12

Well i took my first tentative steps into management at my local side Gateshead who were a side looking to have a solid season in the Blue Square premier and we should look to kick on from a that next season who knows maybe even promotion to the football league in 3 years, a Definite football league side in 5 years was my aim.

I set about signing some players the squad was strong enough for my reckoning, with only four players brought in at the beginning of the season I felt we had a strong nucleolus anyway. However it couldn't have got off to a worse start as we went down 3-1 to York in our first outing of the season, however I saw promising signs especially from Kris Gate and Jon Shaw, We won the rest of our matches that month with relative ease, 19 goals in total in august for us with Shaw grabbing 7 of them i knew if we play to the best of our abilities we can get the play-offs this season and that was my opinion after only one month!

We soared to the top of the league running up to Christmas as we were getting all the luck with us edging the games 1-0 or 2-1 with Jon Shaw grabbing our goals. But as Christmas bit so did the inevitable slump, with 1 win in five in January saw the rest of the league gain significant ground on us, We Followed the win up with back to back single goal defeats in February, before getting a run together of 4 victories to all but seal that 2nd spot, as Luton leapfrogged us in March despite us beating them we headed into the final few months desperate to keep the play-off hope alive and we did as we beat Southport 2-0 at home on the Final Day of the season to send us into the play-offs to take on a team we hadn't beaten in the league, York City,

first leg at Bootham Crescent started well as Shaw got us in front but by the end of the first half we were hanging on for dear life. and York eventually levelled in the 76th minute to set us all square heading back up to Tyneside

The second leg we played a lot better in the first half controlling the game and it was just rewards when Mulligan gave us the lead in the 27th minute, but only for York to come out stronger in the second period, however a Ben Clark header in the 75th minute sent us to the final as York just ran out of steam.

For the Final this says it all

Gateshead 1 - 0 Mansfield Town (Blue Square Bet Premier Playoff Final)

Gateshead battled to a deserved 1 - 0 victory over Mansfield Town on a hard and bouncy surface in their Blue Square Bet Premier Playoff Final game at Wembley.

Striker Gary Mulligan gave Gateshead the lead with a close range header in the 40th minute.

Both teams had a number of attempts at goal, which promised much, but the quality of finishing was poor throughout.

Man of the Match: Craig Baxter (Gateshead)

Attendance: 38,823

Well my second season seemed to keep the momentum going from the end of last year, as in the opening month of the season saw us win once and draw once and included a 8-0 thrashing by Birmingham in the Carling Cup, however we did pick up a bit as we got wins over Gillingham. a run of four games unbeaten with wins over Shrewsbury, Colchester a draw with southend and a win over Morecombe before we lost again to Plymouth, however we again went on another run as we beat port Vale, Burton Albion and Notts County in a run of 5 games where we grabbed 10 points and it sent us up to a respectable position. however by this time i had been noticed in the football world, i had been offered a few league One jobs of struggling sides however what happened the day after the Notts county game on the 10th of November shocked me! and it saw me up sticks and leave Tyneside.....

Sheffield Wednesday 12-16

2012-13

A Sleeping giant took a gamble on me after being disgraced in last year's play-offs the Owls board were not happy with the club languishing outside the play-offs in November and Coventry running away with the league so I was offered a surprise step up in job which I grasped with both hands and set about examining the squad, we started with a FA Cup 1st round tie with Basingstoke and when i put out a full strength side I didn't not expect what happened as Gary Madine grabbed 5 goals as we ran out 7-0 winners with O'Grady grabbing one and Morrison grabbing the other what I didn't realise was, that it was a sign of things to come! again i continued my tradition of losing the first league game in control as Peterborough beat us comfortably 3-0, however what followed was nothing short of outstanding from all players, as we failed to lose a single league game for the rest of the season as we started clawing away at the lead Coventry had at the top of the table we even smashed them 4-0 at The Rioch Arena for good measure however there was still a lot of work to do as we need Coventry to slip up, and slip up they did as the struggled at the end of the season drawing 4 of their last 5 games giving us the opportunity we needed we didn't look back as i had got us to the championship with relative ease the side were propped up by O'Grady's 28 league goals and his strike partner Madines 34 goals in all competitions was what did it, nothing to do with my tactics etc. just too really good goal scorers.

2013-14

Well into my First season in the championship as we signed 14 players to help cope with the step up and i cleared out players i thought weren't good enough in came Marton Fulop Grant Leadbitter, Kai Naismith Jason Scotland all players with quality for this level i though and i fully intended to stick with the goalscorers who got us here Madine and o'Grady,

Well despite losing to Wigan in our first outing of the season (see a pattern developing here???) we got Ipswich with a 4-1 win at Portman road before beating Leicester, Millwall and Watford with Madine continuing where he left off as he bagged 6 in the first 5 games before we came unstuck losing to the big sides in the division as Newcastle turned us over before Reading and Swansea brushed us aside we then lost narrowly to Huddersfield as we went into freefall but a sold win over Brighton followed by win over Bristol City got us back into mid-table which is where we stayed for most of the season, a run towards the end of the year saw us begin a late push for the play-offs it even included a 2-0 win over Newcastle (thought you might like that Acidburn :) ) before we sneaked in on the last day where we would be playing Wigan.

Well we started poorly as Wigan took hold of the game, before our flying Fin, Alfred Finnbogason got one back in first half stoppage time, Alfred won us the game with three minutes remaining to give us the advantage going into the second leg, However in the second leg two goals in the first 10 minutes left us with it all to do Strand got one back from the penalty spot but the tie went to extra time where Wigan won the match and left us to have another go next season.

