5 Injuries in 1 match, players all great condition/match fit

Also, bear in mind that there are more people playing FM than there are managers managing football teams.

Something that may only happen to a real life football team once every few years will happen to some poor sod playing FM at least once every year.

Sometimes you just gotta sit back and give that cleverclogs Murphy some credit.

Yup, happened to me in 2018 World Cup on Brazil. In the quarter and semi-finals, had around 8 injuries, mostly keyplayers... In the final, there was only 2 GKs and a defender in the bench LOL, and a striker playing as a left back... needless to say got destroyed at the final by england.

the only think i can think that would cause injuries to go up with the latest patch is the 'jaded' status working. this may cause injuries to temporarily go up. personally, i'm not having any major problems with injuries. the odd player getting injuried for a week or two. maybe one that gets out for 3months. not bad.

I can't say I have noticed any worse (more) injuries since the patch - quite the contrary; I used to have RVP and Gervinho out with injuries at least half of the season; now they have stayed fit for a whole season, Amazing.

But btw; why should a jaded player be more prone to injury? What is the logic behind that?

Uhm ... you have a small squad, so when you get some players injured, you feel that the game is broken, because you can't cope ... with injuries in a small squad? What's wrong with this picture ...

Come on. When you have a too small squad, you should EXPECT to get in trouble when you get a lot of simultaneous injuries in your squad. This is, along with jadedness occuring from too little rotation, exactly the type of problems you SHOULD have. It's the negatives with having a small squad. It's realistic.

There's definitely more injuries, post patch. I've got a squad of 22 players, two for each position and rotate regularly. I never play anyone below 95% and very rarely play anyone below 100% but I'm still getting regular injuries. A lot more than I used to.

I haven't noticed any significant increase in injuries. I usually have minimum of 2 injured almost always and up to 7 in the worst case. The game generally doesn't let you have more than 7 injured players at once (which I think is unrealistic). If you have 7 or 8 injured players, your other plays won't get injured even if their condition is down to 20%. They still can get injured during matches, but it will only be temporary and they will be right back after match.

There is a problem.

In my first team and reserves, i had 8 strikers. 6 got injured, 1 got suspended and 1 was fine. But 16 years old.

And its not "niggles"... Its torn ham-strings, broken feet and legs!

And what makes it worse is that normally the players stats decrease!!

Well, it's not a problem in any long term games. At least, it wasn't for me. I generally scrap players and replace them over 2 or 3 seasons anyway. And the first thing I look at prior signing players is taking a look at their injury history. It doesn't matter how good they are if their injury proneness is high. I don't want glass cannons.

Uhm ... you have a small squad, so when you get some players injured, you feel that the game is broken, because you can't cope ... with injuries in a small squad? What's wrong with this picture ...

Come on. When you have a too small squad, you should EXPECT to get in trouble when you get a lot of simultaneous injuries in your squad. This is, along with jadedness occuring from too little rotation, exactly the type of problems you SHOULD have. It's the negatives with having a small squad. It's realistic.

I can cope, I've won all 21 league games in the Bundesliga thus far and I'm in the quarter finals of the Champions League. I've had to draft in some U19's to help with the injuries and they've done a magnificent job. Also, I stated RECURRING injuries and not the number of injuries. I even eased my injured players after recovery slowly into the squad giving them a run out in games I was winning etc, and they still get injured again.

There's no need to patronize me either.

I don't seem to be getting any more or less injuries with the current patch then I did eariler.

As for it being realistic - if you roll ten dice all together, it is as likely that you will roll ten sixes, as it is for you to roll any other combination.

Regarding recurring injuries: check out Arsenal right now in the real football world.

I've never had a problem with injuries in any version of the game, playing at every level from Indonesian 2nd Tier to Champions League contender. So much so that I use a mod that increases the variety and frequencies of injuries in my game and still have never had a problem!

It's just bad luck. SI have stated before that they test injury frequencies regularly and compared to real life the rate at which players get injured is actually generous, not the other way around. Certainly my own experience testifies to this. Unless you have statistical evidence to back your claims that injuries occur to often then I'm afraid that I for one won't believe you.

it is bad luck that needs some sort of balance, i can't afford to have 6 or 7 strikers, 10 midfielders and 10 defenders. some of us with weaker teams can't physically buy the quality or get it moved up.

do i have to get a screenshot of my INJ players, i have even had newgens injured and ruined already.

I can cope, I've won all 21 league games in the Bundesliga thus far and I'm in the quarter finals of the Champions League. I've had to draft in some U19's to help with the injuries and they've done a magnificent job. Also, I stated RECURRING injuries and not the number of injuries. I even eased my injured players after recovery slowly into the squad giving them a run out in games I was winning etc, and they still get injured again.

There's no need to patronize me either.

Well, I may have been a little patronising, maybe ... sarcastic, I would call it. But i was mostly reacting to you stating "the game is broken". Well, if a game is broken, it is unplayable. It is not for me, not at all. Neihter have I seen any significant increase in the number of injuries, or recurring injuries; quite the contrary. So - have I got a freak one-off unit of the game then, since it clearly works, and the injury frequency and types seems to be fine? By the way - after installing the latest patch, my running save has now gone 9 seasons. None of these 9 seasons have I seen a ridiculous amount of injuries. If anything, it seems to be a little better than before. Sure I have a few players that are injury prone (playing Arsenal....) - these tend to get injured, and even recurring injuries - but this is fine, it is happening in real life too. My way of dealing with those, is to try to offload them and replace them with more healthy players. Except for players like RVP - injury prone, but immensly valuable when he IS fit.

When you are stating something like it's a fact, you need to have a base for your argumentation. That you, and some others, are seeing more/worse injuries, is not good enough. If the latest patch has made things worse, it would be worse for the vast majority of gamers - and if we take the forum posts as an indicator (what else do we have to go on, really), this is simply not the case. SOME are complainting, but there seems to be equally many saying that it is not so.

The patch MAY have tweaked injuries a little - I don't know. And if so; in which direction, I don't know. But if it has, in my opinion it has not done so to a degree that the game has become unplayable, or even noticably different.

Archived