Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

As it says in the title, Mr Hough Rolls back the years this is a 4-1-2-3 formation with much of the emphasis based on my incredibly successful FM10 Tactics.

Now with that being said this tactic is very different - My FM10 tactics where very much about overloading the box and scoring goals from any angle and any person, This tactic is all about the strikers, The middle striker to be precise, You ST is without a doubt the main goal source in this tactic - The left and right strikers will chip in but it will mainly be the Middle ST.

I must stress that this tactic isn't as dominating as my previous tactics with standard squads. However if you have the 'Right' Players i can see it becoming great once it gets going.

I really like the way the midfield play regards to tracking back and also attacking - The midfielders will support the strikers and it's all about 1 touch football, Now I'm not saying Barcelona tica-taka but it is very similar style and very nice to watch.

The way the midfielders defend is very good too chasing the and putting in tackles and trying to win the ball high up the pitch so we can counter attack quickly and effectively.

I have tried to get the defence working as a unit rather than individuals, This can be risky against the fast paced opposition but i haven't encountered that as of yet thankfully.

I have had some trouble in my Testing With Everton, I won't say everything has gone plain sailing because it hasn't. The trouble i have had is regarding some Team Talks i think. I seem to dominate teams around and below me but struggle against the bigger teams in the league, This isn't all the time though it's only when my team talks are out, I think alot of Empahsis has been put on Team Talks by SI this year. I haven't been using any form of team talks so i can't recommend any. My assistant Manager has been in sole Charge of them.

In My Huddersfield Test i have found No Problems at all beating teams at will and no one really being able to stop me.

In My Man City Test I have dominated the league and won all of my 12 games played

A Lot of the opposition attacks come from long balls down the wings so try and make sure that the entire back 4 have good pace and positioning and anticipation attributes

This tactic certainly isn't possession based i have averaged around 40% possession in most of my games but i think that as long as you win and win comfortably possession is a needless stat.

The midfielders do get forward quite a bit do I'd suggest having them having good creativity and finishing to try and chip with the goals a little bit

I am very confident in this tactic and i can't see there being to many problems regarding defence or attack.

Match Prep has been set to Attacking Movement with the Workload being High - You can change this however i prefer it to be attacking.

Maximum Pitch Size.

Team Talks as i have highlighted are a sticky point - Use whatever you feel work the best for you.

Training again same as team talks USe the best that you have found for you.

No Opposition Instructions.

if you get a man sent off take off one of the outer strikers to replace him

If you have problems with yellow and red cards reduce the tackling of the Midfielders.

Remember that al tactics need a period of 3-4 games for the players to gel, This one is no different, I would suggest about 10 games for a proper evaluation of the tactic.

Screens.

MrHoughRollsBackTheYearsTactic.jpg

Huddersfield21games.jpg

EvertonTable28games.jpg

Tactic Link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/85q856f5p7lgfe1/Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12 (Man City, Oct 2011).tac

Remember Good Or Bad Experiances i wanna know.

Thanks for the Support.

Mr Hough.

This tactic is meant to be a 3 striker tactic so don't change the formation hoping a few tweaks will improve it.

***************************************************************************************

28th Febuary 2012

Slight update on the 4-1-2-3 tactic. I had a theory about how defenders seem to defend better with a more aggressive defensive outlook so that is all that this is, The same tactic as above with a few tweaks.

This is the best tactic i feel overall in defence and attack.

I gotta mention Crag Swfc as well for the Brilliant Striker tweak which i use in this tactic. Crag recommends that you Tick Target man and Select a Target Man, I DO NOT do this and it hasn't had any effect on my team, It is Entirely up to YOU if you wanna do this or not.

Same instructions as ABOVE.

Enjoy the tactic.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xacub65c6rq1pr5

***********************************************************************************************

Here is my 4-1-1-2-2 Formation tactic.

I won't bore you with all the details simply because i get sick of writing them out all the time lol

Match Prep has been set to Either Defensive Positioning or Team Work with the Workload being High.

Maximum Pitch Size.

Team Talks as i have highlighted are a sticky point - Use whatever you feel work the best for you.

Training again same as team talks USe the best that you have found for you.

No Opposition Instructions.

If you have a man Sent off use a ST to replace him.

In Hard away games i have found that moving the Wingers down into the ML MR position just to add abit more stability to the tactic.

Remember that al tactics need a period of 3-4 games for the players to gel, This one is no different, I would suggest about 10 games for a proper evaluation of the tactic.

This is my last tactic for this Patch, Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?phobaw1b4a0020b

Thanks for all the support and Appreciation you guys show me, Some of the messages i get regarding my tactics is really nice Thankyou.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. I may give this a try. Out of interest what midfielders would you suggest using. Is there a good combination to have

You could use a combination of midfielders really, As Everton i used Fellini and Cahill - As Man City i Used Toure and Nasri/Silva and both combinations work really well.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's where the traffic is. Can somebody please tell me how I assign a player to be playmaker? Can't find it on FM12. I have set team instructions to have a playmaker, but cannot see how to assign the actual player - thanks.

P.S - Big up for The Hough for coming up with another tactci for us all :-)

One final question I have, otherwise it's clear.

CBs, do they have to be fast or can I get by easily with someone like Terry or Lugano?

BTW to everyone using this tactic, out of your 3 strikers have the one with highest Heading play at STC.

One final question I have, otherwise it's clear.

CBs, do they have to be fast or can I get by easily with someone like Terry or Lugano?

BTW to everyone using this tactic, out of your 3 strikers have the one with highest Heading play at STC.

Yeah you could use Terry in defence, It is very important to have Fast Fullbacks though

hey Mr Hough, just a question about play down flanks did you mean it? and i shall be giving u feedback soon

Yeah i meant to do that i did play around with Through the middle but it was very crowded and hard to convert chances, Playing down the flanks provides space and better build up play within the tactic.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's where the traffic is. Can somebody please tell me how I assign a player to be playmaker? Can't find it on FM12. I have set team instructions to have a playmaker, but cannot see how to assign the actual player - thanks.

P.S - Big up for The Hough for coming up with another tactci for us all :-)

Anybody able to help?

i have had mixed success with team talks. Below are two that I use (apologies I cant remember the OP's names, hope they dont mind) or throw in my own ideas using them as a template:

KO:

-Cautious > Expect a win- is the best against teams at home and lower teams away

-Cautious > No pressure- is the best if you are a far weaker team

-Passionate > For the fans- is for general matches where you have nothing specific to say

Half time:

-Cautious > Unhappy- when tied or losing, even if you are tied against a bigger team, this really motivates them

-Cautious > Happy- best if you are +1 goal up

-Caitous > Show me something else- Also a good one, only if you're losing

FT:

-Cautious > Well Done- Best one if you won any match, or tied against a hard team

-Cautious > Unhappy- If you lost or drawn with a weaker team;or narrow loss, poor performance

OR

Team Talks:

Pre Season friendlies: I just let the Assistant do all the team talks in friendlies. I dont care about friendlies, I just want all my players fit and not injured.

Competitive matches:

Pre-Match -

Overall: Ask Assistant (determination, motivation, mental, man management should be good).

Individual:The players who dont respond, tell them Passionately "you have faith"

Half Time:

Overall: Winning by 2 or more goals, tell them Calmly "dont get complacent".

Overall: Winning by 1/drawing/losing, tell them Aggressively "do you even want to win this" (i do this even if i am an underdog. it fires them up)

Individual talks for both scenarios:

If it says player is playing confidently and "no reaction" or negative reaction, ignore them.

If it says player is playing okay and "no reaction" or negative reaction, then Passionately "you have faith"

If it says player is playing nervously and no matter what their reaction is, tell them Calmly "no pressure"

Full Time:

Overall: If you draw/lose, tell them Aggressively "we should be winning these matches"

Overall: If you win, tell them Passionately "nice victory".

Individual talks for both scenarios:

If it says player had an "excellent/storming game, bossed the midfield etc", usually rating of 8.1 or above, tell him Passionately "very pleased"

finding this tactic conceding loads away from home against half decent teams. tried different team talks to no avail

team is

howard

walker, jagielka, bassong, baines

fellaini

wilshere, eriksen

dos santos, tevez, wilfired

Really, Thats strange i hardly conceded anything.

Try Defensive Positioning as Match Prep.

Archived