+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with save file transfer

Amateur

Angry Problem with save file transfer

Hey I'm looking to transfer my save on my mac to a more powerful desktop computer, but the problem is that I cannot find any fm12 folder in the sports interactive folder. I type my saves name, 'Tottenham save' into finder and it does appear, but with the fm 2008 demo icon beside it (?) and when I click on it it launches the fm 2008 demo and the message 'The save game could not be loaded' appears. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: If i upload this file to fileshare, will it still work on the other computer?
    Last edited by zagaluke; 08-01-2012 at 23:19.

Did you manage to fix this? I have the same issue...

Quote Originally Posted by zagaluke View Post
    Hey I'm looking to transfer my save on my mac to a more powerful desktop computer, but the problem is that I cannot find any fm12 folder in the sports interactive folder. I type my saves name Play Galaga Online - PlayGalaga.com, 'Tottenham save' into finder and it does appear, but with the fm 2008 demo icon beside it (?) and when I click on it it launches the fm 2008 demo and the message 'The save game could not be loaded' appears. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: If i upload this file to fileshare, will it still work on the other computer?
    Last edited by Terrance88; 29-05-2014 at 20:46.

Reserves

saves arent saved in the directory for sports interactive

they are saved in documents.. or are in the pc version anyway... but basically.. save games are saved in the user documents folder.... not the game directory

What welshace has said is correct, although if the save is on the computer in the game you can load it from anywhere (just navigate to the correct place when going to 'load game'.

Also the folder itself won't be generated itself until the user starts the game for the first time on a new system.

Amateur

Go to finder, click on the user name, then Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager, games, and it'll be there.

+ Reply to Thread