2014-15

Well i kept the core of the squad and went for a 7 in 7 out approach with transfers as i brought in Jay Spearing and Danny Welbeck on frees, two loanees from parent Club Sampdoria, and a right back from France the most notable outgoing was Tommy Rowe, Great winger signed from Peterborough for £190k sold to Everton for £1m.

Well our season got under way and yes you guessed it we lost on the opening day before bouncing back, this time we beat Leicester Bristol City then Bournemouth before drawing with Leeds, slightly disappointed in October as we lost 2-1 at home to Sunderland. who turned into our bogey team later in the season, there was unfortunately a run of one win in twelve games as we lost 4 by a single goal and drew 4 we were in need for Welbeck to step up to the plate and in the new year he did that as he fired us away from midtable and to within reach of the play-offs january was a good month for us as we won all three league games before remaing unbeaten till the end of Febuary where Sunderland were the side to end the run, but We Bounce back through Welbeck as we lost only twice more that season as his 18 goals in 20 league games got us into the play-offs, where we would face, yes you guessed it Sunderland!

all i can say about the first leg at the stadium of light was we were poor, very very poor and Sunderland rolled us over and effectively ended the tie on the night despite taking a early lead through welbeck Sunderland hit back rather successfully as we went down 5-1.

The second leg was a boring effort as it ended goalless.

2015-16

Well this year had to be the year didn't it? third time lucky and all that? well in the transfer market Madine was allowed to leave on a free as was O'Grady who id deemed not good enough for this level Madine on the other hand had just decided he was leaving and that was it end of an era,

the signings I made were mainly experienced heads in came Figueroa to shore up the back line, Mingolet came in between the sticks and Antonio Cassano came in as experience up top.

For a change the first game of the season actually ended well for me as we beat Norwich 2-0 with Welbeck and Norwood scoring the goals what followed we a terrific start to the season that saw us rise to top spot big sides were put knocked down like dominoes Middlesbrough defeated 3-2 at the riverside, Leeds smashed 6-2 at elland road, Blackpool beaten 3-1 at Hillsbrough, only draws against Wigan (0-0) and Huddersfield (2-2) killed out 100% Record, The Rest of the season went with relative Ease as Welbeck put defence after defence to the sword, as we made a lead at the top of the table and kept it till the bitter end we were championship winners and we were going to the premier league, however we not much money i was in need of a major overhaul of the squad for survival alone.

That's when it happened......

Shakhtar Donetsk

2016-17

It happened I got my first crack at a European chasing club I originally thought it was a big step up from championship to champions league it's not that huge after all they aren't the greatest league in the world.

But because it was Europe I wanted and the squad was aging after a 2nd placed finish last season I set about spending the £40m I had on some talented Ukrainians, first in was Bogdan Butko from Zenit for £10m which was a sizable chunk for the Ukrainian captain but in my eyes totally worth it.

following him was Argentinean Left back Macias Brazilian striker Guilherme and my coup German U21 striker Kretschmer all this and £4m to spare but we had a good squad maybe not for the champions league but definitely for the Europa!

I feel like our tradition of starting off a season with a defeat has taken hold, however with this being Ukraine and me being a top side in the country we didn't we started with a run of 6 Victories with only one goal conceded at home to Dynamo Kyiv however it wasn't Kyiv I should be worried about it was Dnipro who beat me first and took top spot in the league we bounced back with a 6-0 win before winning the next 5 league games before we drew 2-2 to a last minute goal away at Metalurg Zp. the rest of the league season was a breeze as we got wins in the remaining 17 league games, including a 7-0 win over Metalurg Donetsk a 3-0 win over Kyiv and a 1-0 win over Dnipro.

But it was Europe where I wanted to do well. and it started really well as we drew 1-1 with Seville in Spain before holding Inter to a 2-2 draw in Ukraine, we got successive 2-0 wins over Swiss side Neuchatel Xamax and we were looking good for a 2nd spot only for a 82nd min goal at home to Sevilla left us with it all to do at the san Siro and the best we could hope for was a Europa league adventure. and after we went down 3-2 we were in the Europa with some very strong sides.

the 1st knockout Round we drew a unbelievably hard test with Arsenal however in the first leg Arsenal couldn't cope in the Ukraine with -6 and windy conditions we edged them 2-1. The trip back to London we were out played but not out fought as in the 2nd min we were reduced to 10 men but still managed to lead 2-0 at the break and 4-1 on aggregate however two late goals by arsenal set up a nervy finish but we held on and progressed 4-3 on aggregate.

Again a big team were pulled out of the hat as we drew Turkish Giants Fenerbahce but they weren't as big and scary as I first thought as thanks to two penalties we saw them off in Donetsk 4-2 to set us up nicely for the trip back to Istanbul where we played out a 2-2 draw and never looked like going out.

Well we continued the difficult side route in the competition as we next had a trip to Germany and Leverkusen where we raced into a 3-0 lead by the break Leverkusen got two back but we ran out 4-2 winners at the BayArena, The second leg was as easy as the first as we got an early goal in Donetsk and held it to tame a side who would send us out.

Into the Semis we had reached facing Marseille knowing two games could have us competing for the ultimate prize and the Europa League trophy. and when the game entered the final 20 minutes it looked set to all be decided in France, however what happened next was outstanding on our part as Stepanenko curled a shot in from a free-kick before Dentinho headed home a second 2 minutes later Seleznyov got us a third with 94 on the clock (FERGIE TIME!) to firmly put us in the driving Seat. in the second leg we were completely out played in France but we managed to hold on for a 1-0 win and a trip to Amsterdam to play Ajax in the Europa League final, how unlucky can you get playing a European final against a side in their home stadium! and the home stadium atmosphere helped them as despite battling a free flowing game into 2-2 at the break Ajax came out storming in the second half and left us with nothing more than a runners up medal as it finished 5-2 on the 90

by this time I was being linked with numerous jobs in the Bundesliga and I had decided I was going to Germany next season I just had to choose who, with Shalke, Wolfsburg, Hoffenhiem and Werder Bremen all wanting to appoint me.

