The Welsh Barcelona: Carmarthen Town

JackJCFC

In what is my first Career on this forum i have decided to go to Carmarthen in Wales where I spent around 40 seasons on FM11 as part of the "mission impossible in Wales" challenge, leading them to become a decent and consistant european team in what was probably the best save i've ever played.

With this save i want to win the champions league whilst developing youngsters as best as possible and hopefully having a team where the majority are club grown. I'd also like to manage Wales at some point and attempt to win a major competition, although that is quite unlikely.

League loaded: England (BSN/BSS), Wales (Premier Division), Scotland (Third Division), Ireland (Second Division), Northern Ireland (Second Division).

I may add some of the bigger european leagues as the reputation of the Welsh league becomes bigger.

Carmarthen Town

Repuation: Regional

Nickname: The Town

Chairman Status: Willing to listen to offers

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: 250k

Stadium: Richmond Park (3000 capacity, 1056 seated)

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Minimal (Rented)

Media Prediction: 7th

I'll do an update soon with some of the team background, best players etc but generally speaking i'll stick to one big update at the end of the season due to the short length of the Welsh season.

Edit: Just noticed i spelt the team name wrong in the title :o

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team History

Team Report

Defence needs improving the most, centre backs in particular. Slight lack of deph in midfield aswell.

Best Player

Assistant rates this guy as the best on the team, clearly nothing special and at 30 he wont be useful for too long.

Team Overview

A few guys with some good potential within the team but in terms of actual ability the team looks a bit dry at the moment. With no reserves or youth to speak of, the transfer market will need to be raided.

Nope, Barca are the Spanish Carmathen. ;)

They will be in a few years :p

The Chairman status is encouraging - a new ambitious chairman would not be the worst thing to start off with! Good luck :)

I'd prefer not to have a new chairman this early, not only does it put my job at risk but it also means that as the club grows (hopefully pretty fast) the level of of investment won't change much unless there is a new takeover.

I've just finished pre season with some mixed results, out of the 6 friendlies i only scored in 3 but managed 15 goals in total with 2 clean sheets and 5 conceded. Midfield still needs improving but the wage budget is proving to be a problem with some of the high earners refusing to budge! :mad:

Just had my first youth intake. I have increased the investment in junior coaching twice so far this season which may be the reason for the good intake, although the fact my team is so poor doesnt help.

Here's a screenshot of my best player who looks to be very good indeed, already the 3rd best CB at the club!!

I'll be posting the progress of the best player from each intake in the challenge forum so you can follow the progress of the player throughout his career wherever that may lead.

Carmarthen 2011/2012

League

Predicted: 7th

Finished: 4th

Well we done much better than was expected at the beginning of the season by the media and myself. We were going strong before the league split after 22 games and found ourselves top of the table having rarely dropped below the top 3. After the split the team became much more inconsistent which led to frequent drops in morale, a result a drop in the table soon followed. We were in with a shout for the title up until the last 2 games, my aim was for top 3 and Europe however that failed to materialise.

However, we managed to claw our way into Europe via the European places playoff, beating Prestatyn and Port Talbot along the way.

On the face of it I’m pleased to have finished in the top half of the table and with some consistency next season I’m confident a real title challenge is possible.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: Lost to Rhyl in the 4th round, 1-0 at home. I thought I could get away with playing a weaker side until the latter stages, clearly I was wrong. Wrexham went on to win it.

Loosemores Cup: Lost on penalties to Aberystwyth in the quarter finals after drawing 1-1. Llanelli went on to win it.

Transfers

I won’t go into detail about every transfer due to the large amount of players I bought in this season, instead I’ll pick out the top 3 players signed this year…

Stuart Thornley CB: My first signing for free from FC Cefn, at 30 he’s not got long left but this season we was a rock at the back, finishing with a 7.07 rating.

Joe Sager GK: Young keeper signed on a free, has great potential and played 33 games this season, keeping 11 clean sheets.

