+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

Reserves

Just thought of something. There are a lot of us and fairly few questions so chances are high that there'll be at least a few people tied for highest score in each round, or at least in a lot of them, so you're going to need to decide whose thread to pick for the bonus question, especially early on before you can exclude those who have already been. Must say how interested I am to see what it is for mine if I manage to get that honour.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Just thought of something. There are a lot of us and fairly few questions so chances are high that there'll be at least a few people tied for highest score in each round, or at least in a lot of them, so you're going to need to decide whose thread to pick for the bonus question, especially early on before you can exclude those who have already been. Must say how interested I am to see what it is for mine if I manage to get that honour.
    Well I'd love to say how many were tied at the top currently and make you all excited, but I wont be giving away any spoilers.

Although mentioning the numbers, I'm well impressed we've managed to get 30+ people in!!

Part-Timer

My goal was to elicit giggles with my wrong answers ...

Reserves

So is this thing over then?

Been away most of the day laying a floor, and been without internet for some days until yesterday.

Third Team

8/10. And all because I don't give a f*** about Australian football or the FIFA Team Of The Year.

Third Team

FIFA team of the year, it's not that hard to guess 3 players tbh.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Entered by PM. I know I got at least a couple wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    FIFA team of the year, it's not that hard to guess 3 players tbh.
    Clearly was for me. I got it wrong.

Youth Team

i think i got most of em wrong..deffo got coke, maggie thatcher and n korea leader wrong

Answers sent to email

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    So is this thing over then?

Been away most of the day laying a floor, and been without internet for some days until yesterday.
    I'm pretty sure you can still enter

Reserves

Sent some answers on a postcard.

Semi Pro

It's only just started Pangaea!

Don't worry, you're in and I've marked your answers.

I have to say some of the answers from people are comical, some baffle me and some are just pure genius

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    I have to say some of the answers from people are comical, some baffle me and some are just pure genius
    I reckon once the competition is over, if not before you should reveal some of those answers so we can have a good laugh at eachother and of course ourselves

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by City2000 View Post
    I reckon once the competition is over, if not before you should reveal some of those answers so we can have a good laugh at eachother and of course ourselves
    I'll pick out some favorites at the end then

Reserves

I've sent mine through PM last night. Did you get it HC?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I've sent mine through PM last night. Did you get it HC?
    Yeah, thanks Nottingham Forest

I'm surprised you wanted to mention last night...

Part-Timer

Im betting some of mine are the comical ones? I am one thick son of a ~~~~~!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by malikoi View Post
    Im betting some of mine are the comical ones? I am one thick son of a ~~~~~!
    I don't remember them by person, but if you are one, you will be named and shamed at the end of the week

If everyone is okay with this, don't mean to offend anyone, just for everyone to have a laugh at each others 'blonde' moments!

Reserves

Doesn't bother me. I think many are fairly decent though. Although saying that I'm prone to being daft on a fair few occasions. Please don't mention last night thanks. Although saying that I am extremely looking forward to the new update for FM. Mainly because Forest will be **** and it'll be a good challenge. I like wheeling and dealing as well which is hopefully what you'll have to do.

Semi Pro

Although saying that I am extremely looking forward to the new update for FM. Mainly because Forest will be **** and it'll be a good challenge. I like wheeling and dealing as well which is hopefully what you'll have to do.
    Brilliant, the way you said it was just quality

Reserves

What? I don't think there is anything stupid or quality about what I've said. It's just the way it is .

Semi Pro

It made me laugh, so bluntly put.

Reserves

Oh, I have that habit whether I try or not . I'm looking forward to starting a save with them again. Haven't really got into a good save yet. Sorry for FM Talk.

Semi Pro

No need to apologize for FM talk, it's all good

Will you be starting a thread?

Reserves

No, probably not. I start threads and just get bored of trying to update them. My work days vary and so do my days off. Not as bad as other shift workers on here, but I just don't have the energy to update, so when I get home I just want to play FM.