And my Decision was...................

Dortmund

2017-18

Well my final choice was a left field offer I hadn't expected previous manager Matthias Sammer had left to join Hoffenhiem and I was offered the job of Der BVB which I jumped at the chance to do it's my favourite German side and with Gotze still at the club I knew I had a chance of doing well, that didn't stop me from spending some cash in my first summer however as I spent £20m of the bundesliga clubs money bringing in 6 new faces we needed a goalkeeper and the best on the market was Tim Krul who joined for £2m to be the number one stopper, our strike options were limited so Pletikosa joined from Prague for £14m and Bernt and Reich joined from Lyon and Mainz respectively both German U21 players.

Well we started our season the way I start most seasons it seems as we went down 3-2 to Leverkusen at the BayArena before only managing a 1-1 draw with HSV not the best start but some easier sides next as we beat Frankfurt, Hoffenheim and Kaiserslautern comfortably as we edged past a few more sides before a 0-0 draw away at local rivals Schalke big results over the next few months were a 2-1 win over Bayern, a 7-0 thrashing of bottom club Hertha and a 4-0 win over fellow strugglers Furth but our consistent score seemed to be 1-0 wins.

The winter break loomed on the horizon with us at the top of the table hoping for the title as our fellow challengers tripped over themselves giving us a healthy lead at the top at the re start in February. And when we restarted we went with a bang only dropping points away at Koln as we cantered to the bundesliga title, the real challenge is next season and trying to defend it.

2018-19

Well onto the current season where I'm currently sat at the winter break, in the summer i was happy with the squad so only brought in 2 players both of which young U21s for a combined fee of £16m a lot but these guys have potential.

Anyway we opened our Bundesliga campaign with a solitary goal win over Koln before beating newly promoted Gladback 5-0 we struggled the following weekend only managing to come back to a 2-2 draw with Werder Bremen we bounced back with three back to back wins before struggling to a draw with Frankfurt. before a week later we went down 3-1 to Leverkusen leaving us sat 4th in the table. We rallied round with a good winning streak of 4 games before the big one Home to Bayern 2 points adrift a win would have sent me top but we were dreadful first half and only managed a 2-2 draw before drawing blanks in the last competitive game before the break against Furth.

Champions League is going well, wins over Sparta Prague (2-0, 4-1) 4 points from Atalanta ( 3-0, 1-1) and four points from Man Utd (2-2, 4-1) saw us win the group and Draw big spending PSG

So that's where we are up to Monthly updates begin tomorrow,

Any Questions?

B.W.G. - its been a suprising one to be honest the Dortmund job offer came as a complete shock to be honest,

Deltablue - when i got offered the Dortmund job i had to go always had a soft spot for them

Fabio MVP - Capri's do suck! :)

January Update

Borussia Dortmund 4 - 1 Fortuna Düsseldorf (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund enjoyed near total domination over a distinctly average Fortuna Düsseldorf side at Signal Iduna Park this afternoon. A brace from Oliver Neuendorf helped Dortmund to victory.

Midfielder Christian Eriksen gave Borussia Dortmund the lead with a tidy finish in the 23rd minute. Defensive midfielder Wellington doubled Borussia Dortmund's lead with a real poacher's effort on 35 minutes.

Neuendorf scored with a placed shot in the 55th minute to extend the lead further. Striker Adriano Grimaldi pulled one back for Fortuna Düsseldorf after 74 minutes with a close range diving header.

An error from Fortuna Düsseldorf's Manuel Gulde allowed Neuendorf to score a well timed finish from close range.

Dortmund are currently on an eight match unbeaten run and the title contenders lie in 2nd place in the 1. Bundesliga.

Man of the Match: Oliver Neuendorf (Dortmund)

Attendance: 80,720

1.FC Köln 1 - 2 Borussia Dortmund (DFB-Pokal Qtr Final)

Borussia Dortmund produced a solid performance to beat 1.FC Köln at RheinEnergieStadion. A brace from Ante Pletikosa helped Dortmund to victory.

Midfielder Alan Patrick gave 1.FC Köln the lead with a well struck effort which found the back of the net via the goalpost in the 55th minute. Enthusiastic striker Ante Pletikosa then equalised for Borussia Dortmund in the 69th minute with a well timed close range finish.

Borussia Dortmund's winner came through Pletikosa as he seized on Doctor Mampuru's mistake to score a finish tucked away with consummate ease. Pletikosa's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

1.FC Köln also saw their 86th minute strike questionably chalked off.

Man of the Match: Ante Pletikosa (Dortmund)

Attendance: 50,076

not much in the way of games this month as we come back off the winter break however we continue to try and push Bayern for top spot as the wobbles we had earlier in the season leaves us still trying to chase Bayern now, but still we sit four points behind, But we continue to play strongly in the cup even if we were extremely lucky to progress to the Semi finals after coming from behind. and there was only one signing by us this window with Jakub Fabry Joining for £3.2m with no sales. But after his Hip Injury Mario Gotze is finally back after 2 months on the sidelines.

February Fixtures (Subject to change)

Koln A (Bundesliga)

Gladbach A (Bundesliga)

Wolfsburg H (Bundesliga)

PSG A (Champions League)

Werder Bremen A (Bundesliga)

February Update

1.FC Köln 3 - 2 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund went into their match with 1.FC Köln anticipating a stroll in the park and an easy win. A brace from Kelvin helped Köln to victory.

