View Poll Results: Are you happy with the content in updates?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think you do a good job.

12 92.31%
  • It's ok... But I'd like to see a bit more.

1 7.69%
  • No, there just isn't enough...

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Striking Sensation - Game Thread

Banned

Summer Update

Israel who were ranked 20th in the World, pulled off an amazing performance at the European Championship 2020 tournament and won in the Final to be crowned champions!

Official World Ranking stats show that Israel have moved from 20th to 2nd after being crowned European Champions!

Lukied Jaziri has gone public to tell everybody that he is currently unhappy at Liverpool. There has been a rift in the dressing room between Lukied and his striking partner Luis Suarez. He feels that it is beyond repair and is currently considering all options available to him.

Gypsum Fantastic has been announced as Wayne Rooney's replacement at Manchester United! It was already speculated in January that they were looking for somebody who could fill Rooney's boots as he gets closer to his retirement age and it appears Gypsum has the quality to do that!

Banned

David Ginsberg will be awarded 150 points in the end of season update for his awards and championship medal. Thomas Weir will also be awarded for his Goalscoring during the tournament, gaining 50 points.

Amateur

Damn it!!! Moridin don't get any breaks at all! Needs to move away from United asap If he wants to move up the table!

Amateur

Stuart Shaw is so bad. Would need great form for the rest of his career to even get top 12/13ish.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by stuart_aberdeen View Post
    Stuart Shaw is so bad. Would need great form for the rest of his career to even get top 12/13ish.
    But he will not finish last. That place is obviously reserved for Moridin!

Amateur

Goal of the tourney, 6 goals in all, team of the tourney, and tourney champ. Now that's awesome.

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Gypsum Fantastic has been announced as Wayne Rooney's replacement at Manchester United! It was already speculated in January that they were looking for somebody who could fill Rooney's boots as he gets closer to his retirement age and it appears Gypsum has the quality to do that!
    Blimey, that's quite a move for Gypsum!

Banned

Mid-Season Update in progress. I've also run it through to the end of the season, which is very interesting and 1 player will be extremely happy

Banned

Striking Sensation Update

This update is on the 29th December rather than 1st Feb as there were no developments in January Transfer Window. I have looked at the World Golden Ball candidates and noticed that we finally have a player up for the award, but it's a strange and confusing one, as Ben Goldsmith has been picked. He is almost definate not to win it though as he is the only one in there anywhere near a 7.00 AVMR and hes actually below with a 6.97 or something along those lines... Very strange if you ask me.

League Tables...

English Premier League
    Serie A
    Portuguese Premier League
    Ligue 1
    German First Division
    Eredivisie
    Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Players...

Thomas Weir
    Stuart Shaw
    Nick Adam
    Makoto Nakamura
    Lukied Jaziri
    Long Tym Toon Tiny
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira
    Jim Bowman
    Jamie Hernandez
    Ignjatije Uljarevic
    Hype Animz
    Gypsum Fantastic
    Geraint Alacarde
    Edoardo Lorenzo
    David Ginsberg
    Davatzis
    Bjorgvin Radebe
    Ben Goldsmith
    Arawn Moridin
    Aidan Lfc

Amateur

Im going to assume i have been injured most of the season, am i right TM?

Amateur

This update is on the 29th December rather than 1st Feb as there were no developments in January Transfer Window. I have looked at the World Golden Ball candidates and noticed that we finally have a player up for the award, but it's a strange and confusing one, as Ben Goldsmith has been picked. He is almost definate not to win it though as he is the only one in there anywhere near a 7.00 AVMR and hes actually below with a 6.97 or something along those lines... Very strange if you ask me.
    I am certainly not complaining!

Part-Timer

Gypsum's in great form for Man Utd, well worth his £165k a week! Shame they sit 8th in the Prem.

Part-Timer

Hey, TM any chance of a screenie of the players that has been assisting the strikers the most at their teams?

Amateur

"I'm a Tunisian, GET ME OUT OF HERE"!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Babaginoosh View Post
    Im going to assume i have been injured most of the season, am i right TM?
    Yeah, a dislocated shoulder to be exact. You were on the sidelines for 2 months.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bjoggi33 View Post
    Hey, TM any chance of a screenie of the players that has been assisting the strikers the most at their teams?
    You mean the other players in the teams your in, that are assisting you?

Banned

Just a few facts and a bit of information...
    • Gypsum Fantastic is a club Legend at Celtic.
    • Gypsum Fantastic's striking partner from Celtic (Aziz Naimi) is on his way to Leverkusen on a free transfer after his contract ran out. Gypsum and Aziz were scoring 60 goals+ per season between them.
    • Stuart Shaw is an Icon at Birmingham City and has spent his entire career with the club so far.
    • Hype Animz is a Liverpool Legend, whilst Lukied Jaziri isn't even a favoured personnel.
    • Bjorgvin Radebe is a Legend at Wigan Athletic, but Long Tym Toon Tiny isn't even a favoured personnel.
    • Juan Coco Luis Pereira is suprisingly only a favoured personnel at FC Bayern.
    • Gypsum Fantastic has already become a club favourite at Manchester United, something which Jim Bowman, Jamie Hernandez and Arawn Moridin have failed to do at the club.
    • Ignjatije Uljarevic makes up the 5th Legend at Ranger's, as it appears you have to have done something special to even be considered.
    • Edoardo Lorenzo is currently an Icon at Ajax, whilst he could become the first Legend the club has, if he continues to play for them.
    • David Ginsberg is the past, present and future at Braga, as they have no previous hero/legend, whilst Ginsberg has achieved that feat in the 9 and a half years he's been at the club.
    • Davatzis has joined Luis Figo and Sime Vrsaljko on the list of Legends at Sporting.
    • Despite playing for the club for his entire career, Ben Goldsmith is not even seen as a favoured personnel at Southampton.
    • It is surely only a matter of time untill Aidan Lfc becomes a club favourite at Chelsea.