Just read an article on the BBC and Cotterill says he has no money for new players. He's also said it doesn't look like we'll be signing any frees either. Looks like we may have to go down and rebuild. I'd like us to try and start using some of the youngsters more next season. From what I've seen and heard, the current lot of youngsters are as good as the Dawsons, Reids and Jenas' that came through many years ago. I don't want to give them a chance this season as it could be bad. Although with most of our back four out injured or suspended or just playing ****, we may have to start playing the likes of Jamaal Lascelles, Freeman, Gorman etc etc.

Semi Pro

Using youngsters is never bad in my opinion, we've seen some great ones come through recently, especially Walker and Naughton but at the end of the day if certain players aren't performing, things have to change. We dropped Simmo for 2 games this season after he dropped everything including too many points! George Long came in, we won the first game and drew the 2nd (4-4 at home to Exeter, the 3 points were ours if it wasn't for Long) but never the less, he'll have grown from that and got some experience.

Not to mention Simmo has been on fire since he got dropped, all in all, that could get us promoted (even if it is by the playoffs, but our record in the playoffs does not fill me with optimism)

Reserves

You beat us, luckily many, many moons ago :mad:. How things could have been different had we been promoted. Wouldn't have had to sell Dawson, Reid and wouldn't have lost Williams. Could well be an established Prem side, or even a yoyo club.

Reserves

Would love to see what some people have said. Hopefully not my own as I'm very competitive when it comes to quizzes so will be playing it completely straight.

Semi Pro

You would have had to have beaten a very good Wolves side who have done very well for themselves.

I said something similar about Birmingham City (before they'd been relegated of course), they beat us to 2nd spot and got promoted, then got bought and won the League Cup, got into Europa League etc, could have been us. Same as Stoke City, a club that was of a very similar size to us that got promoted and now look where they are.

But many, many, many clubs could say things like that, fact of the matter is, we will always be a nearly club

Semi Pro

My own club's greatest ever night was at the City Ground nearly five years ago. We lost the first leg, at HOME, in the League One playoffs 2-0 to Nottingham Forest. We went to the City Ground and won 5-2.

Reserves

Yeah **** off Daz . I was at that game and couldn't believe it .

Semi Pro

Yeah **** off Daz . I was at that game and couldn't believe it .
    Talk about being at games, my dad refused to take me to the 2nd leg against you which has been described as 'the best ever game at Bramall Lane, we'll never see anything like it again'

Reserves

I was in year 6 for that game and was taking my sats. The next day I had a test and went to bed early that night. I watched the first half and thought we would win. Woke up the next morning and couldn't believe we had lost. The best ever football moment was in the home leg all those years ago. I had only been back in the UK about 3 months and I wanted to go to the game. My dad said he couldn't get any tickets near the start earlier off the week. I was well gutted. On the Saturday, he was like come on get ready and when he told me I was going I had a tear in my eye, sad I know but I don't care.

Semi Pro

I would have been in Y3 I think, I wanted to go and pestered my dad all the time but one of my neighbours was going to the game and had Sky so they said we could watch it at theirs (and watch their house at the same time!!) so me and my dad watched it there. Don't really remember the game although I've watched the DVD about 25 times.

Third Team

I've got to not check the answers after I send them next time. I know exactly where I went wrong and are now impatient to find out where I came.

Reserves

So you're 16 ish? I've always thought you were older.

Semi Pro

Yes. I always assumed you were older than 19 odd to be fair.

Reserves

Nope, if you see most of my first posts when I came on to the forums then you'd think I wasn't. Tbf, most of my posts are about cack anyway. I used to have a post count close to 50 a day .

Semi Pro

It wasn't your post count that made me think that, just your username.

Assume makes an ass out of u and me

Reserves

Just because of my username, you thought I was older. I don't know how but ok.

Semi Pro

Well no thats a lie, your post count and join date did have an effect and the way you type (speak).

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    My own club's greatest ever night was at the City Ground nearly five years ago. We lost the first leg, at HOME, in the League One playoffs 2-0 to Nottingham Forest. We went to the City Ground and won 5-2.
    Seeing how were all laying into Forest I thought i'd take my turn

I loved that game Daz, i'm a Bristol City fan with a real soft spot for Yeovil and that was the season that we were locked in a real tight promotion battle with Forest and Calderwood spent the entire run-in trying to play mind games. I remember the day after that 5-2 game I went around a mates house and we had the highlights running on repeat, good times!