The first incident of note was on 44 minutes as Borussia Dortmund were denied claims by Mario Götze for a penalty. Striker Julian Schieber gave Borussia Dortmund the lead with an accurate finish in the 48th minute.

Striker Kelvin then equalised for 1.FC Köln in the 64th minute with a well struck shot from inside the box which made sure. Winger Oliver Neuendorf then put Borussia Dortmund in front after 74 minutes with a real poacher's effort.

1.FC Köln's equaliser came through Kelvin as he seized on Tim Krul's mistake to score an effort from the edge of the area. Better late than never for 1.FC Köln and the fans were clearly delighted with Kelvin's impact.

Winger Christian Clemens then clinched a late winner on 90 minutes with a simple finish from close in. Clemens' impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Dortmund are currently in 2nd place, seven points behind league leaders FC Bayern.

Man of the Match: Kelvin (Köln)

Attendance: 48,193

Borussia Mönchengladbach 1 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund could count themselves highly unlucky to only draw in their 1. Bundesliga match at Borussia-Park.

Enthusiastic striker Yannic Maier gave Borussia Mönchengladbach the lead with a close range header in the 43rd minute. Borussia Dortmund's equaliser came through Julian Schieber as he seized on Stefan Ziegler's mistake to score a tap-in.

Man of the Match: Marcel Schmelzer (Dortmund)

Attendance: 48,951

Borussia Dortmund 2 - 2 VfL Wolfsburg (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund fans will have been frustrated by their side's 2 - 2 draw with VfL Wolfsburg at Signal Iduna Park.

Things did not get off to a good start for Borussia Dortmund as striker Rasmus Jönsson seized on an error by Neven Subotic to score a good header from just inside the six-yard box. Borussia Dortmund's equaliser came through Julian Schieber as he seized on Thulani Serero's mistake to score a placed shot. It was a superb solo effort and Schieber looked delighted. Jönsson then added his 2nd goal of the game with a deftly executed finish on 46 minutes.

Borussia Dortmund's equaliser came through Ante Pletikosa as he seized on Pereira's mistake to score a well timed finish from close range. Better late than never for Borussia Dortmund and the fans were clearly delighted with Pletikosa's impact.

Dortmund have climbed above Hannover 96 and Bayer 04 Leverkusen to 3rd in the 1. Bundesliga.

Man of the Match: Rasmus Jönsson (Wolfsburg)

Attendance: 80,403

Paris Saint-Germain 1 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (Champions League 1st Knockout Rnd)

Borussia Dortmund could count themselves somewhat fortunate to have escaped with a draw against Paris Saint-Germain in their UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round game at Parc des Princes. The match was certainly not one for the purists with neither side able to keep the errors out of their game.

Commanding centre-back Mats Hummels gave Borussia Dortmund the lead with a real poacher's effort in the 20th minute. Paris Saint-Germain were nearly gifted a goal on 22 minutes through Ondrej Celustka's lapse in concentration but they failed to capitalise on the opportunity presented to them.

Striker Nélson Oliveira equalised for Paris Saint-Germain after 30 minutes with a header. Paris Saint-Germain were nearly gifted a goal on 65 minutes through Neuton's lapse in concentration but they failed to capitalise on the opportunity presented to them.

Man of the Match: Mats Hummels (Dortmund)

Attendance: 52,365

SV Werder Bremen 0 - 4 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

A close-fought game at Weserstadion ended in a one-sided result as Borussia Dortmund defeated SV Werder Bremen 4 - 0. A brace from Bernd Jansen helped Dortmund to victory.

Things did not get off to a good start for SV Werder Bremen as enthusiastic striker Jakub Fabry seized on an error by Santiago Arias to score a close range effort. Midfielder Christian Eriksen doubled Borussia Dortmund's lead with a poorly struck effort from inside the penalty area on 31 minutes.

Jansen scored with a deftly executed finish in the 34th minute to extend the lead further. There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout on 50 minutes as that man Jansen popped up again with a placed shot.

Dortmund have climbed above Hannover 96 and VfL Wolfsburg to 2nd in the 1. Bundesliga.

Man of the Match: Jakub Fabry (Dortmund)

Attendance: 34,180

Well February over and the amount of games to win the league is dwindling fast and it was a poor month for us with the defeat and 2 draws meant we slipped even further behind Bayern at one point we lost 2nd place and with 12 games to go we find ourselves 8 points behind (possibly 11 from the game in hand) im starting to consider writing off the league season and just going for it in the cups and plan to finish runners up so we can try again next year, the draws were all against the lower sides in the league as well which is why its annoyed me so much, however we ended the month strongly and even managed a draw in France which sets us up nicely for the return leg

Fixtures in March (subject to change)

Hoffenheim HOME (Bundesliga)

Bochum AWAY (DFB-Pokal Semi Final)

Duisburg AWAY (Bundesliga)

PSG HOME (Champions League 2nd Leg)

Frankfurt HOME (Bundesliga)

Kaiserslautern AWAY(Bundesliga)

The goal voted Bundesliga goal of the month!

[video=youtube;u5oTs0eMAiM]

March update

Borussia Dortmund 3 - 1 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (Bundesliga)

An efficient performance by Borussia Dortmund's players saw them confidently overcome a lacklustre TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 3 - 1 at Signal Iduna Park. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat-trick from Dortmund's Bernd Jansen.

Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen gave Borussia Dortmund the lead with a placed shot in the 19th minute. Jansen added his 2nd goal of the game with a placed shot on 27 minutes.