Amateur

Just a few facts and a bit of information...
    • Davatzis has joined Luis Figo and Sime Vrsaljko on the list of Legends at Sporting.
    Yeah, too bad im always injured : /

Amateur

Wait, does that mean I'm a hero or a legend at Braga? Either way though, still cool to be considered the best player they've ever had.

Part-Timer

Legend at Rangers, I guess I'm gonna be a lifer and time to set sights on Ally's record then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David Corperial View Post
    Wait, does that mean I'm a hero or a legend at Braga? Either way though, still cool to be considered the best player they've ever had.
    Your a Legend at the club.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bergtaur View Post
    Legend at Rangers, I guess I'm gonna be a lifer and time to set sights on Ally's record then.
    Depends if a team comes calling like they did with Gypsum Fantastic.

Amateur

Maybe getting relegated with blackburn will do my goal count some good!

Part-Timer

Legend at Celtic and a fan favourite at Man Utd, Gypsum's a popular lad!

Banned

End Of Season Update

I'm going to add a little extra to this update with images of every team that you play for. This will allow you to look at the stats and see who is providing your strikers. I'm also going to post the table seperate due to being busy today and I may not get the chance to do the table today. I've also posted David Ginsberg's goal from the European Championship!

Just to add, Ben Goldsmith did not win the World Golden Ball as expected. We do however have some players in this update that will be challenging for a spot on the shortlist for sure!

Thomas Weir gains an extra 90 points for this update for last years awards at the European Championship. Weir scooped the Golden Boot award and was part of the Team Of The Tournament.

David Ginsberg gains an extra 150 points for this update for last years awards at the European Championship. Ginsberg scooped a winners medal and scored the best goal of the tournament.

Players...

Thomas Weir
    Stuart Shaw
    Nick Adam
    Makoto Nakamura
    Lukied Jaziri
    Long Tym Toon Tiny
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira
    Jim Bowman
    Jamie Hernandez
    Ignjatije Uljarevic
    Hype Animz
    Gypsum Fantastic
    Geraint Alacarde
    Edoardo Lorenzo
    David Ginsberg
    Davatzis
    Bjorgvin Radebe
    Ben Goldsmith
    Arawn Moridin
    Aidan Lfc

Leagues...

English Premier League
    Serie A
    Ligue 1
    German First Division
    Eredivisie

Club Stats...

AC Milan
    Ajax
    Aston Villa
    Birmingham City
    Blackburn Rovers
    Braga
    Ch
    FC Bayern
    FC Girondins De Bordeaux
    Liverpool
    Manchester City
    Manchester United
    Rangers
    Southampton
    Sporting CP
    Wigan Athletic

League and Cup Medals...

Arawn Moridin, Gypsum Fantastic, Jim Bowman - Manchester United - English Premier League
    Gypsum Fantastic and Jim Bowman - Manchester United - Community Shield
    Aidan Lfc - Chelsea - FA Cup
    Aidan Lfc - Chelsea - League Cup
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira - FC Bayern - German First Division
    Edoardo Lorenzo - Ajax - Eredivisie
    Davatzis - Sporting CP - Portuguese Premier League
    David Ginsberg - Braga - Portuguese League Cup

Personal Awards

Hype Animz - Player Of Month
    Gypsum Fantastic - Player Of Month, Team Of Year, Footballer Of Year, Top Goalscorer
    David Ginsberg - Player Of Month, Team Of Year, Top Goalscorer
    Ignjatije Uljarevic - Player Of Month, Player Of Year, Team Of Year

European Championship Goal Of Tournament

Last edited by Tactic Master; 05-02-2012 at 18:08.

Part-Timer

62 goals between Gypsum and Jim Bowman, quite a partnership! Looks like Gypsum timed his move to Man Utd well, things couldn't have gone much better.

Amateur

Just to add, Ben Goldsmith did not win the World Golden Ball as expected. We do however have some players in this update that will be challenging for a spot on the shortlist for sure!
    Dammit! At least I was the first!