Reserves

when i first came on to the forums i posted like this and didn't use much grammar if any

Reserves

Oh thanks, so now it's pick on Forest. Raware, where are you?

Semi Pro

Seen as we are laying into you.

I've just seen that miss from Findley last night, wow, just wow!

Reserves

Yeah I've seen that . I don't get why he didn't just stay standing still and tapped in. I was at work when the game was on, thank god. Don't get to much games due to work.

Semi Pro

He did everything wrong, any part of his body bar that foot and the ball was in.

Fortunately due to college I manage to get to every game, home and away. It's an addiction that I can't help

Reserves

When I lived abroad, mine and my dad's plans when we moved back over was to get a season ticket. Unfortunately he got a house straight away pretty much and doesn't have the time and money to go. I then got a job and now I only if I'm off work and my dad wants to go. Love the match day feeling, but earning pennies is much more important.

Semi Pro

I do have to pay for the trips myself but they are worth it. I don't have a job, unless you class a paper round as a job? It gets me the money I need for every other saturday, thats the way I look at it anyway.

My dad comes to the home games but he's not a fan, so stays at home for the away games.

Reserves

I've had a paper round before but was getting mugged off, so sacked in after about a month. The way we're playing at the moment, I'm glad I don't go tbh.

Semi Pro

I wish I didn't watch us last season but it's so much nicer this season.

Part-Timer

What time are we getting the results and my humiliation?

Semi Pro

Tuesday is the update day, the results, funny answers and the next round of the quiz will all come on a tuesday.

Youth Team

when i first came on to the forums i posted like this and didn't use much grammar if any
    when i first came on to these forums all my threads ended up closed and me handed bans

Semi Pro

When I came to the forums I used correct grammar. Since reading some of my posts on other forums it really bugs me about my poor grammar therefore I like to attain I high posting standard as I feel it is much easier to read. I also do support work for a Minecraft plugin and it's much easier to understand if it is written in grammatically correct English.

Also most people read from the shape of the word not the letters so correct grammar actually helps people read your posts and understand them more!

Part-Timer

Tuesday is the update day, the results, funny answers and the next round of the quiz will all come on a tuesday.
    Aww OK.. So far away!

Semi Pro

HC will you write all the questions? Could we input questions to help and not take part that week?

Semi Pro

Flamers, you put 'I like to attain I high standard' I'm sure it should be 'I like to attain a high standard'

I've been writing the questions and getting feedback off AcidBurn on them before posting them, tweaking them if he has some better ideas. I was planning on doing that for every round, if other people were to help out the odd week it would take away a lot of the competitiveness of the quiz itself.

On a complete side note, why have I got Location, Location, Location on record? I must have gone crazy for a second.

Semi Pro

I try to confuse people ;) Ok just wondering

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Flamers, you put 'I like to attain I high standard' I'm sure it should be 'I like to attain a high standard'

He left himself open with a post like that.

Semi Pro

I just leave myself open ;)

*hrb You left yourself open to a post like that

Semi Pro

Sorry Forest, I was in hiding through sheer embarrassment after that performance against the bin robbers the other night!

Semi Pro

Just a quick update, these are the people that currently haven't handed in the answers for Round 1:
    • roganp
    • Lenzar
    • ssestig
    • rancer890

Youth Team

Perhaps the quiz winner could become the quiz master at the end of the 10 weeks? If they're willing of course (I certainly would be, but doubt I'll win ).

International Squad

I didn't know the correct answer to the last question but I reckon I should be given a point for the quality answer I have given instead.

Semi Pro

I was planning on making this annual, around this time every year. I think (personally) if we kept the quiz going all the time it would eventually drag out and people would lose interest.

Nobby, got to be honest, it made no sense what so ever.

Reserves

I'm eager to find out what that's about.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    I'm eager to find out what that's about.
    All in good time

Semi Pro

Everything is ready to be updated tomorrow and it will all be up tomorrow day time but still not had answers from them 4 I mentioned earlier.

International Squad

Nobby, got to be honest, it made no sense what so ever.
    My answer to the question about the new Supreme Leader of North Korea doesn't take much working out.

Reserves

Sent by PM. Quite sure I failed.

Reserves

Round 2 tomorrow!!!!

Third Team

Eagerly awaiting the results.

Third Team

Where's the results?

Semi Pro

Default Round 1 Answers

1. What nationality is Inter Milan's Diego Forlan?
    Uruguay

2. Name 5 variations of the drink Coca-Cola. (Past and present)
    Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Light, Caffeine Free Coca-Cola, Cherry, New Coke ‘II’, Lemon, Vanilla, C2, Lime, Raspberry, Zero, Black Cherry Vanilla, Blãk, Citra, Light Sango, Orange.

3. Who were the first ever winners of the English FA Cup?
    Wanderers.

4. What is Eminem's (the rapper) real name?
    Marshall Mathers.

5. What colour is Australian A-League side, Adelaide United's home shirt?
    Red.

6. What is the smallest country in the world? (Population and size)
    Vatican City or Sealand (very grey area as it's not technically recognized as a country)

7. Name 3 players in the FIFA Team of the Year 2011.
    Iker Casillas, Daniel Alves, Gerard Pique, Sergio Ramos, Nemanja Vidic, Andreas Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney.

8. Who plays Margret Thatcher in the film: The Iron Lady?
    Meryl Streep (Alexandra Roach 'Young Margret Thatcher')

9. Which MLS team play their home games in: The Home Depot Center?
    LA Galaxy or Chivas USA.

10. Who is the new 'Supreme Leader' of North Korea?
    Kim Jong-Un

Bonus Question. During my career I had a player called Milenko Stanivukovic, he was on loan from which club?
    Burnley.
    Last edited by HotChocolate; 24-01-2012 at 15:34.

Semi Pro

Default Round 1 Results

iHeadHunta x – 5pts | SnakeXe – 6pts | hursty2 – 9pts | Adelaidean – 10pts | City2000 – 8pts | Flamers – 9pts | malikoi – 2pts | Raware – 8pts | AK22 – 8pts | hrbfcrule – 9pts | deltablue – 12pts | ShyBaldBuddhist – 10pts | TWalsh – 6pts | Makonnen – 4pts | SRL88 – 6pts | DazRTaylor – 10pts | jackripper – 6pts | B.W.G – 11pts | ManUTactician247 -4pts | Scribe – 10pts | MattSpurs94 – 10pts | Nottingham Forest – 7pts | Deisler26 – 7pts | Pangaea – 5pts | kris0710 – 10pts | cplpeters – 9pts | Nobby_McDonald – 7pts | Barney Butterball – 7pts | roganp – 8pts | Ssestig – 9pts | Rancer890 – 6pts

*If you think you have got the wrong score then let me know, I did double check every set of answers I got so they should be correct but I am only human.

Semi Pro

Awesome Good luck to all in round 2!

Reserves

Wooo I did well in Round 1. Looking forward to Round 2.

Semi Pro

Default Round 1 Table

Code:
    Username		R1	R2	R3	R4	R5	R6	R7	R8	R9	R10	Total
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    deltablue		12
    B.W.G			11
    Adelaidean		10
    DazRTaylor		10
    kris0710		10
    MattSpurs94		10
    ShyBaldBuddhist		10
    Scribe			10
    cplpeters		9
    Flamers			9
    hrbfcrule		9
    hursty2			9
    Ssestig			9
    AK22			8
    City2000		8
    Raware			8
    roganp			8
    Barney Butterball	7
    Deisler26		7
    Nobby_McDonald		7
    Nottingham Forest	7
    jackripper		6
    Rancer890		6
    SnakeXe			6
    SRL88			6
    TWalsh			6
    iHeadHunta x		5
    Pangaea			5
    Makonnen		4
    ManUTactician247	4
    malikoi			2
    Lenzar			--
    So it's congratulations to deltablue who got every single question right and sits at the top of the table after Week 1. Unfortunately malikoli only got 2 questions right and sits down 2nd to bottom, saved by Lenzar who didn't send in any answers.

Semi Pro

Congrats delta

Third Team

9 points.

Semi Pro

Default Round 1 - The Good and the not so good answers

Fruit Coke (ManUtdTactician247) - It was a good guess but really, Coca-Cola were never going to do a healthy version

Don’t think Vatican is a real country so I’ll go for San Marino (Pangaea) - Oh, if only you'd have said Vatican, oh wait you did but didn't put it as your answer! I suggest you stop reading now Pangaea!

Kim Dong-yun (Pangaea) - If you'd have put 'Jong-yun' I would have accepted it as yun sounds like un so yet again, so close, but yet so far!

Suk Mi Dik (Nobby_McDonald) - No thanks Nobby, when you said 'last question' I thought you meant your guess at the Bonus Question 'Deportivo Wanka'

Marshal Mathis (malikoli) - Yet another one that was so close but so far, it's Mathers not Mathis.

Carlton Cole (Barney Butterball) - He will never make team of the year, come on!

Marilyn Monroe (iHeadHunta x) - She died 50 years ago so it would be impressive for her to star in a film that has just been released!

*All in light hearted humour, did not and do not mean to offend anyone.

Youth Team

I'm sorry how is 12 points possible from 11 questions?

Also question 8 has a second answer - Alexandra Roach, who plays the young Thatcher.
    Last edited by SnakeXe; 24-01-2012 at 15:14.

Third Team

2 point bonus question!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    2 point bonus question!
    Ahhh that'll teach me for skim-reading people's careers.

Semi Pro

Cheers SnakeXe, I checked all the answers so if someone had put Alexandra I would have given them a point and yes, it's 2 points for the Bonus Question, I did say that in the OP

Semi Pro

Carlton Cole is amazing in the 4 appearances he made for my FIFA 12 team (he was brought for £14.5m) he scored a grand total of 2 goals a season!

Semi Pro

Default Round 2: Go, go, go!

1. Which 2 teams have won the Copa del Rey more times than Real Madrid?

2. Who is the creator of The Simpsons?

3. Former Manchester United player, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, currently manages which club?

4. In which country will the new Formula 1 season start?

5. How much did Chelsea pay Bolton for Gary Cahill?

6. Name all 8 of the "Planets" in our Solar System.

7. This years African Cup of Nations is held in which two countries?

8. How many people have played The Doctor in Doctor Who?

9. In the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which nation was the only unbeaten team?

10. What film won ‘Best Picture’ at the academy awards (Oscars) in 1998?

Bonus Question. In deltablue’s career thread, what league and position were West Brom in when he took over?

Semi Pro

Epic fail sent in

9 is a great question!
    Last edited by Flamers; 24-01-2012 at 15:57.

Im not sure of the second team in question 1, wasnt sure of question 8 and guessed the bonus question. Think I got the rest correct though!!!

Youth Team

Sent mine, think I got 9/12, possibly 10 depending on how much leeway you're allowing us with the answer to 5.

9 is an excellent question, mainly because I knew the answer

Reserves

Don’t think Vatican is a real country so I’ll go for San Marino (Pangaea) - Oh, if only you'd have said Vatican, oh wait you did but didn't put it as your answer! I suggest you stop reading now Pangaea!

Kim Dong-yun (Pangaea) - If you'd have put 'Jong-yun' I would have accepted it as yun sounds like un so yet again, so close, but yet so far!
    Ugh, so close yet so far away. Would still say the Vatican is not a real country though. I believe they only have observer status in the UN and can't vote, and there are only a few blowhards who actually live in the place anyway.

Kim Dong-yun was a wild guess. Funny I got that close Should of course made it a more educated guess and put in Jong after his father, but it was all in jest anyway.

Semi Pro

Vatican is recognised as a country buy the UN, Sealand isn't. That defines a country

Semi Pro

Beat me to it Flamers, I will have accepted Sealand though as barely anyone knows of/about it so if you knew about it, you deserve the point!

Semi Pro

I want a Lordship just cos I can And it's only about an hour from my home

Amateur

After a decent first round i've put my solid mid-table place in jeopardy this week I think!

Some tough questions there (well, for me anyway )

Semi Pro

Snake thinks I have got 2, I don't doubt it

Semi Pro

Mine is sent . Some more good questions a couple of tricky one's which I wasn't sure about. Maybe 7-8/10 for me.

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Sent. Very good set of questions. Pity I'm terrible at anything to do with films

Reserves

I'm crap too. Gunning for Lenzar's spot methinks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast