I'd like to introduce myself.

Hello fellow FM lovers,

I'd basically just like to introduce myself on here as I like to do with every community that I join, my name is Joe Turner and I'm from Blackpool. I support Blackpool and was gutted to see them get relegated back to The Championship last season. Then again, who wasn't?

I have been on these forums before, a few years back but was a little bit of a teenage idiot. You know the type. I've had a good few months off Football Manager now and I'm ready to get back into it after getting a new MacBook. I was a BETA tester for 2010 and 2011 so you could say that too much of the game was the reason for falling out love with it.

I'm 17 and I'm a programmer for a travel company. If you'd like to follow me on Twitter (@ItsJoeTurner) and just let me know your from this forum then I think this would help the whole 'getting to know the regulars' process. I'm currently in the middle of installing the game and then plan to start a game with Blackpool, as usual.

I was wondering what league's people usually start with? I'm into my scouting and I like looking into all sorts of countries and finding a real gem of a player and training him to play the way I want him to play.. I usually begin with Brazil, Argentina, Chilli, Spain, Holland along with the default choices and a large database.

Looking forward to meeting the community,

Joe

Decided to include Mexico and ended up signing Jackson Martìnez from Jaguares for a pretty decent fee in pre-season. I was also wondering if anyone played through Steam? I have no contacts/friends on there, if you use steam a lot and to it's full potential; my username is 'ItsJoeTurner'.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to the months ahead.

Apologies for the shock @Bradley21, just trying to get to know some users this time instead of just posting as an individual as and when I please. That's what a forums all about at the end of the day.

No, a forum's all about posting as an individual as and when you please.

So, if you're not an individual, what are you - the Borg?

But, and correct me if I'm wrong, it's also about knowing who's who within the forum and making some new friends that share the same interest that is; Football Manager. That's all I'm here to do, it's much better than playing the game on your own and then coming on here to moan and cry when the computer scores against you in the 93rd minute.

No, I'm not the Borg.

• 6 months later...

Pleased to say that six months down the line I'm still playing with the same saved game, I just haven't come onto the forums half as much as I would have liked to. This is probably because I've been either programming or playing FM too much, and other various things...

My save is going well. I'm still in charge of Blackpool and I'm actually a little bit of a 'legend' there. I have won The Premier League 4 times and the FA Cup 4 times and the Carling Cup 5 times in a row... The Champions League has also been mine, twice. I've also taken the England job and guided them to a Euro and World Cup win in my first attempts. I'm really tempted to leave and drop down a few divisions, it's not really a challenge anymore. I'm in 2019/2020.

It's been a brilliant journey and I'd be willing to share the save with anyone who wants it, the team I have assembled is unstoppable! Carlos Fierro, Mario Gotze and Sergio Aguero as a front three seems to be working well... With a young Robert McCreesh coming through. He's "The Next Michael Owen".

Archived