Banned

Striking Sensation Leaderboard
    Position Player Total Points Dom. Goals Int. Goals Dom. Assists Int. Assists Dom. MOM Int. MOM Y. Cards R. Cards Awards
    1. Gypsum Fantastic 2251 288 57 41 8 44 4 50 3 22
    2. Ignjatije Uljarevic 1731 203 28 29 6 48 4 30 2 17
    3. Edoardo Lorenzo 1653 184 30 49 12 62 5 2
    4. Jim Bowman 1543 184 84 20 11 16 12 6
    5. Hype Animz 1527 173 51 48 8 31 11 5 5
    6. Bjorgvin Radebe 1474 198 52 32 10 32 14 10 3 12
    7. Thomas Weir 1395 177 37 19 2 33 10 4 1 4
    8. David Ginsberg 1352 147 39 63 12 31 3 46 4 4
    9. Geraint Alacarde 1309 131 74 14 3 9 9 5 1
    10. Makoto Nakamura 1175 187 50 17 4 36 2 23 2 2
    11. Ben Goldsmith 1063 163 36 8 1 13 2 14 1
    12. Davatzis 1017 163 22 19 1 16 1 16 1 5
    13. Long Tym Toon Tiny 1008 163 43 34 5 20 5 5 1 1
    14. Aidan Lfc 961 171 23 19 16 3 5 7
    15. Juan Coco Luis Pereira 948 126 24 34 6 11 3 7
    16. Nick Adam 688 123 35 8 1 13 10 6 2
    17. Stuart Shaw 546 128 22 13 1 10 4 1 1 2
    18. Jamie Hernandez 451 86 20 5 3 6
    19. Lukied Jaziri 432 92 18 4 1 4 4 26
    20. Arawn Moridin 351 62 7 9 3 2 6

Amateur

Not liking my lack of awards considering the number of MotM I have. But it's balanced by never being carded in my career! Nice.

Banned

Just a little teaser to get you guessing! Someone has been sold by their team, which is considered to be one of the best teams in it's league, to a club in France which is considered to be one of the most consistent teams in it's league, with only one other team, either as good or better. The player in question spent 9 and a half years at the club before moving to France. The fee wasn't very big which is a bit of a shock considering the player in question. Just to give you a little hint, throughout his career, he averages at a goal for every two games! He's also made an instant impact in France, scoring on his debue.
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 06-02-2012 at 10:13.

Amateur

Just a little teaser to get you guessing! Someone has been sold by their team, which is considered to be one of the best teams in it's league, to a club in France which is considered to be one of the most consistent teams in it's league, with only one other team, either as good or better. The player in question spent 9 and a half years at the club before moving to France. The fee wasn't very big which is a bit of a shock considering the player in question. Just to give you a little hint, throughout his career, he averages at a goal for every two games! He's also made an instant impact in France, scoring on his debue.
    Please let it be me..

Edit: I guess not since I didnt spend 9 years at Milan..
    Last edited by larxus; 06-02-2012 at 14:05.

Amateur

Sounds like it could be my striker, interesting times ahead.

Ill also guess the team is Marseille or Lille??

Edit: Scratch Lille, its PSG
    Last edited by Babaginoosh; 06-02-2012 at 15:05.

Amateur

Please let it be Bowman! Please, please please! (Since it's obviously not Moridin)

Amateur

BUt it's not Bowman and Moridin still will not get his break...

Banned

Information & Transfer Update

Geraint Alacarde made a shock move away from AC.Milan in the summer transfer window, after a good season where he scored 19 league goals in 28 games! Paris Saint-Germain were the club who lured Alacarde for a small fee of £11.25mil. Alacarde started his career with Port Vale, but was sold in the January Transfer window that season for £400k to AC.Milan! He spent 9 and a 1/2 seasons at Milan scoring 90 goals in 183 league appearances.

Arawn Moridin has put pen to paper for a 4 year contract, earning £39,000 per week. He has so far been satisfied with his bit-part role at United, third in the pecking order, behind Jim Bowman and Gypsum Fantastic!

Speculation about Nick Adam's future at Girondins Bordeaux has been at an all time high recently, with Nick Adam looking for a bigger club to join.

Jim Bowman, Ben Goldsmith and Aidan Lfc are all part of the shortlist for the World Golden Ball. Aidan Lfc seems to have the edge over Bowman and Goldsmith with his top form at Chelsea.

World Cup 2022 is getting closer now and the Groups have been decided. The following countries are being represented by our players... Greece, Australia, Portugal, Scotland, USA, Tunisia and Wales!

Amateur

Jim Bowman, Ben Goldsmith and Aidan Lfc are all part of the shortlist for the World Golden Ball. Aidan Lfc seems to have the edge over Bowman and Goldsmith with his top form at Chelsea.
    Certainly more surprised with this, this time. Anybody know how I am there? I mean, I was god awful at Southampton last year, compared to the years before!

Banned

Ill have mid-season report up by end of the night guys. Then hopefully tomorrow I can at least do the end of season report and the world cup report. Just to remind people, italy and england didn't qualify.

Amateur

OH!! It IS me.. Didn't know it's been 10 seasons since we started this...

Amateur

Well, it looks like im going to spend my career in portugal

TM, was i injured at all this season???

Banned

Well, it looks like im going to spend my career in portugal

TM, was i injured at all this season???
    Just a 5 day Facial Injury, thats all for this season so far.

Semi Pro

i wish someone would hurry up and buy me and end my hell at Wigan

Banned

I'm going to have the end of season update done in an hour or 2 hopefully. A certain someone may be a lot happier with their players performance this season!

Amateur

Would that be me by any chance? Half way through the season and Moridin has already had his best season yet

Amateur

Ohh please i hope its me, my career has been riddled with injuries.

Banned

Thumbs up

End Of Season Update

Players...

