+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transfer bug -automatically puts bid in from other team

Lurker

Default Transfer bug -automatically puts bid in from other team

With certain players when you put a bid in the game puts another bid frm another team. It's usually more and you can't adjust yours meaning you miss out on the player. This happened with defender mbwia and jelavic. The players have no interested clubs or bids soon as you put yours in, a new bid appears from another team.

Sports Interactive Alari Naylor's Avatar

Hi,

Once the AI bid has been accepted and yours rejected, you should still have time to make an improved offer. Are you not finding this to be the case?

Amateur

ive had the same thing........i bid for a player (modric), all of a sudden without continuing madrid have bid more........i bid more the next day, same again, madrid bid more without the day continuing.

It's currently intended that other clubs are able to bid on the same day as the human manager, just as the human manager is able to bid on the same day as an AI club. Bids rarely stay secret in real life - meaning your bid may alert AI clubs that a player may be on the move, while an AI club may also have been monitoring a player but not heavily enough for them to show up as 'interested'.

However, if a situation arose where the human manager was not in a position to put bids in to match/better the AI bids, we would see that as an issue - if you have any examples of this happening do let me know.

Amateur

thats what happens though..........just happened at start of my new season. liverpool make a 2.7 mil bid for xavi, on the same day i make a 3.4 mil bid...as soon as that bid was made liverpool had raised their bid to 3.5, without pressing the continue button, but i now have to wait a day before i can change my bid.

Just to check, you can still put in a higher bid the next day before the player agrees terms with Liverpool?

Amateur

not always, well yes i can put a bid in but sometimes the player will agree with the other club before i get the chance.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stonfiesta5 View Post
    not always, well yes i can put a bid in but sometimes the player will agree with the other club before i get the chance.
    You should find you can put a bid in against them if the player isn't a firm definite for the other team - in a similar manner if you bid on a player and he's intent on joining you (not interested in other options) then the CPU clubs won't get a shot at him either ...

I do try hard to keep things as fair as possible with regards to how the game operates (ie. no bias for or against humans), the reason I allow computer clubs to rebid instantly rather than 'continue' is purely to try and allow as much instant competition near transfer deadline days (if I otherwise enforce the game having to continue to allow them to bid I found in many instances around the deadline days the transfer would pass the deadline and no one would get the player in question - which was far from ideal).

I can revisit this at some point and possible 'continue' but not upgrade the time/date when an active bidding war is going on - would that be preferable to you? (bear in mind this is a quite complicate change so not something I'd be looking at doing straight away, just trying to explain my design decisions and ascertain possible improvements which could be done).

Amateur

that would probably be a better option but if its hassle then i could understand if it didnt get done.

+ Reply to Thread