Borussia Dortmund also saw their 39th minute strike questionably chalked off. Experienced midfielder Jens Hegeler pulled one back for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim after 45 minutes with a freak goal.

Jansen completed the scoring for Borussia Dortmund with a well timed close range finish on 92 minutes.

Man of the Match: Bernd Jansen (Dortmund)

Attendance: 79,805

VfL Bochum 0 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (DFB-Pokal Semi Final)

Borussia Dortmund produced a good display this evening to see off the challenge of VfL Bochum at rewirpowerSTADION.

With the game nearing an end, it was Oliver Neuendorf who scored a tap-in to give Borussia Dortmund the lead on 121 minutes. Neuendorf's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Dortmund had the better possession but struggled to stay onside when going forward, resulting in broken sequences of play.

Man of the Match: Marcel Schmelzer (Dortmund)

Attendance: 31,328

MSV Duisburg 1 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund fans came away from MSV-Arena largely in good spirits after their match against MSV Duisburg.

The match began in controversy with MSV Duisburg seeing a goal disallowed in controversial circumstances. Borussia Dortmund finally took the lead when striker Leon Berndt scored a tap-in on 59 minutes.

Striker Agon Mehmeti equalised for MSV Duisburg after 83 minutes with a shot from eighteen yards out.

Man of the Match: Florian Fromlowitz (Duisburg)

Attendance: 30,962

Borussia Dortmund 5 - 3 Paris Saint-Germain (Champions League 1st Knockout Rnd)

An efficient performance from Dortmund saw them run out 5 - 3 winners over Paris Saint-Germain at Signal Iduna Park. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat-trick from Dortmund's Bernd Jansen.

Enthusiastic striker Ante Pletikosa gave Borussia Dortmund the lead with an incisive finish in the 15th minute. Then followed controversy as Borussia Dortmund were denied claims by midfielder Ilkay Gündogan for a penalty.

Pletikosa added his 2nd goal of the game with a well executed finish on 45 minutes. Winger Magaye Gueye pulled one back for Paris Saint-Germain after 52 minutes with a placed shot.

An error from Paris Saint-Germain's Florian Nicot allowed tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen to score an accurate finish from inside the penalty area. Jansen was able to add to his tally soon after with another strike on 62 minutes.

Paris Saint-Germain were nearly gifted a goal on 65 minutes through Christian Eriksen's lapse in concentration but they failed to capitalise on the opportunity presented to them. Striker Brown Ideye pulled one back for Paris Saint-Germain after 74 minutes with a close range finish which was timed impeccably.

Striker Miodrag Kuveljic gave the Paris Saint-Germain fans a glimmer of hope after 78 minutes with a screamer from the edge of the area. Jansen completed the scoring for Borussia Dortmund with a powerful close range effort on 79 minutes.

Dortmund therefore win 6 - 4 on aggregate.

Attendance: 79,602

Borussia Dortmund 4 - 0 Eintracht Frankfurt (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund pulled off a 4 - 0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt at Signal Iduna Park in their latest 1. Bundesliga match. A brace from Bernd Jansen helped Dortmund to victory.

Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen got Borussia Dortmund off to a flyer by scoring a tap-in on 8 minutes. With Eintracht Frankfurt staring at defeat, there was controversy as defensive midfielder Sasa Markovic then had a penalty shout turned down.

Enthusiastic striker Jakub Fabry doubled Borussia Dortmund's lead with an accurate finish which went in off the post on 19 minutes. Jansen added his 2nd goal of the game with a well struck effort on 66 minutes.

Striker Julian Schieber completed the rout with a fierce shot on 79 minutes.

1.FC Kaiserslautern 0 - 3 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund enjoyed near total domination over a distinctly average 1.FC Kaiserslautern side at Fritz-Walter-Stadion this afternoon. A brace from Bernd Jansen helped Dortmund to victory.

Striker Julian Schieber gave Borussia Dortmund the lead with a placed shot in the 40th minute. It was a superb solo effort and Schieber looked delighted. Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen doubled Borussia Dortmund's lead with a fierce shot on 44 minutes.

1.FC Kaiserslautern also saw their 54th minute strike questionably chalked off. There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout on 78 minutes as that man Jansen popped up again with a well timed close range finish.

Attendance: 44,025

Well a much better month on our part wins in the league to keep us 2nd through to the Cup Final where we will play Stuttgart and through to the Quarter finals of the Champions League after a good result against PSG. got a very tough month coming up but i want 2nd place in the league and nothing less before making a crack at the title again next season.

Fixtures in April (subject to change)

Leverkusen HOME (Bundesliga)

Schalke AWAY (Bundesliga)

Mainz HOME (Bundesliga)

HSV AWAY (Bundesliga)

Stuttgart HOME (Bundesliga)

FC Bayern AWAY (Bundesliga)

Well the Champions League Draws have just taken place:

Real Madrid V Dortmund

Barcelona V Man City

Marseille V Chelsea

Lyon V Sampdoria

Which has also drawn a Semi final line up of:

Lyon or Sampdoria V Barcelona or Man City

Real Madrid or Dortmund V Marseille or Chelsea

Which Means Aprils Fixtures now look like this:

Leverkusen HOME (Bundesliga)

Schalke AWAY (Bundesliga)

Real Madrid AWAY (Champions League Qtr)

Mainz HOME (Bundesliga)

Real Madrid HOME (Champions League Qtr)

Stuttgart HOME (Bundesliga)

HSV AWAY (Bundesliga)

FC Bayern AWAY (Bundesliga)

Ok because of a "failed to load saved game" this is the Champions League Draw

Quater Final

Man City V Barcelona

Chelsea V Marsellie

Sampdoria V Dortmund

Lyon V Real Madrid

Reloaded half a dozen times to get original draw but kept putting this one out

April Update

Borussia Dortmund 5 - 0 Bayer 04 Leverkusen (Bundesliga)

Bayer 04 Leverkusen had more of the game in their latest 1. Bundesliga match, but were still on the wrong end of a 5 - 0 thrashing at the hands of Borussia Dortmund. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat-trick from Dortmund's Bernd Jansen.

Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen gave Borussia Dortmund the lead with an accurate finish in the 16th minute. Midfielder Ilkay Gündogan doubled Borussia Dortmund's lead with a real poacher's effort on 46 minutes.

Fabry scored with a simple finish from close in in the 63rd minute to extend the lead further. Jansen added his 2nd goal of the game with an accurate finish on 76 minutes.

There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout on 88 minutes as that man Jansen popped up again with a fluke goal.

FC Schalke 04 0 - 3 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

FC Schalke 04 succumbed to a 3 - 0 loss in this evening's 1. Bundesliga clash at VELTINS-Arena. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat-trick from Dortmund's Bernd Jansen.

Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen gave Borussia Dortmund the lead with a finish tucked away with consummate ease in the 29th minute. Jansen had no trouble in scoring from the spot when Tolga Cigerci conceded a penalty. There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout on 39 minutes as that man Jansen popped up again with a deftly executed finish.

FC Schalke 04 were nearly gifted a goal on 82 minutes through Tim Krul's lapse in concentration but they failed to capitalise on the opportunity presented to them.

Dortmund have notched up four straight wins and the title contenders occupy 2nd place in the 1. Bundesliga.

Attendance: 61,673

Borussia Dortmund 6 - 0 1.FSV Mainz 05 (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund fans celebrated an emphatic 6 - 0 win at Signal Iduna Park this evening. The game will be remembered for a remarkable display of goalscoring from Dortmund's Bernd Jansen.

Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen got Borussia Dortmund off to a flyer by scoring an accurate finish from inside the penalty area on 9 minutes. Jansen added his 2nd goal of the game with a header on 28 minutes.

Jansen had no trouble in scoring from the spot when Malik Fathi conceded a penalty. Striker Julian Schieber then added to the lead with a close range header on 55 minutes.

An error from 1.FSV Mainz 05's Stefan Bell allowed Jansen to score a fine header from point-blank range. Enthusiastic striker Jakub Fabry completed the rout with a deftly executed finish on 85 minutes.

Borussia Dortmund 1 - 1 Sampdoria (Champions League Qtr Final)

After a 1 - 1 draw at Signal Iduna Park against Borussia Dortmund, a key member of the Sampdoria side claimed that his team were fortunate to escape from this UEFA Champions League Quarter Final fixture with a draw.

Striker Simone Oliveti gave Sampdoria the lead with a smart diving header from close range in the 23rd minute. Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen equalised for Borussia Dortmund after 69 minutes with a tap-in.

Dortmund therefore win 4 - 2 on aggregate.

Man of the Match: Frederik Sørensen (Sampdoria)

Attendance: 79,262

Borussia Dortmund 0 - 0 VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund could count themselves highly unlucky to only draw in their 1. Bundesliga match at Signal Iduna Park.

Dortmund had a number of attempts at goal but their profligacy meant they didn't score as many as they maybe would have liked.

Man of the Match: Neuton (Dortmund)

Hamburger SV 0 - 2 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund overcame a resilient Hamburger SV side in the 1. Bundesliga game at Imtech Arena this evening.

The first noteworthy incident of the match proved to be controversial, with Hamburger SV seeing a goal disallowed. Defensive midfielder Sven Bender gave Borussia Dortmund the lead with a real poacher's effort in the 48th minute.

Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen finally rounded off their victory on 59 minutes with an accurate finish.

Man of the Match: Neven Subotic (Dortmund)

Attendance: 51,432

FC Bayern München 3 - 2 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

A fine spring evening at Allianz-Arena saw FC Bayern München come out on top against a surprisingly lacklustre Borussia Dortmund side.

Things did not get off to a good start for Borussia Dortmund as midfielder David Alaba seized on an error by Tim Krul to score a good header from just inside the six-yard box. Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen then equalised for Borussia Dortmund in the 31st minute with a fluke goal.

Commanding centre-back Dionísio put FC Bayern München in front in the 34th minute with a close range finish which was timed impeccably. Jansen equalised for Borussia Dortmund in the 40th minute with a mighty header from within the six-yard box.

Flamboyant forward Erick Torres scored what proved to be the winner on 53 minutes with a tame effort from close to goal.

Attendance: 69,901

Back to back defeats for Bayern at the beginning of the month allowed me to come back into the title race as we headed in the champions league game only four points behind the leaders, we were doing so well to move on and chase down Bayern before we were held by Stuttgart But we picked up towards the end of the month picking up the win over HSV to keep in touch with Bayern before the edged a narrow game to all but seal he title, left me 9 points behind Bayern but 10 points ahead of third placed Wolfsburg.

May's Fixtures (subject to change)

Real Madrid AWAY (Champions League)

Hannover HOME (Bundesliga)

Real Madrid HOME (Champions League)

Furth AWAY (Bundesliga)

Stuttgart (DFB-Pokal Final)

Possible Champions Leaguefinal on 1st June

May Update

Real Madrid C.F. 4 - 0 Borussia Dortmund (Champions League Semi Final)

Borussia Dortmund did not provide an upset in the UEFA Champions League Semi Final as they were comfortably beaten 4 - 0 by Real Madrid C.F. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat-trick from R. Madrid's Gonzalo Higuaín.

The match began in controversial circumstances as Borussia Dortmund were denied claims by Bernd Jansen for a penalty. Flamboyant striker Gonzalo Higuaín gave Real Madrid C.F. the lead with a well executed finish in the 16th minute.

Cristiano Ronaldo was able to keep his composure to score from the spot after Subotic gave away a penalty. Higuaín added his 2nd goal of the game with a deftly executed finish on 36 minutes.

It was a superb solo effort and Higuaín looked delighted. Borussia Dortmund's Neven Subotic received the red card for a professional foul with 40 minutes on the clock.

There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout on 63 minutes as that man Higuaín popped up again with a well timed finish from close range.

Man of the Match: Gonzalo Higuaín (R. Madrid)

Attendance: 94,267

Borussia Dortmund 3 - 1 Hannover 96 (Bundesliga)

Borussia Dortmund enjoyed near total domination over a distinctly average Hannover 96 side at Signal Iduna Park this afternoon. A brace from Bernd Jansen helped Dortmund to victory.

Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen got Borussia Dortmund off to a flyer by scoring a placed shot on 2 minutes. Defensive midfielder Wellington doubled Borussia Dortmund's lead with a good header from just inside the six-yard box on 12 minutes.

Jansen added his 2nd goal of the game with a placed shot on 39 minutes. An error from Borussia Dortmund's Neuton allowed winger Marco Reus to score a real poacher's effort.

Borussia Dortmund 2 - 2 Real Madrid C.F. (Champions League Semi Final)

The Borussia Dortmund contingent that watched their side draw 2 - 2 with Real Madrid C.F. at Signal Iduna Park will have been more than pleased with their team's performance in an entertaining Champions League Semi Final match.

Defensive midfielder Wellington got Borussia Dortmund off to a flyer by scoring a powerful close range effort on 2 minutes. Centre-back Raphaël Varane had a moment he will quickly want to forget about in the 4th minute when he contrived to score past his own goalkeeper.

Flamboyant striker Gonzalo Higuaín pulled one back for Real Madrid C.F. after 55 minutes with a well struck effort. Real Madrid C.F. were nearly gifted a goal on 75 minutes through Sven Bender's lapse in concentration but they failed to capitalise on the opportunity presented to them.

With Borussia Dortmund already beginning to celebrate, striker Vaclav Kadlec then scored a tap-in in injury-time to snatch the equaliser for Real Madrid C.F.

R. Madrid win 6 - 2 on aggregate.

Man of the Match: Gonzalo Higuaín (R. Madrid)

SpVgg Greuther Fürth 0 - 3 Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga)

An efficient performance by Borussia Dortmund's players saw them confidently overcome a lacklustre SpVgg Greuther Fürth 3 - 0 at Trolli Arena. A brace from Bernd Jansen helped Dortmund to victory.

Borussia Dortmund finally took the lead when tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen scored a real poacher's effort on 52 minutes. Flamboyant winger Mario Götze doubled Borussia Dortmund's lead with a well timed close range finish on 75 minutes.

There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout on 92 minutes as that man Jansen popped up again with a real poacher's effort.

Media-shy manager Andrew Bell joined Borussia Dortmund in June 2017 and has been in charge for 24 months.

Attendance: 13,688

VfB Stuttgart 0 - 3 Borussia Dortmund (DFB-Pokal Final)

Borussia Dortmund enjoyed near total domination over a distinctly average VfB Stuttgart side at Olympiastadion this evening. A brace from Bernd Jansen helped Dortmund to victory.

Borussia Dortmund finally took the lead when tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen scored a placed shot on 41 minutes. Jansen added his 2nd goal of the game with an incisive finish on 55 minutes.

Enthusiastic striker Jakub Fabry completed the rout with a good header from just inside the six-yard box on 86 minutes.

Attendance: 74,244

FINAL TABLE

Well as far as the domestic campaign goes I'm content with the finish we had with the two wins, and the win in the up final happy that at least I'm finishing with a trophy however I'm not happy with the result in the champions league as we were terrible in the First leg and if I'm honest deserved to lose by more we did well in the second leg only for the final to be an all Spanish affair in Turkey. I'm preparing for next season I have three positions I want to strengthen for next year Between the sticks Krul is solid but the Portuguese U21 stopper looks an excellent prospect. i need a new center back and would like a third striker as Pletikosa wants to leave due to lack of first team football.

Dortmund Current Squad

Borussia_Dortmund.png

Goalkeepers

Filipe Sousa - New signing from Sporting Lisbon where he only made 22 appearances, he's a BIG gamble for me at £15m but i feel its worth it for the now Portugal number one goalkeeper but only time will tell.

Tim Krul - Number one goal keeper for a season and a half, has made 50 appearances for us since signing in January 2018 for £2m conceding 37 goals in his time at Dortmund

Defenders

Neven Subotic - My main stay and Capitan of the club will be invaluable again this season as he still puts in performances which outstrip his years will begin my hunt for his replacement this season however.

Jean Ngassam - Brought in for £5.5m this summer from Braga after impressing in the Liga ZON SAGRES will fit in well at centre back.

Neuton - My current first choice Left back after the departure of O'Shaughnessy ill be looking to bring in another couple of full backs however ill be examining my youth team for prospects.

Leandrao - First choice Right back but comfortable at either full back position current First choice right back for Brazil and even fills in at left back for them on occasion

Midfielders

Sven Bender - the German midfielder has been at the club since 2009 and has had plenty of spells in and out of the team however I think his age and his lack of ability to really claim the DMC spot could see him leave this summer

Wellington - the Brazilian has played the lion share of league games in this position over the last few seasons and pretty much lays claim to the spot when I write out the team sheet, stats wise he isn't brilliant but performances wise he is consistently good

Manuel Schmiedebach - Primarily a defensive midfielder he is used alot in the right back spot and he adds a touch more depth to our back line

Christian Eriksen - Do i need to say much more about one of our main centre midfielders signed from Ajax in 2014 for £11m he has become a main player when fit and alongside Gundogan or Gotze he pulls the strings.