Thomas Weir
    Stuart Shaw
    Nick Adam
    Makoto Nakamura
    Lukied Jaziri
    Long Tym Toon Tiny
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira
    Jim Bowman
    Jamie Hernandez
    Ignjatije Uljarevic
    Hype Animz
    Gypsum Fantastic
    Geraint Alacarde
    Edoardo Lorenzo
    David Ginsberg
    Davatzis
    Bjorgvin Radebe
    Ben Goldsmith
    Arawn Moridin
    Aidan Lfc

League Tables...

English Premier League
    Serie A
    Ligue 1
    German First Division
    Eredivisie

League & Cup Medals

Gypsum Fantastic, Arawn Moridin & Jim Bowman - Manchester United - English Premier League
    Gypsum Fantastic & Arawn Moridin - Manchester United - Community Shield
    Bjorgvin Radebe & Long Tym Toon Tiny - Wigan Athletic - League Cup
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira - FC Bayern - German Super Cup
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira - FC Bayern - Champions League
    Edoardo Lorenzo - Ajax - Dutch Super Cup
    David Ginsberg - Braga - Portuguese League Cup
    Davatzis - Sporting CP - Supertaca
    Geraint Alacarde - Paris Saint-Germain - Europa League

Personal Awards

Gypsum Fantastic - Player Of Month
    David Ginsberg - Player Of Year, Player Of Month, Team Of Year
    Ignjatije Uljarevic - Player Of Month, Team Of Year
    Arawn Moridin - Champions League Dream Team
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira - Champions League Dream Team, Champions League Golden Boot
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 07-02-2012 at 23:26.

Part-Timer

A Comeback win for the league!!

Amateur

Disappointing second half of the season for Moridin with only 4 games and an assist, but I have to be satisfied with his best season to date

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dieu View Post
    Disappointing second half of the season for Moridin with only 4 games and an assist, but I have to be satisfied with his best season to date
    Well I think you've picked up some serious points here, I might be wrong, but I think you might have moved away from bottom spot. I'll have the table up tomorrow!

Amateur

TM, which team is interested in me and how serious?

Banned

I've updated the End Of Season update. Arawn Moridin and Juan Coco Luis Pereira gained some extra points for their performances in the Champions League!

Banned

TM, which team is interested in me and how serious?
    It's just Minor Interest from FC Bayern, I would doubt anything will materialise due to your stance at the club.

Part-Timer

I don't get a call for winning the league?

Amateur

Well I think you've picked up some serious points here, I might be wrong, but I think you might have moved away from bottom spot. I'll have the table up tomorrow!
    Yes I agree. Did not say it was a bad season! Just a bad second half. Had just hoped for more based on the first half of the season. Anyway I am not complaining at all!

Banned

Yes I agree. Did not say it was a bad season! Just a bad second half. Had just hoped for more based on the first half of the season. Anyway I am not complaining at all!
    Its probably because of jim bowman who had a much better second half to the season, but all 3 of you banged in the goals!

Banned

Going to post the World Cup Update before I do the End Of Season table, so that I can add the points gained from the World Cup. I'm also going to post Annual World Rankings and a bit more in-depth on the International stage, because I don't think we focus enough on that. I'm also going to add injury reports to both mid-season and end of season reports, because I know a few of you ask me about it sometime's and it has a major impact on your season at times.

Banned

World Cup 2022

Players & Countries...

Davatzis - Greece
    Portugal - Juan Coco Luis Pereira
    Australia - Nick Adam
    USA - Jim Bowman
    Scotland - Stuart Shaw, Long Tym Toon Tiny & Thomas Weir
    Tunisia - Lukied Jaziri
    Wales - Gypsum Fantastic & Hype Animz

Group A

Kenya 2 - 0 Greece
    Davatzis came on as a sub at half time and was very disappointing for the second half.
    Greece 3 - 0 Qatar (Davatzis)
    Davatzis made up for his shocking display against Kenya, coming on as a sub in the 62nd minute and scoring a goal!
    Colombia 0 - 3 Greece (Davatzis)
    Davatzis started the game today and scored in the 21st minute to help Greece to a comfortable victory, but subbed in the 71st minute. He picked up the Man Of The Match award!

Group C

Paraguay 0 - 0 Portugal
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira wasn't at his best today and Portugal were probably on the same level.
    Serbia 0 - 0 Portugal
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira had another frustrating match and will need to up his game, if Portugal are to cause any threats!

Portugal 2 - 1 Australia (Luis Pereira x2)
    Nick adam suffered a major injury "Strained Knee Ligaments" and was stretchered off in the 66th minute, which is the end of his tournament at such an early stage! Luis Pereira stole the show though, with a fantastic brace and left the stadium as man of the match!

Australia 0 - 0 Serbia
    With Nick Adam injured and out of the tournament, Australia are looking vulnerable!
    Paraguay 1 - 1 Australia
    If Nick Adam hadn't been injured, the last two results may have been different, but Australia are eliminated!

Group F

Brazil 1 - 1 USA (Jim Bowman)
    Bowman had a decent game today and will be very pleased with a draw against Brazil!
    Japan 3 - 1 USA
    Jim Bowman didn't play well today and Japan have sealed the fate of USA as Brazil and Japan secure their place in the next round!

USA 2 - 0 Scotland (Jim Bowman)
    Jim Bowman was truly on form today against a Scotland side that looks to be fading recently!

