How to increase Club Reputation?

I recently made a athread wondering how to increase your sponsership money.

However my general conclusion is that it reflects on your club rep more than anything....

In my First Season with PSV I achieved the following:

Won the League (Predicted 3rd)

Won the Dutch Cup

Got to the 1/4 finals of the Europa League

In my second Season I achieved the following:

Won the League

WOn the Dutch Cup

Won the Dutch Super Cup

Go to the 1/2 finals of the Champions League!

Any way at the start of my 3rd season I get the following message.....

screenshot20120103at215.png

The last bit of the message says that my rep has decreased? What are factors that influence Club reputation?

i m not sure if this will help but have you tried getting a feeder club to increase your teams rep oversea and rep in different countries, it will cost you but i do that alot with manchested united and bonus you get to use their scout information as well. a friend told me about this when he was using a small team he got promoted in the premier league.

From my limited experience, it seems like there is quite a big influence from transfers on club rep, so it does not depend only on results. If that's your second season, I imagine you probably are starting to let go of a lot of people from the original team that you would consider deadwood, but since they have a decently high reputation, it might be hurting your rep. If that's not the case for you, then I don't really know.

I will say though that after managing to get a N. Ireland team to champions league group stages for two years and still not break out of 1 star club rep rating, I think maybe club rep does need a review but I don't want it to be balanced the other way where you can have huge increases in rep for one good season too so... its a tricky balance I imagine

i m not sure if this will help but have you tried getting a feeder club to increase your teams rep oversea and rep in different countries, it will cost you but i do that alot with manchested united and bonus you get to use their scout information as well. a friend told me about this when he was using a small team he got promoted in the premier league.

I have just asked the club to try for a new feeder club, I'll try an get one outside of the EU :)

From my limited experience, it seems like there is quite a big influence from transfers on club rep, so it does not depend only on results. If that's your second season, I imagine you probably are starting to let go of a lot of people from the original team that you would consider deadwood, but since they have a decently high reputation, it might be hurting your rep. If that's not the case for you, then I don't really know.

I will say though that after managing to get a N. Ireland team to champions league group stages for two years and still not break out of 1 star club rep rating, I think maybe club rep does need a review but I don't want it to be balanced the other way where you can have huge increases in rep for one good season too so... its a tricky balance I imagine

Myt transfers have been fairly good, let about two players go with continental reputation, but then I have brought in about 5-6 contintal rep players... so I wouldn't think it to be too much of a problem.

I think that there is a bug here, because even though you should'nt necessarily overtake Ajax, you should definately not have lost reputation from your achievements. Unfortunately I think that the reputation thing is very much work in progress from SI and like a number of other features in the game, they just aren't working properly yet.

I think that there is a bug here, because even though you should'nt necessarily overtake Ajax, you should definately not have lost reputation from your achievements. Unfortunately I think that the reputation thing is very much work in progress from SI and like a number of other features in the game, they just aren't working properly yet.

Okay, i'll post it in the bug forum and see what they say :)

Archived