Game unavailable, again!!!

I have been trying for two days to get game started, which I have been playing for over 90 hours!

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why?, can I not just click on the damn desktop icon and play, why SI do you make me use Steam? I dont want to use steam and I paid you for CD/DVD, surely this should be a choice? It should also be my choice if I wanted to update my game.

Looking through the many, many, many forums on this subject and after bleedy vaildating my cache a host of times and changes my blobby registry file, it looks like my game will have to be reinstalled.

To be honest it is not as if you have a perfect bug free game in the first place, now you have added this other nasty hurdle which is purely a profit making measure, but come on SI think about your real fans who will never by fakes but will be genuine - please gave us our choice back of not using steam - I want to be table to just sit and play my game without have to research why it isnt working every three months or so.

I honestly never thought I would say this but this really isnt worth the hassle and seriously think I will just revert to FIFA on the PlayStation, which really is just indicative of how SI is treating it loyal customers. I have played ever version of this game going from the very first Championship Manager, and I have never felt so despondent.

• 2 months later...

If you're getting the game not available message, open your Steam Library, right-click on Football Manager and click properties. Find the "Verify cache" option and use it. This will usually force the game into checking for updates and in most cases makes the game available again for people to use.

Archived