Scotland 1 - 2 Japan (Long Tym Toon Tiny)
    Scotland were a disgrace today against Japan, with the only Scottish player worth a mention "Long Tym Toon Tiny". He gave Scotland a lifeline, but they didn't take advantage. Thomas weir was a disgrace along with the rest of the team, whilst Stuart Shaw didn't even get off the bench (mistake???).
    Scotland 0 - 3 Brazil
    Just like the USA, Scotland are now eliminated and questions will have to be raised about the performance of Thomas Weir in this competition!

Group G

Costa Rica 0 - 3 Wales (Fantastic & Animz x2)
    Fantastic and Animz were leathel at Euro 2020 and were the same yet again today! Animz picked up the Man Of The Match award, but Fantastic deserves just as much.

Wales 0 - 2 Tunisia
    Lukied Jaziri is hitting all the Tunisian headlines recently with his vintage performances and despite not scoring, he turned provider today and helped to down Wales who have a very strong strike-force! Fantastic and Animz both had bad games and will want to forget this one quick!

Tunisia 3 - 4 Croatia (Lukied Jaziri)
    Croatia are a good side, so Tunisia who have failed in recent times, can be proud of pushing them all the way! Lukied Jaziri hasn't always been the man on the lips in Tunisia, but was fantastic today.
    Costa Rica 1 - 3 Tunisia (Lukied Jaziri x2)
    Jaziri has been Tunisia's main man during this tournament and has just fired them into the second round! Huge moment for Tunisia!

2nd Round...

Greece 2 - 1 Saudi Arabia
    Davatzis has had a decent tournament so far and turned provider today as Greece move into the Quarter Finals!

Morocco 1 - 2 Portugal
    Luis Pereira didn't even make the bench today and their are questions over his current fitness and whether he will feature again. Portugal move forward to the Quarter Finals without him.

Iran 0 - 1 Tunisia
    Tunisia dodge one HELL OF A BULLET today, with Iran missing two penalties and Tunisia move to the Quarter Finals! Jaziri had a good game and will be pleased and thankfull of the final result!

Quarter Finals...

Greece 0 - 1 Serbia
    Davatzis was just as embarrased as several other of his team mates today with an awfull performance, Greece are knocked out of the tournament!

Kenya 0 - 1 Portugal
    Portugal fans will have been pleased to see Luis Pereira back on the pitch after recent speculation, but he didn't really step up today and that could be due to his recent dissapearance from the team. Nevertheless, Portugal are in the Semi-Final!

Brazil 2 - 0 Tunisia
    Tunisia have gone out of the tournament, but will go out with pride after a fantastic run! Lukied Jaziri had his worst performance of the tournament, but wont be too dishartened, as he was the main man throughout!

Semi-Finals...

Portugal 1 - 0 Burkina Faso (Luis Pereira)
    Luis Pereira is back in goalscoring form as he puts Burkina Faso out of the tournament to reach the Final!!!

World Cup Final

Portugal 2 - 1 Brazil
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira will be the happiest man in football today as he holds the World Cup high in the air! He is definately one of the best Strikers in Europe at the moment and holds a Champions League, World Cup medal and his Champions League Golden Boot medal this year! He didn't have the best of times in the tournament, due to major issues with fitness, but only missed one game and was the man who scored to get them to the final.

Awards...

Best Player - Asterios Froussos from Greece took the award, but Juan Coco Luis Pereira followed close by in second place! Unfortunately that doesn't gain him any points.

Dream Team - Juan Coco Luis Pereira was part of the World Cup Dream Team striking partnership, with Japanese starlet Chihiro Moriwaki! This will gain Luis Pereira some very nice points and proves that he is one of the best strikers in the World when it comes to the biggest of stages, following his Dream Team place in the Champions League!

Golden Boot - Unfortunately none of you were part of this award, with Chihiro Moriwaki scoring the most, along with Khalid Fellah and Victor Manuel Torres, all scoring 4 goals each in 4 appearances, but Moriwaki stole the award due to his superior Average Rating!

Goal Of The Tournament - We have Gypsum Fantastic who scored the best goal of the tournament, whilst Luis Pereira scored the third best! Those goals can be viewed below...

Last edited by Tactic Master; 08-02-2012 at 16:38.

Amateur

Very happy with Tunisia getting to quarter finals, and to add to that some string performances from Jaziri. Hopefully he can take that form back to merseyside and do well at Liverpool.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bambi holt View Post
    Very happy with Tunisia getting to quarter finals, and to add to that some string performances from Jaziri. Hopefully he can take that form back to merseyside and do well at Liverpool.
    Yeah, he had a really good tournament. I think the main problem for Jaziri is he doesn't like Liverpool. He's never really been happy at Merseyside and constantly complains, but he never comes close to a transfer away for some reason... I think a move away would be perfect for him.

Banned

The Goal Of Tournament goals are now up on the World Cup Update! They are both real top quality goals.

I'm now onto doing the End Of Season Table

Amateur

Brilliant, Juan Coco Luis Pereira is a World Cup winner!

Had such a slow start to my career, but now reaping all the rewards.

Great signup, loving this!

Amateur

Seriously I wish real life could be like FM sometimes. No Italy or England and Burkina Faso reaching the Semi-Finals?

