World class regen turned rubbish turned traitor

2013 i break Fulham's transfer record and sign David Brown for £19mil and he guides them away from relegation nearly single-handly and becoming a cult hero along with me in Fulham folklore. As England manager i call him up and hand him his first cap in which he comes off the bench to score a hatrick and the nation ordain him as king David. I leave Fulham to join Liverpool and i decide to bring my little protege along with me and he costs me a hefty price tag. Things are looking rosy for him and the only way to go from here is up right....wrong unlike at Fulham and England here my team didn't base its play around him and cause of this they were two seasons of utter rubbish before i mercilessly let him leave for Tottenham were his career doesn't pick up much and once again his looking for a way out and In either utter desperation for a striker or just to spite me Manchester united come beckoning and scoop him up and imagine my anger at this show of betrayal as i was the one who got him out of league two football and announced him on the international football scene and to thank me he joins my biggest rivals.....it was a sad day for basic football ethics and one of football's biggest traitors was born.

I like stories like this, keep us updated on how he does at Man United. He probably feels you betrayed him by selling to Spurs and now wants revenge, unless he wanted to go to Spurs?

I agree with AB, stories like this are what maks this the game we all enjoy

he guides them away from relegation nearly single-handly and becoming a cult hero
he costs me a hefty price tag to join Liverpool
unlike at Fulham and England here my team didn't base its play around him and cause of this they were two seasons of utter rubbish before i mercilessly let him leave

Hmm, where have I heard this story before? ;)

i have checked his stats at Manchester united and i'm happy to announce that he has only scored 9 goals in over two years. how they must regret signing him now.

The bigger question is did you pay £19 million for a league two player?

The bigger question is did you pay £19 million for a league two player?

I made a mistake yes not my finest hour i admit but we all learn from our mistakes and most of the money was from add ons eg. Monthly installments , per league appeasence etc

Lets see...

You get a guy for Fullham, where he plays great.

Then you drag him along to Liverpool, which completely ruins his career, dump him after two seasons and get mad at him when he joins your rivals later?!

I'd say you're the traitor for ruining his career :lol: Not to mention unlike a certain 60mil transfer, it doesn't seem like he ever had any real connection with Liverpool, he'd be more off a traitor if he went and signed for Fullhams worst rivals (sorry for not having a clue who exactly that is) since there he's actually a hero.

Archived