Matt Sheridan LB: 21 year old signed on a free, done really well this season with an average rating of 7.01 and he has the potential to be even better.

Transfers

Finances

Finances are in pretty poor condition, I’m over the wage budget although I’m going to try and change that over the summer. I increased the junior coaching twice to adequate, taking 4k a month out of the finances, I recently tried to decrease this but the board refused. Hopefully some European money will help to dampen the issue. The biggest change financially this year is that we now have a 45k bank loan, taken around mid season due to the poor state the finances were in.

Hopefully next season we can make a profit and with any luck, start to improve the club facilities.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 85th in the world which I believe is better than they were at the start of the game. They obviously failed to qualify for the euros and face Turkey, Croatia, Belgium, Macedonia and Serbia in world cup qualifying, a pretty tough group if you ask me.

The WPL moved up 7 places in the rankings to 168th place. Carmarthen moved up 57 places to 464th in the european club ranking.

Welsh young player of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)

Welsh footballer of the year:Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

WPL Player of the year: Greg Draper (TNS)

WPL Young Player of the year: Lewis Codling (Aberystwyth)

Manager of the year: Terry Boyle (Neath)

Team of the year

Good finish in the league, the improving youth intakes will eventually be worth the early debt and loans, but you should clear that quickly with any money from Europe.

Hopefully you see some silverware next season; though beware giving them high bonuses for winning cups. When managing in Scotland division 2 I won the challenge cup and made a loss as I had the bonus set to high

Good finish in the league, the improving youth intakes will eventually be worth the early debt and loans, but you should clear that quickly with any money from Europe.

Hopefully you see some silverware next season; though beware giving them high bonuses for winning cups. When managing in Scotland division 2 I won the challenge cup and made a loss as I had the bonus set to high

Yeah i'm just setting the league bonus as high at the moment, as it improves the chances of a european finish. Even if the bonus leads to a loss european football should balance that out. The cups aren't a priority but the Welsh cup would be nice as it has a decent cash prize.

I've signed some pretty amazing forwards this year so competition is tough but i'll try to give him as many opportunities as possible, probably as an impact player atm. If his speed was a bit better i'd probably give him more starts.

Carmarthen 2012/2013

League

Predicted: 6th

Finished: 1st

We had a pretty poor start to the season as the team took time to gel, however after a few games the team got into their stride and were virtually unbeatable for around 15 games. As a result we just managed to claim top spot before the league split in two. After the league split we stayed top for pretty much the rest of the season. The title came down to the last day where we played Neath, drawing 1-1 in a close fought match.

Pleased to have won the league and got champions league football, hopefully now the bank balance will start to increase too.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup:Lost to Newport County in the Q final 3-1. I Put a weakened side out due to important fixtures after the match. Newport went on to win it.

Loosemores Cup: Lost 3-0 to Aberystwyth in the Q final, I put a weak side out with no match fitness so it came as no surprise. This was not a priority this season. Neath won it in the end.

Europe

EURO CUP

First Q Round: St.Pat’s (A) 0-3 (H) 2-3. We lost the first leg convincingly. The first half went pretty well with out best chance hitting the post but early in the second half we conceded a penalty. Lack of fitness then played a part as we conceded 2 more goals in the last 10 minutes to all but end a European dream. We gave it a good go in the second leg and found ourselves 2-0 up at half time, however the decision to go all out meant we were weak in defence, conceding 3 goals.

Slightly disappointed to go out straight away but I never really held much hope of getting far, St Pat’s are a far better team than we are and it showed. Nonetheless the 78k we got from Europe definitely helped the bank balance.

Transfers

I won’t go into detail about every transfer due to the large amount of players I bought in this season, instead I’ll pick out the 3 players who had the biggest impact.

Jullien Brellier CM, CDM: old but very good player both mentally and technically. Helped boost the midfield enormously this year. Did get a booking ever other game which was slightly annoying.

Mark Aranyos ST: This guy is far too good for this league and at 23 he can still improve. He notched 33 goals in 30 games although the majority of those were in the first half of the season when he had a goal bonus to aim for, his work rate lets him down a bit.

Kevin Del Pino RB: 23 year old signed on a free and was exceptional in almost every game, added some much needed pace to the team also.

Transfers

Finances

Finances are still struggling quite badly, mostly due to the wages. The money I made in Europe (£67k) did help for a month or so but we soon fell back into the red. At the end of the season we got a new sponsorship deal worth 16k per year, exactly the same as before.

Hopefully next season with champions league football we can improve the bank balance a bit more than this year.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 78thth in the world, up from 84th last year.They are currently bottom of their world cup qualifying group.

No Welsh teams made any progress in Europe unfortunately.

The WPL dropped 26 places in the rankings but remains a 1 star competition. Carmarthen moved up 315 places to 476th in europe which i believe is wrong as we were ranked 464th at the end of the last year. Wales retains the same Euro spots as before, with Welsh teams entering the champions league at the first Q round.

Welsh young player of the year: Adam Matthews (Celtic) (Don’t have enough scouting knowledge for a screenshot)

Welsh footballer of the year: Jack Collison (West Ham)

WPL Player of the year: Nathan Craig (Neath)

WPL Young Player of the year: Nathan Craig (Neath)

Manager of the year: Me

Team of the year

Do the Anglo-Welsh teams in the Welsh Cup remain the same regardless of level they're in? I'd hate to see a Premiership Newport County still winning...

I dont't think so, Wrexham won it on the season before and when i checked they hadn't taken part in europe. Not sure what happens to the euro spot, runners up maybe?

Just had my third youth intake, similar kind of story to last year, 4 or 5 players worth keeping a hold of who could make it into the first team in the future. At the moment i've got 4 youth players getting regular game time which is good.

The best prospect this year is another striker, i like the look of him, hes got great pace for the league i'm in and his finishing is already pretty good. He's 1 1/2 stars already and he has the potential to far exceed my best striker.

Carmarthen 2012/2013

League

Predicted: 3rd

The league was much easier this season and we had built up an 11 point lead by the time the league split after 22 games. We coasted through the second part of the season, winning the league with a game to spare.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: Went for it this year and won it, beating Bangor 3-1 in the final.

Loosemores Cup: Lost 2-1 against Bala in the Q final, I played a weak team once again but performed well, conceding in the 93rd minute when we were down to 9 men.

Europe

Champions league

Second Qualifying round: CSKA Sofia (H) 3-2 (A) 0-1. The first leg was very even with good chances for both sides, fortunately we managed to come away with our first win in europe, the only negative being the away goals. We fought hard in the second leg but didn’t take out chances, unfortunately Sofia did which meant we lost on away goals. Winning a total of 304k in prizemoney.

Transfers

Nacer Kherbache CB: 20 year old centre back signed on a free, injured when he arrived but he is by far the best defender in the team. Done well for his first season.

Mirko Maric ST: Fast 17 year old striker signed on a free, he has great potential and done well this season, getting 10 goals in 25 games.

Renato Lisjak LB: young left back, not needed. Released and retired.

Pedro CB/LB: young Brazilian signed for 10k paid for over 4 years. Couldn’t see all his stats but he looked really good from what I could see. I was wrong, he wasn’t that great although he has the potential to be. Made a lot of bench apps and done alright.

Transfers

Finances

The first good season for the finances, ending the season 30k in the black. We mad around 300k from European football, virtually setting us up for the season, with trophy wins adding to the balance once again. The main reason for the high monthly losses are the wages, which at the moment is restricting the amount I can spend on improving the facilities.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 27th in the world, up from 78th which is pretty huge progress. They finished 3rd in world cup qualifying, just missing out on the world cup. Croatia and Turkey are the biggest teams in their euro qualifying group.

The WPL dropped 40 places to 234th in Europe, another bad year. Carmarthen are now ranked 404th in europe, up from 464th.

Welsh young player of the year: Adam Matthews (Celtic) (Don’t have enough scouting knowledge for a screenshot)

Welsh footballer of the year: Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

WPL Player of the year: Jonny Gorman (Llanelli)

WPL Young Player of the year: Jonny Gorman (Llanelli)

Team of the year

Just had my 4th youth intake, its the worst one i've had so far which is disapointing considering im putting 30k a month into junior coaching. The best player is once again a striker who has 4 star potential. I doubt i'll bother with him too much, maybe a loan next year.

Edit: Unbelievable, after 1 reserve game i have one of the youths i signed moaning about not playing first team football despite the first team not even playing since he signed. Got rid straight away, he can go it alone.

Carmarthen 2014/2015

League

Predicted: 1st

The league was similar to last year before the split, it took us a bit longer to take the lead due to European matches taking their toll. When the league did split we had a 5 point lead over Neath who were in a clear second. We won the league with 3 games to go which allowed me to give some of the youngsters more game time to aid their progress. The 2 promoted teams went straight back down.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: Wanted to win it again but we went out to Neath in the semi final, losing 1-0 after extra time. Neath beat Ton Pentre in the final.

Loosemores Cup: Played youth a fringe players until we reached the final where we beat Airbus 6-0. Aranyos won golden boot with 3 goals.

Europe

Champions league

We entered a round earlier than last year due a drop in the rankings.

First Qualifying round: Principat (H) 5-0 (A) 2-0. We were expected to win this round and we got off to a great start, winning 5-0 at home with 4 of the goals coming in the first 30 minutes. Played a few more youngsters in the 2nd leg and managed another comfortable win.

Second Qualifying round: Zestaponi (H) 3-0 (A) 4-5. We were the underdogs but found ourselves dominating the home leg with all three goals coming in the last 15minutes in a deserved victory. In the second leg we found ourselves 4-2 up at half time, however morale plummeted for some reason and we almost found ourselves hanging on to progress.

Third Qualifying round: Rangers (A) 0-2 (H) 1-1. In the first leg we were dominated for most of the match although we did have our chances. We went down to a penalty at the end of the first half and a 2nd goal late in the 2nd half, a good performance nonetheless. The second leg was surprisingly even with Rangers taking an early lead. Defeat looked on the cards until the 90th minute when we equalised, it wasn’t enough to avoid going out but I’m proud that we we gave them a good game and weren’t disgraced.

Once again we earned around 300k in prize money.

Euro Cup

To my surprise we’d dropped down into the Euro cup after losing to Rangers, more European football beckoned.

4th Qualifying round: Rubin (A) 0-1 (H) 2-5. We were the better team in the first half believe it or not and I thought we’d taken the lead early on but it was ruled offside, Rubin scored not long after and it remained so until the end. We took the lead after 2 minutes and it was downhill from there, we were 3-1 down at half time and conceded 2 more in the last 10 minutes. We played nowhere near the standard of the first leg which is disappointing.

We got a further 147k in prize money.

Transfers

Martin Adzic ST, AMC, CM: Young versatile player who is technically very good, played him more at ST than CM and he got 10 goals in 40 matches with 9 assists.

Siaka Coulibaly CM: Young CM signed on a free, tore his calf after 2 games, ruling him out for 6 months. The injury went on to ruin him so I released him on a free.

Alexis Volikis CM: Young centre mid with great technical ability, got 6 goals 9 assists in 21 games.

Maicon GK: we needed a quality keeper so I splashed 20k on this guy from Brazil, done very well for his first season with 19 clean sheets in 39 games. 4 ½ star ability with 5 star potential.

Zakaria Mouffok CM CDM: With my CDM now 33 and leaving at the end of the season I was on the look out for a replacement, when this guy came up for 1k i went for it straight away, he’s already pretty good and has 4 star potential.

Carazinho ST: Signed on a non contract from Brazil, played once before I decided I didn’t need him so released him.

Transfers

Finances

Thanks to over 400k in prize money our finances are in pretty good shape. I improved the Junior Coaching once again so that it is ‘good’, however it is now taking around 30k a month from the balance leading to 50k a month losses, something I’ve tried and failed to reverse. Aside from that nothing has changed and I hope that next years Euro football further boosts the balance.

We have a new kit sponsor worth 16k per year, the same as before but this time only lasting one year instead of 2.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 25th in the world, up front 27th last year. They are currently top of their Euro qualifying group with 12 points from 4 games.

The WPL dropped 10 places to 244th despite by decent performance in Europe.Carmarthen have moved up in the club rankings to 357th position.

Welsh young player of the year: Emry Huws (Aberystwyth)

Welsh footballer of the year: Jack Collison (Liverpool)

WPL Player of the year: Mark Aranyos (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Marek Hrcka (Carmarthen)

Team of the year

Carmarthen 2015/2016

League

Predicted: 1st

We took our time to gain the top spot due to European interruptions but we remained unbeaten in the first half of the season, meaning that when the league split we had a 15 point lead. We won the league after 26 games, the earliest so far and would have had an unbeaten league season had we not lost 2-1 on the final day of the season. Newton and Port Talbot were relegated.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: Lost to Newport County in the 3rd round (who are now in league) 1, 3-1. We played them straight after a Euro game which didn’t help. Llanelli won the trophy.

Loosemores Cup: Played youth a fringe players until we reached the final where we lost 1-0 to Neath in what was a very poor performance.

Europe

Champions league

First Qualifying round: Tre Penne (A) 4-1 (H) 6-0. First up we had the team from San marino which proved to be easy enough, winning the away leg 4-1 to all but kill the tie. Played a few youngsters in the 2nd leg and won it convincingly.

Second Qualifying round: Debrecen (A) 5-2 (H) 3-0. we were big underdogs for the first leg but found ourselves 3-2 up at half time. We came out strong in the 2nd half getting 2 more goals and it could have been 3 had we not missed a penalty. We dominated the second leg and went on to get a comfortable victory and progress.

Third Qualifying round: Austria Wien (A) 3-0 (H) 4-0. Once again we went into the first leg as underdogs and once again we pulled victory out of the bag. It was a comfortable win although both teams had chances, worryingly we picked up 7 yellow cards in the match. We continued where we left off in the second leg, beating Wien with ease once again to progress further than we had ever before.

Champions Playoff: Sparta Prague (H) 0-0 (A) 1-1. The first leg was a tough game with both sides having plenty of chances, luckily we didn’t concede an away goal which was an advantage going into the 2nd leg. In the second leg we went a goal down early on and at half time we hadn’t had a shot on target. However midway through the 2nd half we scored a vital away goal which led to a nervy last half an hour. On top of that we went down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes but managed to hold on for a historic victory (on away goals).

We got £6.17 million for reaching the group stages!!

Group Stage

We were the worst seeded team in the competition by a country mile and got drawn with PSG, Porto and Olympiakos. (PSG were the previous years winners.) I’d have liked the group with Barca and Milan but at this stage I’m just happy to be in it. The bookies had us at 5000-1 to win it which sounds about right.

Olympiakos (H): 0-4. It was never going to be easy, we went 1-0 down after 20 minutes from a penalty, collapsed and found ourselves 4-0 down at half time. We were better in the 2nd half but a heavy defeat nonetheless.

Porto (A) 0-3. Once again we had a poor first half in which we conceded all our goals, improved in the 2nd but still no goal.

PSG (H) 2-3. We played really well in this game and went in at half time 1-1. Unfortunately we conceded a late goal which stole a point and some prize money from us.

PSG (A) 0-1. Gutted, we held on for 90 minutes until a 30 yard wonder strike gave PSG the victory.

Olympiakos (A) 4-2. This came out of nowhere, we were 3-0 up with 15 minutes to go when we went down to 10 men, luckily we held on. Another 700k in the bank.

Porto (H) 0-3. Got dominated, the result no surprise. We finished bottom of the group.

Group Table

Transfers

Danilo Salvadore CDM CM: Backup CDM signed on a free, done alright when he played but he lacks any sort of physical presence.

Martin Bumbera RB: Signed on a free as a backup, done alright when he played and has good potential, although with a youth player from my academy coming through his place may be under threat.

Dario Vurdelja GK: Pretty average keeper signed as a backup, rarely played.

Murilo RB LB: full back that can play either side signed for £500, played mostly at left back and proved to be a very good buy despite him not being that amazing.

David Jackson CDM: Signed this guy a few years ago not realising he couldn’t move until he’s 18, he’s capped for Hong Kong and has the potential to be very good but at the moment he’s still pretty average.

Transfers

Finances

We won a total of around £7.4 million in prize money this year with a further 270k from TV money in Europe. With the money that came in from the champions league I was able to upgrade the training facilities costing £3.7million and turn the club professional.

We have a new 1 year kit sponsor worth 16k a year.

Finances

Wales

The national team is ranked 17th in the world, up front 25th last year. They qualified for the Euros but have no yet taken part.

The WPL moved up 69 to 175th in Europe, still 1 star. Carmarthen moved up 493 places to 189th in Europe whilst Wales will have a team in the 2nd Q round of the champions league from next season.

Welsh young player of the year: Colin Jackson (Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)

WPL Player of the year: Sion Spencer (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Marek Hrcka (Carmarthen) 2nd season running.

Manager of the year: Bari Morgan (Haverfordwest)

Team of the year

Just had my next youth intake, theres one or two players worth keeping but nothing that special. This is the best of the lot and has 4 star potential so could become a future first teamer, depending on how fast we develop as a club. Youth Recruitment an facilities need improving to ensure that player intake improves at the same rate the club does.

Carmarthen 2016/2017

League

Predicted: 2nd

It took us a while to take the top spot but by the 22 game league split we had managed to get a 10 point lead over Neath in 2nd having only lost 1 game. We won the league after 28 games after having an impressive defensive and attacking record.

League Table

League Graph

Cups

Welsh Cup: We beat Newport County 1-0 to win the treble.

Loosemores Cup: We beat Aberystwyth 3-2 in the final thanks to 3 goals in the 2nd half.

Europe

Champions league

Second Qualifying round: Banants (A) 3-0 (H) 4-0. The first leg was a straight forward win with 3 good away goals giving us the advantage for the second leg. Goals from Sherwood, Jaguare (2) and Vosikis gave us another win to progress into the next round.

Third Qualifying round: Kobenhavn (H) 1-1 (A) 3-2. The first leg was a tough game and we went 1 down after 30 minutes, luckily we converted a penalty in the 80th minute to ensure we didn’t have too big a disadvantage. The second leg was crazy end to end, we took the lead on the 59th minute but Kobenhavn equalised straight away. We took the lead again on the 71st minute only to concede one ourselves 2 minutes later. However Jaguare managed to get his 2nd goal of the game on the 77th minute to give us victory.

Champions Playoff: Dinamo Tbilisi (A) 0-2 (H) 0-1. We were terrible in the first leg, we conceded after 8 minutes and again after 40 minutes and didn’t have a shot for the first half. The second half wasn’t much better as we still didn’t manage an away goal, disappointing. We went in at half time 0-0 with a decent performance, I went all out as we needed two goals but got caught on the break and lost the game.

We got £1.82 million in prize money which isn’t too bad, still nothing like the group stages though.

Euro Cup

We got 875k for reaching this stage.

Group Stage

We were grouped with Roma, Feyenoord and AA Gent.

Roma (H) 1-2. Roma were on top for the majority of the game as we struggled to get our shots on target. They took the lead late in the first half adding a second early in the second half. We grabbed a consolation goal on the 81st minute, pretty happy that we were not destroyed.

Feyenoord (A) 3-1. It was 0-0 at half time but goals from Kherbache and Larysz (2) secured an impressive victory to give us our first points in Europe this season.

AA Gent (H) 2-1. A second half goal from Larysz and a penalty from Skrzynski were enough to give us the victory with Gent grabbing a goal back in injury time.

AA Gent (A) 1-1. We took the lead through Ghita after 2 minutes but Gent equalised 20 minutes later. Gent were generally on top throughout and I was happy that we escaped with a point.

Roma (A) 3-3. We took the lead after 11 minutes, Roma pulled it back on 26 minutes and scored again on the 38th. We equalised 2 minutes later and went in at half time 2-2. On the 54th minute we took the lead once more only to be denied victory by a 70th minute Roma goal in what was an end to end game.

Feyenoord (H) 2-2. We went 2-0 up in the second half thanks to 2 Sherwood goals. Feyenoord got one back with 15 minutes remaining and another in the 91st minute but we still managed to keep 2nd place.

Group Table

First Knockout round: Trabzonspor (H) 4-1 (A) 0-1. We went 1-0 down after 7 minutes but got one back on the 20th. We took the lead thanks to a penalty on the 37th minute and added a 3rd just before half time from a corner. Aranyos came off the bench in the last 10 minutes to grab us a 4th goal. We rode our luck a bit in the 2nd leg with Trabzonspor having a lot of chances, it took them til the 70th minute to get their goal and we were able to see out the match.

Second Knockout round: Schalke (H) 0-3 (A) 1-5 . It started badly as we conceded after 14 minutes. Schalke dominated throughout and made it 2 on the 57th minute. With 5 minutes left out best midfielder, Vosikis, got sent off before Schalke added a third. In 2nd leg Schalke were too strong, we found ourselves 4-0 down at half time, Schalke added a 5th on the 90th minute before Aranyos got a consolation goal in the 92nd.

Transfers

Martin Skrzynski CAM CM: Young midfielder who done very well getting 8 goals and setting up 14, has the potential to be very good.

Lucio CM: 18 year old signed for 2k, has good passing but not much else. Done alright as a good backup but I doubt he’ll become much more.

Alexandru Ghita CB: 19 year old CB signed for £110k, done very well and has now become a big part of my defence, he also has the potential to be a very good player.

Bartozs Gancarzyk RB CB: 18 year old with great potential signed for 80k. Played mostly as a backup this year but could become my first choice RB next year.7

Paulao GK: Signed this guy for £500 as a backup keeper, he done very well, playing in the league before European matches and kept 9 clean sheets in 15 games.

Henryk Larysz ST AMR: 17 year old signed for £150k, he was an important part of out European run, scoring 23 goals in 34 games in all competitions.

Devlin Predergast ST: 18 year old signed on a free, barely played and got demoted to the reserves, will look to sell this summer.

Jeroen Groenendaal CDM: 20 year old signed on a free, provided good backup in midfield and should develop into a quality player.

Transfers

Finances

We made £3.7million in prize money this season and have around £5million left in the bank.

Junior Coaching is now at excellent level, costing us £60k per month. Overall we made £1.7million profit.

We have a new kit sponsor worth 45k, up from 16k last year that runs until the end of next season.

Finances

Wales

The national team went out of the Euros in the group stage. They are now ranked 34th in the world, a drop from last year. They are 2nd in world cup qualifying after 5 games.

TNS won the Euro cup 1st Q round but went out in the 2nd to AaB.

Neath also won the 1st Q round but went out to Sturm Graz in the 2nd.

Llanelli went out in the 2nd to Volyn.

The WPL moved up 27 places to 148th in Europe, now 1 ½ star competition. Carmarthen moved up from 189th to 113th in europe

Welsh young player of the year: Gari Sherwood (Carmarthen)

Welsh footballer of the year: Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal)

WPL Player of the year: Henryk Larysz (Carmarthen)

WPL Young Player of the year: Colin Jackson (Carmarthen)

Team of the year

Archived