Ilkay Gundogan * The 28 year old has been at the club since 2011 and is another one of my "main three" midfielders this guy stays they are the main attacking outlet for the front men in the Dortmund side and id be mad to let any of them go

Mario Gotze - Isn't quite the beast i was expecting however is of sufficient quality to be a main player and one of the few players I class as indispensible just coming into his prime i feel he can get a tad better stats wise but is consistent high 7s low 8s ratings wise.

Jakub Fabry - Signed for £3m last January in the midst of an injury crisis i think he might be moved on in the next month or so.

Oliver Neuendorf - was my main winger when i used a winged formation but since switching to a 4-3-3 has seemed a bit lost, however I'm currently retraining him to be a centre midfielder as he has age on his side, thoughts? should i plough on or sell him?

Kevin Grobkreutz - the thirty year old midfielder lost his place to Neuendorf and I've been trying to move him on but struggling to get any firm offers.

Strikers

Julian Schieber The German number 9 is a big strong target man for my side he generally plays in the middle of my front three setting up other people but works well as a goal scorer too as he bagged 15 last season and 32 the season before.

Leon Berndt - Barely played since signing from Lyon 4 seasons ago for £500k I want to persevere with him but i think his time at Dortmund maybe up very soon

Bastian Reich - Yet to make his full side debut but he's getting closer and closer every passing week thing this season will be his big season

Leonardo Ramirez - Signed for £1m seems to just be unable to settle in Germany offers to take him back to Argentina

Bernd Jansen - another of my main front three as his pace is brilliant in his first full season for us he got 32 goals in 32 appearances in the league and got 43 goals in 49 games overall I've rebuffed bids from all over Europe for this guy.

Ante Pletikosa - I spent £14M on this guy when i took over he has the potential he just doesn't seem able to be consistent enough for the side still young but still has a lot of work to do before he becomes a first XI regular

Marcao - Understudy to Schieber for me has good strength and heading will replace him over the next season or two in my opinion

Remy - Signed for the future at 15 h e wont get much game time but he will be quality

Aymen Samir - Signed from Aachen to bolster the back line after a glowing report from my scout and only cost me £1.1m

Ahmed Cisse - £5m b uy from Furth As the direct replacement for Bender

Heiko Schmitt - Signed for £3m as more options at centre back

PRE SEASON

SC Veendam 1 - 2 Borussia Dortmund (Friendly)

Borussia Dortmund were almost embarrassed by SC Veendam in the Friendly match at Gjaltema-stadion aan de Langeleegte.

Centre-back Jan Otten gave SC Veendam the lead with a fine header from point-blank range in the 19th minute. Winger Kevin Großkreutz then equalised for Borussia Dortmund in the 21st minute with a real poacher's effort.

Goalkeeper Mark Voss showed a sign of things to come though as he nearly gifted Borussia Dortmund a goal on 91 minutes. Borussia Dortmund's winner came through Ante Pletikosa as he seized on Dennis Adelaar's mistake to score a good header from just inside the six-yard box. Pletikosa's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Man of the Match: Dirk König (Dortmund)

Attendance: 6,500

Rot Weiss Ahlen 1 - 1 Borussia Dortmund (Friendly)

Borussia Dortmund were left deeply frustrated by a plucky Rot Weiss Ahlen outfit who withstood a ninety minute barrage to come away from Wersestadion with a 1 - 1 draw.

Tireless midfielder Bernd Jansen got Borussia Dortmund off to a flyer by scoring a deftly executed finish on 10 minutes. Then followed controversy as Borussia Dortmund were denied claims by Jansen for a penalty.

Midfielder Sebastian Loose equalised for Rot Weiss Ahlen after 81 minutes with a fine header from point-blank range. Borussia Dortmund also saw their 88th minute strike questionably chalked off.

Man of the Match: Neuton (Dortmund)

Attendance: 11,027

Sporting CP 0 - 3 Borussia Dortmund (Friendly)

A highly polished performance from the Borussia Dortmund players saw their team run out 3 - 0 winners over Sporting CP at Estádio José Alvalade Século XXI. A brace from Vanílson helped Dortmund to victory.

Enthusiastic centre-back Florian Kühn got Borussia Dortmund off to a flyer by scoring a good header from just inside the six-yard box on 10 minutes. Striker Vanílson doubled Borussia Dortmund's lead with a tap-in on 76 minutes.

It was a superb solo effort and Vanílson looked delighted. There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout on 87 minutes as that man Vanílson popped up again with a real poacher's effort.

Man of the Match: Vanílson (Dortmund)

Attendance: 31,500

Porto 1 - 2 Borussia Dortmund (Friendly)

Borussia Dortmund won a hard fought battle against Porto on a fine summer's evening at Estádio do Dragão.

Things did not get off to a good start for Borussia Dortmund as striker Alfonso Reynoso seized on an error by Julian Schieber to score a fierce shot. Striker Vanílson then equalised for Borussia Dortmund in the 46th minute with a deftly executed finish.

Young striker Timo Lepper then clinched a late winner on 91 minutes with a header. Lepper's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Man of the Match: Ilkay Gündogan (Dortmund)

Attendance: 47,549

Not the Breeze through Pre-Season i expected but the squad has been improved and we move onto the new season and the attempt at replacing Bayern at the top of the Bundesliga table

Archived