I had a scout, scouting the U/18's for over 9 years

i had him scout 18yr players and younger with the potential of at least 3.5* in England and in the 9 years he hasn't found even one. now he has a stat of 19 player ability and 19 player potential. is this a bug or what the heck is happening? surely there would be at least one 3.5* rated player come up through the ranks?

davidhigginsnewsinbox.png

If you're one of the best teams in the country, then a scout calling an U18 player as 3.5 stars is basically a declaration that he's found a guaranteed superstar.

They won't rate players above 3* at first, even when their comments say that a player will become a leading player in his division.

You've basically sent him off and told to come back with Messi or not at all.

I think the potential filter will filter out all players who don't have any existing scout reports, ie most youngsters. If you remove it and just look for high potential youngsters in his report it will work.

If you're one of the best teams in the country, then a scout calling an U18 player as 3.5 stars is basically a declaration that he's found a guaranteed superstar.

They won't rate players above 3* at first, even when their comments say that a player will become a leading player in his division.

You've basically sent him off and told to come back with Messi or not at all.

Pretty much this.

I've done the same. I was fed up with scouts asking me to look at hundreds of rubbish players and kids inferior to my academy products, so I set the bar high. In three years he's not found one but I'd rather he takes ten years to uncover one gem than waste my time with players I'm not interested in.

I've done the same. I was fed up with scouts asking me to look at hundreds of rubbish players and kids inferior to my academy products, so I set the bar high. In three years he's not found one but I'd rather he takes ten years to uncover one gem than waste my time with players I'm not interested in.

This.

I did this with my arsenal save. Although had them scouting all over the world per region basis.

I found a little gem playing in the German leagues. So I bought him. He was 18 and cost me €30m.

The fans went MAD saying that it was a waste of money.

However 10 seasons later when I was bored of that save I started a new game. I loaded the Arsenal game into FM Scout and checked out my team.

I had signed all the best players in the game. And the 18 year old was the new "Messi" actually better than Messi.

Did it all from my scout reports at first.

It was dead easy to set the scouts to find players of 3.5 stars or more. And then scout them thoroughly. Then sign them.

Seriously the game is so easy.

Archived