Part-Timer

Shame Wales couldn't have done a bit better, but I can't argue with the Goal of the tournament! Nice one-two with Animz!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRiot View Post
    Brilliant, Juan Coco Luis Pereira is a World Cup winner!

Had such a slow start to my career, but now reaping all the rewards.

Great signup, loving this!
    I'm just working out the points for the table at the moment and as it stands, for this season you've gained a bonus of 335 points! That's on top of any points for the usual "Goals, Assists etc..."

That should put you in a very good position.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ejldude View Post
    Seriously I wish real life could be like FM sometimes. No Italy or England and Burkina Faso reaching the Semi-Finals?
    If you think thats strange, you should see the World Rankings! It's actually insane! The World Rankings update will follow after the Table update.

Banned

I'm going to award Jim Bowman for his performances in the Gold Cup, due to the USA not taking part in the European Championship, unlike most other nations that our players belong to. I think it's only fair as most of you have a chance to gain extra points. The scale of the points will be low for the Gold Cup though and I will be looking at other players, who's Nations are outside the EU and doing the same.

Banned

Striking Sensation Leaderboard Update

There hasn't been much movement for a change this season. The 3 most notable position movements are;

Edoardo Lorenzo moves up to 2nd place after his most amazing season yet in terms of average rating which
    bagged him a bonus 150 points!

Juan Coco Luis Pereira moves into the top 10 in 9th place! He gained a record breaking 442 points after his performances in the Champions League and World Cup!

Arawn Moridin finally lifts off last place and takes up 19th place after his best ever season!

Striking Sensation Leaderboard
    Position Player Total Points Dom. Goals Int. Goals Dom. Assists Int. Assists Dom. MOM Int. MOM Y. Cards R. Cards Awards
    1. Gypsum Fantastic 2499 313 61 42 10 45 6 56 4 24
    2. Edoardo Lorenzo 1943 209 30 60 13 72 5 2
    3. Ignjatije Uljarevic 1875 224 28 34 7 56 4 34 3 19
    4. Jim Bowman 1736 207 89 22 11 17 13 7
    5. Hype Animz 1699 191 59 55 11 36 15 6 5
    6. Bjorgvin Radebe 1639 219 58 38 11 37 16 11 3 12
    7. David Ginsberg 1630 174 46 75 14 38 5 47 4 7
    8. Thomas Weir 1517 195 44 19 3 34 12 4 1 4
    9. Juan Coco Luis Pereira 1414 196 26 26 1 19 3 7 10
    10. Geraint Alacarde 1486 156 78 21 3 14 10 6 1
    11. Makoto Nakamura 1267 207 52 19 4 38 2 29 2 2
    12. Davatzis 1149 190 24 19 1 17 1 17 1 5
    13. Long Tym Toon Tiny 1136 180 47 37 6 22 6 5 1 1
    14. Ben Goldsmith 1115 179 40 8 2 14 2 15 1
    15. Aidan Lfc 1032 190 25 20 1 16 4 5 7
    16. Nick Adam 716 133 38 9 1 14 10 7 2
    17. Stuart Shaw 673 138 25 14 2 11 4 1 1 2
    18. Jamie Hernandez 523 100 28 6 3 8 1
    19. Arawn Moridin 511 83 8 11 4 3 8 1
    20. Lukied Jaziri 490 102 24 4 1 4 4 28

Amateur

Oh dear, the inevitable has happened! Jaziri is bottom!!!

Banned

World Rankings & International Update

Top 10 World Rankings

• 1st - Burkina Faso
    • 2nd - Portugal
    • 3rd - Brazil
    • 4th - Serbia
    • 5th - Spain
    • 6th - Turkey
    • 7th - Croatia
    • 8th - Mexico
    • 9th - Cyprus
    • 10th - United States
    I have to admit, I'm not the best when it comes to Geography! I've never even heard of Burkina Faso... They do have some good players though at the moment!

Players & Their Nations Rank
    • Aidan Lfc & Ben Goldsmith - England - Rank 58th
    • Arawn Moridin - Norway - Rank 70th
    • Bjorgvin Radebe - Iceland - Rank 62nd
    • Davatzis - Greece - Rank 22nd
    • David Ginsberg - Israel - Rank 11th
    • Edoardo Lorenzo - Italy - Rank 13th
    • Geraint Alacarde - Singapore - Rank 157th
    • Gypsum Fantastic & Hype Animz - Wales - Rank 46th
    • Ignjatije Uljarevic - Montenegro - Rank 100th
    • Jamie Hernandez - Republic Of Ireland - Rank 106th
    • Jim Bowman - United States - Rank 10th
    • Juan Coco Luis Pereira - Portugal - Rank 2nd
    • Long Tym Toon Tiny & Stuart Shaw & Thomas Weir - Scotland - Rank 30th
    • Lukied Jaziri - Tunisia - Rank 17th
    • Makoto Nakamura - Egypt - Rank 43rd
    • Nick Adam - Australia - 53rd

Amateur

Wait, does Israel actually have a quality squad besides for my dominant player?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David Corperial View Post
    Wait, does Israel actually have a quality squad besides for my dominant player?
    Tamir Amsalem
    Oshri Balestra
    Kfir Benitah
    Guy Ben-Ami

I think those 4 players answer the question

Amateur

Yeah, those guys are all pretty good complements.

Part-Timer

Thats an interesting top 10 even Cyprus has improved radically

Part-Timer

That's the craziest international top 10 i've ever seen on FM.

Banned

Mid-Season update coming soon, no transfer news, but will be adding injury information.

Banned

Mid-Season Report

Injury List...
    • Thomas Weir - A Gashed Head (6 Days) & A Dead Leg (2 Days)
    • Stuart Shaw - Nothing
    • Nick Adam - Strained Knee Ligaments (6 Weeks), A Torn Hamstring (3 Months) & A Damaged Spine (2 Months)
    • Makoto Nakamura - A Dead Leg (3 Days) & Damaged Cruciate Ligaments (7 - 8 Months)
    • Lukied Jaziri - Nothing
    • Long Tym Toon Tiny - A Dead Leg (4 Days)
    • Juan Coco Luis Pereira - Nothing
    • Jim Bowman - Strained Knee Ligaments (3 Weeks), A Sprained Ankle (4 Weeks) & A Broken Cheekbone (4 weeks)
    • Jamie Hernandez - Concussion (6 Days)
    • Ignjatije Uljarevic - Nothing
    • Hype Animz - A Bruised Head (6 Days)
    • Gypsum Fantastic - A Pulled Hamstring (3 Weeks), A Damaged Knee Cap (4 Weeks) & Fractured Ribs (3 - 5 Weeks)
    • Geraint Alacarde - A Pulled Hamstring (3 Weeks) & A Fractured Jaw (4 Weeks)
    • Edoardo Lorenzo - A Damaged Heel (7 Days) & A Bruised Shin (6 Days)
    • David Ginsberg - A Sprained Ankle (5 Weeks)
    • Davatzis - A Pulled Hamstring (3 Weeks), A Dead Leg (3 Days) & A Sprained Ankle (4 - 5 Weeks)
    • Bjorgvin Radebe - A Chest Injury (2 Weeks) & A Lower Back Stress Fracture (7 Weeks)
    • Ben Goldsmith - A Damaged Heel (10 Days) & A Dead Leg (4 Days)
    • Arawn Moridin - Torn Knee Ligaments (2 Months), Fractured Ribs (4 Weeks) & A Damaged Heel (7 Days)
    • Aidan Lfc - A Bruised Rib (5 Days), A Damaged Elbow (11 Days) & A Dead Leg (3 Days)
    League Tables...

English Premier League
    Ligue 1
    German First Division
    Eredivisie

Players...

Thomas Weir
    Stuart Shaw
    Nick Adam
    Makoto Nakamura
    Lukied Jaziri
    Long Tym Toon Tiny
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira
    Jim Bowman
    Jamie Hernandez
    Ignjatije Uljarevic
    Hype Animz
    Gypsum Fantastic
    Geraint Alacarde
    Edoardo Lorenzo
    David Ginsberg
    Davatzis
    Bjorgvin Radebe
    Ben Goldsmith
    Arawn Moridin
    Aidan Lfc

Amateur

Interesting how I'm so clinical for Bayern yet not so much for Portugal. Must be playing with some worldy players at Bayern who just lay on all the goals for me.

Amateur

Its so frustrating to see that the only thing stopping my striker from reaching his full potential are injuries. He is always down at least 2 to 3 months every season with the exception of like 2.

This really sucks :mad:

Semi Pro

Still can't get away from Wigan arhhh

Banned

I feel sorry for Makoto Nakamura who's season has already ended!

Amateur

Moridin has been out with injury for three months and 1 week and still has manged 9 goals and 1 assist in 9(+8) games. Thats pretty damn good!

Banned

Moridin has been out with injury for three months and 1 week and still has manged 9 goals and 1 assist in 9(+8) games. Thats pretty damn good!
    All 3 of you have been hit with major injuries and it's affecting Man Utd.

Amateur

Nick Adam - Strained Knee Ligaments (6 Weeks), A Torn Hamstring (3 Months) & A Damaged Spine (2 Months)
    Did he get run over by a bus or something?

Part-Timer

Not such a good season for Radebe

Amateur

This is certainly a better season, very few injuries and some more goals.

Part-Timer

Not checked this in a while, I've sort-of stagnated and become average now, and have no chance with that massive injury

Banned

I'm hopefully going to have some sort of update done for you guys today, but i've been really ill today, so bare with me.

Banned

Thumbs up

End Of Season Update

The main talking point for this season is definately injuries! Makoto Nakamura damaged cruciate ligaments, whilst Gypsum Fantastic picked up a torn calf muscle late on in the season. Hype Animz has picked up a horror injury against AC Milan in the Europa League Semi-Final, breaking his leg and will be out for up to another 5 months! Speculation was ripe concerning Hype Animz and a potential move away, but all that speculation is now out of the window and he will only hope he can come back from this injury and get back to his best!

Manchester United were the team to watch this season after last season where they won the Premier League. Gypsum Fantastic, Jim Bowman and Arawn Moridin were amazing last season, it just didn't matter which of them made up the 2 upfront. This season was slightly disappointing in regards to those three players, with injuries plaguing all three and the arrival of Juan Jose Orozco who was a suprisingly cheap, but extremely talented player and he was the first striker on the sheet for every game, whilst keeping fit throughout the season.

The other team to watch was FC Bayern, with Luis Pereira who is arguably one of the best strikers around at the moment and his striking partner Ganso, with both destroying the defence of most teams in the league! They won the League, whilst winning the Club World Championship, but were beaten by Paris Saint-Germain in the European Super Cup and didn't perform half aswell in European games. Probably a bit of a mixed season for Luis Pereira.

League Tables...

English Premier League
    Ligue 1
    German First Division
    Eredivisie

Players...

Thomas Weir
    Stuart Shaw
    Nick Adam
    Makoto Nakamura
    Lukied Jaziri
    Long Tym Toon Tiny
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira
    Jim Bowman
    Jamie Hernandez
    Ignjatije Uljarevic
    Hype Animz
    Gypsum Fantastic
    Geraint Alacarde
    Edoardo Lorenzo
    David Ginsberg
    Davatzis
    Bjorgvin Radebe
    Ben Goldsmith
    Arawn Moridin
    Aidan Lfc

League & Cup Medals

Aidan Lfc - Chelsea - Premier League
    Arawn Moridin, Gypsum Fantastic & Jim Bowman - Manchester United - FA Cup
    Arawn Moridin & Jim Bowman - Manchester United - League Cup
    Gypsum Fantastic - Manchester United - Community Shield
    Geraint Alacarde - Paris Saint-Germain - Ligue 1
    Geraint Alacarde - Paris Saint-Germain - European Super Cup
    Juan Coco Luis Pereira - FC Bayern - German First Division
    Davatzis - Sporting - Taca De Portugal
    Davatzis - Sporting - Europa League
    Ignjatije Uljarevic - Rangers - Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Personal Awards

Ignjatije Uljarevic - Player Of Month x2, Player Of Year, Team Of Year

Amateur

Clearly was not happy with Ajax's final league position. Who is interested in me?

Banned

Clearly was not happy with Ajax's final league position. Who is interested in me?
    Liverpool have serious interest in you at the moment, but whether they will go ahead with an offer or not is another matter.

Amateur

Hah! I'd rather be miserable in Holland. Hopefully someone else will come in and make an offer for me.

Amateur

How did Blackburn qualify for the EC? was it FA Cup final or?

Part-Timer

Had to have been the player of that update, still raking in awards.

Part-Timer

Looks like Gypsum tore his calf muscle at a good time really, should be ready for the start of next season. Not a bad season considering.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jamie. View Post
    How did Blackburn qualify for the EC? was it FA Cup final or?
    Yes, a 3 -1 loss to Man Utd in the FA Cup final.

Banned

Breaking News

Edoardo Lorenzo has finally secured a transfer away from Ajax after season's of speculation! Edoardo is and forever will be a legend at Ajax, but Liverpool will think themselves very lucky to have secured the £20.5mil transfer of one of the biggest talents in World football!

Edoardo's Club History & Stats

Edoardo Lorenzo made a name for himself as a youngster at Cardiff City, spending two full seasons at the club and is well known for his 15 goal haul in his second season. With such a good start to his career, Ajax soon had taken notice and in 2013, decided to splash £8.5mil on Edoardo in the hope that they could turn him into a star.

After securing the move to Ajax, some people would have been disappointed to see him only play 15 league games and scoring only 6 goals, but with the following 9 seasons, all will definately have been forgotten! In recent seasons he has been noticed for his amazing and consistent performances and has been compared to Francesco Totti and Del Pierro. He is the current All-Time Goalscorer for Italy and will be chasing the Appearance record for sure!

All Time League Record

League Appearances: 335
    League Goals: 196
    League Assists: 67
    League Man Of Match's: 66
    League Average Rating: 7.57

Last season Edoardo Lorenzo scored 32 goals, 12 assists and 12 Man Of Match's with an average rating of 8.03! Ajax is considered a small club compared to a lot of clubs in Europe, so all the focus will now be on whether Edoardo Lorenzo was at a small club playing a big part, or whether that is not true and he is going to be at a big club and be a big player. If that is the case, it will definately benefit Lukied Jaziri and Hype Animz, because along with Edoardo's ability to score, he is a big creative player and Hype Animz especially will be looking to up his own game through that.

In other news...

Arawn Moridin has signed a new contract, earning £43k per week at United and will be looking to up his game this season through the confidence being shown by the United Manager! Moridin has actually been an un-sung hero at United, in the shadow of Gypsum Fantastic and Jim Bowman. Even though he doesn't start as many games, he's been a consistent performer in the past 2 seasons and helped them win the FA Cup final against Blackburn with a goal.

Amateur

Breaking News

Ajax is considered a small club compared to a lot of clubs in Europe, so all the focus will now be on whether Edoardo Lorenzo was at a small club playing a big part, or whether that is not true and he is going to be at a big club and be a big player.
    ... But I went to Liverpool.

Banned

... But I went to Liverpool.
    I know how you feel, but you can't argue with their history and even though they've had a difficult time in recent seasons, I think you might be able to fire them up again. It will also be a chance for you to be noticed alongside the best and maybe get World Player Of Year?

Amateur

I hope so. Next sign-up I join though had better have a disliked club option! >=o

Banned

I hope so. Next sign-up I join though had better have a disliked club option! >=o
    Haha! Well i'm already thinking about the next sign-up I will do because the players are now 28 and in another 5 seasons, we could see our first retirement possibly!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast