Surely I can't be the only one who...?

preferred it pre patch, when the green/red attribute arrows only appeared when the attributes CHANGED? I mean, that is the point of the arrows, right? To show the changes? As opposed to a players training performance?

Okay, mini rant over. But seriously, is there any way to change it back, ie to the old way? Please help - I find this really annoying.

If you look at the attribute development under the training tab, you'll see the incremental changes of the attributes. The thing is, the arrows represent what they are improving for a certain time period, usually a month, so if you check back at the end of the month and look at all the attributes with green arrows, they will have increased with varying levels of slope depending on the arrows slope/color. Generally, none of the attributes will increase by 1, but rather a percentage of 1 and the arrows are a general guide to how much of a percentage they increased by. I don't particularly like that the graph does not change until the end of the month, but its better than before imo, since you can actually see the small increases/decreases, rather than only seeing the attribute change when they go past 10.5 for a 10 to become 11 for example. Personal preference for people I suppose

I think it is a great improvement on the previous system. It is much easier to see when a player has gained CA points which is distributed into attributes. This now visible correlation between form, events and CA gained makes player development much simpler to repeat.

Edit: I agree that a "Detailed" button in addition to the "show player attribute changes" would be easy to implement and make everyone happy.

Made that point in the 12.1 patch thread but yeah, I agree with the OP. I don't care care if a player has gained 0.3 points on an attribute. I want to know when the attribute on a 20 scale has actually changed. I do care about training process but this is not the page I want it to be reflected on. With this new system all players either have an arrow beside almost every attribute or they have none. Does not help me in any way and only creates confusion.

I'd prefer to even break it down further. Perhaps add extra colouring or extra angle to the arrow. Say 0.8-1.0 would be dark green (up arrow), 0.6-0.8 lighter green (slightly down arrow)... you get it.

This way we would be more able to tell each and every aspect of improvement and adjust training accordingly.

I miss the old arrows, but appreciate the value of the new. Personally, I'd like both. Maybe thinner arrows for the slight changes over time and then big, in your face arrows when the full point boundary is crossed.

What about arrows showing detailed improvements (just like FM12), plus actual improvement on the 20 point scale highlighted by a temporary golden colour in the actual attribute screen?

I'm thinking a fast pulsing glow state for attributes that have gone up 1 or more in the previous 6 month period and a slow pulsing glow state for attributes that have gone up 0.5-0.9 in the previous 6 months and cycling colors of red to green (left to right) if they have stayed the same.

No idea what to do for attributes that have gone down though. Any ideas?

Archived